NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can they at least start giving us times of day like even the vague morning/night? It would help us be able to know so some of us could have a better chance at getting them. I just think that if they released more than a mere 25 houses a day on a single region when there's thousands of people trying every day, then a lot of us wouldn't get frustrated or end up wanting to cancel our premium because we genuinely feel ripped off by LL right about now.... or at least improve some of the other premium features to make the wait more sustainable... like increase weekly stipend or something... 

• Thanks 1

Because in all reality, this refresh time out page is getting ridiculous. Time outs are for children, not for adults who are having to fight other adults for a house on here because there simply 'Isn't enough to go around' due to the fact of they are releasing them in such small batches when they could wait and do bigger batches every month or two and have many more people all obtain houses at once instead... but that's just my opinion and me venting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Can they at least start giving us times of day like even the vague morning/night? It would help us be able to know so some of us could have a better chance at getting them. I just think that if they released more than a mere 25 houses a day on a single region when there's thousands of people trying every day, then a lot of us wouldn't get frustrated or end up wanting to cancel our premium because we genuinely feel ripped off by LL right about now.... or at least improve some of the other premium features to make the wait more sustainable... like increase weekly stipend or something... 

I can't blame them if they are going more silent on the releases. The negativity has gotten so nasty from some premium members, when they have an idea of when a region release is about to happen.  I noticed it wasn't as bad today, though there were still some spewing unhappiness in the groups.

They are doing around 75 homes released in a weeks time.  Also, keep in mind that a very large release is pending to happen towards the end of summer. Most likely in August sometime that will have the new theme 'campers/trailers' and its almost a given there will be abandoned Traditional homes and Houseboats in that lot.  Try to keep positive and look forward to knowing that a few more weeks away, there will be that stress relief of a large release and you won't have to be frustrated on the refresh of the page or if something will be there in 10 more seconds. That release should afford premium members a good 12-24 hours before the new homes are gone.  I'd wager there will be 700+ new homes at that time. Yes many smaller, but not all and who's to say that Patch won't release a few brand new Traditional house and Houseboats in that big batch?  

Keep it positive, so the venting doesn't feel like of a down beat at the end of the day.  Also good to have something to look forward to.  ;)

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, point Coage said:

if i dont get a lenden homei will cancle prem  all this try to get a lenden home is a joke

Your previous thread was merged with the one I've linked to below, and people replied to you there. This thread will also probably get moved there, and then people will wonder what I'm talking about, but that's how it goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I can't blame them if they are going more silent on the releases. The negativity has gotten so nasty from some premium members, when they have an idea of when a region release is about to happen.  I noticed it wasn't as bad today, though there were still some spewing unhappiness in the groups.

They are doing around 75 homes released in a weeks time.  Also, keep in mind that a very large release is pending to happen towards the end of summer. Most likely in August sometime that will have the new theme 'campers/trailers' and its almost a given there will be abandoned Traditional homes and Houseboats in that lot.  Try to keep positive and look forward to knowing that a few more weeks away, there will be that stress relief of a large release and you won't have to be frustrated on the refresh of the page or if something will be there in 10 more seconds. That release should afford premium members a good 12-24 hours before the new homes are gone.  I'd wager there will be 700+ new homes at that time. Yes many smaller, but not all and who's to say that Patch won't release a few brand new Traditional house and Houseboats in that big batch?  

Keep it positive, so the venting feel like of a down beat at the end of the day.  Also good to have something to look forward to.  ;)

I disagree about keeping it positive.  Sometimes it helps people to voice their complaints about an issue and hear from others who are dealing with the same struggles.  That's what is happening here - and there's no reason they should not continue.  

The information you provide about upcoming releases is encouraging - assuming your intel is reliable, it does provide for possible light at the end of the tunnel.  It might be worth considering to stop telling people how to be/feel/think and just share whatever information and encouragement you have.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I disagree about keeping it positive.  Sometimes it helps people to voice their complaints about an issue and hear from others who are dealing with the same struggles.  That's what is happening here - and there's no reason they should not continue.  

The information you provide about upcoming releases is encouraging - assuming your intel is reliable, it does provide for possible light at the end of the tunnel.  It might be worth considering to stop telling people how to be/feel/think and just share whatever information and encouragement you have.  

My information is based on what I have read in interviews or heard at meetings from Patch Linden about the upcoming release. 

As for giving my own opinion on behavior. Its just that, my opinion.  Whether anyone chooses to follow it is up to them.  There are positive ways to vent and negative ways to vent.  Yes, talking about one's frustration is a good outlet and this tread allows that.  I know what worked for me and helped me not feel stressed about getting or not getting a house. That was humor and attitude.  But we are all individuals and react to things very differently.  ;)

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

I wish we could just order a house or houseboat. A percentage of new releases could be for filling orders, and the rest could be up for grabs. There could be limits on orders, no choice of location, and a waiting period. In my scenario there would be two ways to get a house: fight for it and possibly get it now or wait for a sure thing. I'm not angry, just trying to think of a less frustrating way to do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Incunable Sorbet said:

There could be limits on orders, no choice of location, and a waiting period.

You can calculate the waiting period once you know the numbers of your competitors... with about 75 houses a week that will be about 300 per month or about 3500 a year...

Now lets say we have 7000 possibly interested folks - that would make 2 years - half life of the homelessness time would be 1 year then - that is after one year you have a 50% chance of being not homeless any more...*

*given the estimated numbers and assuming every one is as fast in registering - thus giving everyone an equal chance,... 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

My information is based on what I have read in interviews or heard at meetings from Patch Linden about the upcoming release. 

As for giving my own opinion on behavior. Its just that, my opinion.  Whether anyone chooses to follow it is up to them.  There are positive ways to vent and negative ways to vent.  Yes, talking about one's frustration is a good outlet and this tread allows that.  I know what worked for me and helped me not feel stressed about getting or not getting a house. That was humor and attitude.  But we are all individuals and react to things very differently.  ;)

I recognize and opinion when I read one.  I even enjoy them.  But you said "keep it positive".  That's not an opinion.  That's what reacted to.  I also said I appreciate your information - and again, I appreciate hearing where you learned your facts.  It's super helpful to hear what might have helped someone else cope with the stress of this crazy release process - especially if they can acknowledge how many of us can view it as unfair.  But I, for one, don't like being told how to be - so I suggested that you consider tweaking your message a little for this venting thread audience - that's just my opinion.  

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

You can calculate the waiting period... with about 75 houses a week that will be about 300 per month or about 3500 a year...

I'd really like to see LL's project plan - because you're right, and those numbers mean a LOT of members are going to be under-served.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I recognize and opinion when I read one.  I even enjoy them.  But you said "keep it positive".  That's not an opinion.  That's what reacted to.  I also said I appreciate your information - and again, I appreciate hearing where you learned your facts.  It's super helpful to hear what might have helped someone else cope with the stress of this crazy release process - especially if they can acknowledge how many of us can view it as unfair.  But I, for one, don't like being told how to be - so I suggested that you consider tweaking your message a little for this venting thread audience - that's just my opinion.  

Try to keep positive and look forward to knowing that a few more weeks away, there will be that stress relief of a large release and you won't have to be frustrated on the refresh of the page or if something will be there in 10 more seconds. That release should afford premium members a good 12-24 hours before the new homes are gone.  I'd wager there will be 700+ new homes at that time. Yes many smaller, but not all and who's to say that Patch won't release a few brand new Traditional house and Houseboats in that big batch?  

Keep it positive, so the venting doesn't feel like of a down beat at the end of the day.  Also good to have something to look forward to.  ;)

Actually I was merely reiterating what I had said earlier in my post. 'try' as in a suggestion. I left the try off on the latter part, for reasons to hopefully let a positive sink in rather than a negative.  If you perceived that I was telling you want you should do, perhaps someone is over-reading words in a sentence?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Try to keep positive and look forward to knowing that a few more weeks away, there will be that stress relief of a large release and you won't have to be frustrated on the refresh of the page or if something will be there in 10 more seconds. That release should afford premium members a good 12-24 hours before the new homes are gone.  I'd wager there will be 700+ new homes at that time. Yes many smaller, but not all and who's to say that Patch won't release a few brand new Traditional house and Houseboats in that big batch?  

Actually I was merely reiterating what I had said earlier in my post. 'try' as in a suggestion. I left the try off on the latter part, for reasons to hopefully let a positive sink in rather than a negative.  If you perceived that I was telling you want you should do, perhaps someone is over-reading words in a sentence?

Or... perhaps someone doesn't know how to express an opinion.  Both "Keep it positive" and "Try to keep it positive" are instructive.  

Really, I'm not intentionally giving you a hard time - I agree with most of what you said.  There's just been a lot of people telling folks who are venting how to act and how to handle their frustrations.  I don't believe you're trying to do the same.

I have been avoiding this whole have/have not controversy as best I can, while refreshing my heart out whenever I have the time to sit and devote to it.  A couple things stick out to me which I haven't seen addressed in any of the threads I read:

1. Those saying you are promised a Linden house, but not a Belli house, therefore stop complaining are aggravating me. Yes, you are promised a house and there are old style houses available. But trying to imply that an old style house in desolate or crappy looking regions that have what, half the prim count to personalize it? is the same as a new house, increased prims, pretty region and revitalized community is crap.  There is definitely a higher user value on the new houses. Why would anyone, especially someone who specifically paid for a membership in order to obtain one, be happy settling for remaining homeless in order to have a chance at a new house or having to accept a lesser deal by accepting the older houses in hopes of there "someday" being enough new houses (and attendant perks) from the Lindens?  It feels almost like a bait and switch to me - LL gets the same money for the memberships while providing distinctly different deals to the members.

2. Information on the housing situation (among other things) is not being rolled out in a good way to SL users. How many people actually read the forums? How many  people actually belong to the groups where information is being released (or for that matter, know which groups ARE the groups where information is being rolled out)? I peruse the forums at least once or twice a month on average which probably puts me ahead of a lot of SL folk, but I don't own land so I have never before had a reason to read the Land forum posts.  Who knew there was more here than just landowner information? First I heard about the new homes was in May. I gave up my old LL home then and have been trying to land one of the new houses ever since. (To date, I have seen *one* come up on my page in all that time, and by the time I got to the 2nd page, it was gone.)

Its easy to say the information is out there, but how many casual users who log in a couple hours a week or so even know where to look?  How hard would it be for LL to send notices to ALL users when its something major that will impact a lot of users.  I think I read somewhere in this thread there are around 60K premium members.  A mass email to premium members about perk changes or things like the Tilia changes would be easy for LL to do and a way to ensure people receive the information. Want to reach everyone, not just the premium folks? Put the information in a screen you need to click to log in, same as they do with TOS changes.  Sure, some folks will just click through, but the information will reach many more folks that way.

3. Finally, this time out system sucks. I get why it's necessary and no one wants to be causing the servers to crash out, but it is making it next to impossible to even try for the few homes being released each week.  I have yet to have a full 10 attempts without being told I hit my limit after the 4th or 5th try, or when refreshing after the 10 min limit, up pops time out screen again.  There have been times I get pulled away from the keyboard and a half hour or more lapses -only to come back, hit refresh and immediately get the same time out screen.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a viable alternative, so for now - just have to suck it up and keep trying.

Whew. /end vent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BelleBax said:

Or... perhaps someone doesn't know how to express an opinion.  Both "Keep it positive" and "Try to keep it positive" are instructive.  

Really, I'm not intentionally giving you a hard time - I agree with most of what you said.  There's just been a lot of people telling folks who are venting how to act and how to handle their frustrations.  I don't believe you're trying to do the same.

No, I'm not and yes, I do know how to give an opinion.  Was this post about opinions or venting, or venting opinions or opinions about how to vent?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PrudenceAnton said:

No, I'm not and yes, I do know how to give an opinion.  Was this post about opinions or venting, or venting opinions or opinions about how to vent?

My post was as elementary as I could make it.  Either you get it or you don't.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

4 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

My post was as elementary as I could make it.  Either you get it or you don't.  

That was humor, either you have it or you don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.