TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Can someone please enlighten me how that thing is supposed to work? Once a deformer alternates your bone strutcure the fitmesh body will adapt to that. You know what also follows your bone structure? Rigged mesh clothing. So a bone deformer should end up shifting both your cloth and body in the same direction, right?. 

you can try some enhancer for yourself.  It can enlighten you.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/186228

On 4/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, BrooklynnC said:

Doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to hide a broken feature. Perhaps it's just a strategy to make you purchase the body. I'm sure it's not flawless because then they'd be bragging about it in the demo folder but I feel like people should try and be more optimistic. Are we going to hold on to our Maitreya bodies for the rest of Second Life's existence?

It's a new and interesting approach. People complain about the price but if this body allows you to wear clothing that aren't specifically designed for the body you're wearing then maybe that L$5,000 isn't so bad after all.

I guess by this topics estimation I am utterly foolish because I did spend 5k on the new legacy body after demoing it. I have every body except for slink as I dont like the lack of realistic feminine curves and other unmentionables, and in my opinon the new Legacy body is hyper realistic and beautiful, the best body currently available. I frequently use Lara and Freya sometimes Isis and love those bodies but the default skin, shape, and realistic butt/genital area are superior. This will be my primary body from here forward and I'm  estatic to see already a number of high quality creators supporting it. I have the cutest shorts from Spirit and the sexiest top from Nerido that pair with an old pair of heels that make me a stunner when I go out.

I did have the old tmp and agree with the crapshow that was for support and reliability and and trust but I love SL and want the best playing experience and am willing to invest in another run with this company for my playing  pleasure and am tremendously happy I gave it another go.

Hate the company, hate the past treatment, hate the money spent, but try a demo and see if YOU look and feel better in a body you find the most appealing SL has seen in 15 years. I want reaslism and fun and this body has already given me more of that and is already worth double the pricepoint even if it flops, which given the high quality I discovered for myself, I doubt. If you hate it, only your time is lost, but if you love it more than any body you've ever worn like me, you'll be glad you did.

Edited by Shandi Varriale

24 minutes ago, Shandi Varriale said:

I guess by this topics estimation I am utterly foolish because I did spend 5k on the new legacy body after demoing it. I have every body except for slink as I dont like the lack of realistic feminine curves and other unmentionables, and in my opinon the new Legacy body is hyper realistic and beautiful, the best body currently available. I frequently use Lara and Freya sometimes Isis and love those bodies but the default skin, shape, and realistic butt/genital area are superior. This will be my primary body from here forward and I'm  estatic to see already a number of high quality creators supporting it. I have the cutest shorts from Spirit and the sexiest top from Nerido that pair with an old pair of heels that make me a stunner when I go out.

I did have the old tmp and agree with the crapshow that was for support and reliability and and trust but I love SL and want the best playing experience and am willing to invest in another run with this company for my playing  pleasure and am tremendously happy I gave it another go.

Hate the company, hate the past treatment, hate the money spent, but try a demo and see if YOU look and feel better in a body you find the most appealing SL has seen in 15 years. I want reaslism and fun and this body has already given me more of that and is already worth double the pricepoint even if it flops, which given the high quality I discovered for myself, I doubt. If you hate it, only your time is lost, but if you love it more than any body you've ever worn like me, you'll be glad you did.

I think I will just stick with my Isis and Freya, I am not looking for realism. I am just looking for a good body, which both Isis and Freya provide.

9 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I’m just surprised people are really giving them a shot again considering their track record and odd business practices. I guess being successful in SL really does come down to advertising and people having short memories.

I'm not, it's something new and shiny. They must have it, it's like the people who dole out 1k for an Apple computer monitor stand, and think it's neat. Humans will do that and have done that, since the dawn of time. It's natural human behaviour, just think. When we discovered fire, how excited we were, and then the rest of us did. Everyone had a fire. When TVs and Radios came out, the same thing. Everyone had to have them, this is nothing new. This is something ingrained into us, kinda like Magpies. 

57 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

When TVs and Radios came out, the same thing. Everyone had to have them, this is nothing new.

But this is more like TV's coming out so someone sells a flip board with a guy to draw the pictures you would normally get if you had a working TV.

• Haha 4

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

But this is more like TV's coming out so someone sells a flip board with a guy to draw the pictures you would normally get if you had a working TV.

Yeah, that is a very good point, but meh. When a new body comes out, everyone will be flocking for that new body. TMP will be left in the dust. 

14 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

It’s kind of body overload at this point though. I could see if it were body that was truly something special....but this? Really? How many people besides the shills that pop in here to bump the topic really believe that?

Based on the fact that I still see close to none of them in-world, I'd say it's not that many people or they all group up somewhere and don't go anywhere else. Even on new events/fairs there's almost zero of people using new (or old, if that matters) TMP bodies.

I think they did tick wrong boxes on far too many things, so it just can't be any different.

2x the price of all other established bodies, because... reasons, apparently? That already would be enough to push all non impulsive customers away, a few minutes of research and yep, it looks like (and is) a bad deal, if someone just wants a mesh body. Awful reputation/close to zero support/awful web-based hud that'll stop working whenever they pull the plug. Those all big enough reasons to scare people who already had enough of SL experience, especially with mesh body parts and know the market at least a bit.

Only normal cases of why someone would get it that I can think of are: "oh a new toy. why not?" from people who don't really care about money and like to try new things anyway. Which is pretty legit, I guess, to each their own. Other people enjoy flushing tens of thousands of L$ on gachas instead. And ones who actually fell for their PR campaign at the release. There were quite a few big names posting about "how awesome it is". Which did remind me their last push to sell the old one at the full price, which was on MBA fair (so summer 2016 I think? maybe summer 2017), when they finally started to handle their dev kits freely, but it was at least 2 years too late at this point. Next step after years of silence was selling it for 500L$ instead of 5k. We'll see if it all will repeat with this "new" one.

I should follow up after trying all the features of Legacy this weekend. The body proves to me that its worth a mere 20$ ish dollars, to me. With the deformers I can wear all my lara shoes, most tops, and even a lot of the shorts look good with some small gaps. Pants fit great - I was blown away with this feature. The default skin with bump and shine options is the best I've seen in sl period. Those who do not care about realism it may not be worth it to you, but those who have guys or partners who are visual may appreciate it. My partners are amazed and love my new body over any of the others I've ever owned. The shape is absolutely remarkably gorgeous.

As I read through this forum I wonder how many have unbiasedly tried the new body. I too experienced what many have with the poor customer serivce but gave them another chance, not from the goodness of my heart, but because I wanted a better body and skin then Lara and Belleza curently offers. To me Belleza is superior to Lara if you're into realism, and I  wont go into why I think that, and Legacy is one of those bodies that I can't wait to RP in as it adds so much more in emotional and fun value just by the visual superiority alone.

Right now no one makes a bikini for Legacy that I can find so if I want to go to the beach in one I either put Isis back on or use the deformers to wear a lara bikin, which wont fit perfect but close enough to be surprising. I suspect, if they continue to support the product they'll improve the deformers to near perfect - I  hope so but even if they dont suppprt or improve anything further I'm happy with the 1.1 release. What makes me even more happy  is the fact that all the best and most talented creator's are creating for it right now: candy doll, addams, blueberry, nerido, spirit, amd many more.

If I do go to the beach in my Legacy body, nude, if the sim promotes such attire, or bikini clad, I will most likely be the most attractive avatar on the beach without exception. For me, it's  fun and  important and why I play. Other's may not give a fig about that sort of thing. To each....you know the saying

So those with doubts and grudges, those with tight purses, those who dont care about realism, please have fun with your old bodies and continue to discourage everyone who bends ear to your dissatisfactions, warranted or not. I and my friends and others I've seen on the grid wearing Legacy will be gleefully frockling along in our sexy fun photo ready new mesh turning heads and eliciting wonder.

Say what you want about me or Legacy but I dont care what anyone thinks, and Legacy will continue to be progressive, where it dies or not. I just came to share with any open minded readers a contrary and perhaps controversial opinion that may get them to at least try it out. If they try it out they may feel about it the way I do which can help fuel creator's like maitreya to at least update their bodies more frequently or other healthy competition, benefitting us frequent buyers.

I'm not affiliated in any way, and I wish the Legacy team would read all these complaints and assuage and address them professionally, make things right with discounts and promotions. They would be wise to listen this time because obviously many many eyes are watching and waiting

2 minutes ago, Shandi Varriale said:

I should follow up after trying all the features of Legacy this weekend. The body proves to me that its worth a mere 20$ ish dollars, to me. With the deformers I can wear all my lara shoes, most tops, and even a lot of the shorts look good with some small gaps. Pants fit great - I was blown away with this feature. The default skin with bump and shine options is the best I've seen in sl period. Those who do not care about realism it may not be worth it to you, but those who have guys or partners who are visual may appreciate it. My partners are amazed and love my new body over any of the others I've ever owned. The shape is absolutely remarkably gorgeous.

As I read through this forum I wonder how many have unbiasedly tried the new body. I too experienced what many have with the poor customer serivce but gave them another chance, not from the goodness of my heart, but because I wanted a better body and skin then Lara and Belleza curently offers. To me Belleza is superior to Lara if you're into realism, and I  wont go into why I think that, and Legacy is one of those bodies that I can't wait to RP in as it adds so much more in emotional and fun value just by the visual superiority alone.

Right now no one makes a bikini for Legacy that I can find so if I want to go to the beach in one I either put Isis back on or use the deformers to wear a lara bikin, which wont fit perfect but close enough to be surprising. I suspect, if they continue to support the product they'll improve the deformers to near perfect - I  hope so but even if they dont suppprt or improve anything further I'm happy with the 1.1 release. What makes me even more happy  is the fact that all the best and most talented creator's are creating for it right now: candy doll, addams, blueberry, nerido, spirit, amd many more.

If I do go to the beach in my Legacy body, nude, if the sim promotes such attire, or bikini clad, I will most likely be the most attractive avatar on the beach without exception. For me, it's  fun and  important and why I play. Other's may not give a fig about that sort of thing. To each....you know the saying

So those with doubts and grudges, those with tight purses, those who dont care about realism, please have fun with your old bodies and continue to discourage everyone who bends ear to your dissatisfactions, warranted or not. I and my friends and others I've seen on the grid wearing Legacy will be gleefully frockling along in our sexy fun photo ready new mesh turning heads and eliciting wonder.

Say what you want about me or Legacy but I dont care what anyone thinks, and Legacy will continue to be progressive, where it dies or not. I just came to share with any open minded readers a contrary and perhaps controversial opinion that may get them to at least try it out. If they try it out they may feel about it the way I do which can help fuel creator's like maitreya to at least update their bodies more frequently or other healthy competition, benefitting us frequent buyers.

I'm not affiliated in any way, and I wish the Legacy team would read all these complaints and assuage and address them professionally, make things right with discounts and promotions. They would be wise to listen this time because obviously many many eyes are watching and waiting

Interesting. There is no one needed to have acceptance or recognition by other for whatever they did, except offensive to other. Forums are always full of bias and subjective. It is a place for expression freely. I still remember when I made bad comment about Warcraft in their forum, I got 40 men raid to chop me into pieces there. 

@Shandi Varriale Most people who you say that are biased against the body, are for one reason. They are pretty peeved with the fact that they waited so long for an update for their previous TMP body, and then 6 years later. That update coming as a "new" body that cost twice that, than what other bodies cost. if they want to actually get any business, they need to lower the price to a more reasonable one, and actually allow us to demo the thing at home, and get rid of that experience its. I want to see an actual body in the store, not have to experience. That all being said, I will not be buying that body. I like the bodies that I have already, I am not looking for realism or "Better" skin. Which that is very subjective btw, actually saying that one body is the best body, is subjective too.  But yeah, I won't be dropping 20usd on a body, it's just not worth 20usd to me. It's great that you got the body, and I am totally happy that you are happy. But why do people in forums, use subjective terms in these forums, to try and make us feel bad, for not having the body. Look I like my Belleza Freya and Isis, I dropped Maitreya all together. Not really a big fan for certain reasons. But I don't see a reason to drop another 5k on a body, that I will probably just let collect dust. 

Edited by halebore Aeon

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

@Shandi Varriale Most people who you say that are biased against the body, are for one reason. They are pretty peeved with the fact that they waited so long for an update for their previous TMP body, and then 6 years later. That update coming as a "new" body that cost twice that, than what other bodies cost. if they want to actually get any business, they need to lower the price to a more reasonable one, and actually allow us to demo the thing at home, and get rid of that experience. I want to see an actual body in the store, not have to experience. That all being said, I will not be buying that body. I like the bodies that I have already, I am not looking for realism or "Better" skin. Which that is very subjective btw, actually saying that one body is the best body, is subjective too.  But yeah, I won't be dropping 20usd on a body, it's just not worth 20usd to me.

Sure, TMP mighty were powerful enough to generate so much angry :D  

4 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Quick question: Does the TMP body still have a demo that doesn’t allow you to test all of its features?

Also, and this might be a little salient: Do the deformers work 100% of the time?

One of my friends got this body and the deformer doesn't work 100% all the time.   Which is why they should allow people to demo it.  As for skins, the ones she used and uploaded before the new body came out, she can use those, but can't add anymore.  Unless of course they are made specifically for the legacy body.   For some of her skins she uses the skins that comes with the body and she does get a pretty good match sometimes.  Otherwise she just wears a choker and that seems to fix the problem and I can't even tell that the skin is not from the same maker.

I can admit that I am tempted to buy this body,  I just love the shape of it and you can resize the feet.  I have the older classic one and got the bento hands for it when they had the update for free.   And sometimes I do put it on and run around naked and admire my shape and little feet.  I can't get the same shape with belleza or maitreya and I have tried.   But not being able to demo the deformer is a big negative for me.  I don't even really care about the cost or the fact it is not omega as I don't really use tattoos or other appliers on my body other than just skin.  I am more a**** retentive about my  mesh heads and having omega for those.

Picking a body is a personal choice and people shouldn't feel bad or be made to feel bad because they choose to go with what is controversial.  And people shouldn't be made to feel bad because they don't want to try the legacy body or post about their negative experience with it.  Every body out there for sale is unique and people have their own reasons why they go with a certain body.  Not for me to judge that your reasons are right or wrong.

Edited by karynmaria

31 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I don't even really care about the cost or the fact it is not omega as I don't really use tattoos or other appliers on my body other than just skin.  I am more a**** retentive about my  mesh heads and having omega for those. 

Not having Omega for me, was the biggest thing to not get the body. That and the price, I paid half that for all of the bodies I owned.

32 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Picking a body is a personal choice and people shouldn't feel bad or be made to feel bad because they choose to go with what is controversial.  And people shouldn't be made to feel bad because they don't want to try the legacy body or post about their negative experience with it. 

But here is the thing, you will always have people telling you that we are being biased or that we are missing out on something. Which I say, good for you. You gotta body you like, now enjoy it and stop making me feel bad for what I wear. This was the same case if people were exclusively Maitreya. You would have people who primarily wore, Freya and Hourglass attacking those people, for not wearing the body they liked. Jeez, you see it with people who don't want to change from system to mesh. I say live and let live, let them enjoy their body and you enjoy your body. It's really no one's place to say if what you are wearing is wrong or right. If you are happy, then that's fine. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, steeljane42 said:

Only normal cases of why someone would get it that I can think of are: "oh a new toy. why not?" from people who don't really care about money and like to try new things anyway. Which is pretty legit, I guess, to each their own. Other people enjoy flushing tens of thousands of L$ on gachas instead. And ones who actually fell for their PR campaign at the release. There were quite a few big names posting about "how awesome it is". Which did remind me their last push to sell the old one at the full price, which was on MBA fair (so summer 2016 I think? maybe summer 2017), when they finally started to handle their dev kits freely, but it was at least 2 years too late at this point. Next step after years of silence was selling it for 500L$ instead of 5k. We'll see if it all will repeat with this "new" one.

Interestingly enough, it's already getting a lot of support from clothing makers. Some time ago, there was a RL clothing store whose motto was, "An educated consumer is our best customer." Since they went out of business it looks like they were mistaken in that.

Clearly, they should have said, "Someone who is willing to drop more-than-market amounts of money on things that they don't need and can't properly evaluate before they buy is our best customer."

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Clearly, they should have said, "Someone who is willing to drop more-than-market amounts of money on things that they don't need and can't properly evaluate before they buy is our best customer." 

Kinda like Apple. Lol.

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Interestingly enough, it's already getting a lot of support from clothing makers.

It is simple. People who can afford TMP, shop a lot. They have money to spend on a new wardrobe. If big stores like Blueberry update some of their bestsellers like jeans and boots, then the customers can get a re-delivery and have the Legacy size.

I wonder of it will be like the Genus head. Every release I really like now, upon looking at the ad, I mutter: "Harumph, another Genus applier".

The real downside (for me) will be if it pops up brands that make Legacy only size. I have had a comfortable life with Maitreya.

Edited by Marianne Little
grammar + a sentence
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wonder of it will be like the Genus head. Every release I really like now, upon looking at the ad, I mutter: "Harumph, another Genus applier".

The real downside (for me) will be if it pops up brands that make Legacy only size. I have had a comfortable life with Maitreya.

I really hope it doesn’t become like Genus. I love my Genus heads, but it’s like many of the skin makers have forgotten about all the other brands.

I think there are too many downsides to the Legacy body for it to ever become as popular as Maitreya. At least I hope so, since I will never buy the Legacy.

1 minute ago, Eva Knoller said:

At least I hope so, since I will never buy the Legacy.

I have bought worse things in SL than that... I think.

I had the old one. I loved the look of it, but hated the HUD with a passion. I think, some creators can make so pretty things that it's possible to ignore all the crazy things with it (No Omega! No support! That HUD!). I know I could buy it in a moment of weakness, but the annoying things would creep up on me. I would hate it after a while. Sigh.

I should not demo it.

1. With the current price, it is at, it will probably never top Maitreya in Sales.

2. There will be a handful of creators that absolutely won't make for that body, and will stay with body or bodies they are working on.

3. I think right now, there are like 4-6 creators for the "new and improved" TMP body. I think it will mainly stay with those bigger creators.

4. Like most new things, the hype will die down, and you will start seeing everybody creators getting back to their normal routine.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.