TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Lyric Bayn said:

i have tried my genus head and also my catwa, it doesnt remove the neck seam no matter what i try. ive tried MANY skins. i didnt realize they had heads for the body, but no i wont be buying one lol. i even tried the light settings they suggested and the seam is still there. i tried adjusting the neck shape on the body and the shape and the seam is still showing. at that price $5000 lindens which equals about $35.00 canadian the body should be flawless if you ask me. 

I don't use a TMP body myself and I have no idea if they have heads for them or not,this time around..I bought one of their bodies the first time they made one,so I'm not too trusting of them right now..

In my eyes they should be giving their first customers one of these and calling it, the long overdue update you've been waiting for..hehehehe

My comment about a neck fix was any neck fix I've ever seen from any of the bodies and heads that use that texture strip to cover the seam line..they just all seem to look worse to me..

They want 5,000 for the body?  Is this the same owner as before,because if it is,that's pretty arrogant of them in my eyes to be coming back around and asking high dollar again after their last run they had.

Sorry,I'm just a bit sour on them from my expensive lesson I learned from them the last time.. You may want to take what I say about them with a grain,maybe even a block of salt..hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't use a TMP body myself and I have no idea if they have heads for them or not,this time around..I bought one of their bodies the first time they made one,so I'm not too trusting of them right now..

In my eyes they should be giving their first customers one of these and calling it, the long overdue update you've been waiting for..hehehehe

My comment about a neck fix was any neck fix I've ever seen from any of the bodies and heads that use that texture strip to cover the seam line..they just all seem to look worse to me..

They want 5,000 for the body?  Is this the same owner as before,because if it is,that's pretty arrogant of them in my eyes to be coming back around and asking high dollar again after their last run they had.

Sorry,I'm just a bit sour on them from my expensive lesson I learned from them the last time.. You may want to take what I say about them with a grain,maybe even a block of salt..hehehehe

I hear ya...lesson learned on my end. ;)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

I bought a legacy body for photography reasons (just reeeeally love the cuvy shape and quality) but that part really sucks yeah. Dont understand why they took this approach.

Also have a lot of trouble with the nech seam. Dont really get why a body like maitreya can make it virtually disapear but they can not. Maybe I dont understand it enough yet, but it seems you only have a certain amount of default color options provided by them, instead of letting the skin applier of the skin vendor do the job.

That the negative part for me though, positive is just the amazing looks. On that part, and the way it animates, its way ahead of the other big names in my opinion.

I read all the warnings about the Legacy TMP body, I also read the few.. rare good reviews. I love shiny things so there.. I took a chance. I don't regret it but I was.. umm pissed. I love all aspects of Second life, particularly fashion and photography. It was a big fail for me to realize that the body  gloss/shine only applies to the default legacy skins. Their CSR did her/his best to convince me that it was the skin creator's job to provide some sort of shine to the body.. that other popular mesh bodies do the same (which is untrue). The only way I can see a creator providing shine that you can increase or decrease at will is via an applier aka taking away the option of applying anything else like tats, body freckles, scars, body hair (if I'm wrong, correct me). So you basically have to choose.. Skin gloss vs Tat, Skin shine vs Freckles.. I was annoyed and I do own other bodies who have made it their priority to provide shine to the ANY skin you decide to wear so you're not forced to walk around looking two-tone because you have to wear a Legacy skin.

Perhaps if more of you do make a complaint, they may address this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Meh.. it is what is is.

Also, Eva Artemesia (Creator of This Is Wrong)provides some very nice shine that work as tattoo appliers. Those might work out for some of you.

Edited by Roguerie
Edited to add helpful info about how to add shine to 3rd party skins.
  • Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Roguerie said:

I read all the warnings about the Legacy TMP body, I also read the few.. rare good reviews. I love shiny things so there.. I took a chance. I don't regret it but I was.. umm pissed. I love all aspects of Second life, particularly fashion and photography. It was a big fail for me to realize that the body  gloss/shine only applies to the default legacy skins. Their CSR did her/his best to convince me that it was the skin creator's job to provide some sort of shine to the body.. that other popular mesh bodies do the same (which is untrue). The only way I can see a creator providing shine that you can increase or decrease at will is via an applier aka taking away the option of applying anything else like tats, body freckles, scars, body hair (if I'm wrong, correct me). So you basically have to choose.. Skin gloss vs Tat, Skin shine vs Freckles.. I was annoyed and I do own other bodies who have made it their priority to provide shine to the ANY skin you decide to wear so you're not forced to walk around looking two-tone because you have to wear a Legacy skin.

Perhaps if more of you do make a complaint, they may address this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Meh.. it is what is is.

Also, Eva Artemesia (Creator of This Is Wrong)provides some very nice shine that work as tattoo appliers. Those might work out for some of you.

thank you i will give the shine a try maybe it will cover the ugly neck seam..hehe

• Like 1

ok. I can understand the frustration of those who bought the first TMP version (5k, a lot of L $) but for me it will always remain a pleasant memory. I had come back after a long absence in sl, all the friends still active were mesh, but I was not willing to invest in the mesh, I didn't know that I would stay or not in the gamel. TMP had the only truly usable free mesh body, and I also discovered enough free clothes so that I wouldn't have to walk just on the beaches. (oh, I remember with nostalgia the first days, when I spent all my time just changing shape and admiring the beauty of my new body - a little vanity doesn't hurt anyone, right?).And the skins, even for the free one, just amazing. So many and so well made. Then, as a shock, in a few months, all the clothes have became free in their store and full body only 500. I spent a few days there and took everything you could get for free :) and I was like heaven.

since then things have changed a bit. after I understood that SL is a virus you can't get rid of, I started shopping. now I have all the free mesh bodies in the game, plus the paid maitreya, eve, altamura full, and even the lesser known ones from lucyshoes.  the old tmp I still consider it perfect, nicer made than others more expensive (less on the ankles, but that's another problem) .

would I buy the new legacy? probably not, at least not at this time. Not because of the price, because of the neck problems and the need for deformers. With or without deformers, the old tmp wardrobe does not fit in place. and in order to wear maitreya clothes, I do not need legacy deformers for this. So, legacy owners, give me back my old tmp wardrobe on the new body and we can talk. till then, i'll just enjoy the altamura body with ak head, my all times favorites

till then, asolution for the neck problems (there are few in game so happy shopping :) )

cervical-collar-headmaster-optional.jpg

• Haha 1

I already forgot my Legacy.  It is really useless for me comparing to other mesh body. It is lack of many necessary support. Neck is also a critical problem for me. I heard that it work better with Catwa head.  May be waiting for 2019 and take it out for another trying. Anyone want to buy it?  Well...

I don't understand why so many male clothing designers are dropping support for other bodies and adding support for the Legacy brand.  Surely the body can't have that much market penetration. Do the morphs make it just stupidly easy to weight for Legacy or something?

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I don't understand why so many male clothing designers are dropping support for other bodies and adding support for the Legacy brand.  Surely the body can't have that much market penetration. Do the morphs make it just stupidly easy to weight for Legacy or something?

You also see that with female clothing designers as well. Some had Freya, now they dropped it for Legacy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

As a male you dont even have to use deformers since Gianni clothes fit almost perfectly and obviously this is both because many male clothes cover the entire body and that shapewise the legacy body and Gianni body are similar. 

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Like 1

Just now, Varistentia Varriale said:

As a male you dont even have to use deformers since the Gianni clothes fit almost perfectly and obviously this is because many male clothes cover the entire body. Shapewise it's very close to Gianni so rigging is likely not very difficult.

I think what he is getting at, is why are they dropping support in general. It just means that men lose more and more of their favourite creators, or have to switch their bodies over to Legacy. It makes no sense to me, why a creator drops one of their popular bodies they design for, for another popular body.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think what he is getting at, is why are they dropping support in general. It just means that men lose more and more of their favourite creators, or have to switch their bodies over to Legacy. It makes no sense to me, why a creator drops one of their popular bodies they design for, for another popular body.

That makes no sense yep, one would think a creator would want to sell as much clothes as possible.

14 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

That makes no sense yep, one would think a creator would want to sell as much clothes as possible.

Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake are still pretty popular, why drop one just to have legacy. It kinda gives you a choice, do I spend 1000s of L on getting a new body skin and shape, or do I just not shop at that store? And for some people who really like that creator, they tend to spend the 1000s of Ls, instead of going to find another company they may like.

It just proves one thing to me: it’s just as much about getting people to buy in to something as much as it is making a good product.

you have to give credit to whoever is behind Legacy. They have both creators and consumers buying in. They have the psychology of SL down pat.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake are still pretty popular, why drop one just to have legacy. It kinda gives you a choice, do I spend 1000s of L on getting a new body skin and shape, or do I just not shop at that store? And for some people who really like that creator, they tend to spend the 1000s of Ls, instead of going to find another company they may like.

It's possible that some creators have seen a decline and if they convert their entire line to this new body (mostly tattoos for obvious reasons) then they will stand to make quite a bit of cash fast. But to drop the other bodies, that's just strange since they already have the rigging tools and are familiar with the body. I mean just because I have a Legacy body doesn't mean I don't want a Jake or Gianni user to have the same clothes.

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

6 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

It's possible that some creators have seen a decline and if they convert their entire line to this new body (mostly tattoos for obvious reasons) then they will stand to make quite a bit of cash fast. But to drop the other bodies, that's just strange since they already have the rigging tools and are familiar with the body. I mean just because I have a Legacy body doesn't mean I don't want a Jake or Gianni user to have the same clothes.

But they are also losing a tonne of customers by dropping a body or two, that is also popular. So yeah they may be making a decent amount of L, but probably losing a good amount of it too.

2 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

It's possible that some creators have seen a decline

Most creators aren't very bright with regard to sales analytics, the smart ones sell their product in a separate sale for each body type; they know which bodies are popular. The rest sell one box with all body types so how do they know which of those is the least popular? The only way would be a "phone-home" script that reports back each time a product was rezzed.

The legacy is the new shiny. It's a way for creators to attempt giving the impression how "progressive" or "on-the-ball" they are. Also, it's no secret that "first movers" do best. As for dropping one brand for another: likely so they don't interrupt their established workflow.

If you're into a real conspiracy mood, you could wonder if the TMP people are paying or otherwise in cahoots with some creators to "drop that body for our and we'll xxx for you". LOL

• Like 2

21 hours ago, janetosilio said:

It just proves one thing to me: it’s just as much about getting people to buy in to something as much as it is making a good product.

you have to give credit to whoever is behind Legacy. They have both creators and consumers buying in. They have the psychology of SL down pat.

They can make people buy the body because of this, but will the people keep it and wear it as their #1 body? (Speaking as one with almost every big brand body already)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Making a post only about this very important aspect:

Is Legacy BoM ready?

I feel like it’s not going to really affect the people that would buy Legacy. But if it’s not it could be the start of some problems as it gets adopted more and more.

21 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The legacy is the new shiny. It's a way for creators to attempt giving the impression how "progressive" or "on-the-ball" they are. Also, it's no secret that "first movers" do best. As for dropping one brand for another: likely so they don't interrupt their established workflow.

SL has the biggest case of Magpie Syndrome, a name I coined myself. Like something new and shiny, and we got everyone and their grandmother crowding around it, going oooh shiny.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

They can make people buy the body because of this, but will the people keep it and wear it as their #1 body? (Speaking as one with almost every big brand body already)

I have my Belleza and I'm happy with it xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

SL has the biggest case of Magpie Syndrome, a name I coined myself. Like something new and shiny, and we got everyone and their grandmother crowding around it, going oooh shiny.

I have my Belleza and I'm happy with it xD

I remember falling for that shiny before and diving in head first and hitting the bottom of the pool. I also didn't know anything about mesh bodies at all..it was my first mesh body.

Soo,This time I say to myself,with much much more experience with these things..

It might be shiny,but is it really,separate themselves from the competition, trend setting,$L5000,shiny?

I haven't seen anything about it so far that jumps out at me enough..

Instead I see a lot of the same ole company doing things the same ole way as before.. That's the dull to the shine for me..

I know I may be harping on it,but the harp cost me 5000 and then some, so might as well play it while it's hot..hehehehe

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 4:25 PM, BrooklynnC said:

Why is money so highly regarded in Second Life?

That's 20 bucks. You probably spend that on Starbucks in 2 days on your way to the train. Let's be real.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy the body. I'm just trying to make you appreciate competition among creators. What's the point of being emotionally attached to a virtual product to a point where you refuse to be open to new ones? And I know, TMP don't have the best reputation, I have too been stranded in their anxiety-awakening sim with no support in the past, but if they have a product that is better than what I'm currently sitting with, then I couldn't care less for their reputation.

That's just the reality.

I guess when money matters, "reality" is relative to the point of view of who is talking. 

Example: I (and thousands of SL users, so it's not a personal question) live in Brazil. Many others in the same situation are in all South/Central America, Mexico, etc. In my case, 1 dollar = a little more than 4 Brazilian Real (4 reais). "Ok, so you are spending more than what 80 dollars means to me." It gets worse if you consider purchasing power and much lower average wages. R$80 reais or pesos or whatever currency is a heavier impact than US$20 for someone living in the US or €15 in Europe.

"This is not of the producer business. If you can't, don't buy", someone will think. Anyway, I doubt anyone back to the US wants to throw away $20 on something they will not fully enjoy because of poor customer service and lack of support from developers in general. Way better to spend on food :D

And I can't understand how selling a product two times more expensive than competitors can be "competition". Sounds like commercial suicide to me.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.