TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, halebore Aeon said:

At least Genus isn't forcing us to stay at a sim and try out their product.

... anymore ... A theory was postulated that it's because the head was still in development.  They didn't want people to take  home a demo that might feasibly change in the next few days or even hours.  Once it was out of beta, they allowed you to take home demos.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Why not? 

you must have a very selective memory if you don't know how this company acted as leeches for many years.. no support and tricking, mainly newbies into their far overpriced non updated beta body... than make it a release with a simple minor update , and now again bring a full overpriced product on the market.

1 minute ago, Fox Wijaya said:

you must have a very selective memory if you don't know how this company acted as leeches for many years.. no support and tricking, mainly newbies into their far overpriced non updated beta body... than make it a release with a simple minor update , and now again bring a full overpriced product on the market.

I have 2 deluxe from them few years before. Even the bento update recently, the body is still defective on tattoo layer. I will not deal with this shop again. And I already blacklisted every single object in their shop.

I was talking about the human nature in SL. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, Sarea said:

At the store, when trying the demo you are told on the add that the body comes with a "Fit deformer"... what that does is allows you to wear your ALREADY EXISTING wardrobe...

However, you don't get to test the deformer until you cough up 5K. 

• Like 1

I was curious about this body after stumbling across it on the marketplace and decided to get it for fun. I liked the look of it when I tried the demo but wasn't crazy about how you can't wear it outside of the area or test the deformers.

I've been using a maitreya body since they came out and am pretty happy with it. The breast shape and size limitations with maitreya are my only nitpicks but not that big of a deal. I also have a slink body which was my first mesh body and it was fine I just didn't know what I was doing with the HUD having just switched over from the system body at the time and haven't tried it for a long time.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the Legacy body and it looks like there are more clothes and content coming along for it but I don't think its ready for prime time and not going to be replacing maitreya for me right now. The look is great, I think the curves and aesthetics of it are at least as good or better than maitreya lara, the HUD works good and easy to use and the default skins are pretty nice (except the nipples).

The main downer is with the deformers. It seemed like a great thing being able to use your old clothes but it doesn't keep your new Legacy shape when you use deformers, it shrinks down to whatever must be the limit of the maitreya body, so you end up with a different shape while dressed compared to being naked. Maybe you would have better results if you used one of the included default shapes but I haven't tried these, I want to make my own adjustments. The deformers do work with most of my maitreya clothes, other than the problem I mentioned, and I have a lot clothes, including shoes (you have to remove the legacy feet or you get 4 feet). Dresses can be a little hit or miss where you might need to alpha anyway.

Still I would give it a 4/5, it's a great looking bod, hoping they update it and more stuff comes along for it. What I really want is an update for maitreya or a whole new version. There is just so much available for maitreya I don't see myself wearing the legacy on a regular basis.

12 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

The good thing is that people can make a choice on whether they want to buy the body or not.  No one is being forced to buy it.  And with anything in SL I always tell myself buyer beware.  And I always ask myself if I am willing to put the money into something.  I have the old body and it still is my favorite body out of all of them.  I haven't bought the new one, however I have demo'd it and I will admit I am tempted.  Just because of the shape, skin and the number one thing for me is resizing the feet.  I haven't forgotten what they were like in the past, sometimes it is just a matter of wanting something 😀.

If any girl lived long enough in SL, they may already has Belleza, TMP beta, Slink, Maitreya. There has no strong reason to buy this new TMP as old TMP beta shape but can shape change for wearing other mesh body's fitted mesh clothes.

However, shopping is always the act of impulse. And we always dream of new product give us more satisfactory and excitement (at least to me). In some countries, new TMP price is just a price for a fair meal. So I don't judge anyone to buy it. Angry and happy make us feeling alive even by shopping :) 

• Like 1

Don't believe deformer.  It dare to claim fit. Even wearing maitreya cloth, we can put a finger between the gap. It only give you 3 deformer, Upper body, lower body and feet.  you can see the picture here. I tried bra top on it, classic tmp, venus, slink, isis, frey, maitraye with deformer wearing. Breast is larger than venus. other breast is all smaller than  the bar from 5-30%.  

There is the FIT DEFORMERS [HELP]

====================================================

Fit Deformers are designed to aid in wearing your current closet with your new body. New Content will be coming soon made for Legacy Meshbody from talented designers, but until then, fully take advantage of the Fit Deformers. Remember to detach your Fit Deformers when undressing or photographing the body, as Fit Deformers will deform your body shape.

Fit Deformers work best when your body sliders are in neutral positions. Try these tips if you’re having fitting issues.

FOR RIGGED MESH
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

◦ *Important* Use the recommended Foot Size: 40 - 60, depending on your overall height.

◦ Firstly, try hiding areas poking through using the Alpha Mannequin on the [EDIT] HUD "Fit" Page.

◦ Wear an Upper or Lower Fit Deformer if a mesh clothing item isn’t fitting quite right. 

◦ Wear the Fit Deformer for shoes if your shoes don’t fit. (Detach your Classic feet first!) Change your heel height via the [EDIT] HUD until you find one that fits.

◦ On the [EDIT] HUD "Home" Page, lock your ankle if experiencing fit issues related to posing or movement.

◦ Reduce "Breast Size" if poking through.

◦ Detach your Fit Deformers after using, or for photographing/undressing as they deform your body.

FOR STANDARD SIZING

◦ *Important* If using a Standard Sizing Shape, use the recommended Foot Size: 40 - 60, depending on your overall height.

◦ Use the Alpha Mannequin to hide areas of the body poking through.

◦ For Standard Sizing Shape "Large", reduce breast size.  

◦ For tighter fit items & only if necessary, reduce "Torso Muscles" or "Leg Muscles".

◦ If necessary, adjust "Saddle Bags" & "Butt Size" sliders.

◦ For a snug fit at the waistline for high rise pants & skirts, increase "Love Handles" slider.

◦ Detach your Fit Deformers after using, or for photographing/undressing as they deform your body.

FAQ

Which systems work with Fit Deformers?

Fit Deformers will transform your Legacy Meshbody to be compatible with most  mesh clothing items if a designer provides multiple fits. In this case, you will usually be able to wear Legacy with at least one provided fit. Fit Deformers are not designed to work with any one specifically but rather work on a minimum-space-viability based on our tests of over 250 garments from popular designers when compared to the Default Linden avatar. Compatibility with specific systems will vary based on the unique garment or shoe, so you will need to try each one to find the best fit. We kept Fit Deformers loosely based on the Linden Default, so it will generally work better with systems that are closer to the Linden Default, which many bodies are.

What shapes do I use for Standard Sizing?

You don't need to use Standard Sizing shapes to fit into Standard Sizing fit mesh clothing, but you may need to make adjustments to your current shape. If your current shape does not fit a Standard Sizing fit garment, it is recommended that you use a Standard Sizing Shape as a starting point, and then follow our tips listed above.

====================================================

1af550c44e0cd920ae2f0fd646298b56.png

Edited by Milissa Rossini

• 2 weeks later...

I demo'd this today and do love the fact  the INCLUDED fit deformers in the demo means I can wear all my Maitreya clothes to "demo"  . WOOT!   But which head to wear!!!   I have Vista which is Omega friendly. There are designers out there already doing skins for legacy, but not many do good  Omega, and as the skin demo's are not in the legacy style HUD, that makes it really hard and what happens when Baked on Mesh arrives? will Omega still be around?   Just food for thought.. 

The legacy body looks great naked though and if I were to buy it, that would be why. I imagine it will look good in photo's too. I will not be buying it cos I HATE the alpha hud. and wish they would adopt one similar to maitreya. 

And you DONT have to stay in the store, go to Catwa pay 1l and get the demo body there.. :)

Edited by SophieWillows
grammar

Since I am in the anti TMP camp (from long ago) I haven't read this thread except what I see pass by in the "you haven't read" text preview and I am not going to read through 300 messages LOL  === BUT

If there is a deformer so that the body conforms to other body meshes with the same weighting and such, isn't that a infringement and worthy of a DMCA?  I can't believe Maitreya would be happy to have their body "copied" even as an add on type thing to another  original body.  Likely I don't have all the info as this seems like a pretty obvious issue.   

I watched a video review of the body and didn't see the appeal. It's L$5,000, for a body which is way behind on support (for now, at least) sold by a company that absolutely shafted their customers who bought their previous body. Yes, the hands look nice and yes, the body itself looks fine, but at that price point, and with that company's history? Thanks, but no thanks. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If there is a deformer so that the body conforms to other body meshes with the same weighting and such, isn't that a infringement and worthy of a DMCA?  I can't believe Maitreya would be happy to have their body "copied" even as an add on type thing to another  original body.  Likely I don't have all the info as this seems like a pretty obvious issue. 

It is not that fit at all. It is exaggerated. It just make the body smaller than most mesh body, such as Maitreya's hip & breast about 5% smaller (from 5% to 30%, like slink HG), but Belleza Venus's clothes breast area is still smaller than the deformer's breast.  So everything need to wear tight with body never look good, such as nipple. And I noted the Legacy body's arm and shoulder is now more inline with common mesh body. I worn Maitreya long sleeves clothes, it was 98% fit without deformer (breast still too big for Maitreya fitted mesh clothes). 

BTW, there only few pages native clothes for Legacy on MP now. So, it may be better for naturist wearing.

Lastly, I only has experience on Legacy female body. Oh yeah, I just thrown my money to sea.

amended
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If there is a deformer so that the body conforms to other body meshes with the same weighting and such, isn't that a infringement and worthy of a DMCA?

It's not because it is reverse engineering at best, derivative work at worst. Though, more importantly, one cannot copyright a shape, just as perfumes cannot copyright the scent (only the recipe).

1 minute ago, Milissa Rossini said:

If they used the developer kit from other mesh body for reverse engineering, that may be a kind of breach of user terms. It is very depending on their restrictive clauses of those agreement. I have no idea of the developer kit, so my comment is very generic. 

While they were building the body, they should have handed out developer kits to clothing, skin and accessory designers. Then when it released, instead of having deformers. They would have actually items rigged for it.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:13 AM, Chris Zeitman said:

I was surprised to see they eventually released another mesh body. What I do not understand is the reason that led them not to include this 'deformer' feature in the demo. I like how the body looks and that feature sounds pretty interesting, but I am not sure I'd want to pay for it knowing the issues we all had with this brand.

I agree the new body looks pretty damned sexy, but without including the deformer in the demo, I have no way of knowing if I'll be able to get my old TMP clothes to fit the Legacy body (They currently DO NOT). Also, I use an AG skin with my TMP Body, and the Legacy body leaves a weird band around the neck. Unless they start giving the upgrade to deluxe customers for free, I think I'll stick with my current TMP body.

After I search and tried stuffs on this Legacy female body. I found only Bluexxxx and Glams xxxxx gave some support. There is also another one gave out some over price product. Despite has those supports, it just 5 sets clothes and 1 set skin applier in the market. There are no possible way to get tattoo applier on it. It seem all applier for old TMP body cannot use for this legacy now. It has some old tattoo can be used on legacy body. It even do not have any bikini for it.  Not to mention about body make up.  

Anyone want to buy it. you have up know this.  Deformer does not really satisfactory. 

Tried to get *some* customer service from them the other day and this is what *THEY* responded -

[15:12] MeshBody: i meant to say i wasnt sure if it was possible in second life, but looking further into it, it might be possible. i will explore this possibility, ty for the feedback. (and legacy isn't tmp!)

"Legacy isnt TMP".   I'm speechless that they would lie straight up. However, I am NOT surprised .... SMH

Just thought I'd let you all know that its straight from their mouths. My trust just went from 1 to ZERO.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.