NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

I agree with BelleBex above when she said, 

I'm beginning to feel we should all cut our premium memberships in protest of not being provided a 1024-meter SL Home as promised!!!!🤬

FYI, no one has a 1024 meter SL home. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Sometimes I think the Belli community must hate the Lab employees ... you realize that by making fun of paying customers - effectifely encouraging them to leave the subscription - you actually cost the company money and endanger the jobs of the idols you so fiercely defend, right? Good job, Bellis ... good job ... :/

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

you realize that by making fun of paying customers - effectifely encouraging them to leave the subscription

Translation of the original post: "GIMME WHAT I WANT OR I WILL STOMP OUT OF HERE!!!!"

I just don't respond well to tantrums. 

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

I'm beginning to feel we should all cut our premium memberships in protest of not being provided a 1024-meter SL Home as promised!!!!🤬

LL don't promise you a 1024 plot within the new continent they promise you a home be it one of the new ones house or boat there is also other options ie the old style homes also the chance of a 1024 plot on the mainland granted who in there right mind wants the old style houses with only 117 prims when you can join the time out lottery folk like me and try to get a new one with 351Li 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Translation of the original post: "GIMME WHAT I WANT OR I WILL STOMP OUT OF HERE!!!!"

I just don't respond well to tantrums. 

Hey it is a customer telling them why they are unhappy with the account and why they cancel if they don't get what they want - the academics call that strange new phenomenon customer feedback. The Lab is free to deal with them however they want. However by bashing them you and your ilk anticipate a behavior by the Lab you seem fit for the situation... this might not actually be the reaction the Lab really would have shown. But now it is too late - the customer now for sure is lost thanks to a Forum's clique ganging up on them - Congratulations!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

I don't feel at all deceived by LL - and I didn't understand why anyone would until someone pointed me to a marketing video touting the new homes for premium members.  I don't think I would have presumed LL to mean that new linden homes were guaranteed - but I can see why some people feel duped. 

I doubt anyone at LL would mind if people who can't get into new homes don't renew when the time comes.  For me, this is the only benefit that makes premium membership attractive enough to pay $99 annually.  Since we can rejoin any time - there's no reason NOT to let your membership expire if you can't get into a new linden home especially if you're like me and you really aren't available during releases.  I don't mean I'd cancel as retribution - I mean that I'd cancel if the product that makes premium membership worth it for me isn't available.  

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well please don't do that if u can help it!  We need to fund those Moles and keep them working   :)

I am definitely doing my part to fund Mole activities....I'm 100% Team Moles!!   LL gets a good chunk of my monthly entertainment dollars - the annual premium membership nothing compared to the rest of my transactions.  Ha!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I see most of the posters on this thread responding to the OP as one might respond to a friend who harmed them, and I see Fionalein responding as a customer support person might respond.
Actually, since the forum is the face of SL perhaps we should (to a degree) be a bit more objective like a customer support employee would attempt to be.

While I'm not exactly happy to see someone respond with a tantrum or power trip when not getting what they want, I realize they are in a power imbalance with LL -- they are at a disadvantage in the exchange. They have trusted LL, giving them some money, in faith that what they were promised would be delivered. And they feel betrayed. So I think we should try and ignore the power-tripping and respond in a way that would enable them to get some of their power back.
For example, we could explain how they really will eventually get what they want if they could be patient. Or tell them WHY they can't have it right now (that LL is not doing anything nefarious). Perhaps reason would prevail if approached in a kind way.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

Since we can rejoin any time - there's no reason NOT to let your membership expire

Just a note on the bolded part:  Your membership does not expire in the traditional sense of things.  When you paid for your membership, you basically agreed to automatic renewal unless you specifically take action to Downgrade your account.  If anyone wants to not renew, they have to Downgrade from their Dashboard / Account / Premium Membership (lower part of the page).

If you do so, you will continue to get your weekly stipend and receive any other Premium benefits until the currently paid for period is over.  HOWEVER, you will NOT be able to continue to try for a Linden Home because you cannot own any land when requesting a Downgrade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just a note on the bolded part:  Your membership does not expire in the traditional sense of things.  When you paid for your membership, you basically agreed to automatic renewal unless you specifically take action to Downgrade your account.  If anyone wants to not renew, they have to Downgrade from their Dashboard / Account / Premium Membership (lower part of the page).

If you do so, you will continue to get your weekly stipend and receive any other Premium benefits until the currently paid for period is over.  HOWEVER, you will NOT be able to continue to try for a Linden Home because you cannot own any land when requesting a Downgrade.

Yes - I understand this.   I don't see the benefit (for me) of downgrading until my renewal date.  By let it expire - I mean cancelling my membership - taking the steps I know are needed to do that.  

• Like 1

I have a lot of experience with this -- customers in SL. In my early years I was very upset when a customer would try and power-trip me or approach me as if I had set out to harm them or something when they were having trouble with one of my items (usually they couldn't figure out how to use my skybox system as it's very complicated).
My brother told me I needed to toughen up and not be offended, that whenever money changes hands it changes everything (he's a businessman). And I started to realize I really do have power over my customer when they send me money and have to trust they'll get what they'd hoped for. And so when they think they don't get treated fairly some of them will freak out because I actually do have power over them. I mean I could ignore them, I could give them nothing, I could laugh in their face or just say "tough".
But if I talk patiently, kindly, usually they will come around and know I'm not "out to get them" or something.

• Like 8

If LL's intention is to be able to get rid of the old linden home continents, then they will be building new homes for quite awhile, and as the number of new homes built continues to increase, hopefully that will mean the current extreme shortage will lessen a little bit.  I have two friends waiting for the release of the trailers which I think Patch had said would be a bigger release than the several times a week region releases they're currently doing for the traditional homes and houseboats.   They both have annual memberships that they renewed in June, and they are both hopeful that they will be able to get new homes sometime before their memberships come up for renewal again.

We've seen comments from both Patch and from several of the Moles that LL is having discussions about various ways that the release process might be improved in the future.

I would encourage people to keep their premium memberships and not downgrade until the very end, if they do not want to renew.  It's very possible that at some point during the next year the process for being able to actually get a new home will be easier than it currently is, and that it will not involve any need to feel like one has to be refreshing the home page often in order to get a house.  There are supposed to be more themes coming out as well, so it's possible that one may like a new theme that first comes out in six months or so better than the three themes we currently know about. 

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Hey it is a customer telling them why they are unhappy with the account and why they cancel if they don't get what they want - the academics call that strange new phenomenon customer feedback. The Lab is free to deal with them however they want. However by bashing them you and your ilk anticipate a behavior by the Lab you seem fit for the situation... this might not actually be the reaction the Lab really would have shown. But now it is too late - the customer now for sure is lost thanks to a Forum's clique ganging up on them - Congratulations!

I agree with you.  Planning to leave SL premium membership is not a tantrum.  If the new homes is the primary reason for paying for SL membership and if they don't want to pay for something they don't have access to - it's perfectly reasonable to let the membership expire - meaning cancel the membership at the end of their agreed term.  @point Coage can always sign up when new homes are more readily available.  

The interesting thing here is that you're looking at this from LL's perspective.  I do wonder what LL thinks of these less than thoughtful responses to legitimate complaints.  Certainly the abrupt responses/careless responses are not what I would expect from a profit driven organization.  Then again, these users don't represent LL - so I won't hold the venom they spew against the lab.  

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I do wonder what LL thinks of these less than thoughtful responses to legitimate complaints.  Certainly the abrupt responses/careless responses are not what I would expect from a profit driven organization.  Then again, these users don't represent LL - so I won't hold the venom they spew against the lab.  

oh, most successful software startups have these embarrassing groupies who will brook no criticism and think all customers should be in a state of permanent grateful prostration before those who are so kind and generous as to bestow their wonderful product upon them. i imagine LL are used to this kind of nonsense by now, much as they are also used to the abuse.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, point Coage said:

if i dont get a lenden homei will cancle prem  all this try to get a lenden home is a joke

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just speaking for myself, but even if you decide to downgrade to basic membership, you are still welcome to visit our community and participate in events. I realize it is very frustrating to be stuck in a position where you are, essentially, homeless. Perhaps you could find a temporary rental while you wait? Please let me know if there is any way I can help.

• Like 7

I want a Traditional House and I want it Now!!! Every month that goes by without it is a month wasted on Premium Membership!!!  We should riot down the streets of Bellisseria (those of us without a Traditional or Houseboat whom wants one) chanting in Protest!!!>>>  

• "You broke your promise!!! I want my Houseboat Now!!!" 
  • "Stop jerking me around!!! Taking my Premium every month and not giving me that Traditional!!!" 
  •  "Stop jerking me around!!! Taking my real life money and giving me nothing in return but a headache!!!!"
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Managing expectations is probably LL's greatest failing, and sadly it tends to make actual anti customers who are outwardly antagonistic.

The pitch has always been "get premium, get a home", no t "get premium .. maybe get a home, in due course, if you're lucky". Compounded by needing to be homeless (and paying for the privilege) in order to even see if today is your lucky day.

I can only implore those who already have homes to show just a little empathy and patience. Of course people are frustrated and that frustration is what drives them to finally look up the forums. Yes this is going to be a recurring hot topic, with 60K premium accounts and only a tiny fraction being catered to, how could it not be.

If you can't be helpful or constructive, please just move on rather than venting your own frustration every single time someone new to the forums asks. T-bagging does not solve the problem.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

So I think we should try and ignore the power-tripping and respond in a way that would enable them to get some of their power back.

For example, we could explain how they really will eventually get what they want if they could be patient. Or tell them WHY they can't have it right now (that LL is not doing anything nefarious). Perhaps reason would prevail if approached in a kind way.

The problem, as to why some residents are responding as some perceive as nasty or snarky is that this has been explained on many occasions. On many threads. On many subforums. On various other individual complaints. In the community groups. In Local Chat in-world. I don't think the issue is that the information isn't being delivered; is that the information isn't being received.

There is a popular belief amongst many that purchasing a premium membership automatically guarantees a new house in Bellisseria, therefore they are entitled to their house right now. And many of these same posters have also expressed they are entitled to this home over others, even if they pay premium members too. They fail to understand that they are guaranteed a house, not necessarily a new one; just a premium house. That's the fine print people are overlooking. And when this information is pointed out to them they feel slighted and betrayed. Trying to argue emotion with reason is often futile; it's like trying to reason with a drunk. I don't insinuate these people are drunk, only that their emotions aren't allowing reason to permeate this belief that they want what they want because they want it right now. And we can argue this all day. Some people accept this. Some do not. Whether delivered kindly, patiently, thoughtfully, statistically, logically, reasonably or any other fashion, you cannot make someone believe what they don't want to believe, especially if they believe they are right.

FYI I also worked customer service for many, many years as have a lot of people, no doubt. You do see the best and worst of humanity, and learn that there is no one-size-fits-all approach in dealing with people in general. There is always an onus of responsibility as a company in trying to provide satisfactory customer service or support. There is also an onus of responsibility on the customer in presenting feedback. That old saying "the customer is always right" is wrong; we all screw things up from time to time, it doesn't matter if you are a business or individual. Maybe the complaints aren't unfounded, but the approach often is. Trying to deal with individual crises can be personally draining and overwhelming, especially if you deal with the same crises again and again. At what point do we stop trying to reason with our children as to why it's not safe to run in the house before we give in and let them discover the predictable outcome for themselves?

At the end of the day the fact remains we are all supposed to be adults here, and that suggests a level of maturity that would be expected of an adult, not a child. That goes for both the ones expressing their issues and the ones responding to them. It's a gross generalization to expect everyone matures at the same level, and everyone knows the difference between right and wrong. But knowing and consciously doing are two different things. Sometimes people just don't care; and no amount of kindness will change the situation. So while I do agree with you in theory, in practice... that's another matter.

EDIT: I was ranting this as @CoffeeDujour posted, so I didn't mean to repeat what was already said there. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit! *le gasp!*
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I don't think the issue is that the information isn't being delivered; is that the information isn't being received.

The fraction of the player-base all current forms of messaging reaches is going to be minuscule. Was at a house party the other day, someone asked to tp a friend in .. he hadn't heard of Belli.

Just wait till August and this place is bombed with people freaking out about this Tilia thing they had no idea was coming, and asking all the same basic questions. LL announcing things here and on the blogs is only slightly more visible than the plans to put a bypass though Arthur Dent's house.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.