TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

I bought catwa a long while ago when it was only 3,000L. The prices went up recently.. so yea.... I haven't bought catwa since the prices went up.

Catwa's Bento heads have always been L$5,000, so I'm not sure where you get the idea from that their price had "gone up recently". The non-Bento Frames Animated and static heads are L$900 each, and then there are various add-ons you can also buy for the Frames Animated heads, so perhaps the combination of those is the lower price you're thinking of? Bento heads are an entirely different and far more complex product and they were L$5,000 from the start, with Catya and Daniel, which were released in 2016 and 2017 respectively.

The only time that any of Catwa's Bento heads have been cheaper was when three of them (Lilly, Uma, and Dude) were half price (L$2,500) for 24 hours on the day each of them was released.

See the image behind the spoiler tag for pricing of the non-Bento heads, which are close to what you say that you paid:

2860af82b5e2cdd354df5dcba7a0758d.jpg

20 hours ago, Milissa Rossini said:

It is interesting there were some update/fix by Legacy Meshbody:  

https://www.meshbody.com/updates

Yes, it seem they are a bit working harder this time.  But when i talked to a designer on mesh nipple about support Legacy body. She replied already asked for sometimes, but no response ;-o

I got a response once. When I went there to look at the demo and nothing worked. I IM's the creator and complained that their shopping experience was horrific. I got an offline response the next day: [paraphrased] "What's not working?" - even after I described in detail what wasn't't working. So, if you are a potential buyer who may throw money their way then perhaps they will reply?

JUST a cynical rant-ee reply. LOL 

Surely it's a quality product. The creator has placed a L$ value on it and, just like every single other thing sold in-world, it will find an audience (Apple Inc., anyone?) It's just not for me (the body look, I mean) and the price value may not be in-line with many and that's fine. Though I have never purchased this brand (the only reason being that the looks don't do it for me) I cannot bash on anyone for or against the brand and, by extension, the creators as I have no personal experience.

One aspect of the higher price that is a selling point (purchasing point) is that there will be a lot fewer of them around. Maitreya is so saturated across the grid that I, personally speaking, just kind of roll my eyes at it. "OOH, *another* neck-down doppelgänger" :)

I am immensely curious - did they really apply for Omega support as they say? I know it takes long but I am somehow doubting it. If someone is in touch with Omega team - ask, maybe? As in the update above I see no mention and that is the first thing bodies do unless they provide their own kits like Slink used to before they got approved. What is more - in their case, they are revamping but a known brand so I think they would have waited to release with Omega support if they really cared. I vote it is all porkies plus I bet the mesh is similar to their old one in wonkyness. When they released their kit, it turned out their body had badly modelled TMP letters all over the darn thing and messing the whole thing up. 

9 hours ago, sigxvicious said:

I am immensely curious - did they really apply for Omega support as they say? I know it takes long but I am somehow doubting it. If someone is in touch with Omega team - ask, maybe? As in the update above I see no mention and that is the first thing bodies do unless they provide their own kits like Slink used to before they got approved. What is more - in their case, they are revamping but a known brand so I think they would have waited to release with Omega support if they really cared. I vote it is all porkies plus I bet the mesh is similar to their old one in wonkyness. When they released their kit, it turned out their body had badly modelled TMP letters all over the darn thing and messing the whole thing up. 

I doubt that too, they just think about to be omega compatible.In my view they are feeling good even without omega, because they want to be as special as possible:)

2 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

I doubt that too, they just think about to be omega compatible.In my view they are feeling good even without omega, because they want to be as special as possible:)

Yeah and they are very special. Lol. With the stupid proprietary servers, that you have to upload your applier to. But if one day they decide to shut down, guess what. You have a 20 Dollar virtual paperweight. Lol

45 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yeah and they are very special. Lol. With the stupid proprietary servers, that you have to upload your applier to. But if one day they decide to shut down, guess what. You have a 20 Dollar virtual paperweight. Lol

i tried to Joke about their Ego:)

3 hours ago, Akamacroman said:

I did purchase the Man Legacy body. Paid L$5000 and got only a few body shapes. No Hud, nothing. Cannot find any costumer help. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Did you got a box,which needs to be unpacked?maybe reunpack will help?

On 7/29/2019 at 3:05 AM, Skell Dagger said:

In which one of TMP's most vocal critics decides to at least give this new body a try. As honest a review about the demoing experience as I can manage, but ultimately, when you finally get the damn thing on? Yeah, it's gorgeous, I was flush with L$, so I bought it.

Review (and eating of words) here.

legacy00.jpg

Well... this is really makes me want to buy the Legacy... 😩

That body, especially when Birth supported that body now... 😩

Decision decision...

On 8/1/2019 at 3:10 AM, elixdude said:

Also I've tried the demo but there's no way to edit the glossiness and stuff like that when using custom skin?

I had asked LiveHelp (CSR for the legacy mesh body) for some clarifications on that and the statement was that the shine in the body hud can only be applied to the legacy default skins. I was told by LiveHelp that the skin creators would be the ones to add shine/gloss when wearing that creator’ skin. Usually.. most mesh bodies (at least the very popular ones like Maitreya/slink/Belleza)have an option to increase or decrease shine in any skin you choose to wear however the legacy mesh body is different in how they do things, so I was taken back by that..

eh, it is what it is. 

Edited by Roguerie
Typos

On 8/10/2019 at 11:39 PM, Roguerie said:

I had asked LiveHelp (CSR for the legacy mesh body) for some clarifications on that and the statement was that the shine in the body hud can only be applied to the legacy default skins. I was told by LiveHelp that the skin creators would be the ones to add shine/gloss when wearing that creator’ skin.

I bought a legacy body for photography reasons (just reeeeally love the cuvy shape and quality) but that part really sucks yeah. Dont understand why they took this approach.

Also have a lot of trouble with the nech seam. Dont really get why a body like maitreya can make it virtually disapear but they can not. Maybe I dont understand it enough yet, but it seems you only have a certain amount of default color options provided by them, instead of letting the skin applier of the skin vendor do the job.

That the negative part for me though, positive is just the amazing looks. On that part, and the way it animates, its way ahead of the other big names in my opinion.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Also have a lot of trouble with the nech seam. Dont really get why a body like maitreya can make it virtually disapear but they can not. Maybe I dont understand it enough yet, but it seems you only have a certain amount of default color options provided by them, instead of letting the skin applier of the skin vendor do the job.

I think I can explain to you that, when TMP first came out, and Mesh heads started to hit the scene. They too had neck seam issues. So to fix this issue, TMP issues their own heads. Which then it made it so stupid. You had different levels of heads, and it cost you way more. Than to say buy a Maitreya body and a Catwa head, along with the skins. The body and head at the top tier, would go for 15k, and that wasn't including the skin. So in my opinion, they will probably do that. Which again, yes I like more head choices. But it will only fit the Legacy body's.

• Like 2

i thought i would give the body a try very curvy shape to it, but no matter what i do i cannot get the seam in the neck to go away, ive bought multiple neck shaders and skins and not one of them works in the neck...long story short i wouldnt purchase until they have a fix for this issue, i will go back to maitreya because of this reason. if anyone has a suggestion or a fix for this please contact lyric bayn in world.

13 minutes ago, Lyric Bayn said:

i thought i would give the body a try very curvy shape to it, but no matter what i do i cannot get the seam in the neck to go away, ive bought multiple neck shaders and skins and not one of them works in the neck...long story short i wouldnt purchase until they have a fix for this issue, i will go back to maitreya because of this reason. if anyone has a suggestion or a fix for this please contact lyric bayn in world.

From what I've seen from just about any neck fix texture that sits around the neck..I've never heard of any of those working..

About the only thing that works well is matching the applier for the head and the body and the body and the head working well together as far as fit..

if you have to buy their head to fit their body and no other heads will work.. Yea,that's not good..

I mean unless you love their head.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

From what I've seen from just about any neck fix texture that sits around the neck..I've never heard of any of those working..

About the only thing that works well is matching the applier for the head and the body and the body and the head working well together as far as fit..

if you have to buy their head to fit their body and no other heads will work.. Yea,that's not good..

I mean unless you love their head.

i have tried my genus head and also my catwa, it doesnt remove the neck seam no matter what i try. ive tried MANY skins. i didnt realize they had heads for the body, but no i wont be buying one lol. i even tried the light settings they suggested and the seam is still there. i tried adjusting the neck shape on the body and the shape and the seam is still showing. at that price $5000 lindens which equals about $35.00 canadian the body should be flawless if you ask me. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

I bought a legacy body for photography reasons (just reeeeally love the cuvy shape and quality) but that part really sucks yeah. Dont understand why they took this approach.

That the negative part for me though, positive is just the amazing looks. On that part, and the way it animates, its way ahead of the other big names in my opinion.

i am also having this same issue, have you found a fix for this?

I tried a demo of the Legacy body the other day. The mesh gaps when at a distance from the sea level (i.e. when in a skybox) were too much for me. That and the neck seam being way off, as well as the price, made me not want to invest in one. It's too bad, really, because the body looks very nice and smooth compared to my current (Maitreya) body, but those kinks just are too much of a bother to deal with in my opinion. That and the whole, it's made by TMP thing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.