TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, Roguerie said:

I read all the warnings about the Legacy TMP body, I also read the few.. rare good reviews. I love shiny things so there.. I took a chance. I don't regret it but I was.. umm pissed. I love all aspects of Second life, particularly fashion and photography. It was a big fail for me to realize that the body  gloss/shine only applies to the default legacy skins. Their CSR did her/his best to convince me that it was the skin creator's job to provide some sort of shine to the body.. that other popular mesh bodies do the same (which is untrue). The only way I can see a creator providing shine that you can increase or decrease at will is via an applier aka taking away the option of applying anything else like tats, body freckles, scars, body hair (if I'm wrong, correct me). So you basically have to choose.. Skin gloss vs Tat, Skin shine vs Freckles.. I was annoyed and I do own other bodies who have made it their priority to provide shine to the ANY skin you decide to wear so you're not forced to walk around looking two-tone because you have to wear a Legacy skin.

Perhaps if more of you do make a complaint, they may address this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Meh.. it is what is is.

Also, Eva Artemesia (Creator of This Is Wrong)provides some very nice shine that work as tattoo appliers. Those might work out for some of you.

Um, on my HUD I can turn up my glossiness right on the body. So they kinda BSed you. Lol. Why would they sell this idea, based on a lie? That is absolutely ridiculous. Like if you want a good body, A hire good CSRs, B lower the cost, and C make it have the same kinda stuff that every other body has, plus more. To me, this is like a downgraded body, with good shape and skin, and well deformers. You still have to use their HUD to apply skins. So really there is no real wow factor about this body at all, it has very basic features. And what you said, you have to look two toned just to have some sort of shine on your body.

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would choose Tim Horton's over Starbucks any day. But I am Canadian, so I hold a particular bias towards any other coffee shop, but Tim Horton's.

I don't really drink coffee myself and have never been inside a starbucks before..We do have a Kuerig though and can use the different pods that it uses..Starbuck happens to be one of the ones it uses..

Can get a whole box of 16 for under 20.00 hehehe

I actually didn't think my post was going to be at the top of the next page,so I didn't quote the person before me..hehehe

14 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would choose Tim Horton's over Starbucks any day. But I am Canadian, so I hold a particular bias towards any other coffee shop, but Tim Horton's.

You can do that with Tim Horton's coffee too, they have Kcup pods as well. They also sell big cans of coffee, that you would be in a conventional coffee maker. I love that. Having a taste of your Favourite coffee shop at home. xD

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

You can do that with Tim Horton's coffee too, they have Kcup pods as well. They also sell big cans of coffee, that you would be in a conventional coffee maker. I love that. Having a taste of your Favourite coffee shop at home. xD

My husband say's the reason he likes the Kuerig  better than making a pot is,it's like a fresh cup every time vs a pot that has been sitting..

All coffee taste like mud to me so I have no idea hehehehe

7 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Um, on my HUD I can turn up my glossiness right on the body. So they kinda BSed you. Lol. Why would they sell this idea, based on a lie? That is absolutely ridiculous. Like if you want a good body, A hire good CSRs, B lower the cost, and C make it have the same kinda stuff that every other body has, plus more. To me, this is like a downgraded body, with good shape and skin, and well deformers. You still have to use their HUD to apply skins. So really there is no real wow factor about this body at all, it has very basic features. And what you said, you have to look two toned just to have some sort of shine on your body.

You are right on the money, it smelled a lot like BS. Don't get me wrong, I love shiny stuff so I buy.. but a lot of creators/bloggers, particularly on flickr are hellbent on selling the body as if it's this God-sent thing and it's not. I find it offensive that they've dropped some very good mesh bodies like Slink /Belleza for Legacy. It does have a great shape (for my liking) but cankles.. ugh. It is what it is, I am a masochist so I deserve every bit of this pain.

If anything.. the silver lining is, it has given me a brand new appreciation for my Slink. They're also one of the first to quickly prepare for BOM. I don't even know what Legacy plans to do about BOM considering how rigid they are with doing things "their own way" aka.. hell.

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

TMP never cared about what their customers said, but since LL want BoM, TMP have to provide it?

Internet is a dangerous thing, it quickly becomes he said and she said something when at closer inspection it might not have gone down that way at all, then rumors become facts. They have been very active in the inworld groups like the Livehelp group, so I dunno my image of TMP is exactly the opposite of yours. Of course I have read the past experiences that likely you had and others but I wasn't there so I don't know how much of this is true or not or what the underlying causes of the problems actually were, not saying anyone is lying here, but it's very easy to blame the big bad corporation.  And often this comes down to the corporation doing a bad job communicating reasons for the state of things and then customers "fill in" this information themselves through speculation and conjecture and that's just how we humans operate I guess. All I know is TMP or The Shops or whatever they want to be known as now are doing a good job on the communication front atleast and updates are flowing fairly well, but time will tell if this is lasting or not.  

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

6 hours ago, Roguerie said:

You are right on the money, it smelled a lot like BS. Don't get me wrong, I love shiny stuff so I buy.. but a lot of creators/bloggers, particularly on flickr are hellbent on selling the body as if it's this God-sent thing and it's not. I find it offensive that they've dropped some very good mesh bodies like Slink /Belleza for Legacy. It does have a great shape (for my liking) but cankles.. ugh. It is what it is, I am a masochist so I deserve every bit of this pain.

If anything.. the silver lining is, it has given me a brand new appreciation for my Slink. They're also one of the first to quickly prepare for BOM. I don't even know what Legacy plans to do about BOM considering how rigid they are with doing things "their own way" aka.. hell.

I don't mind people who buy it, don't get me wrong and I love shiny stuff too. But this is the first time, that I had to tell my impulse "down boy." As well at the time, there was little support. Now it has more support, it's still a big no from me. Especially with the Alpha Tearing, and the neck issues. That and the cost, when you can buy a body at half that price. You kinda go, well do I want a body, that has very little in the way of features? It's only selling point is their deformers and maybe the textures on the body. Or do I just want to keep the body I have, and enjoy that for the rest of my SL life? I will take enjoy my Belleza for the rest of my SL life.

When buying a body its important to have quality customer service. I don't think there will be a lot of designers wanting to make clothes for the new legacy body for the simple fact that because of what happened with their tmp those items are barely selling now. Who wants to take the time to do a rig for a body that will have a short life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Internet is a dangerous thing, it quickly becomes he said and she said something when at closer inspection it might not have gone down that way at all, then rumors become facts. They have been very active in the inworld groups like the Livehelp group, so I dunno my image of TMP is exactly the opposite of yours. Of course I have read the past experiences that likely you had and others but I wasn't there so I don't know how much of this is true or not or what the underlying causes of the problems actually were, not saying anyone is lying here, but it's very easy to blame the big bad corporation.  And often this comes down to the corporation doing a bad job communicating reasons for the state of things and then customers "fill in" this information themselves through speculation and conjecture and that's just how we humans operate I guess. All I know is TMP or The Shops or whatever they want to be known as now are doing a good job on the communication front atleast and updates are flowing fairly well, but time will tell if this is lasting or not.  

Yes, I had my first experience with their skins, before they started with mesh. Before we had bodies, you could buy separate feet and hands. They were very popular. It was really hard to match them to the skin. Especially skins with shading and texture. I could use colorpicker on one side of the arm and tint the hands, and it looked good, turn the arm and there was that awful seam. Other skin sellers started to sell Slink appliers, but not TMP. They claimed they should sell their own body, but it took over 2 years before they did. In the meantime, it became more and more popular with mesh body replacements like breasts and ears, and different hands and feet. Then came Omega, but TMP would not in that system. TMP would not play ball with anyone.

I loved their skins. It was a pain to use them with anything else.

I still like their quality, so I gave them my money for the Deluxe body, because it looked great. Soon there was those other things that is debated other places with that body. No need to take it up again. If they did just a few things that people begged them to do, I would probably support them again. I bought 3 of their full priced bodies and 2 heads for my different avatars. I moved on and have other bodies and heads now. I can't say I regret the TMP purchases. It was the best look for that time. Now they have a great looking body again, but I don't know if they should have my support and money.

I am still tempted. They know how to make a great looking product. But I must live with it, and I can't go and be annoyed over a body, because I miss features the other bodies have. That it looks good is important, but it must be easy to use, customerfriendly and supported.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 minute ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Still does not mean the body will have a long life. Lots of people are not even aware about who they are and what happened before.

Their tmp body did well as well and then everything went sideways. It was so bad that they had several sales at 500 L trying to get people to buy it.

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I had my first experience with their skins, before they started with mesh. Before we had bodies, you could buy separate feet and hands. They were very popular. It was really hard to match them to the skin. Especially skins with shading and texture. I could use colorpicker on one side of the arm and tint the hands, and it looked good, turn the arm and there was that awful seam. Other skin sellers started to sell Slink appliers, but not TMP. They claimed they should sell their own body, but it took over 2 years before they did. In the meantime, it became more and more popular with mesh body replacements like breasts and ears, and different hands and feet. Then came Omega, but TMP would not in that system. TMP would not play ball with anyone.

I loved their skins. It was a pain to use them with anything else.

I still like their quality, so I gave them my money for the Deluxe body, because it looked great. Soon there was those other things that is debated other places with that body. No need to take it up again. If they did just a few things that people begged them to do, I would probably support them again. I bought 3 of their full priced bodies and 2 heads for my different avatars. I moved on and have other bodies and heads now. I can't say I regret the TMP purchases. It was the best look for that time. Now they have a great looking body again, but I don't know if they should have my support and money.

I am still tempted. They know how to make a great looking product. But I must live with it, and I can't go and be annoyed over a body, because I miss features the other bodies have. That it looks good is important, but it must be easy to use, customerfriendly and supported.

They are nice bodies, don't get me wrong. But the fact is that the alpha tearing, and the neck fit is like back when mesh heads first came out. You would have a terrible time lining up your neck with your body. My OCD would totally kick in, and I would definitely want to play with that for hours. Then with the alpha tears, I would constantly look at them, and they would irritate the heck out of me. Yeah nice body, but for the price and my OCD. I will stick with my Belleza Freya and Isis.

Hmm I see well time will tell what happens, then again it's Second Life nothings for certain, we have to live in the moment. The alpha tearing issue is being investigated and tbh all mesh gets these tears the higher you go including clothes but it needs to be fixed atleast at ground level. I don't have a neck issue at all head fits perfectly but I have a skin both for my lelutka head and legacy body (StrayDog), if you use the included skins for the body and another skin for the head there will be obvious issues.

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We do have a Kuerig [...] Can get a whole box of 16 for under 20.00

https://www.keurig.com is your friend! :D

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

[...] so I have no idea hehehehe

Precisely! You also can get tea, cocoa, caramel, other drinks - not just coffee. :)

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

TMP never cared about what their customers said, but since LL want BoM, TMP have to provide it?

They don't have to go BoM, though BoM release is really close to their own release so I'm sure they're feeling pressure. I'm sure they are debating the option because it will remove a LOT of the ham-fisted control they have over what you can and cannot do with the item YOU purchased.

3 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Internet is a dangerous thing, it quickly becomes he said and she said something when at closer inspection it might not have gone down that way at all

This is very true, but this isn't the Internet; this is Second Life where word-of-mouth can often be very wrong about things, when it comes to business and customer-relations the voice of the vocal mob is often more truth than not.

15 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Hmm I see well time will tell what happens, then again it's Second Life

This, precisely. As for BoM itself, I wouldn't't expect it to be mainstream for at least a year, meaning to say it won't be a major purchasing decision (that an item supports it or not) for most people until then. Even Bento is only now really in the mindset of a majority of people on the grid, yet there are still a lot of people who don't understand at all what it is, i.e. "Bento Car!" Meaning driver animations are Bento so the avatar grips the steering wheel, that car may be complete crappola in every other respect, but the "Bento" aspect is the selling point.

It will be the same with BoM in the future and I am sure TMP will embrace it for that reason alone. The question now is what restrictions they will find that allows them to implement it using their tightly-controlled methods. You cannot plan the future on event of the past, however, a series of events create a trend and that creates forecast ability; TMP is not customer-friendly in many aspects of their business model currently and in the past, so it's pretty safe to presume this will continue into the future.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If the demo is updated to BoM, I will look on it with fresh eyes, and judge the company for what it is now, not their past history.

I don't know I am still not paying 5k, as most bodies are half that. Maybe if they make it a bit cheaper, I would consider it.

19 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

I don't know I am still not paying 5k, as most bodies are half that. Maybe if they make it a bit cheaper, I would consider it.

Plus the whole system they use that is outside the system of SL servers..

I'm curious,do they still have that dumb credit system where you have to put money into the till to buy anything from them? I'm willing to bet the money I had left over in that system from the last time is gone..lol

*Edited to delete Quote* -- I realized I replied to the wrong post!

You can change shine on the Advanced Materials Hud, but yes, the skin designers did create their appliers for the wrong layer.  They go on the 2nd layer instead of the 1st.  Whether it was the fault of the dev kit, or the designer, i'm not going to speculate.  But I know Stray Dog did it correctly, and you can apply the Sepcular and Shine from the Edit hud to the skin.  Other than that shine, glow, and tint can be adjusted in the Advanced Materials Editor for any layer.

Also, re: BoM Slink eliminated the alpha hud ... which makes little sense to me.  Legacy's update to BoM was seamless, didn't even require an update to the body.  Just detach the hud and reattach it, and BooM ... BoM.  I know this is a body we love to hate, and I'm just as annoyed by the lack of transparency as anyone else.  I hope I helped clear up some questions if they weren't already clarified.

Delirium

Edited by Delirium Sorrowsong

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Plus the whole system they use that is outside the system of SL servers..

I'm curious,do they still have that dumb credit system where you have to put money into the till to buy anything from them? I'm willing to bet the money I had left over in that system from the last time is gone..lol

I think they got rid of it. They also have demos on the MP, to reduce the blinding experience from the store. Two good things. I am knee deep in Blender and haven't changed outfit and hair on my SL self for weeks, I am not having time for the demo. I am not looking to buy at the moment either. I think they still have the offer where old time buyers who have their full priced bodies get a discount. Unless it was lasting for a period of time. If it is still in place, a Legacy would cost me 2500 L.

I wonder if BoM will reduce the risk. As we move from appliers, I wonder of the threat of the storage on their own server goes away? Third party sellers need not apply for the Designer kit.

53 minutes ago, Delirium Sorrowsong said:

You can change shine on the Advanced Materials Hud, but yes, the skin designers did create their appliers for the wrong layer.  They go on the 2nd layer instead of the 1st.  Whether it was the fault of the dev kit, or the designer, i'm not going to speculate.  But I know Stray Dog did it correctly, and you can apply the Sepcular and Shine from the Edit hud to the skin.  Other than that shine, glow, and tint can be adjusted in the Advanced Materials Editor for any layer.

Also, re: BoM Slink eliminated the alpha hud ... which makes little sense to me.  Legacy's update to BoM was seamless, didn't even require an update to the body.  Just detach the hud and reattach it, and BooM ... BoM.  I know this is a body we love to hate, and I'm just as annoyed by the lack of transparency as anyone else.  I hope I helped clear up some questions if they weren't already clarified.

Delirium

This is good for their customer base, that keep it all plus BoM. I can imagine BoM for all "natural to use skin baked" stuff as tattoos, birthmarks and freckles. And one layer for clothing. But the load on SL is not reduced as long as the body has all the onion layers.

I am the Devil's Advocate here, but not against Legacy. I can give credit for them doing some things better.

Edited by Marianne Little

2 hours ago, Delirium Sorrowsong said:

Delirium

I greatly appreciate your input to clarify why I ran into to the skin gloss/shine issue. Clearly something was missing there .. I can’t say where because it happened with several skins. This is something that Legacy perhaps needs to address in a notice  to all creators.. I’ve experimented material editor and I’ve seen Stray dog’s tutorial so I know what you’re referring to but the confusion is everywhere it seems and it has not been communicated properly somewhere. 

I don’t get the concept that any time constructive criticism is applied, suddenly we “love to hate” lol, I .. bought this body. I spent decent money on this body. I would love to be able to enjoy my purchase but yes I feel limited. I even made a post on Flickr.. pouring out the excitement I felt when I finally found a skin that fit me for legacy, including proper clothing only to feel absolutely silly because I realized that I couldn’t do this or that.. couldn’t apply this or that due to some error. Who’s responsible for the problem ? I’m not sure. Livehelp was more concerned to dismiss my concerns instead of helping, some creators just don’t reply at all except one and I am not a rude customer. Products designed for the body don’t apply too well.. I can’t use my tats and shine at the same time until it’s fixed. It’s an important aspect, it’s not omega compatible.. So bye bye to those appliers and I’m done asking creators to update (I’ve had some harsh responses, making me feel like I’m a beggar or I’m nagging for suggesting to update or create for legacy). Dismissing important aspects that are lacking for a new very expensive mesh body isn’t “hating”, this constant fawning over Legacy isn’t helping creators nor legacy improve where it’s needed. 

I like the body too... enough to bleed 5k. it has some issues tho. Damn. Can we be real about this? 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.