NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Eliza Wrigglesworth said:

I haven't been lucky yet either. I'm putting together an old bag-lady avatar and going to the next party anyway. 

I might not have a home, but I'm determined to have some FUN. 😋

Same here.  I was at work today and I was determined to step away for a few minutes and try my luck on my phone.  I was able to see Belli as an option, but when I got to the last page - I had an unknown error.  So I followed the link to retry and I didn't successfully get a home.  But - someone very kindly pointed out that I should have refreshed that error page rather than follow the link as indicated by the text.  

I'm a little frustrated that the user interface instructions are incorrect (at least for the result I was after).  I was soooo close....ughhhh.  I'll know better for the next time.  

As for the people who cant tolerate people venting....they just want attention and this is how they entertain each other.  I'm going to try to ignore them and continue venting if I care to do so.  I would encourage others venting to do the same...but I see they already are :).  

Edited by BelleBax
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I too, got the error message and followed the instructions on the page instead of refreshing. I'll keep trying. But this house-grab fiasco has turned into a stressful thing, which, when I think about it, is kinda silly.  As a paying SL member, I have earned the right to vent. Venting is healthy, venting is gooooood. ha!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

CINDYYY!! WHAT did you do to him? :o

Was this before or after the makeup? It's so much fun to catch the guys while they are passed out drunk.

Maybe he is just cosplaying as the male singer of the Japanese band Lady Baby =^.^=

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

Venting is always good to help unload frustrations and release them but we should try to remember that we shouldn’t blame our frustration on others 💗 

Tell the world as many times as you need to that “You’re Mad as Hell and Not Going To Take It Anymore” ...then try and do something you do enjoy for a little while, until you do feel better 💗  

All of us have felt it at one time or another and we all make mistakes from time to time.  Talk about them and perhaps there is a solution in that conversation.  As far as I have experienced, making other people upset has never made me feel better 🙂 Deep breaths, hugs, invent a silly walk and enjoy a great weekend.  Come inworld if you can and look for a gathering of dots on the map and say hello to your old, new and future neighbours 💃🏽🕺🏽 

HUGs All 💕 

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 9

22 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

At the risk voicing an unpopular opinion, I have to wonder why anyone would respond to complaints in THIS particular thread, since by its very title it is a thread dedicated to venting. That's like going out into the rain and complaining about getting wet. To me, this just defies logic.

Yes, there has been a lot of upset comments posted lately. A lot of negative views shared, and a lot of individual threads started dedicated to this very thing. But if everyone was to vent in one specific area then why can't that be tolerated? Providing ToS, rules, laws, and civility is adhered to, isn't venting in the one spot a good thing? Isn't it better to have a majority of the fires contained to one area rather than battling the flames as they pop up all over the forum? And while I know this thread isn't going to stop everyone from posting their own threads completely or even stop the negativity, it may lessen the instances of them. It might even be making people feel a little better to get their frustrations out here amongst others who feel the same way. What's the harm in it?

If people are sick of reading such posts, why come here to this specific thread in the first place? What do they expect to gain beyond further frustration? Is it the sheer thrill of arguing? A need to convert others to their way of thinking? To prove themselves right and others wrong? I just don't get it. 

People venting about people venting in a thread about venting... 🙄

So now that I've effectively and undoubtedly offended someone, fire away.

( And yes I'm fully aware I'm venting about people venting about people venting in a thread about venting! *my aching head* XD ) 

Hehe, that logic is ironclad. 👍 You're really very right here: we can't first direct ppl to this thread, and then, when they actually choose to vent *here*, instead of somewhere else, be upset that they do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Venting is always good to help unload frustrations and release them but we should try to remember that we shouldn’t blame our frustration on others 💗 

Tell the world as many times as you need to that “You’re Mad as Hell and Not Going To Take It Anymore” ...then try and do something you do enjoy for a little while, until you do feel better 💗  

All of us have felt it at one time or another and we all make mistakes from time to time.  Talk about them and perhaps there is a solution in that conversation.  As far as I have experienced, making other people upset has never made me feel better 🙂 Deep breaths, hugs, invent a silly walk and enjoy a great weekend.  Come inworld if you can and look for a gathering of dots on the map and say hello to your old, new and future neighbours 💃🏽🕺🏽 

HUGs All 💕 

I agree with most of what you're saying - and I believe you really want to be helpful.  But your comments and advice seem to be solely directed at people venting, when I think those who are uncomfortable/annoyed/[insert-negative-feeling] are the ones who need advice about how to behave and manage their frustrations.  I think it's perfectly reasonable and healthy to direct frustrations at the process built by LL and whatever factors people think make this process unpleasant - not for days or weeks - but for months.  And I really think it's healthy to hear ideas that could make things better.  

• Thanks 1

SO here is my Vent about People being upset about not getting a Linden Home. 

Bellisseria is the popular place to be, and to have a home there, but there are other options still in favor for those that have not gotten one yet. I know many of us are disgusted with the way that Mainland in many regions looks, but it starts with one, than another and a few more. Check out your options on mainland start a group where those around you can join and together put your resources to work creating a model that others should strive for. Create your own Roads, neighborhoods / community. I have a homestead that I am seriously considering letting go and look into getting a mainland property. And when I do you can betcha I WILL do what I suggested above. You dont have to be an annoying jerk about it but hold the neighbors accountable for making it look nice. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree @BelleBax  Many like you know exactly what a healthy vent is and I encourage everyone to vent in such a healthy way, as you do ♥  

My post isn't to offend or correct anyone and I feel this thread is really necessary! 

When venting turns to ranting or blaming  it does get others upset and no one needs more stress in a stressful situation ♥

Vent ON!  \☻/  :D And let it out ♥ just as @BelleBax and many others do ♥

Edited by BJoyful
inverted words (lack of caffeine that early)
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I totally agree @BelleBax  Many like you know exactly what a healthy vent is and I encourage everyone to vent in such a healthy way, as you do ♥  

My post isn't to offend or correct anyone and I feel this thread is really necessary! 

When venting turns to ranting or blaming does it get others upset and no one needs more stress in a stressful situation ♥

Vent ON!  \☻/  :D And let it out ♥ just as @BelleBax and many others do ♥

Yes, yes!  I believe your intentions are good.  And I appreciate your support of those of us venting.  I also think your voice may be influential to those complaining about us venting.  I guess I just wish you would encourage them toward good behavior as well as you encourage us towards good behavior.  I hope that makes sense :)  I haven't had coffee yet.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

♫ ♪ 

5 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

Yes, yes!  I believe your intentions are good.  And I appreciate your support of those of us venting.  I also think your voice may be influential to those complaining about us venting.  I guess I just wish you would encourage them toward good behavior as well as you encourage us towards good behavior.  I hope that makes sense :)  I haven't had coffee yet.  LOL

Yeah I think I'm down a half-litre of coffee atm myself! :D 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roary McGillivary said:

SO here is my Vent about People being upset about not getting a Linden Home. 

Bellisseria is the popular place to be, and to have a home there, but there are other options still in favor for those that have not gotten one yet. I know many of us are disgusted with the way that Mainland in many regions looks, but it starts with one, than another and a few more. Check out your options on mainland start a group where those around you can join and together put your resources to work creating a model that others should strive for. Create your own Roads, neighborhoods / community. I have a homestead that I am seriously considering letting go and look into getting a mainland property. And when I do you can betcha I WILL do what I suggested above. You dont have to be an annoying jerk about it but hold the neighbors accountable for making it look nice. 

You're right - there are good options lately on the Mainland. 

I rent a parcel on there - something I was loathe to do because of the eye soars all around.  But, the person who owns the parcel (Bobbi Wahwah) has made the area so lovely that I feel comfortable and I'm enjoying the location immensely.  I began renting in the Mainland in May when I realized the new linden homes would not be accessible to me for some time.  When it's time for me to renew, I certainly will let go of my premium membership if I don't have a new linden home. (Not to worry - LL gets loads of money from me due to an shopping addiction.)  

It's like.... I'd prefer to date Ryan Reynolds - but if I have to make due with Chris Evans....so be it.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

♫ ♪ 

Yeah I think I'm down a half-litre of coffee atm myself! :D 

Your intentions are always good. Which is why you are so loved here. ❤️ Coffee or no, you're one of the ppl I invariably look forward to hearing from, as I always know someone's getting an endearing virtual hug from you, one way or the other. And in doing so, you lift everyone up. 🤗

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Your intentions are always good. Which is why you are so loved here. ❤️ Coffee or no, you're one of the ppl I invariably look forward to hearing from, as I always know someone's getting an endearing virtual hug from you, one way or the other. And in doing so, you lift everyone up. 🤗

I agree wholeheartedly, BJoyful is one of the ones I sneak in to read deliberately, I second this sentiment 🙏🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with BelleBex above when she said, 

When it's time for me to renew, I certainly will let go of my premium membership if I don't have a new linden home. 

I'm beginning to feel we should all cut our premium memberships in protest of not being provided a 1024-meter SL Home as promised!!!!🤬

9 minutes ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

When it's time for me to renew, I certainly will let go of my premium membership if I don't have a new linden home. 

I'm beginning to feel we should all cut our premium memberships in protest of not being provided a 1024-meter SL Home as promised!!!!🤬

Well please don't do that if u can help it!  We need to fund those Moles and keep them working   :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.