Jump to content
Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Recommended Posts

I had a really hard time deciding which traditional to get.. finally decided on the Continental since it left me with the most outdoor space to play with. The inside is soooo little, though. I wish they had made them one room upper and lower. My plot was half sand and half grass, so had to get creative.. I'm just happy to have gotten anything at all!  Shots of front, back, and inside. Not many people on the latest release seemed to decorate. Maybe they are planning on it being a temporary.

Bellisseria front.png

Bellisseria back.png

Bellisseria inside.png

  • Like 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I had a really hard time deciding which traditional to get.. finally decided on the Continental since it left me with the most outdoor space to play with. The inside is soooo little, though. I wish they had made them one room upper and lower. My plot was half sand and half grass, so had to get creative.. I'm just happy to have gotten anything at all!  Shots of front, back, and inside. Not many people on the latest release seemed to decorate. Maybe they are planning on it being a temporary.

Bellisseria front.png

Bellisseria back.png

 

Half sand and half grass can be tricky, especially if you have the sand in the "wrong" places.

Like "all" do, I first stretched a prim to cover all my land. It looked just like it was -a grass textured prim. I was not totally happy with it. The contrast between my land and the grass/sand outside was too big.

I used some patches I bought in 2017 and then forgot. These are the "moss" patches, but tinted a bit greygreen, they work much better. They don't have that obvious straight edge. Garden without:

lawn_003.jpg.9b3b66aea4f915ad9b5764fadf05ed28.jpg

Garden with:

lawn_004.jpg.7383e61c5105b0bb92e39ed74ebcad14.jpg

And you can also use the "sand" or "dirt" patches to lighten up, if you have a totally dark green land and want some realistic driveway.

I have 2 round ones here, but I might use the squares. I had to flatten these, for some reason they are thick, so that was the first I did. These two is sized to 20 x 20 x 0.01.

Maybe an idea for you or others?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Violetility-Mesh-Ground-Covers/9300841

Edit: Compare it from a distance. The default terrain grass is a bit different from the patches, but I think it is visually better than sharp edges. It blends in better. I like it better.

lawn.thumb.jpg.d49913ad8b4bfc6dee14c39cb9076c9d.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Half sand and half grass can be tricky, especially if you have the sand in the "wrong" places.

Like "all" do, I first stretched a prim to cover all my land. It looked just like it was -a grass textured prim. I was not totally happy with it. The contrast between my land and the grass/sand outside was too big.

I used some patches I bought in 2017 and then forgot. These are the "moss" patches, but tinted a bit greygreen, they work much better. They don't have that obvious straight edge. Garden without:

lawn_003.jpg.9b3b66aea4f915ad9b5764fadf05ed28.jpg

Garden with:

lawn_004.jpg.7383e61c5105b0bb92e39ed74ebcad14.jpg

And you can also use the "sand" or "dirt" patches to lighten up, if you have a totally dark green land and want some realistic driveway.

I have 2 round ones here, but I might use the squares. I had to flatten these, for some reason they are thick, so that was the first I did. These two is sized to 20 x 20 x 0.01.

Maybe an idea for you or others?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Violetility-Mesh-Ground-Covers/9300841

Edit: Compare it from a distance. The default terrain grass is a bit different from the patches, but I think it is visually better than sharp edges. It blends in better. I like it better.

lawn.thumb.jpg.d49913ad8b4bfc6dee14c39cb9076c9d.jpg

Those look great, Marianne! My house is in a sandy area, and I have three nearby neighbors who have chosen to just use flat green prims to be their "grass". It honestly looks bad (note to self: go derender them). I'm going to buy these mesh ones and experiment on my own parcel. 

ETA! LOL, Marketplace tells me I have already purchased these in 2018! (Thank goodness they keep track for us!)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fingerpickles said:

How do you get one of these homes?

Start by reading the threads pinned to the top of this forum.

But first...

THAT USERNAME

@Patch Linden, can we move this guy to the top of the Super Secret Non Existent List for Fabulous Linden Homes? Because that name needs to be part of Bellisseria! And his boat/house needs to be close to the Squishy Pickle. "Hi, I'm Finger Pickles, and I live right next to the Squishy Pickle."

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Thank you! This was what I was looking for.

I went from 100% sand to: Mossy.thumb.jpg.de8d5c9ebc1f502f5541f0a9041e7307.jpg

That looks and yes big thank you to @Marianne Little for posting that.  I totally forgot that I had that moss.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Marianne Little  Oh gosh, you have a wooden walk just like what I did! Same house, similar ground.. I swear I had never seen that til you replied with the tips - I always am trying to do things without getting ideas from other people. I do have  a lot of ground cover options, but I decided at the time to go with it, and have beach grass in some spots, and just planted things in the green. Most of the region is on is sandy anyway, so the mixed theme worked. Plus I only have about 25 Li left now, so not adding anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

 @Marianne Little  Oh gosh, you have a wooden walk just like what I did! Same house, similar ground.. I swear I had never seen that til you replied with the tips - I always am trying to do things without getting ideas from other people. I do have  a lot of ground cover options, but I decided at the time to go with it, and have beach grass in some spots, and just planted things in the green. Most of the region is on is sandy anyway, so the mixed theme worked. Plus I only have about 25 Li left now, so not adding anything.

You wouldn't believe how many tips and ideas I got from others. We share them here. :)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was finally able to snag a house in last Fridays release and have spent the last several day decorating inside and out.  I really love the community feel here...so much better than the old houses, where most may have been occupied but you never saw hide nor hair of an avi!    It appears I have used my landscaping prims mainly in the front and one the sides.  I have 30 left to do the back with and am using all 1 prim plants...but they do add up quickly.   I got Blush Brevins patio extension and added one of my own making to the back of the house.  The water feature is Skye's Water system, filled with plants from Botanical.  The gentle water sound comes with the water system and is very soothing.  I could use 100 more prims in a flash, but this will do for the moment!

LeftSide_001.jpg

Rightside_001.jpg

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"I can't make mesh"... I am still in shock. I made prim walls, saved them as Collada, opened them in Blender, joined them, saved them and uploaded them to SL.

1 Li for the three rooms downstairs in Continental, plus entrance floor.

And I didn't have to buy an expensive prim to mesh converter. 😲 I never thought....

 

inner walls_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Typos
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

"I can't make mesh"... I am still in shock. I made prim walls, saved them as Collada, opened them in Blender, joined them, saved them and uploaded them to SL.

1 Li for the three rooms downstairs in Continental, plus entrance floor.

And I didn't have to buy an expensive prim to mesh converter. 😲 I never thought....

 

inner walls_001.jpg

I want that tutorial please :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emma Krokus said:

I want that tutorial please :)

I am not sure if I can duplicate it. I have pressed buttons for days, and calculated uploads. I was so shocked when I had it there in Second life.

After I take some deep breaths, maybe.... Maybe. I am not Blush. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if I can duplicate it. I have pressed buttons for days, and calculated uploads. I was so shocked when I had it there in Second life.

After I take some deep breaths, maybe.... Maybe. I am not Blush. 😉

Wow - it's really impressive that you managed this apparently quite accidentally! Hat off :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

"I can't make mesh"... I am still in shock. I made prim walls, saved them as Collada, opened them in Blender, joined them, saved them and uploaded them to SL.

1 Li for the three rooms downstairs in Continental, plus entrance floor.

And I didn't have to buy an expensive prim to mesh converter. 😲 I never thought....

 

inner walls_001.jpg

 

I'll take that tutorial too, please. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to learn physics. I am already working on the second floor. The wall shells don't need physics, so they were easy to set to phantom. But on the second floor, I need a real wall between the bathroom and bedroom. I am going to copy Jake Vordun's second floor. I am so stressed when I want something, and now I am just"get it done". Maybe I drop to learn physics and simply put furniture there, to stop the walk through.

I can also make a transparent prim as a shield. But that's a waste of LI. I need walls to place furniture against anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if I can duplicate it. I have pressed buttons for days, and calculated uploads. I was so shocked when I had it there in Second life.

After I take some deep breaths, maybe.... Maybe. I am not Blush. 😉

Proud of you ... keep going! :D You can do it!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my friend recently moved to one of the traditional houses and I wondered what are the best stores for plants to put in a flower bed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

"I can't make mesh"... I am still in shock. I made prim walls, saved them as Collada, opened them in Blender, joined them, saved them and uploaded them to SL.

1 Li for the three rooms downstairs in Continental, plus entrance floor.

And I didn't have to buy an expensive prim to mesh converter. 😲 I never thought....

 

inner walls_001.jpg

Love your wall textures.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 11:34 PM, RacyAcey said:

Love your wall textures.

 

And I love her floor tiles, and her coat rack, and her rugs, and her furniture. :) And her tutorial.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...