TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don’t think it’s so much people that shop a lot would buy it. I shop a lot, not buying it. It’s not even so much of a “Its new, I want it!” thing. I wasn’t interested in the original body either, pretty much for the same reasons too.

Its fascinating to watch this whole thing play out though. Like a train wreck in slow motion.

17 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I don’t think it’s so much people that shop a lot would buy it. I shop a lot, not buying it. It’s not even so much of a “Its new, I want it!” thing. I wasn’t interested in the original body either, pretty much for the same reasons too.

Its fascinating to watch this whole thing play out though. Like a train wreck in slow motion.

I find it interesting, that throughout this whole thread. That there have been people, trying to sell the body to people who have clearly stated that they never wanted it. Then when you tell them, that you don't want it. They get mad and tell you that you are just being stingy, or my favourite one was someone assuming all of our financial situations. Look I could care less if you own whatever body, that is your avatar your business.

37 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I find it interesting, that throughout this whole thread. That there have been people, trying to sell the body to people who have clearly stated that they never wanted it. Then when you tell them, that you don't want it. They get mad and tell you that you are just being stingy, or my favourite one was someone assuming all of our financial situations. Look I could care less if you own whatever body, that is your avatar your business.

That gets me too, along with the “....you don’t like it because you’re poor!” and “I look better than everybody else because I’m wearing it!” I’m paraphrasing, but it’s like high school. But....the Jawbreaker version of high school that never existed.

4 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

That gets me too, along with the “.....”I look better than everybody else because I’m wearing it!”..... 

This part makes me laugh... maybe I am just so laser focused on heads that a just don’t notice bodies all that much. I mean.. all of the bodies look like supermodels or playboy bunnies. How much difference can there really be?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eva Knoller said:

This part makes me laugh... maybe I am just so laser focused on heads that a just don’t notice bodies all that much. I mean.. all of the bodies look like supermodels or playboy bunnies. How much difference can there really be?

It’s a nice looking body, I can admit that. It’s just everything else about it....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

It’s a nice looking body, I can admit that. It’s just everything else about it....

I don't know, it's just that people tend to use phrases that are very subjective. You see it a lot, oh this is the best body, well that is what you think. Other people will think differently. Or I will be the prettiest one on this virtual beach. Yes, but again that is subjective. Some people may find this person attractive, but everyone has their own preferences on what they are looking for.

However, when you say it's nice looking. I can take any mesh body, and make it look just as nice. With the right skin, and the right shape. There are some amazing skin creators in SL, that make better-looking skins, than the default skins on any body.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

That gets me too, along with the “....you don’t like it because you’re poor!” and “I look better than everybody else because I’m wearing it!” I’m paraphrasing, but it’s like high school. But....the Jawbreaker version of high school that never existed.

You are right, I do feel like I am back in high school again. Especially when you have people telling you, that you should get this body and this shape.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

You are right, I do feel like I am back in high school again. Especially when you have people telling you, that you should get this body and this shape.

It’s been like that since I’ve been here. It just hasn’t been with this particular body.

2 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

1. With the current price, it is at, it will probably never top Maitreya in Sales.

2. There will be a handful of creators that absolutely won't make for that body, and will stay with body or bodies they are working on.

3. I think right now, there are like 4-6 creators for the "new and improved" TMP body. I think it will mainly stay with those bigger creators.

4. Like most new things, the hype will die down, and you will start seeing everybody creators getting back to their normal routine.

Yes. But there are big brands already selling it. They are a powerful drive. Will other, competing brands dare to leave it out?

I hope it's too late for them to top Maitreya. I hope. Maybe it will be some elitist body. "If you have to ask about the price, you can't afford it".

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes. But there are big brands already selling it. They are a powerful drive. Will other, competing brands dare to leave it out?

I hope it's too late for them to top Maitreya. I hope. Maybe it will be some elitist body. "If you have to ask about the price, you can't afford it".

They are not going to top even belleza or hourglass with it. Not with 5k price tag and no omega support, a bit of clothing support won't do it, even a lot of clothing support won't do it.

Even going by simple traffic numbers. Maitreya's store has 12-16k on average, belleza's 7-9k, slink's 4-6k, tmp's 1-2k. And that's with the fact that you can only demo it there, which forces anyone who want to give demo a try to stand there like an idiot with changed camera angle (thanks to "awesome" experience), instead of picking a demo and checking it at their home or any other spot they might like, thus boosting traffic numbers.

Now waiting until someone "totally not affiliated in any way" will show up and tell me it's because "legacy body is that awesome, so even one a few seconds of demo time is enough for everyone to decide and buy it, while all those other stores have a lot of hesitating people who can't decide for hours if they like it or not".

---

And yeah, I shop a lot too. I check majority of monthly events, keep up with releases from my favorite creators, discover new ones when and where I can and all that. But clearly I must be lacking "whole 20$" to not being able to afford one. Poor poor me. And if it's not the case, then I just have a bad taste and look awful compared to our "new overlords" with this revolutionary product.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

a bit of clothing support won't do it,

This also.

The big brands supporting it now can do so because they have the resources (time and labor) - I wouldn't be at all surprised that they do it as a first-mover strategy, which is basic business 101: get there first and you'll sell more than your competition for the very reason you are there first; it's a sales loss-leader. And by supporting it, you now gain the reputation as being even bigger, better with the other brands because you are *so good* that you support all of them, so you MUST be awesome, right?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Hi friends!

So as someone that bought TMP forever ago, I'm pretty mad at them as a business still for at least not explaining why they let the SL community down. That being said, I still invested in this body with full awareness of the problems it may present. Visually, it's an amazing body. Functionally, the only real issue is the HUD and the lack of omega support. Granted, if they really want to settle on some dumb system, they did it better than they did last time. It isn't half as invasive on my screen as it was the first go around, and with their anticipating baked on mesh, omega support will (hopefully) be a non-issue in this case.

I sincerely hope they dominate Maitreya on the market, because I've been ready for Maitreya to hit the side line since the coming of Maitreya Exclusives. Fellow Belleza stans, hello! I wear Maitreya for some of my RP characters, but I do not like feeling like the lower half of my body was made out of silly puddy, and I love Belleza but I'm often stunted in some aesthetic pursuits because it's lacking support, so I have to switch bodies from the one I prefer often times.. Resulting in me spending over a day working on outfits, switching bodies, etc to create characters on top of the writing aspect. So if Legacy because the new "It" body, I'm super okay with that on a visual standpoint. But I also respect that no one is going to willingly give TMP their trust until they've proven themselves good for their word in time. So, hopefully, really really hoping they do prove the community wrong. Even though I'm on the side that doesn't TMP, I'm gonna sit on the little bit of hope I've got.

As far as the 5k price tag goes, all I can do is point at Catwa, Lelutka, and Genus with their bento heads. The 20-some-odd-dollar price tag has been validated a long time ago.

Although here's what I would also like to know: How many creators have they just given the dev kit to? Because I can't help but think anyone that's currently creating for it was just given the dev kit to drum up interest - unless they actually changed the way their app system works.

Edit: I also felt like a filthy consumer when I bought the body. I felt like everyone should know. But I think I just accepted that I am one a long time ago.

Edited by Morgan Adamski
Forgotten details
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Morgan Adamski said:

Although here's what I would also like to know: How many creators have they just given the dev kit to? Because I can't help but think anyone that's currently creating for it was just given the dev kit to drum up interest - unless they actually changed the way their app system works.

Edit: I also felt like a filthy consumer when I bought the body. I felt like everyone should know. But I think I just accepted that I am one a long time ago.

I am sure they did just that, since the list of creators is so long already. That is smart marketing, and nothing they should be called out over. I am pretty sure it's common practice that happens all the time.

No one forces creators to create.  They must believe it is worth it. I simply don't believe a creator get a dev kit, think "This is crap, I will never make products for it" and still goes ahead. In the past, it was kind of a long process to get a dev kit. So if they get a bit rounder in the edges now, all the better.

I remember a lot of noise around TMP. It has always been controversial. It was the body I bought because it looked so good. I have all the bodies - Wowmeh - Slink - TMP - Belleza - and then Maitreya. Slink was ok, but it didn't give me just the look I wanted. Belleza was a total miss for me. I can't remember why, but I used it 1 week and never took it out again. I detested it so much. When Maitreya was released, I was so tired of the TMP hud that I was more than ready to switch to Maitreya.

I still think fondly of TMP because of its looks, though.

I posted this in another thread but will also put it here so it might benefit others who aren't connected to that other. Basically I am amazed at how easy it is to edit the layers and completely customize the look. The more I work with it the more happy of the buy I am and will likely switch my alt out from belleza - as someone else mentioned, Lara's lower half does look like blocky puddy so the only time I wver wore her was when I could cover most of it with exclusive clothes.

So today I wanted to see if I make desired  changes just from the materials hud and shockingly I was able to add custom detail like abs, pubic hair, tan lines, rib bones, breast veins, and other detail for realism and it was so easy. Just export my creations from Gimp, upload to sl, and apply via the materials editor. NO need for omega, it was so simple. If I liked tattoos I could easily have done that as well.

So far the only complaint I have about the entire setup is that if you have a 4K monitor you can see fine lines on various places on the body at any altitude close up. Not a big deal. One of the things I love is the shape of the butt thighs breasts and feminine regions, incredibly well sculpted. Even if they dont update the body, I'm already a happy customer and will buy one for my alt as I cant stand to take photo's anymore  with a lara or belleza based set. I might take some flcikr images and post them if I can tear myself away from Legacy play time.

6 hours ago, Morgan Adamski said:

As far as the 5k price tag goes, all I can do is point at Catwa, Lelutka, and Genus with their bento heads. The 20-some-odd-dollar price tag has been validated a long time ago

But that's the thing, no body is 5k. Except for the TMP one. You really can't use the heads and say that it's justifiable. Heads and bodies are two totally different entities. I have great bodies as I said before, and I spent like 2499 on them. That all being said, you really can't compare a body price to a head price, that is like comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruit, but they are two totally different fruit. And I will never give my 5k to TMP, not even if it were the last body on the grid. 

On 6/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, steeljane42 said:

And that's with the fact that you can only demo it there, which forces anyone who want to give demo a try to stand there like an idiot with changed camera angle (thanks to "awesome" experience), instead of picking a demo and checking it at their home or any other spot they might like, thus boosting traffic numbers.

This is the second most annoying part, on top of the proprietary HUD system. It's the same reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a Genus head, even though skin makers are falling all over themselves to grind out product for it. If I can't try it on at home, I don't want it. 

Also, skins. I'm not tinting in the year of our lord two thousand and nineteen. IDEK. 

3 minutes ago, MissMagicCakes said:

I have to wonder why they'd expect me to pay $5000 for a body with too many scripts from a company thats screwed people over before when i've got THREE others and an entire wardrobe for all 3 already.

pshaw.

I wonder why too, but don't forget those deformers. Lol

That is not really guaranteed to work. Lol

3 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

I wonder why too, but don't forget those deformers. Lol

That is not really guaranteed to work. Lol

Sure, designers never tested it with those deformers. Once other body updated, deformers may become obsoleted and needed a urgent update too. But will they update those deformers? When? How long?

To everyone that keeps saying that there will be no clothing to support this new body... clearly hasn't read up on how this body actually works and are just speaking from...well... no experience. At the store, when trying the demo you are told on the add that the body comes with a "Fit deformer"... what that does is allows you to wear your ALREADY EXISTING wardrobe... which means... you dont have to go searching for TMP clothes... I personally own this body and can say that wearing the deformer allows you to wear Maitreya clothes. Therefore... you can wear what you've already previously bought with this body. I'm not sure on other mesh body clothing since I mainly own Maitreya clothes since that was my main mesh body. 

Sure 5k is a lot but you pay that every time you decide to buy a new head... it realistic tbh. 

Stop thinking you know all about it because its a TMP product and try it out for yourself, its actually a good mesh body. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sarea said:

To everyone that keeps saying that there will be no clothing to support this new body... clearly hasn't read up on how this body actually works and are just speaking from...well... no experience. At the store, when trying the demo you are told on the add that the body comes with a "Fit deformer"... what that does is allows you to wear your ALREADY EXISTING wardrobe... which means... you dont have to go searching for TMP clothes... I personally own this body and can say that wearing the deformer allows you to wear Maitreya clothes. Therefore... you can wear what you've already previously bought with this body. I'm not sure on other mesh body clothing since I mainly own Maitreya clothes since that was my main mesh body. 

Sure 5k is a lot but you pay that every time you decide to buy a new head... it realistic tbh. 

Stop thinking you know all about it because its a TMP product and try it out for yourself, its actually a good mesh body. 

Um, 1 the deformer doesn't work all the time. Especially with people with smaller bodies. 2, I have tested it, and my experience was blah, to say the least. At least give us a chance to demo it at home. 3 the experience that is plastered on your screen, I know for myself I want to go in grab the body and get out, not have to worry about enabling an experience to allow me to get a body. and 3 5k maybe easy for you to drop, but for some people, that isn't the case. And no not everyone pays 5k for a new head if we want to use that there are tonnes of alternatives that won't break the bank.

And of course, people have every right to be angry at TMP, especially with how they were the first time around. They got an update, 6 years later, when the company swore up and down to have it ready a few months after it's the initial release. That and they lowered the body to 500L and the people who invested 1000s of L before that felt like it was a big old slap in the face.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.