TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Killer Perhaps said:

Don't give them your money. It is the same group of people, waste of L. Some aspects of the body may be better like materials and their layering, but they aren't worth funding as a designer. 

This is bad advice at best, outright malicious at worst. Who are you to determine someone else's value over anything? People interested in the product should read the entire thread, grab a demo and put it through its paces, test and retest and test some more then take what others have said and combined it with their own first-hand personal experience, then, they alone, should determine value to worth ratio as they see fit for themselves. As is always the case in SL (and often in FL): Caveat Emptor. If the "risk" is worth it to someone then it is not your responsibility to attempt talking them out of that risk.

There also always is the possibility that the brand could be under new management or even learned the err of their previous ways. If your own experience leaves a sour taste in your mouth, it's okay to express that to others, but it's outright ignorant and rude to press your opinion onto others as though it is law.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just for those who might be fretting (I know some do) because they can't afford the Legacy body just yet, I discovered something a short while ago and thought I'd share it.

Complexity is a little higher than Maitreya (it's all those blasted pollywaffle thingames) - but not overly so when you look at the body and see why it's becoming so popular - it's very smooth, very feminine and just so many things I don't have adjectives for.

Without hair, clothes or shoes, Legacy complexity is 23,764 - a little less than wearing Maitreya with hair, clothes and shoes (depending on said hair, clothes and shoes, ofc) and any bento head you like - I just happened to be wearing Catwa at the time.

Although I'm still very glad I bought the body (I seriously find it difficult not wasting time staring at it), I've only just discovered that the few shapes I've so far made specifically for Legacy, can also be worn on Maitreya, which is great for those who really can't afford to buy a Legacy body - and let's be honest - the Legacy body is beautiful, but not an essential item, so there's no need for anyone to fret if they can't afford it.

Here's a quick comparison pic (same head, same hair, same skin, same shape, same clothes); about the only difference to the naked eye is really the clavicle area (higher on Maitreya) and the quality of skin texture (clearer/richer/smoother on Legacy). Although there's more differences to be seen without clothes on - things are more clearly defined and much smoother on Legacy.

709735596_LegacyvsMaitreya.thumb.jpg.86db6906dbaf9d747c635f5868927341.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

There hasn't been a single step along the way with the Legacy body - from demo to purchase to wearing regularly - where I've felt I needed any sort of customer assistance; everything just works perfectly. 

So delighted that I can wear non-Legacy clothes (thanks to the deformers) but also happy to see many clothes and skin creators now including Legacy sizing and body appliers.

In the meantime, for those who feel like they're missing out - it's really just an aesthetic thing; as far as functionality goes, Maitreya still fits the bill and still looks lovely, so fret not!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally got it, but I also kept the rest of my previous bodies I own. This is how I see it, I have all these bodies. A for blogging, and B depending on what mood I'm in, is what body I  will wear. And with having more then one body available, that allows me to be able to expand my multiple facets of my personality. That and it's much easier than having to make different shapes for the same body, just for the same effect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I finally got it, but I also kept the rest of my previous bodies I own. This is how I see it, I have all these bodies. A for blogging, and B depending on what mood I'm in, is what body I  will wear. And with having more then one body available, that allows me to be able to expand my multiple facets of my personality. That and it's much easier than having to make different shapes for the same body, just for the same effect.

Congrats on getting Legacy. I agree with you about choices. Can never be too many, right? haha

I am on the wagon of not being very trusting of this company, as I had a run-in with their bad customer service prior.. but I figured i'd.. give it another try. I was not very sold on their "try" at customer service on their MP replies to reviews, but I guess I will see for myself.

I love the shape of the body. Was it worth 5k? Mmm.. I mean, I got it and it's pretty, but I can't say I an 100% satisfied with that price at all.

I like the deformers, although I feel they negate the "look" of the body. Your shape completely changes in instances I have tried. Limbs mostly just seem to slim down. I will have to find some clothing fit for the body and see how they look.

One thing I am not liking so far is this whole "style" system they have for their appliers. I have worked with appliers for Maitreya and Belleza. Easy. This.. I may as well be trying to read pig latin. I am trying to make my own skin but oh my god I just cannot figure it out for the life of me. Can this even be made using a prim you simply click on? I have never made a HUD. If anybody has managed this and could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Found a video that explained it. Hopefully we'll get a version that doesn't require you to fill everything out.

Edited by RitaCallisto

15 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is bad advice at best, outright malicious at worst. Who are you to determine someone else's value over anything? People interested in the product should read the entire thread, grab a demo and put it through its paces, test and retest and test some more then take what others have said and combined it with their own first-hand personal experience, then, they alone, should determine value to worth ratio as they see fit for themselves. As is always the case in SL (and often in FL): Caveat Emptor. If the "risk" is worth it to someone then it is not your responsibility to attempt talking them out of that risk.

There also always is the possibility that the brand could be under new management or even learned the err of their previous ways. If your own experience leaves a sour taste in your mouth, it's okay to express that to others, but it's outright ignorant and rude to press your opinion onto others as though it is law.

Except I have  dealt with management team since they were The Shops with just skins years ago, it's the same people and same skins. What has annoyed me personally is on their website they say they won't restrict who gets developer (mesh) kits, and in the included NC with the body say its free to anyone. However, they do restrict it based on how much items you have listed in your store, same thing old management did. This should be posted somewhere on their kit request page, so hopeful creators do not waste 5k only to find out they can't get a kit after all. If you do not have whatever amount of items, they wouldn't tell me, then they label you a "hobbyist" saying you need to wait for the Personal kits, which they have no set release date,  and it doesn't make sense how those kits would be different anyway, a rig is a rig. This was an issue with the last body, and they didn't release kits to the public until the body was irrelevant. To me, this is a red flag for now from a "creators" perspective. If you don't create or don't care about fresh creators, this may not matter to you. To me, it proves they still lie, and manage the same. 

Quote from their included NC: "Legacy is supported by the community. To help speed up new content, we need your support! Kindly ask your favorite designer to request a free kit. Legacy is open to anyone who is interested!" Direct quote from Website "Mesh Kits are free to anyone! Because we are not restricting who gets the kit, and because of the time we spent on perfecting our unique weights and mannequin shape (over three years), to acquire meshtools you will need to sign the kit license agreement with your real name."

They were also asked to add omega, in fact it was a top request when they took a survey where they could improve.. they did not. Granted this is based on the hopes that BoM takes off, but even they say appliers are better. Nothing has proven to me they learned anything at all, nothing has changed. So I personally wouldn't recommend it (for now), as they still do not have my trust. The materials and mesh are amazing, I will give the body that. Its material setup allows for some interesting effects, hopefully other bodies add this feature too. There is not a lot of clothing out for it just yet, and it's not a good body for anyone looking to start creating. I think people looking at bodies should take that in consideration before buying one twice the price of other bodies. Their history and how they operate as a team should be kept in mind before a purchase. My "malice" has reason, and years of history dealing with them. I won't have sympathy when their kit is spread like wildfire the same way as Maitreya Lara's.

Belleza is probably the most deserving for support and purchases.  In the end it comes down to the consumer though.
I'll also add, no where did I say my opinion about purchasing the body was law. If they want to, go for it. I rather people are aware of who they support first. The company has a bad history, and in my opinion hasn't shown any change thus far. I wasn't meaning to offend anyone with my stance, I hate hearing every few years "managements changed" yet they don't. 

(Edited for late night typos)

Edited by Killer Perhaps
  • Like 1

I am reading that TMP now wants you to give them your photo, ID and real name just to get a creator kit? Nope, no thanks. This mesh body stuff is getting ridiculous. If you want to make/sell clothing on the second life market now, you are expected to cater to the mesh body creators, and be at their will & mercy. Now, they want your personal info as well. Why not ask for people's souls too? And really, it is ridiculous to spend hours fitting & rigging a pair of pants for 20 different bodies..most of which look practically identical. This really stifles the desire to create clothing. I wish there was a default Second Life mesh body that looked decent enough that we don't have to deal with all this. It makes me want to emigrate to Sansar as soon as they finish their default avatars, I really like how the clothing there can use physics to fit all avatars shapes.

Edited by French Couturier

4 hours ago, French Couturier said:

I am reading that TMP now wants you to give them your photo, ID and real name just to get a creator kit? Nope, no thanks. This mesh body stuff is getting ridiculous. If you want to make/sell clothing on the second life market now, you are expected to cater to the mesh body creators, and be at their will & mercy. Now, they want your personal info as well. Why not ask for people's souls too? And really, it is ridiculous to spend hours fitting & rigging a pair of pants for 20 different bodies..most of which look practically identical. This really stifles the desire to create clothing. I wish there was a default Second Life mesh body that looked decent enough that we don't have to deal with all this. It makes me want to emigrate to Sansar as soon as they finish their default avatars, I really like how the clothing there can use physics to fit all avatars shapes.

I feel as though this will cost them momentum. They were doing well for a while there, too.

7 hours ago, Killer Perhaps said:

Except I have  dealt with management team since they were The Shops with just skins years ago, it's the same people and same skins.

You can back-peddle on your OC all you want, I stand my my statement about it.

So how do you navigate the store?  I went to try a demo but was dumped in a white room with several other people.  I got two IM's while there asking me where the body was.  One of them had found the shapes but not the body.  I never got out of the first room :(  I did see the big sign saying click here to start but nothing started.

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So how do you navigate the store?  I went to try a demo but was dumped in a white room with several other people.  I got two IM's while there asking me where the body was.  One of them had found the shapes but not the body.  I never got out of the first room :(  I did see the big sign saying click here to start but nothing started.

The TMP store sure is an adventure. It's practically part of the SL legendarium at this point for how difficult it is to use.

The idea is that you accept the experience that should pop up after clicking the sign, which makes it a little easier. If that doesn't pop up they're probably experiencing troubles.

(you can also cam around until you find the vendors - or just get the demo from marketplace, which is faaaaar preferrable)

Edited by Cinos Field

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

To navigate the store, requires something few SL residents seem able to do - the ability and inclination to read. It's almost like following a story in 3D - just watch the words on the wall and eventually, you'll see the 'Buy Now' sign.

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Well, stuck in a room with some other people all asking WTF is going on and clicking on a wall that says Click Here over and over just seems to me like they don't want to really sell me a copy.  

Guess I'll try again after the restarts.  Maybe that will kick the place in gear again.

I just went on MP and grabbed a demo.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Try-On-LEGACY-The-Ultimate-Meshbody-All-New-Next-Generation-Hyper-Real-HD-SL-UV-Closet-Compatible-Bento/17495698

There you go, now you don't have to hurt your eyes at the sim. Lol

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

To navigate the store, requires something few SL residents seem able to do - the ability and inclination to read. It's almost like following a story in 3D - just watch the words on the wall and eventually, you'll see the 'Buy Now' sign.

Yes, this. it's the same with you pay your $20 to see a movie that starts at 7PM and are forced to sit through 35 Minutes of previews before the one you came to see actually starts.

TMP: Worst. Shopping. Experience. Ever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, this. it's the same with you pay your $20 to see a movie that starts at 7PM and are forced to sit through 35 Minutes of previews before the one you came to see actually starts.

I totally read that like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons. At least the last bit xD

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Thank you!

I don't know why I didn't think to look. 

Yeah I can't stand their whole experience thing, so when they put the demos and full versions on MP. I went there to purchase it. I didn't want to have an experience take up my whole screen and have to use that to be able to utilize the vendor boards.

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Well, stuck in a room with some other people all asking WTF is going on and clicking on a wall that says Click Here over and over just seems to me like they don't want to really sell me a copy.  

Guess I'll try again after the restarts.  Maybe that will kick the place in gear again.

Oh believe me, I feel your pain...been there, tantrum'd that haha. But yes, sometimes lag and other stuff seem to affect it.

20 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It definitely won't win 'Shopping Experience of the Year'.

Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Oh believe me, I feel your pain...been there, tantrum'd that haha. But yes, sometimes lag and other stuff seem to affect it.

I just did it on MP, it was so much easier and less of an eye sore. Lol. That and I could have my demo at home, and not have to stay in the store and try it out. So it was a win win in my eyes. xD

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

I just did it on MP, it was so much easier and less of an eye sore. Lol. That and I could have my demo at home, and not have to stay in the store and try it out. So it was a win win in my eyes. xD

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt! Don't tell me it's on the MP - after all that aggro?????????!!!!! *SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.