NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Annielle Destiny "How about you get to work and let the rest of us have one of those homes too?"

Have you opened the map or been inworld to fly around Bellisseria to actually see just how MUCH work has been done? I check the map every day out of curiousity, and every day I see more and more showing up. They ARE working hard and yes, it takes time ... Rome was not built in a day. Yes, the homes are not being spit out off of a conveyor belt every other minute. Quantity is not better than quality. Not sure about you, but I don't want to pay premium prices for something that looks like a ***** hole. I'd much rather wait it out and get something well done, that I can be proud of and enjoy living in. 

Also, and this is not just directed to you. To anyone in here saying they are homeless .. you don't have to be homeless whatsoever, you are choosing to be homeless. Folks could rent a skybox for 50L a week, stay with a friend etc. There are literally hundreds of extremely cheap options that are convenient as far as having a temp home base to go too. And it can be done without having to get an old Linden home and worry about the time it takes to abandon.

I feel confident in saying that a HUGE number of us who have homes now, may have just gotten them this past week (myself included) ... ie: spending months of time, rl hours, trying and hoping to get a home. And yes, it is frustrating at times .. But this post of yours is unbelievably enitited and downright rude... You are not paying Linden/Mole salaries, so perhaps work on being less demanding of their time and show a wee bit of appreciation that this continent is even being constructed for us in the first place... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Annielle Destiny said:

Meanwhile I just love reading about all the stuff you have been doing to pamper the community within these new regions... How about you get to work and let the rest of us have one of those homes too? Abbandoned my old premium home months ago so I could go claim a new one... Still waiting for that to happen... Unbelievable...

Of course, it didn't take you long, to raise the monthly costs for my premium membership... Any chance I get what I'm paying fore soon?

Nothing I can say to this won't get me banned. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:

@Annielle Destiny "How about you get to work and let the rest of us have one of those homes too?"

Have you opened the map or been inworld to fly around Bellisseria to actually see just how MUCH work has been done? I check the map every day out of curiousity, and every day I see more and more showing up. They ARE working hard and yes, it takes time ... Rome was not built in a day. Yes, the homes are not being spit out off of a conveyor belt every other minute. Quantity is not better than quality. Not sure about you, but I don't want to pay premium prices for something that looks like a ***** hole. I'd much rather wait it out and get something well done, that I can be proud of and enjoy living in. 

Also, and this is not just directed to you. To anyone in here saying they are homeless .. you don't have to be homeless whatsoever, you are choosing to be homeless. Folks could rent a skybox for 50L a week, stay with a friend etc. There are literally hundreds of extremely cheap options that are convenient as far as having a temp home base to go too. And it can be done without having to get an old Linden home and worry about the time it takes to abandon.

I feel confident in saying that a HUGE number of us who have homes now, may have just gotten them this past week (myself included) ... ie: spending months of time, rl hours, trying and hoping to get a home. And yes, it is frustrating at times .. But this post of yours is unbelievably enitited and downright rude... You are not paying Linden/Mole salaries, so perhaps work on being less demanding of their time and show a wee bit of appreciation that this continent is even being constructed for us in the first place... 

I'm pretty sure she wasn't meaning to be rude shes just venting her frustration! We all know what a good job there doing !

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 6:35 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's been posted in multiple threads already, and referenced in the inworld groups.  I'm pretty sure most folks, especially those using the auto-refresh, know about it now.

:)

This is the first I saw it. This was the thread showing with the most recent post, so it's what I started with. In my opinion, this information is important enough to be worth posting in all of the threads.

Thanks @Alwin Alcott, it's useful to me. I was just getting ready to settle in for some more refreshing.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annielle Destiny said:

Am doing whatever I can to keep LL on their toes. As a paying customer. I really do not see the issue with that. :)

You really don't see the issue with telling someone, anyone, to "get back to work"? 

You're one of those people who really enjoys making servers and cashiers cry, aren't you? And every time you demand to speak to the manager you begin with "As a paying customer..."

If you're unable to see how that is rude, nothing I say will change your mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You really don't see the issue with telling someone, anyone, to "get back to work"? 

You're one of those people who really enjoys making servers and cashiers cry, aren't you? And every time you demand to speak to the manager you begin with "As a paying customer..."

No I do not see the issue with that, and I also dunno how that auto refresh stuff works as I am not all that tech savy. And I think it's very wrong that someone who has been premium member a week for all I know ?? can abuse that to get ahead, while 7 years or longer loyal premium members are stuck waiting. I do not think that's fair, and I will speak up my mind, and I hope LL pay attention.

Edited by Annielle Destiny
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Due to the popularity of the Bellisseria continent with the Traditional and Houseboat options, we have implemented a refresh limit on the home selection page to help reduce server load.

If running a browser plug-in or using a feature built into your browser, please set your refresh configuration to the following:

• 10 Page loads per 10 Minute period

Which means that you can exhaust those 10 page loads in the first minute, but will have to wait an additional 9 minutes before you can see the inventory page again."

The above is the message I got.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

The clarity of your posts is sometimes eery. :) Time and again, you demonstrate an uncanny ability to call ppl on their BS. Kudos to you! 🤗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I kinda want a refund for my premium annual subscription. They pocketed my money and I am still homeless. I don't want a crappy old home. I don't want to live in ugly mainland. We were shown new houses, now give it to us! Or at least compensate those who have been waiting. This is such utter cr@p. And to the person who said I was given a "product" aka premium subscription. Premium Subscription is cr@p except for New Homes.

Edited by Tasar Ochs
  • Like 1

Personally, I think the folks complaining should just be ignored and let them complain away.  

Part of their enjoyment is the response from the folks that try to counter them.

Let them commiserate with each other and feel good about it. 

They will not listen to anything said by anyone that does not totally agree with them.

I'm pretty sure that most of the Lindens and Moles have stopped reading this particular thread anyway.  I sure as heck would, if I was them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tasar Ochs said:

I kinda want a refund for my premium annual subscription. They pocketed my money and I am still homeless. I don't want a crappy old home. I don't want to live in ugly mainland. We were shown new houses, now give it to us! Or at least compensate those who have been waiting. This is such utter cr@p. And to the person who said I was given a "product" aka premium subscription. Premium Subscription is cr@p except for New Homes.

I am sorry you feel that all the other benefits to being a Premium member are not of any value to you.  I don't agree but to each their own. 

Good news!  Patch has very plainly said to anyone who feels this way that they can call support, downgrade their membership and get a refund. You should go immediately and do that if you feel this strongly. As should anyone who feels they have paid for something and not gotten the value to which they *thought* they were entitled. 

There is no need to be "homeless", though i really hate using that term because homelessness is an actual, very complex issue and this issue is simple.  Vote with your wallet.  I challenge you and everyone one else who is unsatisfied to put your money where your mouth, or keyboard is, and have the courage of your convictions.  Down grade, get a refund, no more housing stress, no more casting aspersions on the forums. Simple.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

24 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

Good news!  Patch has very plainly said to anyone who feels this way that they can call support, downgrade their membership and get a refund.

You don't by chance have a link to that info? Would be a nice gesture by the Lab indeed.

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

You don't by chance have a link to that info? Would be a nice gesture by the Lab indeed.

He said it in either Bellisseria community in world or Bellisseria citizen in world.  Someone was disgruntled and complaining and he piped up and mentioned it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

Vote with your wallet.  I challenge you and everyone one else who is unsatisfied to put your money where your mouth, or keyboard is, and have the courage of your convictions.  Down grade, get a refund, no more housing stress, no more casting aspersions on the forums. Simple.

this is an excellent idea. complaining won't get you your home any faster. if, however, people start cancelling their premium memberships on the basis that they're getting a second-tier service, it may motivate LL to make some concessions to those who can't currently get a free 1024; whether that's offering two old linden homes per avatar, or offering a temporary discount on abandoned mainland, or any of the other suggestions which have been made.

(i doubt it, but at least you'd be saving money in the meantime.)

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

more likely they get so sick by all te whiners they have enough of it.

A company would not care about such things as hurt feelings - they are not certain forumites - more likely it is the following reasoning: A happy refunded almost customer has a much higher chance to become a customer again once sufficient homes are released than the chance of a disgruntled customer is to stay in their subscription as long or to return.

Edited by Fionalein

8 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Refunds on yearly subscriptions?

My point was this.  People act like they are somehow prisoners in some weird premium nightmare.  They whine and whinge and wail and scream and fight and are horribly rude to the Lindens and moles  and each other.  So much so that people are closing chats and/or leaving in world groups because they are tired of being bombarded with negativity and derogatory commentary.  There is no need for that.

If you are unhappy...unsubscribe. 

I honestly doubt that very many people at all are going to do it.  People love to complain but they rarely want to actually take any action to mitigate the situation. Like using a small portion of their monthly stipend to rent a skybox so they don't have to be "homeless" or finding a spot on the mainland and paying no tier or taking an older home until the newer ones are less scarce.

I am not organizing a protest I think premium is great value and i have thought that for going on 7 yrs and dang near all of that was spent in an older LH.  I'm saying if you are this enraged, that you find yourself verbally attacking LL who makes the product you are obviously so desperate for and alienating your potential neighbors...maybe it's time to put up or shut up...cancel your membership if you feel that strongly.  There is nothing keeping you here but the need to continue ranting and that is not in short supply.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

more likely they get so sick by all te whiners complaining they have enough of it.

exactly this.  That was my point.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.