Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really love the look of LAQ and the LI can't be beat, but yeah... I'm not tiny but I always look like a 6 year old- esp in the desk/ chair set *swings feet in air before dropping dangerously to the floor* (that Tree House, tho!)

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

51 LI for your entire downstairs? Can we see the picture of the other room please! This is so nicely done. Gorgeous! 🥰

The entire downstairs is not linked, just a good portion of it. I don't link animated items, for example. :) 

But here's a pic to show more; the TV and sofa are not part of the linked group. With a couple of small exceptions, the rest of it is. It's mostly a trial and error thing, really!

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The entire downstairs is not linked, just a good portion of it. I don't link animated items, for example. :) 

But here's a pic to show more; the TV and sofa are not part of the linked group. With a couple of small exceptions, the rest of it is. It's mostly a trial and error thing, really!

Snapshot_002.png

Beautifully done!  Love the pops of color and style you have showcased, Beth.  Now Littlemouse has me swapping my rooms out again. Music room in the front where I liked it.  And making a smaller kitchen/dinning room in the large back room with a wall divider in place to make up 2 long halls.  🥴

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Snapshot_002.png

if you link them together, it reduces LI?  this is really pretty.

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

Thanks, and yes, it can lower LI when you link mesh items. The ins and outs are a bit more complicated than I can explain, but I know there was a good discussion somewhere in these threads just recently. 

Mostly I advise two rules: 1) make sure you have a backup copy of what you are about to experiment on and 2) do it at a sandbox in case it backfires and goes way up in LI! (Trust me on that second one! lol)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks, and yes, it can lower LI when you link mesh items. The ins and outs are a bit more complicated than I can explain, but I know there was a good discussion somewhere in these threads just recently. 

Mostly I advise two rules: 1) make sure you have a backup copy of what you are about to experiment on and 2) do it at a sandbox in case it backfires and goes way up in LI! (Trust me on that second one! lol)

thanks.  i was wondering if i linked all the kitchen pieces together, if it would reduce LI. i guess i would have to try it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

Besides the things Sylvia responded directly with, as she alluded to in her prior post, you usually don't want to link anything with an animation in it.  Or at, the very least, if you try it, be ready to spend time adjusting all the animations.

• Like 3

Just now, Littlemouse Topaz said:

thanks.  i was wondering if i linked all the kitchen pieces together, if it would reduce LI. i guess i would have to try it.

That's what I would do. I know some posted some stuff about fancy ways to tell what would happen if you linked things, but honestly, I think it's just easier to let 'er rip and link them. lol

Remember, as a premium member, you get access to the Premium-only sandboxes. They are nice. :)

• Like 2

I decided to splurge a little in my house, and use Maya's Eliza kitchen, which I had shrunk down.  I think it is 47 LI, not including the table, chairs, pantry or waste basket.  Originally I had prim possible, which was far friendlier on my parcel capacity.  I wanted something with a little more detail though.

Snapshot_1127.thumb.png.03efea7b795cc8d131b793f33047c170.png

This is the front room of the Winchester model home, the refrigerator is right where the side windows would be.  I decided to just cover them, from the outside it looks like the shades are down.   The waste basket is temporary, now that I see it in perspective it looks so huge 😲

I made my kitchen for my skybox, it is really basic.  I created it using prims, then exported it to mesh.  This kitchen is actually tiny, it was built for my petite fairy AV.

Snapshot_1128.thumb.png.4bb876993cc2b53f7279204043c70857.png

This one is only 14 LI, but that includes all of the accessories, 4 stools, the floor, and a wall.  It is very basic, and blocky, but trying to find a kitchen for a petite sized house is not easy.  I really wish I had a little more patience, and took the time to actually learn how to make mesh properly.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

I decided to splurge a little in my house, and use Maya's Eliza kitchen, which I had shrunk down.  I think it is 47 LI, not including the table, chairs, pantry or waste basket.  Originally I had prim possible, which was far friendlier on my parcel capacity.  I wanted something with a little more detail though.

Snapshot_1127.thumb.png.03efea7b795cc8d131b793f33047c170.png

This is the front room of the Winchester model home, the refrigerator is right where the side windows would be.  I decided to just cover them, from the outside it looks like the shades are down.   The waste basket is temporary, now that I see it in perspective it looks so huge 😲

I made my kitchen for my skybox, it is really basic.  I created it using prims, then exported it to mesh.  This kitchen is actually tiny, it was built for my petite fairy AV.

Snapshot_1128.thumb.png.4bb876993cc2b53f7279204043c70857.png

This one is only 14 LI, but that includes all of the accessories, 4 stools, the floor, and a wall.  It is very basic, and blocky, but trying to find a kitchen for a petite sized house is not easy.  I really wish I had a little more patience, and took the time to actually learn how to make mesh properly.

the top one is really nice. how did you texture the walls? and those floors??

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Besides the things Sylvia responded directly with, as she alluded to in her prior post, you usually don't want to link anything with an animation in it.  Or at, the very least, if you try it, be ready to spend time adjusting all the animations.

yeah, i was thinking about that and this kitchen has tons of animations, so im gonna leave it as is. i dont wanna mess anything up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

the top one is really nice. how did you texture the walls?

Unfortunately, we can't texture the walls, outside of the choices given from the control panel.  I had to create mesh walls, to cover over the original walls to be able to texture the rooms to my liking :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

how did you texture the walls? and those floors??

A few people sell mesh wall for the houses/houseboats on the MP.  The Bellisseria Community group has a list of them all on their web page:  https://bellisseriacommunity.wixsite.com/home/list-of-add-ons

You can also do a search on the MP for Linden House and you might find more stuff that isn't on that list.  As for wall inserts, they MP add will say what model of house it is for.

• Like 3

It is great seeing all these kitchens and the LI for them.  I've probably got a dozen kitchens in inventory (amazing for a gal that seldom puts kitchens in homes), some older, some newer, but it is nice to see that most of them are in line with these others for LI.  When I rezzed them all out the other day, to pick from, I was thinking I maybe needed to shop for some lower LI stuff.

• Like 6

I use the Palm View kitchen from Roost the base units plus shelf & glasses weigh in at 13 Li linked i have roughly the same amount of Li invested in all the food/drink/kitchen items most of which i've been able to link together to shave off Li  plus rezzed a few bits from the swaginator hunt a 1 Li light and 2 Li dining table from Anna Erotica

Myhome_007_004.thumb.png.5595ec8db9518542e2fc3a93ad1b20f0.png

• Like 11

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is great seeing all these kitchens and the LI for them.  I've probably got a dozen kitchens in inventory (amazing for a gal that seldom puts kitchens in homes), some older, some newer, but it is nice to see that most of them are in line with these others for LI.  When I rezzed them all out the other day, to pick from, I was thinking I maybe needed to shop for some lower LI stuff.

I am glad to see these too.  I also thought maybe it was just me but I can see now that lots of peoples kitchens are high LI.

Edited by karynmaria
added a word for clarification
  • Like 4

It is strange just how huge furniture is in SL, after seeing Claireschen's kitchen, I decided to swap out my table for an Anna Erotica table, it was way too big for the kitchen though.  I decided to resize it, because of that I had to remove the original script and create a new one using AVSitter, which turned the table into a 4 prim object.  But it was a lot smaller, and sits four.  It takes less space than the table I had there before, which only had two seats.  I saved about 7 LI doing this.

Snapshot_1132.thumb.png.455e1364145de5c1f51cc787c8b44d8f.png

It is now small enough, that I could make a dining room 😍

Snapshot_1133.thumb.png.e35a0f2f1610aab699272d989abe70e2.png

I'm really surprised, when I first saw these homes I thought they were so small, now my furniture looks tiny in them 🤣

• Like 9

10 hours ago, kiramanell said:

As for my Windlass kitchen, I think most have seen it by now. :) It's the Calla Kitchen (see below). It's actually a play-kitchen, for children, LOL. I have tried to replace it, endlessly, with something more grown-up, but I keep discarding those, as this one simply looks the cutest: 

toy.thumb.jpg.819557bcb43231a51ff333f697ba3235.jpg

;

I think it looks great!!!! You actually dont need much more, apart from som prep space. Love it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is my favorite kitchen for the Winchester house. I am using the first room with big windows.

This kitchen also demands some mod. I am using only the corner unit and the island unit. I think the LH rooms are a bit small for a freestanding unit.

First I took off the tiles on the left. I am not using the decorative items with this kitchen, because there are lower LI items to get. The kitchen units are nice low LI.

New Kitchen in Winchester house

As you can see, I pushed the island into the corner unit. Instead of a corner kitchen with freestanding island, I have an U-shaped kitchen.

A better picture of the connected parts:

New Kitchen in Winchester house

But, the original wood was so heavy shaded that you could see a seam between the units. I textured the wood tops with a wood texture from Jubran. I don't have this kitchen up now, so I can't see the name of the texture.

The kitchen has no animations. You can get some animations if you use bar stools from a Maya's kitchen, to rez food and other things. I choose other chairs instead.

The Kitchen is Cheeky Pea - modified, parts edited off, new texture on the countertops and wood sides.
Hanging lightbulbs, DDD
Butterflies, Fancy Decor (I edited off shadows to get lower LI)
Roman blinds, Mudhoney
Bar-stools, Schultz Bros
Kitchen clutter, Vespertine and Dust Bunny
Coffee station, What Next

Kitchen: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CP-Tilly-Kitchen-Set/16910180

Edited by Marianne Little
edited image and more information
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Loving looking at the photos in this thread, such beautiful rooms created!  Starting from zero inventory this time around I've found myself really thinking about what I want in SL, and realised things change all the time. I'm currently spending too much time in the kitchen in real life so it's been a rebellion to avoid that room in SL :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.