Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not really good at it but sometimes the animations are in a little transparent box. So it might help if you not totally dissassembled it but just take off carefulli one object after the other by using EDIT - LINKED Objects - unlink ... while doing that you should set transparent to visible. Would be a good precaution to look into the contents of each object before unlinking and deleting it. Maybe they put the animations into the banana! ;)

I have finally found a kitchen that is modular enough to work in most of the Victorian homes (and would likely work well in the Traditional ones too).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TDE-Modular-Kitchen/18061395 (FYI, the refrigerator and oven are sold separately, by the same vendor).There's two sizes each of upper and lower cabinets as well as spacers. Here I am starting to put in the Hardy.

You can see I still have to align some of it, but wow, it really fits the space and feels like a real, planned out kitchen. Which is what my Linden Homes have been missing.

image.thumb.png.6ac9632e4f51e2dbc0253502a9569746.png

I have this over on the side of the house that is one long room, thinking that I would use the front for a more formal dining area, but now I am unsure if I will do that (I could change the kitchen texture to darker wood so it is more formal).

Option 2 is to  put the dining room in the back on the side of the house that has two rooms downstairs (after all there is that passage in the back between both sides of the house), and have an informal family room in front of the kitchen, with the formal living room in front of the dining room.

Option 3 is to  move the kitchen to the other side of the house, mirroring its current layout, and put the duding room in the room in front, allowing for the current space to become a HUGE great room.

What do you think?

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you. Nope didn't have to do any resizing.  Just had to be accurate with the line up, plus comes with HUD to change the door, counter and backsplash colors.

I am thinking of adding more backsplash in some of the areas (It's just behind the stove now).  Your kitchen seems to have a better selection in terms of appliances.

(Have always liked modular stuff... much more flexible and easier to set up a room in terms of windows and doors etc. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy navigating through the MP, trying stores I've never heard of, and trying different items. This little ktichen came as a surprise, only 10Li and it looks really nice in my Victorian. The pattern of the cabinets doors is what caught my eye. It is not the most detailed and perfetly fitted one, but I like the vintage look.  Now I want to work on some subway tiles and wooden coating for the walls. 

I got like 5 different kitchens last night, let's try a few and see which one works best!!

simplicityKitchen.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What kitchen is that?

It is this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Vintage-Charm-Kitchen-PROMO/9914605

You can play around with the different options it includes :) I wanted something that didn't take too much room or prims, so it came in handy :)  My house has no security system, if you want to check inworld

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A heads up for kitchen shoppers - Your Dreams is going to be featuring a nice looking kitchen cabinet set this weekend (Jan 24 - 25) for $50L during the Happy Weekend sale. I'd describe it as somewhat shabby chic, but not cutesy. White weathered-looking cabinet units and butcher block counter tops. Note that this does not include the appliances, just a upper counter unit, a lower counter unit with sink, another lower counter unit and an island with stools. 

Disclaimer: I do not work for Your Dreams and I have not been compensated in any way for this notice 😀. I was just checking out the pictures for the weekend sales on Facebook and thought of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/17/2020 at 3:10 AM, Jules Catlyn said:

I kept mine quite plain and modern. I might change the deco a bit but this is it for now.

Windlass kitchen done_small.png

The dark walls and the spare decorations you've chosen really make this extremely simple cabinet set pop, great way to frame a striking window view.   May I ask, where is the wood wine rack on the left from?  ETA: p.s. while I'm asking things, did the wall panels come with the kitchen?  Are they one big mesh set, or individual pieces?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The dark walls and the spare decorations you've chosen really make this extremely simple cabinet set pop, great way to frame a striking window view.   May I ask, where is the wood wine rack on the left from?

It is the "Fancy Decor: Visser Wine Cabinet" the bottles and glasses on the cupboard are sold in the shop separately but on top of it in the shop as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What you see here are the Your Dreams cabinets along with MudHoney Stainless appliances.
image.thumb.png.b0ebd146170a73ab4d3222891e21ab1c.png

I've made a fake "corner" piece for the lower cabinets by unlinking the plain version of the cabinet on the bottom right and removing the hardware, then shrinking the length. 

What you don't see here is the island and the stools that come with the set.

I've been looking at options for the Shelley in order to put a kitchen and dining area in the front room with the turret. That turret area just begs for a round table, and other than this area, you'd have to put a kitchen in the room behind this one, I think. The only other room downstairs in the Shelley is a front "parlor" just inside the front door.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 6

On 1/24/2020 at 10:31 PM, Trinity1776 said:

A heads up for kitchen shoppers - Your Dreams is going to be featuring a nice looking kitchen cabinet set this weekend (Jan 24 - 25) for $50L during the Happy Weekend sale. I'd describe it as somewhat shabby chic, but not cutesy. White weathered-looking cabinet units and butcher block counter tops. Note that this does not include the appliances, just a upper counter unit, a lower counter unit with sink, another lower counter unit and an island with stools.

according to Seraphim there are Your Dreams appliances at Shiny Shabby for L$200; fridge, oven and microwave. not been inworld yet to check whether that's L$200 each or L$200 for the pack of three.

10 hours ago, usagihara said:

according to Seraphim there are Your Dreams appliances at Shiny Shabby for L$200; fridge, oven and microwave. not been inworld yet to check whether that's L$200 each or L$200 for the pack of three.

i checked ,its 200 lin for a pack of three  ,only weird is the microwave is attached to the stove ,but i guess you can unlink it

The microwave is not attached to the stove when you buy the pack, just in the display at Shiny Shabby.  As far as the appliances, the blue ones blend in nicely with the cabinets. The black ones are too dark, and I didn't want to do pink ones with the blue/grey cabinets. I was not impressed as m much with the appliances as I was with the cabinets. It's just a stylistic taste thing, there's nothing wrong with them. They have a flat looking texture, for example. 

They are a little smaller than the MudHoney ones, which is better proportionally with the cabinets, but I don't like the cord and wall outlets (easy enough to remove).

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

The microwave is not attached to the stove when you buy the pack, just in the display at Shiny Shabby.  As far as the appliances, the blue ones blend in nicely with the cabinets. The black ones are too dark, and I didn't want to do pink ones with the blue/grey cabinets. I was not impressed as m much with the appliances as I was with the cabinets. It's just a stylistic taste thing, there's nothing wrong with them. They have a flat looking texture, for example. 

They are a little smaller than the MudHoney ones, which is better proportionally with the cabinets, but I don't like the cord and wall outlets (easy enough to remove).

Most disappointing (I bought them) is no animations. I don't understand why a creator wouldn't put in even a few basic ones for the stove particularly. 

Also, once rezzed they didn't look anything like the ad. The stove/fridge were a lot thinner and the microwave was way too large (and then there's the cord issue). Call me disappointed. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
clarification

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.