SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well it looks to me like SSPWE2019 1 is a sim for the EIGHT STYLES of the NEW THEME of house and SSPWE2019 2 shows off the existing themes in a snowy backdrop. There are trailers mixed in with houses.  I don't see any houseboats "yet" though. They could possibly be going in where the plywood is -- oh there are a couple of houseboats actually up in the NE corner looks like. Wonder what WE2019 3 will be :D ?

You know that "commercial area" seems to have been dropped. Lots of talk months ago, seemingly a place FOR IT (that big empty sim where the train first appeared) but nada.  Odd.   

Based on the size of those parcels, I'm willing to bet FL money that this new "Theme" will be "Super Premium" models. Caveat: My limit my bet to $5, tops LOL

8 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Give me your $5 please.   😂

Bahahaha! I'll PM you my iMessage address and ApplePay you. But then, I'll have to charge you $5 for that big laugh you had. So, I'm thinking we're even. :P

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Stuff is happening fast on the extension. There are railway lines coming through the mountains from the tailfin: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ssp373/

There's a series of house plots with the circle roads between. They look like the paths we can see on the expo sims: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ssp601/

There's no guarantee that this is the new theme, but it's looking like it (and if it is, it looks like some sort of basic house to fill the traditional niche). This seems like a good way to get ahead, because they can sort basic layout even if the houses are still going through final checks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Stuff is happening fast on the extension. There are railway lines coming through the mountains from the tailfin: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ssp373/

There's a series of house plots with the circle roads between. They look like the paths we can see on the expo sims: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ssp601/

There's no guarantee that this is the new theme, but it's looking like it (and if it is, it looks like some sort of basic house to fill the traditional niche). This seems like a good way to get ahead, because they can sort basic layout even if the houses are still going through final checks.

Screenshot:

SSP600.JPG.847d2f8ac6ea7791381b994310c51624.JPG

Yes, can't wait for the Expo:) There's been quite a bit of activity on the green areas around SSPXT500's which I think must relate to this.  My initial thoughts are that it is some kind of 'rural' or maybe non-traditional theme - they don't really look like traditional roads of an urban area,but things do look strange on the map sometimes, so I could be totally wrong there (but also because the railroad is continuing into it, like the camper areas) . Snapshot of traditionals for contrast:

traditionals.JPG.7104897fa382472672085dc9d27e93c8.JPG

The plots certainly look like more 1024's. I think the SSP83X might hint how the homes might look...

SSP83X.JPG.74c97be4abee96b26dfa271f266ef22d.JPG

...not that we can tell much from that lol.

It's all early stages yet so it's all wild guessing from me, but I like the guessing game:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Screenshot:

SSP600.JPG.847d2f8ac6ea7791381b994310c51624.JPG

Yes, can't wait for the Expo:) There's been quite a bit of activity on the green areas around SSPXT500's which I think must relate to this.  My initial thoughts are that it is some kind of 'rural' or maybe non-traditional theme - they don't really look like traditional roads of an urban area,but things do look strange on the map sometimes, so I could be totally wrong there (but also because the railroad is continuing into it, like the camper areas) . Snapshot of traditionals for contrast:

traditionals.JPG.7104897fa382472672085dc9d27e93c8.JPG

The plots certainly look like more 1024's. I think the SSP83X might hint how the homes might look...

...not that we can tell much from that lol.

It's all early stages yet so it's all wild guessing from me, but I like the guessing game:)

Looks to me like someone spilled a jar of barrettes and hair bands .... But I can't think of how we'd live in/on them. At least it looks like they're having fun arranging them into nice patterns.

Edit: you know what I just realized, after it clicked the lower one is actually another version of Wiggle (thanks Alyona!), I'm about 75% sure the circles are terrain elevation change markers for roads, and the "barrettes" are elevation change markers for terrain around homes. If that's what they are, the top picture makes me go hmmmm

Edited by Morena Tully
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

So ironic for me... see that second-down from the top trailer, the white one? I just got THAT trailer yesterday (that region is now named Wiggle on Bellisseria.) Ironic because they started working on SSP84 (immediately east) and they had laid out the road and parcel boundaries on these, then stopped to build the entire southern Camp sites. I remember looking at these parcels (for MONTHS!) and wishing to get one of those, but knowing the odds were ridiculously against it. 

So yesterday I decided to roll for a second trailer for project work and had no idea there would be a release and I was surprised to get a trailer so quickly. I got one in Copper Kettle (cool region name.) For giggles I abandoned it and tried again and three minutes later I saw Bellisseria house and got ready to just refresh again before I realized a Camper was showing (dimmed thumbnail so knee-jerk thought: "unavailable," then realized it wouldn't show at all unless available.) So I clicked it then realized I needed to name it and all that and started to panic because these things go so quickly and I was taking too much time! (I still hadn't realized there was a new release.) 

It's perfect: In the mountains (which is what I was hoping for in whatever "Tahoe-ish" theme they come up with and yet it's a Camper (which is just plain fun and NOT an A-Frame) on the right-size parcel (so I can still keep my other place on Hetercera.)

Anyway, on that second shot I got this one and I wasn't sure I liked it... until I cammed way out to see a couple dozen regions and ... whoa! NO EFFING WAY! I ain't abandoning this one forever!  Hahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Been looking at these regions too ( https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LH Dev Final/), kinda looks like it's related to the new Linden Homes in general...594158857_LHDev.thumb.JPG.05a7f62e8486691067f767128dfbb07a.JPG

houseboats, campers, traditionals on the right...

It looks like the left are also the main 3, but some are duplicated. Some also look like roads and other pieces they use.

I've been finding some really lovely places to hang out in the new regions:

SSPE194_2.jpg.8b9626e92d6b1171dec6f12095a20460.jpg

SSPE194_1.jpg.862de8aed1cf3104cbf6d4c50b6c30e8.jpg

The location of the second pic is where new houses are bordering the campers...I like how a little bit of camping life has been carried into the house area.

And I love this cafe area, where I stopped for a break in my morning exploration. There are quite a few sets of tables and chairs with some flowers in the center area. The food is a nice touch:) Really pretty place to hangout.

SSPE195_4.thumb.jpg.a9b0ab9b7c25a22a635b2412441422df.jpg

Landmarks:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE194/109/7/25

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE195/26/20/31

sorry, didn't keep a landmark for the little camper fire, but it's nearby in SSPE194

• Like 11

I finally understand the obsession of refreshing & abandoning to find that perfect location.  Because I found my perfect, heart fluttering area! without looking, just strolling around.  Now I guess I have to wait til the region is released.  What stage is it when the red text is over all the houses & they're surrounded by yellow boundary lines?  Should I stalk it obsessively? or just  ignore that I could get-or miss out on-my dream home & just be a casual observer  🧐

Edited by GinaFreumann
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

I finally understand the obsession of refreshing & abandoning to find that perfect location.  Because I found my perfect, heart fluttering area! without looking, just strolling around.  Now I guess I have to wait til the region is released.  What stage is it when the red text is over all the houses & they're surrounded by yellow boundary lines?  Should I stalk it obsessively? or just  ignore that I could get-or miss out on-my dream home & just be a casual observer  🧐

If you really are determined to get a place in a special region you only ca do one thing: camp an ava there at all the possible release times (Mo to Fr 6am to 3pm SLT) till it is restarted (which it allways is just before releasing it). If you keep the SL window open in the background you cannot miss the restart because a LOUD howling doomsday voice will tell you "Get out of here ..." and you will be logged out if you do not logg out yourself.

That is the moment to STAY logged out (to save bandwidth), close all other windows and refresh the landpage manually like mad till you get something. There are multiple reasons though why this plan might FAIL (you may get an abandoned, they may make a long pause between restart and release) but it is the only way to be sure you are at the spot and noticing when this region is released.

To get a special plot at a special region there is no way at all I'm afraid.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

This forum is filled with tales of folks who set their hearts on a single parcel, or perhaps a set of parcels, and were not able to catch them.  But many of those same folks, and I'm one of them, accidentally caught a parcel that they fell in love with.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

This forum is filled with tales of folks who set their hearts on a single parcel, or perhaps a set of parcels, and were not able to catch them.  But many of those same folks, and I'm one of them, accidentally caught a parcel that they fell in love with.

Yes, this is the case. When I started looking for my traditional, I had only one requirement: No fences or hedges. I got lucky and kept t for a couple months. For the houseboat my only desires was in the Northwest regions so I have quick access to the waterways north and south of Bellisseria. In both cases I got lucky. Then I abandoned those to build my playground on Heterocera and saved 512 m2 for a Camper and I had only one requirement there: Next to road (duh, they all are) and nice water view - which most in the south-end campsites feature.

When I decided to roll a second Camper on a whim I figured I should get an abandoned one in a day or so if I kept at it, with zero expectation as it was going to be for project work. It is amazing that when you give up any requirements whatsoever and "just don't care" what you get as long as you get one... what can happen! LOL I had no idea there was a release and landed in Copper Kettle and though whoa, I didn't know they released these (I thought it was an abandon) - so for kicks I abandoned and rerolled and ended up in one of the very three parcels on my original "wishlist" that I dreamed of when I first saw the parcel outlines on SSP dev continent (six months ago, now?) and knew there was "no way in hell" I'd ever get one of those. :)

So maybe that's the real trick: Just don't care where it is and go for gusto in getting one.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

^ This. Originally I'd been watching regions being built and would fall in love with certain parcels. There was one in Jamesborough that I absolutely fell in love with across the road (and river) from my first ever Bellisseria house - and I didn't get it. Then I had my heart set on one in Sweetmarsh, and Pantelleria, and Goodbury. The same thing happened; I didn't catch any much less the ones I wanted. I did manage to catch a house in Donovan in quite an ideal location for many behind the beach at Puffin head. I liked that parcel and tried to love it, but after a month or so still wasn't feeling it. So I let it go. I just wanted a home on the beach; at this point any would do (so long as it wasn't near house boats due to the lag). I knew what kind of land I wanted at least, that much never wavered throughout the search.

Then I managed to catch a sandy parcel in Axim. I was so happy I finally had my beach house... (well, my alt did) but I still wanted that particular one on Well Springs. I spent weeks agonizing over it. Watching the map. Refreshing literally for hours in the hopes of just getting closer. I knew my chances were slim. It was the one time when I really was working myself up into a state; staying awake all night just in case it was released. Watching forums. Watching all the dots coming and going on that particular corner of the map. Enduring hours of mindless chatter in the groups waiting for the magic words. And then Well Springs was released...

Low and behold I managed to catch a house! BUT it wasn't the one I wanted. It wasn't the one I had my heart set on. 'Never mind', I told myself, 'I will just settle in and make the most of it. I'm not going to do any better'. And you know what happened? I realized very quickly that I had actually caught a better house than the one I though I had wanted for so long. I have one neighbour and unlike the one I wanted it's not overlooked by houses that have a direct view into my yard. It was perfect. It feels perfect and I couldn't be happier (unless house boats or something are built close by, and who knows, the map hasn't finished being filled out yet so we shall see). So finally I have a sandy beach parcel in my name and my alt has been downgraded back to basic. I don't have to search anymore.

I've moved around a lot over recent months all in the pursuit of this perfect house and this feeling of contentment others said they had experienced. Now I finally understand. So in my blind pursuit of chasing what I thought was perfect I actually found a home that fits me better. It can happen because it did for me! There's no reason to think it won't happen for other people. There's my happy long-winded rant for the day, and good luck to those that are still looking. Hang in there! :D 

*steps down off soap box and goes back to sunning herself on virtual sand under a virtual sun*

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

^ This. Originally I'd been watching regions being built and would fall in love with certain parcels. There was one in Jamesborough that I absolutely fell in love with across the road (and river) from my first ever Bellisseria house - and I didn't get it. Then I had my heart set on one in Sweetmarsh, and Pantelleria, and Goodbury. The same thing happened; I didn't catch any much less the ones I wanted. I did manage to catch a house in Donovan in quite an ideal location for many behind the beach at Puffin head. I liked that parcel and tried to love it, but after a month or so still wasn't feeling it. So I let it go. I just wanted a home on the beach; at this point any would do (so long as it wasn't near house boats due to the lag). I knew what kind of land I wanted at least, that much never wavered throughout the search.

Then I managed to catch a sandy parcel in Axim. I was so happy I finally had my beach house... (well, my alt did) but I still wanted that particular one on Well Springs. I spent weeks agonizing over it. Watching the map. Refreshing literally for hours in the hopes of just getting closer. I knew my chances were slim. It was the one time when I really was working myself up into a state; staying awake all night just in case it was released. Watching forums. Watching all the dots coming and going on that particular corner of the map. Enduring hours of mindless chatter in the groups waiting for the magic words. And then Well Springs was released...

Low and behold I managed to catch a house! BUT it wasn't the one I wanted. It wasn't the one I had my heart set on. 'Never mind', I told myself, 'I will just settle in and make the most of it. I'm not going to do any better'. And you know what happened? I realized very quickly that I had actually caught a better house than the one I though I had wanted for so long. I have one neighbour and unlike the one I wanted it's not overlooked by houses that have a direct view into my yard. It was perfect. It feels perfect and I couldn't be happier (unless house boats or something are built close by, and who knows, the map hasn't finished being filled out yet so we shall see). So finally I have a sandy beach parcel in my name and my alt has been downgraded back to basic. I don't have to search anymore.

I've moved around a lot over recent months all in the pursuit of this perfect house and this feeling of contentment others said they had experienced. Now I finally understand. So in my blind pursuit of chasing what I thought was perfect I actually found a home that fits me better. It can happen because it did for me! There's no reason to think it won't happen for other people. There's my happy long-winded rant for the day, and good luck to those that are still looking. Hang in there! :D 

*steps down off soap box and goes back to sunning herself on virtual sand under a virtual sun*

This :)  Nice job Rae.  I had a similar experience and at the moment my partner and I couldn't be happier with our decisions to move and our ultimate score.  It happens!  What you don't realize you really need from a home just lands in your lap and then you realize "this is actually what I needed all along."  And then the overflowing "Thank you, Lindens!  Thank you!  Merci mille fois!" 

• Like 6

Thanks Leora, thats great advice.  I'm not going to be upset if I don't get something similar right away, I'm usually patient & its fun anticipating in the meantime.  This spot is something I absolutely didn't think I'd ever want, but when I saw the surroundings It sent me back to my early childhood, when my father would bring us to a small pond in the hot summer.  I could almost smell the water from my memories.  It literally made my heart jump--such a thrill.  I looked around, & had the same feeling of marvel & joy I felt when I first discovered SL so many years ago.

• Like 8

Yanno, sometimes I think that they're actually doing new theme development elsewhere, and they're just playing with us on the SSP continent now.  I mean, really.  SSP601-604.

1442298916_Jerkingourchain.PNG.5e9bfa098f3ff18fca7dab33785368ee.PNG

Blimps?  Morse code for "look elsewhere"? 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yanno, sometimes I think that they're actually doing new theme development elsewhere, and they're just playing with us on the SSP continent now.  I mean, really.  SSP601-604.

1442298916_Jerkingourchain.PNG.5e9bfa098f3ff18fca7dab33785368ee.PNG

Blimps?  Morse code for "look elsewhere"? 

Could those be the pylons for an elevated rail system? Like they have in Chicago and New York? What if the new theme is "Urban-ish"?

The bridge is what leads me to think that. It's linking some kind of vehicle road or track but we cannot see what could be reasonably resembled as a road or a track. The . for some reason that ancient movie "Fugitive" popped into my head and I remember the scene where the cops are listening the background sounds from a recording and one says "Isn't that an Ell?" - Which confused the heck out of me LOL

BUT, then I remembered "Elevated Train" and I remember riding one in New York (because may of the subways convert to elevated trains out in the 'burbs".

So that's my new theory, but not gonna place any bets because @Patch Linden will call my bluff! Besides, I'm so totally shooting from the hip, in the dark, while blindfolded here. Bahahaha! LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Looks like it could be - can anyone else see the faint outline of squares along the mysterious pieces? They look rather close together and have 12-18 per region, so maybe urban lots?

It's hard to tell because that srceenshot looks like the web map and there's always better detail on the in-world map.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Could those be the pylons for an elevated rail system? Like they have in Chicago and New York? What if the new theme is "Urban-ish"?

The bridge is what leads me to think that. It's linking some kind of vehicle road or track but we cannot see what could be reasonably resembled as a road or a track. The . for some reason that ancient movie "Fugitive" popped into my head and I remember the scene where the cops are listening the background sounds from a recording and one says "Isn't that an Ell?" - Which confused the heck out of me LOL

BUT, then I remembered "Elevated Train" and I remember riding one in New York (because may of the subways convert to elevated trains out in the 'burbs".

So that's my new theory, but not gonna place any bets because @Patch Linden will call my bluff! Besides, I'm so totally shooting from the hip, in the dark, while blindfolded here. Bahahaha! LOL

They look like roads to me. I've seen this type of thing pop up on Bellisseria before. Perhaps mesh? From the looks of it, our current roads are prim(but I could be wrong).

The region textures they used don't speak city urban, but I could see maybe Cali or Florida urban?

I know patch teased that other house(and he had teased a window sill a long while back at one point), but we don't necessarily know if that is indeed the new style.. or they are going to surprise us with 2.

Edited by s2Pandora