Jump to content
LakotaBlue Tuqiri

NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Well I guess I am back here as the thread I created was derailed and subsequently closed

ok, where is my houseboat!!!!   hehe

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

More new houseboats and homes have been added down south of SSPE185.

New SSP_003.jpg

New SSP_002.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only bought premium for the new house on an alt - this account is basic. I paid and I didn't get a product. I feel that's unfair. It's been over a month and I have nothing to show for it. 

Imo people who get a new home shouldn't be allowed to dump it and try again for at least a month - that way the only ppl trying to get new homes would be ones who haven't had a chance yet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally saw one come up today on auto-refresh -around 4:50 pm EST. Since it was the first time I'd seen one, I fumbled around and didn't go through the process quickly enough. It was gone by the time I had clicked the checkbox.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 4:09 PM, BelleBax said:

This is a good point and this seems the perfect place to make it.  It does seem a bit irksome to think new homes are snapped up and then not used.  So I understand your feeling here. 

No one is obligated to do anything with their linden home, but it's interesting that anyone would go through the trouble of getting one and do nothing with it.  There are likely lots and lots of reasons people do this, one of which is they just want the new homes because they're in demand.  Human nature is an interesting thing and the maybe linden home release reveals a lot about our characters.

How do you know they are not being used.  Maybe some folks are using their home for changing clothes and just don't currently feel the need to decorate just for that.  Or, like one gal I met, she doesn't like most of the freebie furniture stuff she has come across, so she is saving her stipends up to buy furniture for her home.  In the mean time, she does use the home to open packages and to change clothes and play with her shape and try on skins, etc..... I met another one that, due to RL stuff, gets to log into SL for approx. 2 hours every week, so I'm not sure if she's done much decorating / furnishing yet in the 3 or 4 weeks that she's had her home.  However, all those people paid for their membership and thus have just as much a right to a home as any other Premium member -- regardless of whether or not they are using it in a way that is acceptable to everyone else.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How do you know they are not being used.  Maybe some folks are using their home for changing clothes and just don't currently feel the need to decorate just for that.  Or, like one gal I met, she doesn't like most of the freebie furniture stuff she has come across, so she is saving her stipends up to buy furniture for her home.  In the mean time, she does use the home to open packages and to change clothes and play with her shape and try on skins, etc..... I met another one that, due to RL stuff, gets to log into SL for approx. 2 hours every week, so I'm not sure if she's done much decorating / furnishing yet in the 3 or 4 weeks that she's had her home.  However, all those people paid for their membership and thus have just as much a right to a home as any other Premium member -- regardless of whether or not they are using it in a way that is acceptable to everyone else.

 

How do YOU know that all the new linden homes are being used?  You don't.  There are lots of reasons why people might get a home and not use them.  And - as I clearly said - people have no obligation to do anything with their homes. 

So - in a thread where we're venting about not having access to new linden homes ...when I was empathizing with someone who felt a certain way ...why would you decide to challenge us on a concept that you can't prove is invalid?  Our feelings are valid - there's no point in trying to invalidate them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

Our feelings are valid - there's no point in trying to invalidate them.  

Your feelings are not valid because there are bigger problems like cancer. This was established in another thread.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Your feelings are not valid because there are bigger problems like cancer. This was established in another thread.

If you think I'm suggesting that not having a new linden home is akin to problems like cancer - or comparable in any way to the insidious disease  - I feel sad for you.  I hope, instead, I'm misunderstanding you because I know all too well what cancer means - this is no place for making light of it and I'm sure that could not have been your intention. 

Edited by BelleBax
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BelleBax said:
20 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Your feelings are not valid because there are bigger problems like cancer. This was established in another thread.

If you think I'm suggesting that not having a new linden home is akin to problems like cancer - or comparable in any way to the insidious disease  - I feel sad for you.  I hope, instead, I'm misunderstanding you because I know all too well what cancer means - this is no place for making light of it. 

I'm on your side. It was others who said people were getting too upset about not getting a home and that we needed to be reminded of bigger problems like cancer and people living in horrific poverty to keep a better perspective of what REAL problems are. But  I believe you are entitled to be upset about not getting what you paid for. I've only seen one or two get overly upset, and even then who am I to decide what overly upset is you know?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

So - in a thread where we're venting about not having access to new linden homes ...when I was empathizing with someone who felt a certain way ...why would you decide to challenge us on a concept that you can't prove is invalid?  Our feelings are valid - there's no point in trying to invalidate them.  

The below part of your statement is not about feelings that need to be validated.  They are simply statements made in a forum, thus open for discussion and comment:

Quote

it's interesting that anyone would go through the trouble of getting one and do nothing with it.  There are likely lots and lots of reasons people do this, one of which is they just want the new homes because they're in demand.  Human nature is an interesting thing and the maybe linden home release reveals a lot about our characters.

 

If you can make the statements without being able to prove they are valid, I can counter it without needing proof that my counter is applicable to all situations.

 

Just because someone comments on something someone said, without commiserating or gushing all sorts of agreement , does not mean that feelings are being invalidated - especially if the things being commented on are not 'feelings'.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tasar Ochs said:

I only bought premium for the new house .... I paid and I didn't get a product.

i'm pretty sure you did get the product you bought .. because it's not buying a house, but a premium subscription.
You got everything whats included in that.
The only thing is aren't able to get what's not, or very rare, available. But there are excellent other options.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

But there are excellent other options.

The mainland blight and the tenement houses stuffed together on sims are not excellent options. I want a Belli House and garden!!!    

Edited by Sequoia Sojourner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The below part of your statement is not about feelings that need to be validated.  They are simply statements made in a forum, thus open for discussion and comment:

 

If you can make the statements without being able to prove they are valid, I can counter it without needing proof that my counter is applicable to all situations.

 

Just because someone comments on something someone said, without commiserating or gushing all sorts of agreement , does not mean that feelings are being invalidated - especially if the things being commented on are not 'feelings'.

I haven't asked you not to comment or to agree. I pointed out a fact and asked your purpose. You don't have to have one...but asking is part if the discourse.  You didn't answer my question. So I'm left with my initial understanding. To me, you are suggesting we shouldn't feel a certain way because you know two people who are doing x, y, z. If that's not your intentionion, please clarify.

 If you want to talk about why people aren't decorating their new linden homes...that's your prerogative. And it is my perogative to point out the useful or uselessness of doing so as it pertains to my point, the point of the poster I was responding to, and the original poster's stated intentions of this thread.

To the topic of the thread...it sucks that some people who got linden homes aren't decorating them even though it's entirely within their rights not to. It sucks just like it does when someone wins millions in the lottery and are bankrupt three years later...because I believe I could have used the money more wisely. Yes, there are great reasons not to decorate. No, no one has to explain their choices to anyone here. But I, for one, understand why people without access to the new Linden homes thinks this is unfortunate. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I'm on your side. It was others who said people were getting too upset about not getting a home and that we needed to be reminded of bigger problems like cancer and people living in horrific poverty to keep a better perspective of what REAL problems are. But  I believe you are entitled to be upset about not getting what you paid for. I've only seen one or two get overly upset, and even then who am I to decide what overly upset is you know?

Ahh..thank you for clearing this up for me.

Whoever's said that on the other thread is one to pity. It's a point made by someone who has nothing meaningful to contribute to the discussion and wants to shut it down.  So they say...stop complaining because there are worse things in the world. That would be like me saying, stop enjoying your new linden homes because people are starving, suffering, dying...its not reasonable in either direction.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still trying guys 😭😭😭.. When I do get one I will dance and party so hard!! Was anyone able to grab one on Monday and Wednesday..if you did, I'm so happy for you💖💖

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

b0bc166483aaa008d3e78e3ed6ada4f9.png

It's been posted in multiple threads already, and referenced in the inworld groups.  I'm pretty sure most folks, especially those using the auto-refresh, know about it now.

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

  I'm pretty sure most folks, especially those using the auto-refresh, know about it now.

:)

if you look at several post above this one (posted long after the announcement) and other threads, they clearly don't know it.. but thats not surprising we seen that "some"don't read a lot about usefull information.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After some years of paying regular tier i hate it to have to play this raffle again. Like bidding. Its disappointing. Like the coming Tilia payment.

I suggested them to move their company to a commonwealth country. Except Canada. And the servers to India. Cheaper, smarter, easier.

And the falcons in Washington want touch you. Guaranteed. At some point its time to go. Period. Don't quote me. I want respond.

 

1127862732.jpg.0.jpg

Edited by Monday Avril
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am beyond dissapointed myself with how Linden Lab is handling this. I keep seeing all this hype about new homes, and yet I cannot get one. I've been a premium member since 2012 !!! And I have been sat here patiently for months now waiting for a new updated premium home. Meanwhile I just love reading about all the stuff you have been doing to pamper the community within these new regions... How about you get to work and let the rest of us have one of those homes too? Abbandoned my old premium home months ago so I could go claim a new one... Still waiting for that to happen... Unbelievable...

Of course, it didn't take you long, to raise the monthly costs for my premium membership... Any chance I get what I'm paying fore soon?

Edited by Annielle Destiny
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 7:48 AM, Emily Seorn said:

i love being homeless its just so fantastic 

I know right... You'd think 7 years of premium membership meant something, but apparently not... I enjoy the raised costs of my premium membership however.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BelleBax said:
On 7/9/2019 at 11:52 PM, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I'm on your side. It was others who said people were getting too upset about not getting a home and that we needed to be reminded of bigger problems like cancer and people living in horrific poverty to keep a better perspective of what REAL problems are. But  I believe you are entitled to be upset about not getting what you paid for. I've only seen one or two get overly upset, and even then who am I to decide what overly upset is you know?

Ahh..thank you for clearing this up for me.

Whoever's said that on the other thread is one to pity. It's a point made by someone who has nothing meaningful to contribute to the discussion and wants to shut it down.  So they say...stop complaining because there are worse things in the world. That would be like me saying, stop enjoying your new linden homes because people are starving, suffering, dying...its not reasonable in either direction.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you'd read some other threads which were the source of my sarcastic post.
Yeah going to tell my partner coming back from a hard day at work and complaining about it that they should not complain because some people work two jobs. That will go over well, and I see myself on the sofa that night!
The way to handle someone who has lost perspective is to realize they're probably tired or stressed (kids too) and so offer them something pleasurable (cup o tea or water) and suggest going for a walk or taking a nap.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...