NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I'll let her defend herself if she feels the need to - but I will say this... I've seen others suggest that people here are "throwing tantrums" when suggesting they will cancel their premium memberships if they don't get a new linden home.  I do not see this as tantrum throwing at all.  It is ENTIRELY reasonable to not pay for a service if you are not satisfied.  If this user was not satisfied with what she received and opted to try again for something she would like - again, I find no fault with that.  I don't believe LL promised anyone a new linden home - and I don't believe anyone promised to remain a SL premium member no matter what.  

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I have nothing to say to those that just wish to bash me, and besides I'm not the only one upset about it, I'm just the one they are gonna call out by name because nobody likes my opinion, everybody just thinks I'm hostile because I'm blunt, I guess. 🤷‍♀️ As for the Lindens/Moles - I am NOT bashing them in any way shape or form.... I just wish they would have thought their plan through a little deeper when it comes to releases or to put a refresh time out on people. Honestly, the spam refreshing was more fair, because when I was able to get a home, that's the way i was able to do it.  Now that they've introduced this "Refresh time out system" I get locked out for even simply trying the moment that the houses even release. And I'm not the only one who is contemplating cancelling my premium membership, I'm certain that others have also debated it or already done so. Yes we do have the old houses as an option but when they first released the preview of the linden homes at the home and garden expo, they should have known with the overhaul with the new homes that since they are far more appealing now, that there would be high demand for them. I honestly think they should've waited a bit longer than just a few months before starting to release them, I would have personally much rather waited even longer if they had had far more many ready to release so there wouldn't be nearly as much of - if at all a gamble to even try and obtain one. And like I said in a previous post, for those of us are who are still waiting, why not improve some of the other perks of premium to make it at least a little more bearable during the new linden home lotto game? Like for example, I mentioned perhaps upping the weekly stipend. Because frankly, 300L maybe gets you one item at one of those magical events that premium members get priority access to, and it doesn't go very far once you do... considering your average clothing item costs about 250L  (Referencing a Blueberry price as an example.) Or make the stipend a bit higher so those who don't have a home could possibly rent out something until they are able to obtain a home.

Look y'all, I'm not trying to fight, I'm merely venting like the rest of you and waiting it out as well, So what if we get a little frustrated? Nobody is going to be completely happy with the new home gamble, just let us vent if we want to, that's what the name of this thread is, right? 🤷‍♀️ So what if my approach is a little more abrasive than others, not everybody is a super peaceful happy go lucky hippie type of person. 

Edited by AlyceAdrift
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Try to keep positive and look forward to knowing that a few more weeks away, there will be that stress relief of a large release and you won't have to be frustrated on the refresh of the page or if something will be there in 10 more seconds. That release should afford premium members a good 12-24 hours before the new homes are gone.  I'd wager there will be 700+ new homes at that time. Yes many smaller, but not all and who's to say that Patch won't release a few brand new Traditional house and Houseboats in that big batch?  

Keep it positive, so the venting doesn't feel like of a down beat at the end of the day.  Also good to have something to look forward to.  ;)

Actually I was merely reiterating what I had said earlier in my post. 'try' as in a suggestion. I left the try off on the latter part, for reasons to hopefully let a positive sink in rather than a negative.  If you perceived that I was telling you want you should do, perhaps someone is over-reading words in a sentence?

One can only imagine the kind of pervasive negativity that must go on in some ppl's heads, when even a friendly suggestion to keep things positive 'can and will be used against you.' Sigh.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I have nothing to say to those that just wish to bash me, and besides I'm not the only one upset about it, I just wish they would have thought their plan through a little deeper when it comes to releases or to put a refresh time out on people. Honestly, the spam refreshing was more fair, because when I was able to get a home, that's the way i was able to do it.  Now that they've introduced this "Refresh time out system" I get locked out for even simply trying the moment that the houses even release. And I'm not the only one who is contemplating cancelling my premium membership, I'm certain that others have also debated it or already done so. Yes we do have the old houses as an option but when they first released the preview of the linden homes at the home and garden expo, they should have known with the overhaul with the new homes that since they are far more appealing now, that there would be high demand for them. I honestly think they should've waited a bit longer than just a few months before starting to release them, I would have personally much rather waited even longer if they had had far more many ready to release so there wouldn't be nearly as much of - if at all a gamble to even try and obtain one. And like I said in a previous post, for those of us are who are still waiting, why not improve some of the other perks of premium to make it at least a little more bearable during the new linden home lotto game? Like for example, I mentioned perhaps upping the weekly stipend. Because frankly, 300L maybe gets you one item at one of those magical events that premium members get priority access to, and it doesn't go very far once you do... considering your average clothing item costs about 250L  (Referencing a Blueberry price as an example.) Or make the stipend a bit higher so those who don't have a home could possibly rent out something until they are able to obtain a home.

Look y'all, I'm not trying to fight, I'm merely venting like the rest of you and waiting it out as well, So what if we get a little frustrated? Nobody is going to be completely happy with the new home gamble, just let us vent if we want to, that's what the name of this thread is, right? 🤷‍♀️ So what if my approach is a little more abrasive than others, not everybody is a super peaceful happy go lucky hippie type of person. 

That's an interesting suggestion - one I haven't heard before.  Maybe LL should consider offering an additional stipend to those who are waiting longer than expected for new homes due to the high demand.   Even a small increase while you wait would be a nice gesture.  There are pitfalls here - because not all premium members WANT a linden home.  Maybe LL could offer either a stipend or a home.  I'm sure these options might be provocative - and I certainly haven't thought this through beyond reviewing your message.  However, I applaud all new ideas that might ease the frustration of this release process.  I look forward to hearing what others think of it ...both the pros and the cons.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

One can only imagine the kind of pervasive negativity that must go on in some ppl's heads, when even a friendly suggestion to keep things positive 'can and will be used against you.' Sigh.

Oh - it's a friendly suggestion now.  Okay.  My head and I are in good standing - but imagine the worst if it appeals to you.

• Thanks 1

I was thinking about going premium for the first time. Looked at the linden homes and think they are adorable. A lot of people come up with amazing ideas for these homes. I love them and want one super bad. But I am not going to go premium right now and just sit and wait weeks possibly months for a linden home. That's a waste of my money. I wouldn't really be getting my moneys worth. Ill just have to wait because I see so many people who are premium losing their minds trying and trying to get a home. Hope these "moles" drink some red bull and get some wings :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

They call that bad thing culture. Suggested read: Huxley, Brave New World

...people really hate being told how to feel...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this has been suggested before, or if it is even feasible.  I wonder if the lindens could open a quasi sandbox, by opening a few duplicated Bellisseria regions, this way the people waiting for their homes have a place to decorate them, and even set up a rez box for when they do get their homes so they can save their work for a later time.  I know it would not be the same as owning a parcel of land in Bellisseria, but it would give them an opportunity to play around with a few ideas and not feel like they are missing out as much.  

Like I said, I don't know how feasible it would be.  I am uncertain how much work would be involved, and what exactly would be needed to accomplish such a thing.

Until then, I would suggest getting some of the creative energy out, via renting on the mainland.  There are a lot of good deals out there, and it really is fun having your own place to build.  I even rent land, because Bellisseria is not enough to fill my building needs, you see I have turned into quite the building fiend 😁  

Edited by WillowTenage
Typical Willow mistakes were made
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

That's an interesting suggestion - one I haven't heard before.  Maybe LL should consider offering an additional stipend to those who are waiting longer than expected for new homes due to the high demand.   Even a small increase while you wait would be a nice gesture.  There are pitfalls here - because not all premium members WANT a linden home.  Maybe LL could offer either a stipend or a home.  I'm sure these options might be provocative - and I certainly haven't thought this through beyond reviewing your message.  However, I applaud all new ideas that might ease the frustration of this release process.  I look forward to hearing what others think of it ...both the pros and the cons.

They'd have to make a whole new system to tell who has a new home and who doesn't, which could well end up taking longer than it would to make the required houses. A workaround is not to worry about who is who and just give everyone an increased stipend for six months (or something like that). I could see that also smoothing concerns about premium increases and such, as it'd give everyone more reserves.

This is a bit like how the winter fuel allowance works in the UK. They don't means test it, because the resources to do that would cost more than just paying everyone over a certain age the fuel allowance. Sometimes the simple method works the best.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

They'd have to make a whole new system to tell who has a new home and who doesn't, which could well end up taking longer than it would to make the required houses. A workaround is not to worry about who is who and just give everyone an increased stipend for six months (or something like that). I could see that also smoothing concerns about premium increases and such, as it'd give everyone more reserves.

This is a bit like how the winter fuel allowance works in the UK. They don't means test it, because the resources to do that would cost more than just paying everyone over a certain age the fuel allowance. Sometimes the simple method works the best.

Hmmm... I agree with increasing the stipend for everyone except Bellissari residents.  I would think they could easily query premium members assigned to Bellissari and exclude us from the extra stipend. If everyone has the same stipend - it may still seem unfair to those who can't get a new home.  

Interesting ideas :)  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WillowTenage said:

I wish I could, but I don't have the funds to do that for everyone :( The stipend pays for what I rent though, and gives me even more space to play around with :)

So you are suggesting they (partially) give up another premium perk to compensate for the one they don't get? I don't even know what to comment on this one 9_9

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

So you are suggesting they (partially) give up another premium perk to compensate for the one they don't get? I don't even know what to comment on this one 9_9

Sorry for being so insensitive, it was not my intent in any way.  I will not try to rationalize what I had said, and just let this conversation end here with an apology.   

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

Sorry for being so insensitive, it was not my intent in any way.  I will not try to rationalize what I had said, and just let this conversation end here with an apology.   

squishes you tight...

Sorry that your return after taking a few days away hasn't been so nice. You are awesome and loved here, dearly, and absolutely one of my very most favorite posters. Please don't ever stop being YOU. You are a forum treasure! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

squishes you tight...

Sorry that your return after taking a few days away hasn't been so nice. You are awesome and loved here, dearly, and absolutely one of my very most favorite posters. Please don't ever stop being YOU. You are a forum treasure! ❤️❤️❤️

/me piles on @WillowTenage with Beth! You are *always* sweet, so don't listen to any drama-stirrers posters who try to say otherwise! 

• Like 9

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

squishes you tight...

Aww, thank you 😍  Nothing could ever keep me away from all of my emoticons and general happiness 😁  I usually stay away from subjects like this, because of the very nature of them tends to lead to a lot of heated emotions, I should have just stopped at the idea of a few quasi sandboxes for everyone to play around in.  It is a really delicate subject, that needs to be addressed with precision so as to be as diplomatic as possible, and I make way too many mistakes 🤯  

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, point Coage said:

i just want to see how loneg it take

it might take a while....

see calculation here - the only unknown is how many people want a new home - actually that is far simplified. If for instance more people -  like you sugggested for yourself - won't renew their premium if they don't get a home .... it might dramatically decrease the waiting period*: 

* which makes for another nefarious reason some people might announce they intend to drop their premium - they might not even consider it for themselves - but each competitor that follows their call is one competitor less...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CailetAmbrai said:

I just LOVEEEEE when people whine that they haven't gotten a house, that they aren't getting what the Lindens promised....especially when they have admitted that they already got a house or two and tossed them back cause they weren't "right" 

[15:42] XXXXXXXXX: should have kept the one you had last week. saved yourself a lot of stress

[15:43]XXXXXXXXXX: exactly

[15:43] Lуɗια Ɓℓιѕѕƒυℓℓ (alyceadrift): I let someone else have it because it wasn't the right one.

I gave a house boat back cause I wanted a traditional home ..So what if someone give a home back cause they wanted a different one ! It's ok to Vent about not getting another one.. No one is whining! Your being rude ! They can vent how they want ,thats what this thread is for ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I wish I could, but I don't have the funds to do that for everyone :( The stipend pays for what I rent though, and gives me even more space to play around with :)

You are a very endearing person. ❤️ And there's never a moment, ever, that I think you aren't giving enough for the community! You always spread joy and unbridled optimism, wherever you go. 🤗 And I can only hope asking you for paying their rent was done in jest, or it would have been rather distasteful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Wait, wut?! LOL. No, I mean, really. You are the very last person here who ever owes anyone an apology!! Don't let ppl get under your skin, with their twisted mind games! I pile on with @Sylvia Tamalyn and @Beth Macbain in saying that you are probably one of the sweetest ppl I know here! And if it didn't sound a mite creepy, I'd probably admit I secretly admire you a bit.😛 I mean, I know myself: I can be a bit short-tempered, or sarcastic, or simply downright moody. But you are always a luminous source of kindness on this forum: really something I keep telling myself: "Kira, you need to learn to be more like her!"

Tl;dr: please, don't change! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Wait, wut?! LOL. No, I mean, really. You are the very last person here who ever owes anyone an apology!! Don't let ppl get under your skin, with their twisted mind games! I pile on with @Sylvia Tamalyn and @Beth Macbain in saying that you are probably one of the sweetest ppl I know here! And if it didn't sound a mite creepy, I'd probably admit I secretly admire you a bit.😛 I mean, I know myself: I can be a bit short-tempered, or sarcastic, or simply downright moody. But you are always a luminous source of kindness on this forum: really something I keep telling myself: "Kira, you need to learn to be more like her!"

Tl;dr: please, don't change! :) 

Don't give me a complex😜  Before you know it, I'll be strutting around like I own the place 🤣  Fionalein was correct in their response, it was being short sighted of me to make such a suggestion in a thread like this, I was just lost in my own thoughts without consideration toward others who have been waiting for a new home.   And you don't sound creepy at all! :)  You are one of my favorite people on this forum, and full of kindness and are a constant supply of awesomeness 😍.   I won't change :) I love what Linden is doing, and understand why people are upset.  i mean, Bellisseria is an amazing place filled with awesome people like you, who wouldn't want to be part of it?  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Or make the stipend a bit higher so those who don't have a home could possibly rent out something until they are able to obtain a home.

Agree. This is simply money from nothing like the giral -money some federal banks create on their computer screen without a real value behind it. Low risk assets in other words. I hate this kind of raffle game but it seems a sort of american like business. Or they just walked again in a sandtrap? 

Maybe our different mentalities are simply incompatible. With an international clientele is not so easy to meet any demands. Or at least the kind of something of everything of this.
First build. Keep it silent. Then release. Simple. 

Edited by Monday Avril
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.