-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Kieok said:

Anyone have an inground pool in their gardens or yard? 

As @SerraWeckerly mentioned land can't be terraformed, so you'll have to get creative. A lot of people tend to use platforms so that the pool sits above ground, or they use vegetation to mask the sides of ponds or other pools that have a sloping land border in order to achieve something closer to in-ground (that appears half in, half out). 

There's also a neat trick to create the illusion of depth with light projectors (make a flat prim look more three dimensional) that @kiramanell posted here:

(Edit: THIS should be the correct post *hangs head in shame*)

It would depend what you wanted your pool for; swimming or decoration. No doubt you could likely add pose balls or poses to a phantom prim and appear as though you are swimming but it may take a little work on your part to get that working as you want. And as for above-ground pools, well there's no shortage of them on the Marketplace.

Good luck! :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
I had one job... and I linked the wrong post! >.<
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

As @SerraWeckerly mentioned land can't be terraformed, so you'll have to get creative. A lot of people tend to use platforms so that the pool sits above ground, or they use vegetation to mask the sides of ponds or other pools that have a sloping land border in order to achieve something closer to in-ground (that appears half in, half out). 

There's also a neat trick to create the illusion of depth with light projectors (make a flat prim look more three dimensional) that @kiramanell posted here:

(Edit: THIS should be the correct post *hangs head in shame*)

It would depend what you wanted your pool for; swimming or decoration. No doubt you could likely add pose balls or poses to a phantom prim and appear as though you are swimming but it may take a little work on your part to get that working as you want. And as for above-ground pools, well there's no shortage of them on the Marketplace.

Good luck! :) 

Awww, thx for the mention. 🤗

As for actually swimming in it, that's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities, even. A human body, lying flat, is like what, 20-40 cm in height? Since most outside pools have a natural rim anyway, you'd only need to create a ca. 40 cm deep pool to begin with, and you could already swim in it. Swimming might interfere with the projector light, though; so I will need to experiment on the idea some more. :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Awww, thx for the mention. 🤗

As for actually swimming in it, that's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities, even. A human body, lying flat, is like what, 20-40 cm in height? Since most outside pools have a natural rim anyway, you'd only need to create a ca. 40 cm deep pool to begin with, and you could already swim in it. Swimming might interfere with the projector light, though; so I will need to experiment on the idea some more. :)

Aww you're most welcome! It's actually a clever idea and worth sharing! :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys, I see you all are doing amazing things with your homes!!! And you've managed to put a lot of great quality furniture. How do you save on prims, apart from low prim furniture and linking items? I know I've been investing a lot of them in the garden, but still. ¡Gracias!

giphy.gif

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

@Elena Core

Okay now everyone can laugh at me....I had my whole house sorted...everything furnished but i had very few LI left.  I know that with autumn and more importantly HALLOWEEN coming up i would be doing a lot of decorating and to be truthful i wasn't that happy with my bedroom.  So i picked it all up...stuck moving boxes in the "attic" and for now I'm pretending I'm still unpacking.  Ill wait til inspiration strikes me or til after the end of year holidays to re-arrange everything.   Who knows what will be happening on Belli by then.  Besides it's summertime and that means all the time out by the pool or chilling on the front porch swing in between dancing to all the awesome sets from our resident DJs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SerraWeckerly said:

@Elena Core

Okay now everyone can laugh at me....I had my whole house sorted...everything furnished but i had very few LI left.  I know that with autumn and more importantly HALLOWEEN coming up i would be doing a lot of decorating and to be truthful i wasn't that happy with my bedroom.  So i picked it all up...stuck moving boxes in the "attic" and for now I'm pretending I'm still unpacking.  Ill wait til inspiration strikes me or til after the end of year holidays to re-arrange everything.   Who knows what will be happening on Belli by then.  Besides it's summertime and that means all the time out by the pool or chilling on the front porch swing in between dancing to all the awesome sets from our resident DJs.

Ha! I love that idea. :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Very happy the new land on the other side of Quartz Lake isn't going to interfere with my amazing sunrises. 

1496281196_TheOtherSide.thumb.png.7d8e767af74209d0bee1fb07a73f83e8.png

Do you actually get up early enough to see the sunrise?   Or do you just change your day settings?  lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RacyAcey said:

Do you actually get up early enough to see the sunrise?   Or do you just change your day settings?  lol

Sometimes I'm up late enough to see the sunrise, but never, if at all possible, up that early!

I like to play with day settings and windlight and see what I can come up with. 😊

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I am done with redoing everything now I think.. Happy with everything but bedroom, and since that's definitely the least used area in my home *cough* I don't care! So it feels like a place that's me now, and that's all I wanted. Not a showcase fancy thing. 'cause I'm anything but fancy. Now I'll see if I can link from flickr.. Had just been attaching pictures from my computer before.

Frontside, coastal landscape on one side, greenery/garden on the other.. No need to make choices there!

Bellisseria front yard (continental)

and there's a beach over there somewhere (from the back)

Bellisseria back yard

walking through the front door

Bellisseria entrance (continental)

kitchen and dining. I hadn't planned on having  a kitchen, but had no clue what else to do with the extra room that would look ok.

Bellisseria kitchen-dining (continental)

Living room. Again, not really any theme 'cept a Morena theme...

Bellisseria livingroom (continental)

finally a pervy peek through the bedroom window. Added a back wall for a bathroom. That upper room in the continental is so.. tunnel-y. Best to break it up.

Bellisseria bedroom window peep

And I'm done. I hope I didn't put too many pictures.. It's hard to not share!

You did a great job...beautiful.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I am done with redoing everything now I think.. Happy with everything but bedroom, and since that's definitely the least used area in my home *cough* I don't care! So it feels like a place that's me now, and that's all I wanted. Not a showcase fancy thing. 'cause I'm anything but fancy. Now I'll see if I can link from flickr.. Had just been attaching pictures from my computer before.

Frontside, coastal landscape on one side, greenery/garden on the other.. No need to make choices there!

Bellisseria front yard (continental)

and there's a beach over there somewhere (from the back)

Bellisseria back yard

walking through the front door

Bellisseria entrance (continental)

kitchen and dining. I hadn't planned on having  a kitchen, but had no clue what else to do with the extra room that would look ok.

Bellisseria kitchen-dining (continental)

Living room. Again, not really any theme 'cept a Morena theme...

Bellisseria livingroom (continental)

finally a pervy peek through the bedroom window. Added a back wall for a bathroom. That upper room in the continental is so.. tunnel-y. Best to break it up.

Bellisseria bedroom window peep

And I'm done. I hope I didn't put too many pictures.. It's hard to not share!

My, that is just incredibly beautiful! ❤️ I love how you say you "hadn't planned on having  a kitchen," and then produce this gorgeously, super-cozy kitchen! I mean, the lighting in it alone! :) Same for the bedroom: it's all so very lovely. And all those beautiful wallpaper choices and rugs: you really did great here! :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get an end plot on Bandit next to water and this time I'm staying put. Even my husband said not to give this one up and he was adamant that he needed a drive  (anyway, I chucked him a pond down so he's as happy as Larry).  I even have somewhere to put my Audrey II ( I don't trust it in the house 🤣)

Adams House (2).jpg

Adams House (1).jpg

Adams House (3).jpg

Adams House (4).jpg

• Like 26

6 hours ago, soulsofree said:

Here's a couple of pics of my space- a personal haven and place to reset in the Shady Corners retirement community. :D

home3.jpg

home5.jpg

^^ Oh, I really love this! So classy! Very endearing furniture combination of styllish + rustic, with awesomely uniquely shaped objects; that mirror, for instance, is just all manner of shiny (pun intended), and so are the couch and batchtub. And your flowery paintings are gorgeous too. ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

Trying a new minimalist approach.

Snapshot_010_edited.jpg

Now, who has the guts to tell the Empress she's not wearing any clothes?!  😍

EDIT: On a more disturbing note, where's the water!? 😮

Edited by kiramanell
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.