SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

All ten "Little Richard"/railway track Newbrooke regions have had their names prefixed with "SSP".  Not yet updated to the World Map, but can be seen in these regions:

Thimble Pond Farms > SSPThimble Pond Farms

Take Five > SSPTake Five

Tutti Frutti > SSPTutti Frutti

Allrutti > SSPAllrutti

Womp > SSPWomp

Bomp > SSPBomp

Baloombomp > SSPBaloombomp

Ballomp > SSPBallomp

Bamp > SSPBamp

Boomp > SSPBoomp

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

SAKURA FOUND?!

27 April 2022, 02:30 SLT/10:30 BST - I've just found 68 new regions and they all have Japanese names!!! And no, you can't go there yet! 😜

250796569_SakuraFound!27Apr2022v2.thumb.png.064d2737efc79c4ebfd9468c894a5d8a.png

The new regions (possibly the first stage of even more) are positioned just to the north of the Stilt Home regions and are currently separated by a two region wide gap of empty void spaces.

1376619198_SakuraPosition27Apr2022v1.thumb.png.d85f169b66686458bad865942b71ae5d.png

😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Interestingly, there are four regions in the new group that share the Sojisan name.

Sojisan SW,  Sojisan SE, Sojisan NW, Sojisan NE

1193907815_Sojisan27Apr2022.png.22214be96e6cd30ef180ec480e32fa6a.png

I might be wrong, but Sojisan ( 素地さん) translates as "Mr. Base"?! If it is wrong, please blame Google Translate.... 😜

"-san" (さん) is an honourific title like "Mr." is. So who or what is "Soji"? (素地). Translates as "Base material".

When @Patch Lindenannounced and opened the Sakura demo region (during the Bellisseria 3rd Anniversary speech) on 15th April 2022, he DID mention in his speech that Sakura would have a community centre and pluralised it as THEM, not as "it". (^ video time 8:30)

So, I will guess (or predict!) that these four Sojisan regions (or parts of them) WILL form (parts of) a large community centre.

And my guess for their design? Hypothetically, (and this is JUST a guess!) the four regions COULD collectively form a huge volcano (or mountain top) in the four Sojisan region corners, a destination place with a four region Resident capacity as seen elsewhere in SL, a bit like the one found at Ahern/Morris/Bonifacio/Dore on Sansara continent.

What do others think?!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Interestingly, there are four regions in the new group that share the Sojisan name.

Sojisan SW,  Sojisan SE, Sojisan NW, Sojisan NE

1193907815_Sojisan27Apr2022.png.22214be96e6cd30ef180ec480e32fa6a.png

So, I will guess (or predict!) that these four Sojisan regions (or parts of them) WILL form (parts of) a large community centre.

And my guess for their design? Hypothetically, (and this is JUST a guess!) the four regions COULD collectively form a huge volcano (or mountain top) in the very middle of all four region corners, a destination place with a four region Resident capacity as seen elsewhere in SL, a bit like the one found at Ahern/Morris/Bonifacio/Dore on Sansara continent.

What do others think?!

In Japanese, "-san" is one of the readings for the character that represents a mountain. Japanese people refer to Mt. Fuji as "Fujisan." You may be on to something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, "-san" is an honourific Japanese title given to people, things, mountains.

I'm not 100% certain that the 68 new regions are now exactly where I had earlier drawn them , the whole group of 68 regions appears to have shifted one region space north when compared to other maps which show differently. The current inworld map is also a bit confusing right now, showing multiple regions of the same name in two different places....?! 

• Like 2

Here's a list (from southwest to northeast) of the 68 regions found so far:

Mondainashi, Tsumetai Mizu, Rabubagu, Heiwana Dansu, Daijoubu, Dangomushi, Hiroi Touri, Nakunatta, Mitsukatta, Kaminarimon, Kotojazu, Gasshou, Kingyo, Shobu, Taihu, Hidari, Migi, Akiko, Yuugekishu, Kyuyu, Shinpi, Shiawasena Itachi, Sojisan SWSojisan SE, Sugureta Gohan, Haiku, Kenkyona Ikebana, Yukaina Seishin, Onsen, Ijou, Airashii Mogura, Sojisan NWSojisan NE, Hikaru Mogura, Kishimu, Sanruishu, Kyujitsu, Warau Ogawa, Hirachi, Tsukareta Mogura, Koko Wa Doko, Minami Seimon, Nemuru Tora, Yokina Usagi, Aoi Hanabatake, Shugo Ryu, Ikatteiru Tori, Miso no Yume, Sekiei, Moumoku no Ushi, Nichibotsu, Oyasuminasai, Yoake, Tanoshii Omoide, Okaerinasai, Kakureta Kodachi, Obasan Ohayo, Tsuki no Mogura, Uchikina Yurei, Sumou Gasshuku, Tsumasaki, Gyakusetsu, Rakurai, Kiyoi Mizu, Orokana Tokage, Hachidori, Oboeru, Sukina Michi.

Ok, i have typist's cramp now.... 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1978541402_SakuraMap27April2022.thumb.jpg.d6dacf885be8417b43760c57ec7bd7ea.jpg

Those orange coloured SSP markers around the region borders are usually around 100m up in the air. Sojisan's peak is poking up above the markers though. I'll take a guess and estimate Mount Soji is 120m tall....?

If you had ever wondered, the current tallest mountain in SL is Mount Campion (Campion, Heterocera continent) at 365m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am amazed at the swiftness of this!  Until just a day or two ago, they were still working steadily on Sakura everyday, as many as 7 people at a time.  In the past, they've always seemed to let the theme "cure" for a while after they finish visible work up in SSP before it comes ongrid. This is great!

• Like 3

Geographically, Sakura is very interesting!  If we just look at the area around Sojisan, the likely community center Shobu (Iris?) is immediately south of it, and neither Shobu nor the 4 Sojisan regions appear to have any parcels.  As yet, at least! It is possible that Shobu (whose waterways also appear very unique) will actually border a 4-region snowy park!  

Also, East of Sojisan there seems to be a smaller peak (look at the quadrant of regions around the SW corner of Haiku).  We should be able to crank up our telephoto lenses from there to see what's happening on Sojisan!  /me notes that Mount Fuji has two ski resorts ...

Also, the section of rail track in Shobu ends well short of the northern region edge, but in the south seems to run right up to it.  Don't see any track elsewhere ... at least yet.  Perhaps the rail line will enter Sakura from the south, and run only up to Shobu, and/or around new "Live Built" regions around the edge of the continent?  Maybe over to an eventual west portion of a chalet/Newbrooke line?

shobu.JPG.f0b8038c9609a4d084e972d0a2d1682b.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1