SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm seeing this too and from what I can tell it goes from SSP601 to SSP700. This is a massive extension and the prediction game is now open.

The Moles have moved the houseboats area today to the top right of the SSP continent with the blank regions under it.

Huge extension down south. Looks like the water regions above it are being upgraded. 

What will they be used for ? 

Thanks Daniel, yeah I noticed the SSP numbers too. So maybe it is connected to a new continent or area for a new theme... I hope so! I guess it could be the start of a new continent which will be re-positioned somewhere else.  Sooo looking forward to see what's coming next!:)

...Or, we're wrong and the LL folks have yet another couple of posts to chuckle over and shake their heads..😁

Edit: Looking at the map again I still see the houseboat area where it is in my first pic. If you zoom it it disappears and the green area shows, if you zoom out you see the houseboat area...strange...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, Layla Claven said:

I was out exploring some of the new regions earlier when I spotted these cute little three eyed fish near to a seating area with a sculpture of the chimneys/towers. They are in the SSPE238 region.

Nice find!:)  If you click the little white 'sticks' they are called 'Forgotten Nuclear Fuel Rod'. I love all this little touches the Moles add.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE238/99/84/28

The sculpture is called 'Three Meter Monument'

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Something weird going on with the SSP map. When viewed in a browser the green area covers the previous land mass when you zoom in, but it's not there when you zoom out. Inworld the map shows pieces of the original land amongst some of the new green stuff.

Pics: 1st: SSP map as it was before (zoomed out) on second life maps https://maps.secondlife.com/

2nd: zoomed in on second life maps https://maps.secondlife.com/

3rd zoomed in on map inworld

Is anyone else seeing this? I'd like to think this indicates some new theme being developed somehow on SSP, but in reality I know there could just be some simple explanation lol.

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm seeing this too and from what I can tell it goes from SSP601 to SSP700. This is a massive extension and the prediction game is now open.

The Moles have moved the houseboats area today to the top right of the SSP continent with the blank regions under it.

Huge extension down south. Looks like the water regions above it are being upgraded. 

Yep, the houseboat area has finally been moved over to where it truly lives in Bellisseria and it looks like the Moles are up to something new-.  Based on various things that Patch has said over time, and the fact that they definitely still need many more Linden Homes, I always figured the continent would continue to expand to the south.  They'll likely do trailers all the way down to the mountains and then switch to a new theme south of the mountain range.  That sounds logical anyway since the mountains will provide an easy transition spot.

Someone said that the next theme will likely be announced at the SL Christmas Expo.  I'm guessing they have some Moles starting on that theme so that they'll be in a position to roll out a large release either right after the Expo ends in mid-Dec or just after the New Year a couple of weeks later.  We have a bit over 2 months before the Expo begins and the new theme is unveiled and then 2-4 weeks after than before the release happens -- if my various assumptions are all correct, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep, the houseboat area has finally been moved over to where it truly lives in Bellisseria and it looks like the Moles are up to something new-.  Based on various things that Patch has said over time, and the fact that they definitely still need many more Linden Homes, I always figured the continent would continue to expand to the south.  They'll likely do trailers all the way down to the mountains and then switch to a new theme south of the mountain range.  That sounds logical anyway since the mountains will provide an easy transition spot.

Someone said that the next theme will likely be announced at the SL Christmas Expo.  I'm guessing they have some Moles starting on that theme so that they'll be in a position to roll out a large release either right after the Expo ends in mid-Dec or just after the New Year a couple of weeks later.  We have a bit over 2 months before the Expo begins and the new theme is unveiled and then 2-4 weeks after than before the release happens -- if my various assumptions are all correct, anyway.

Yes I heard/read the same about the Expo so I'm really looking forward to seeing hopefully some teaser about the new theme if not some example builds like they've done before. There's bound to be at least a second continent to house everyone. So much more to explore!:)

8 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

... Huge extension down south. Looks like the water regions above it are being upgraded. 

1371515704_Newextention.JPG.516aca14d6bcb3cf056e166ed22a4050.JPG

I guess the Moles have become "under cover agents" ;)

Just make a transparent "Skyplattform" as big as the region, placed in the middle and about 100m high, texture just the upper layer with grass ... then under it you can build what you want without prying eyes from above! ... and you yourself cannot even see it!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Haha 2

This extension is great news.  They were running out of room for new themes, particularly if they continue with campers in the northern central mountainous area.

And the water region work too, can't wait to see what the "aquatic" areas will be!  Patch referred to them quite a while ago, we need MOAR hints!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I can confirm the phrase "fork it," or something very similar, is often used by Moles, particularly me when scripting isn't going too well.

Can you reveal any new info on the south extension down the south of the SSP continent ?

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moles
3 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Can you reveal any new info on the south extension down the south of the SSP continent ?

As scripty-type Moles, Quartz and I usually hear about these things well after everyone else.  And, of course, we are sworn to secrecy once someone does bother to tell us.  Ain't no way you'll hear a thing from the two of us.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

The new trailer area from Wilderness Point south is very nice. Isolated, though. It could use road connections to the rest of Bellesaria. There seem to be planned points for the connections.

wildernesspointfuturebridge.thumb.jpg.7264de843269cc0c194d7f8d204faa18.jpg

End of the road. Wilderness Point, looking west to SSPE228. Looks like a future bridge site.

On the southwest side, the traditional road system and the trailer area path network both dead end into SSPE281.

sspe281connection.thumb.jpg.80c8f379330c3624e6e8422c69cabbea.jpg

Ready to connect. SSPE281.

Looking forward to being able to drive all the new areas without off-roading.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

I've just discovered a new SSP region I think north of the SSP continent named SSP Decor which is just north of the SSP2 QA Test region

When I zoom in, i now see 11 checkerboarded regions ... scratchpads? ... up near SSP Decor.  Forgive me if someone has already noted this.  (Two pics overlap each other horizontally).

Maybe templates, so that newer builders can copy & quickly lay down a basic lighthouse island, houseboat dock structure, toad interchange etc..

I doubt this has any significance, really.  just WIP?

602770137_SSPscratchpad_001.thumb.png.98c8eb1db450412c3ad6d51a20c25e92.png

202527529_SSPscratchpad_002.thumb.png.76ed3487623b192f413e3657ae9dc526.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

When I zoom in, i now see 11 checkerboarded regions ... scratchpads? ... up near SSP Decor.  Forgive me if someone has already noted this.  (Two pics overlap each other horizontally).

Maybe templates, so that newer builders can copy & quickly lay down a basic lighthouse island, houseboat dock structure, toad interchange etc..

I doubt this has any significance, really.  just WIP?

602770137_SSPscratchpad_001.thumb.png.98c8eb1db450412c3ad6d51a20c25e92.png

202527529_SSPscratchpad_002.thumb.png.76ed3487623b192f413e3657ae9dc526.png

Those have been there for a very long time. Some of them from before the initial release of the traditionals and houseboats. They just don't show up unless you scroll in on the map really close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
11 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Those have been there for a very long time. Some of them from before the initial release of the traditionals and houseboats. They just don't show up unless you scroll in on the map really close.

Several of them were used for QA purposes, and the rest we use for development and testing.   Best to regard them as scratchpads, as Nika suggests in her post.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Moles

I think there's an ancient prophecy, probably made by Magellan's enigmatic friend Stoner, about whosoever draws the fork from this cube shall be the ruler of all Pickledom.

As @Dyna Mole will confirm, our NDAs mean we could not possibly comment on rumours about our working on community areas including round tables with a booby-trapped Siege Perilous, and grid hunts with mesh grails rezzing and derezzing all over the place, even if we had heard them.

• Haha 7

Anyone noticed the Moles are adding more campers on the north east of the Bellisseria continent ? Yay! :)

New campers.JPG

Just found this while searching for SSP regions via the Map search. It's south of the learning islands and perhaps this is related somehow. 

• Winter / Christmas Houseboats ?
  • Shopping Area ?

SSPWE2019.thumb.JPG.d576ea6c446645be4b9b1a9c8aecadf4.JPG

Also found some LH Dev regions 😂

88615681_LHregions.JPG.13ad9b169f81b0d5e9544c32d3ada717.JPG

Moles love their colour selection

1747619023_LHDev.JPG.7f20bc9dab11ad047d3b91548b8e66b1.JPG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

Spotted Garden Mole making a start on SSPE69. Which is due south of were I live in Bellair

Looks like they're going to be a mixture of Traditional and Camping.

Many of us have long speculated that camper & trailers would go into much of that currently empty area on the western side.

41 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Anyone noticed the Moles are adding more campers on the north east of the Bellisseria continent ? Yay! :)

New campers.JPG

Nice - we've been speculating that the area up there would be camper/trailer areas too.

Just found this while searching for SSP regions via the Map search. It's south of the learning islands and perhaps this is related somehow. 

• Winter / Christmas Houseboats ?
  • Shopping Area ?

SSPWE2019.thumb.JPG.d576ea6c446645be4b9b1a9c8aecadf4.JPG

I would guess that the WE stands for Winter Expo -- i.e the upcoming Holiday/Christmas Expo in early Dec. 

The middle region looks like they'll be showcasing all 3 of the current Themes --- Traditional Houses at the bottom, Houseboats in the upper right and Campers/Trailers in the upper left.   My guess is that there will only be snow because the Winter Expo has to have snow.  I don't expect to see any snow regions in Bellisseria anytime soon - unless they maybe decide to make the southern mountain range a snowy area.

Likely at least part of one of the other regions will showcase the next Theme.  And since Patch has mentioned that some sort of Linden Home related Commercial area is coming, that might also be showcased at the Expo.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Many of us have long speculated that camper & trailers would go into much of that currently empty area on the western side.

Nice - we've been speculating that the area up there would be camper/trailer areas.

I would guess that the WE stands for Winter Expo -- i.e the upcoming Holiday/Christmas Expo in early Dec. 

The middle region looks like they'll be showcasing all 3 of the current Themes --- Traditional Houses at the bottom, Houseboats in the upper right and Camper/Trailers in the upper left.   My guess is that there will only be snow because the Winter Expo has to have snow.  I don't expect to see any snow regions in Bellisseria anytime soon - unless they maybe decide to make the southern mountain range a snowy area.

Likely at least part of one of the other regions will showcase the next Theme.  And since Patch has mentioned that some sort of Linden Home related Commercial area is coming, that might also be showcased at the Expo.

I agree. Yeah the Winter Expo sounds about right to me. This is the first preview of the regions I believe in that case via the map. 

The SL Christmas Expo 2019 starts December 5th to 15th December 2019. I would imagine we will get a preview sometime within those dates and then a big release in late December 2019 or in early January 2020. 

Linden Homes 4th Edition 

This year’s Expo will also feature the reveal of the long awaited 4th Edition Linden Homes and special content provided by our partner, Linden Lab. The Lights of Hope House Decorating Contest will also return for a 2nd year.

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1