TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you have the Legacy body stick with stuff that says it's for that body. Anything that says TMP is for the old TMP body which you can't get anymore and the new free/L$1 version Classic "TMP" Meshbody which is said to work with 90% of existing TMP content 

Ah okies, thank you 😊

1 hour ago, Nayevia said:

I have a legacy mesh body  for my main avi , i see on market there is legacy and TMP  for clothing ,should i just stick with legacy when i look for clothing ? i did find a few 1 items of tmp , but noticed they don't fit right and gotta use my alpha layers to high some of my body. but what i also noticed it the physics not work right when i turn off layers. 

On Nayevia i have a maitreya body  which both are great, im digging the legacy on my main . 

I would stick with clothes specifically marked as being for Legacy/Perky, but I'm not an expert. If you're finding that TMP clothing doesn't fit well, there might be your answer :)

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2020 at 3:30 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

I got a notecard from one of the brands accounts yesterday saying this, they have a feed or something set up that flags up every time TMP is used in relation to to the new bodies on the SL site or various SL related blogs. I think "must" was a bit strong couldn't exactly remember what they said in the NC, they definitely want to try and get rid of any association of the bad rep of their old products

Reveal hidden contents

Extract from notecard

They must love the title of the series I've dedicated to them on my blog "What's eating TMP?"

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, Nayevia said:

I have a legacy mesh body  for my main avi , i see on market there is legacy and TMP  for clothing ,should i just stick with legacy when i look for clothing ? i did find a few 1 items of tmp , but noticed they don't fit right and gotta use my alpha layers to high some of my body. but what i also noticed it the physics not work right when i turn off layers. 

On Nayevia i have a maitreya body  which both are great, im digging the legacy on my main . 

I have found a few products that have Legacy sizes labeled as TMP. It's rather annoying honestly. But yes, try to only buy things that say Legacy, because you won't know if the TMP is for the actual TMP or if some shop hasn't updated how they name things.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, 2factor said:

came back after 3 years break and at least 10k worth of my stuff is switched off.

great...

is there a date already, when they will switch off for the next company and hud?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'switched off'? You might need to ensure you have 'media' turned on. If that's the problem, then when you  open your Legacy HUD and click on the middle tab (Style), it should give you a message advising that you need to type /style help in local chat then close and re-open your Legacy HUD again.

If that's not what you meant and I've misunderstood, then I'm sorry.

As far as I know, nothing's been 'switched off' though. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kia Kiyori said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'switched off'? You might need to ensure you have 'media' turned on.

As far as I know, nothing's been 'switched off' though. Hope this helps.

@2factormight be referring to the original TMP body that didn't need media enabled to access the servers where content is stored. when one of my alts was using the original TMP there were occasions since TMP Lagacy has been around that i couldn't access any style HUD options for the TMP inhouse clothes. on the free TMP classic when i went on to that the options never showed up in the media enabled section had to wear the TMP HUD the change clothing textures/options i've since moved that alt on to the free Lucybody. There's always the risk with the Lagacy and Classic meshbody that the servers will go off forever

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

@2factormight be referring to the original TMP body that didn't need media enabled to access the servers where content is stored. when one of my alts was using the original TMP there were occasions since TMP Lagacy has been around that i couldn't access any style HUD options for the TMP inhouse clothes. on the free TMP classic when i went on to that the options never showed up in the media enabled section had to wear the TMP HUD the change clothing textures/options i've since moved that alt on to the free Lucybody. There's always the risk with the Lagacy and Classic meshbody that the servers will go off forever

Ahh, that makes more sense. Thank you, Clair.

• 2 weeks later...

I talk about both, the free and the paid tmp bodies, which worked with a hud called style mod. The servers for style mod got swiched off. Game over and dead whatever ppl bought for or with style mod. At least 10k down the drain for me, don´t wanna even imagine how many ppl lost how much cause of it.

2 hours ago, 2factor said:

I talk about both, the free and the paid tmp bodies, which worked with a hud called style mod. The servers for style mod got swiched off. Game over and dead whatever ppl bought for or with style mod. At least 10k down the drain for me, don´t wanna even imagine how many ppl lost how much cause of it.

If you pick up the old version which is free now, all your stuff is still in the style hud.  I bought the newest Legacy and all the items that were previously installed from the TMP were on the new HUD.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you pick up the old version which is free now, all your stuff is still in the style hud.  I bought the newest Legacy and all the items that were previously installed from the TMP were on the new HUD.

That only applies if you paid for the body, Unless things have changed since i last touched the TMP Classic meshbody the stuff isn't there for anyone that only ever had the free body

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

That only applies if you paid for the body, Unless things have changed since i last touched the TMP Classic meshbody the stuff isn't there for anyone that only ever had the free body

I had never used the old free TMP so I wasn't aware of how it transferred or not onto the newest versions.  I was actually surprised that all my old content from the purchased TMP was on the HUD for the Legacy.  Not that I use the body anymore but I did use some of the underwear that was stored in the HUD.  

The person I was quoting did say they had the paid version of the TMP also so the content stored in that HUD might still be usable on the NEW free version.  I'd have to check to see if that is possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I had never used the old free TMP so I wasn't aware of how it transferred or not onto the newest versions.  I was actually surprised that all my old content from the purchased TMP was on the HUD for the Legacy.  Not that I use the body anymore but I did use some of the underwear that was stored in the HUD.  

The person I was quoting did say they had the paid version of the TMP also so the content stored in that HUD might still be usable on the NEW free version.  I'd have to check to see if that is possible.

Some stuff that were loaded in the TMP Deluxe are also loaded in the Legacy HUD, not everything though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Some stuff that were loaded in the TMP Deluxe are also loaded in the Legacy HUD, not everything though.

It had been so long since I'd used the TMP that I had no idea what was in there and what wasn't when I got the Legacy.   Lots of tattoos and underwear for sure.  I do know that nail polishes I bought for the TMP were usable on the Legacy which was nice since they didn't make that available for creators on the Legacy.  As far as I know, there were no nail appliers made that worked with it.  I was pretty much forced to use mesh nails if I wanted any color options.  One of the major downsides with that body although, I did love it.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

His old TMP body does not work anymore and it is no new rigged mesh for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario 1: He may not have "lost" what he bought, but to access it he must buy the new Legacy. It is a high cost. Pay 5500 to get your TMP content back. Meshbody/Legacy keep the TMP content locked away unless the customer buy a new, very expensive body.

Scenario 2: If he get the 1 L meshbody free version, and the content is there, he has the old stuff, but it is not made new rigged mesh for this body. That is not a very good solution.

19 hours ago, 2factor said:

Most people switched away from that body YEARS ago. 

• 6 months later...

Darn - I wish I had seen this thread half hour ago before I blew 5k on now what seems to be a product with bugger all support and no Omega appliers :(

It really REALLY sucks that sellers like this are allowed to continue selling their outdated crap. I did test a demo and liked the shape but don't always spend too much time researching background history of a seller - especially when more and more designers seem to be ditching my beloved Slink body yet still create for Legacy (hence my new purchase).

That's 5k down the toilet :( 

Edited by Anouk Koray
forgot to add
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Anouk Koray said:

Darn - I wish I had seen this thread half hour ago before I blew 5k on now what seems to be a product with bugger all support and no Omega appliers :(

It really REALLY sucks that sellers like this are allowed to continue selling their outdated crap. I did test a demo and liked the shape but don't always spend too much time researching background history of a seller - especially when more and more designers seem to be ditching my beloved Slink body yet still create for Legacy (hence my new purchase).

That's 2k down the toilet :( 

To be far, although I no longer use my Legacy for other reasons, few people.bother with Omega since the implementation of BOM.  Appliers are seldom even made for skins.  I never had any issue with the HUD either.  Once I turned on BOM, the media connect wasn't needed.  

My reason for not using it anymore was that it was the highest body in system usage or whatever.  Highest complexity, triangles.

I still love the look of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anouk Koray said:

It really REALLY sucks that sellers like this are allowed to continue selling their outdated crap

It might be crap to some extent but it's not outdated. neither Lagacy or its predecessor TMP have ever offered Omega support and prior to BoM used their own special "installers" that relies on their server to access any 'applier' type product

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have to say I really like the look of the body. Just steams me a bit that for a 5k purchase there's no after sales support. Even the groups it says to join for user support seem to be dead. But I've already had some really useful info from everyone here :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

hello forum) i wonder why do i have neck seam?can it be because im 3000m  higher from ground level (on platform)?

`_001.png

That is the likely problem.

Its easy to find out. Go down to grown level and look.

It is possible to make mesh that does not have problems at high altitude. Its just such a tedious pain few creators do it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.