TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Ok I did new tests with LOD since obviously I wore clothes in the first image:

Lod 2 and 3, anything beyond those zoom settings will make body vanish, I don't think this is a big issue tbh.

So it a LOD issue, and I agree that it's not really a concern since at those distances you would likely be rendered as an imposter anyway.

While I like this body, I don't like how it's 270k triangles. :( Sure, Belleza is even heavier, but this is still almost 3 Maitreyas or 13 Slinks. It feels like we're heading the wrong way again.

I mean, the shape is certainly not that much more detailed, just slightly so.

Edited by Cinos Field

On 9/15/2019 at 7:19 PM, Morgan Phelan said:

So funny! Loads of clothes for the body available. Creators are loving creating for it and it's gorgeous.

Well of course there are plenty of clothes coming up for it. Unlike the other top bodies, the kit to make clothes for this body is basically being handed out. I certainly think this is the single biggest thing they did to help their sales. It was a smart move.

Still don't see the body as worth 5k though.

Edited by s2Pandora

After reading of a helpless owner trying to ask for help for that body in a freebie group (she couldn't get a Tattoo applied on her new body), it is definitely a no go for me. 

The TMP "Deluxe" (price reduced, 500L$) was my first body after coming back to SL after many years of abstinence and everytime I think about that "hud" it still gives me a BIG headache.

It did not take longer than one week until I changed to Maitreya/ Belleza.

The body looks kinda nice but the hud seems to be still the same, no thanks then! 😂

Edited by Unity SecretSpy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, BrooklynnC said:

Doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to hide a broken feature. Perhaps it's just a strategy to make you purchase the body. I'm sure it's not flawless because then they'd be bragging about it in the demo folder but I feel like people should try and be more optimistic. Are we going to hold on to our Maitreya bodies for the rest of Second Life's existence?

It's a new and interesting approach. People complain about the price but if this body allows you to wear clothing that aren't specifically designed for the body you're wearing then maybe that L$5,000 isn't so bad after all.

Lol as there is french bashing, there is TMP bashing, and WHATEVER nice you can say about TMP and bad about MAITREYA(mainly), they will say you're WRONG.

I AM a TMP user and I don't regret it, I just regret some builders are not skilled enough to do clothes for this body, on a side , and that TMP does not simplify thme the job on another, this is all, but BOTH their loss. I still can find enough things pleasing me after all, and I spend much less money on clothes compared to MAIT' owners that have more choice in a sens.

Though, to be totally honest I must admit that TMP did PROMISE free updates and now they sell their new CLASSIC body at 2500 L$ IF... *IF*... you already have the old version.

THEM GREEDY LIARS !

I can understand 2500 L$ if you don't owe the old one, but if you already have the old version, to me it's an update and FAR from being a free one.

TMP has always been a DAMN GREEDY company and I think they mock people around with their STUPID shopping huds + credit system (that keeps change in credits and don't give you L$ back) and complicated style huds, even if I now can perfectly manage them, but it takes time to learn how to, I must say.

Now, all this said, the quality is ABOVE and sometimes FAR ABOVE other brands, even if most will never even start to admit it, specially when they bought the other concerned bodies (lmao). BUT... Will I buy the new LEGACY ? Honestly Im' VERY VERY tempted to. It looks even better and corrected compared to the first TMP and it is just a LUSH bento body.

I would buy it for sure at 2500 L$, but the double ? Mmm... I'm stil hardly hesitating...

4 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

This is as stupid as saying anyone spending a single L$ on MAITREYA, BELEZZA or else, is a fool. It's a question of taste.

Except neither Maitreya nor Belleza have a history of predatory business practices. And both of them are set up from start to use Omega, the SL standard for multi-body appliers. And both are HALF the cost of this body.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

This is as stupid as saying anyone spending a single L$ on MAITREYA, BELEZZA or else, is a fool. It's a question of taste.

4 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Though, to be totally honest I must admit that TMP did PROMISE free updates and now they sell their new CLASSIC body at 2500 L$ IF... *IF*... you already have the old version.

THEM GREEDY LIARS !

I can understand 2500 L$ if you don't owe the old one, but if you already have the old version, to me it's an update and FAR from being a free one.

TMP has always been a DAMN GREEDY company and I think they mock people around with their STUPID shopping huds + credit system (that keeps change in credits and don't give you L$ back) and complicated style huds, even if I now can perfectly manage them, but it takes time to learn how to, I must say.

Are you saying it's smart to give money to people you consider to be greedy liars?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Except neither Maitreya nor Belleza have a history of predatory business practices. And both of them are set up from start to use Omega, the SL standard for multi-body appliers. And both are HALF the cost of this body.

Even

For what it's worth, I love the Legacy Meshbody. Everything just works beautifully out of the box and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've spent far too much time staring at my avi's butt (and I'm not even that way inclined!). Hot damn, they put some serious effort into this thing.

The deformers work as intended - Maitreya clothes and shoes work beautifully and holy flying peanut butter! - the texture of the skin straight out of the box just blew me away. It's difficult to imagine going back to Maitreya but you never know.

The body reflects the light something amazing - I can only imagine how much more amazing an entire avi would look if Genus (and other) heads did the same.

I personally think it's worth 5k. The hours/days/months/years it must have taken to perfect. Has anyone checked out the detail on the hands, fingers and fingernails? The feet? Toes? The curvature of the spine? They've really stepped up the game now; mesh body creators are going to have to work incredibly hard to match Legacy for quality.

That's my two cents worth (now that the piggy bank is empty...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A friend bought me the LEGACY so that I tested it, and as usual, the body is just GREAT, more, the BIG lacks of TMP are sorted out (stupid style hud of the old classic, stupid shopping hud and updates as I've already had a REALLY FREE update this time).I confirm what @AnyaJurelle said

So... We'll see in time but I cna already say that TMP improved, and A LOT

Now it's starting to be worth the price

I am really on the fence about purchasing this body. I tried the demo and I think it's such a beautiful body. I wear Maitreya now and also have Slink Physique. TMP Legacy is by far the most beautiful mesh body I have seen. I did try Belleza but found it to be kind of, how should I say this, clunky looking. The deformer now comes with the demo but I was unsuccessful at getting it to work. Sighs. I would definitely purchase this body if only I could be sure clothes would fit properly and/or if designers started making tons of clothes for it. I remember when I first switched to mesh and how frustrated and upset I would get at getting clothes to fit or tweaking the body, not eager to go through all that again, lol.

Just now, CaraTriple said:

I am really on the fence about purchasing this body. I tried the demo and I think it's such a beautiful body. I wear Maitreya now and also have Slink Physique. TMP Legacy is by far the most beautiful mesh body I have seen. I did try Belleza but found it to be kind of, how should I say this, clunky looking. The deformer now comes with the demo but I was unsuccessful at getting it to work. Sighs. I would definitely purchase this body if only I could be sure clothes would fit properly and/or if designers started making tons of clothes for it. I remember when I first switched to mesh and how frustrated and upset I would get at getting clothes to fit or tweaking the body, not eager to go through all that again, lol.

Well you're in luck, there are a tonne of designers that rig for this body. xD

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaraTriple said:

As HALEBORE said, there are lots of designers now working on LEGACY clothes and already lots out on sale. The best way to make the deformerS work is for example to wear your dress normally, wait a few sec, then ADD the upper deformer thne the lower deformer. If you're standard sized it'll work on about 90 % of the clothes LEGACY can deform (Maitreya, belleza, etc). For some, like if you buy Maitreya and wear Maitreya too, you'll have to use your alpha layer hud as lots of clothes are originally BADLY made EVEN for their own reference brand

• Thanks 1

Wait...

"Legacy" is a TMP body?

I've been seeing "Legacy" on some things for sale recently and just assumed that meant the SL default 2003 era body.

How the heck does anyone name something NEW... Legacy? And think that's a good branding idea?

EDIT: I've replied to this thread before, and I still didn't make the connection because that name is so... forgettable. Give it a week and I will forget again.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

Just now, Pussycat Catnap said:

Wait...

"Legacy" is a TMP body?

I've been seeing "Legacy" on some things for sale recently and just assumed that meant the SL default 2003 era body.

How the heck does anyone name something NEW... Legacy? And think that's a good branding idea?

Ask the people who run the company.

6 hours ago, CaraTriple said:

I'm a long time Maitreya user myself and was hoping I would be able to use my huge library of maitreya clothes with the new Legacy but haven't had much luck with the deformers. I haven't played around too much but it seems like it basically turns the body into a maitreya shape to make clothes fit, different than the Legacy shape. The Maitreya shoes all work great though except for taller boots. The good news is that there are tons of new things coming out for it, enough where I've stopped using my maitreya body and can focus on using Legacy exclusively. It's definitely a waste with the amount i've spent on maitreya clothes but a lot of this stuff was old and stale anyway, the nice thing with starting over with the Legacy is everything is the latest style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.