SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I wanna know who squandered a fabulous region name like "We Are Doomed" on a development region!   What a great name it would have been for the nukes' region! 

We can only hope that there's some other disaster lurking in Belli - maybe a disco region, or one dedicated to politics -  that they could use that name for.

• Haha 1

This is an interesting line from that article:

"Expo visitors will be treated with the newest premier member homes as well as some very VERY Special Linden surprises and incentives! (We can’t tell you now and spoil the Christmas Surprise can we?)"

Incentives to get a Linden Home? Incentives to go (or stay) Premium?   Is this the Super Duper Premium?   Will that actually happen before the end of the year?   Ah the mysteries.  

Edit: Judging by the number of now premium people that I know who have told me they will be going back to basic when their membership runs out, I am looking forward to some really exciting announcements :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I agree. Yeah the Winter Expo sounds about right to me. This is the first preview of the regions I believe in that case via the map. 

The SL Christmas Expo 2019 starts December 5th to 15th December 2019. I would imagine we will get a preview sometime within those dates and then a big release in late December 2019 or in early January 2020. 

Linden Homes 4th Edition 

I had saved the page the other day and then forgot to actually go back and read it.

7 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Anyone noticed the Moles are adding more campers on the north east of the Bellisseria continent ? Yay! :)

Just found this while searching for SSP regions via the Map search. It's south of the learning islands and perhaps this is related somehow. 

• Winter / Christmas Houseboats ?
  • Shopping Area ?

SSPWE2019.thumb.JPG.d576ea6c446645be4b9b1a9c8aecadf4.JPG

Also found some LH Dev regions 😂

Moles love their colour selection

Yes the Moles have been adding those campers for some days now (maybe a couple of weeks, I can't remember exactly see earlier posts). They've added a couple of really nice waterfalls with rivers up there, I recommend checking it out, they look great. Seems to me that they're building this area up quite quickly. Patch had said they hoped the process would get faster over time, and I think you can see signs of that already both for houses and campers.

WE2019 1, I wonder if that could  perhaps be examples the commercial spots Patch suggested they may implement. Listening to the Meet the Lindens interview again recently he mentions them and I did wonder about them as we haven't seen anything in any of the newer house or camper regions.

But of course it may  change by December. I think WE2019 3 is for the new theme as it looks very much like the green land we've seen on the SSP map recently.

Oh the fun of speculating!:)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

This is an interesting line from that article:

"Expo visitors will be treated with the newest premier member homes as well as some very VERY Special Linden surprises and incentives! (We can’t tell you now and spoil the Christmas Surprise can we?)"

Incentives to get a Linden Home? Incentives to go (or stay) Premium?   Is this the Super Duper Premium?   Will that actually happen before the end of the year?   Ah the mysteries. 

Edit: Judging by the number of now premium people that I know who have told me they will be going back to basic when their membership runs out, I am looking forward to some really exciting announcements :D. 

Could you provide a link to the article please (couldn't work out where this is from - haven't had any coffee yet...)

I'm open to incentives!:) I hope there are some and that they're good! I may have to go basic when mine runs out, which I really don't want to do, so I'll be watching eagerly for anything.

4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Could you provide a link to the article please (couldn't work out where this is from - haven't had any coffee yet...)

I'm open to incentives!:) I hope there are some and that they're good! I may have to go basic when mine runs out, which I really don't want to do, so I'll be watching eagerly for anything.

It was in a post a bit before mine :D.  https://slchristmasexpo.com/

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

SSPWE2019.thumb.JPG.d576ea6c446645be4b9b1a9c8aecadf4.JPG

I'm betting WE2019 1 will be the new theme preview, the parcel sizes appear to be the same as the Traditionals' sizes and the layout looks about right for a LL Home preview. If it is a new theme, the layout with a lot fewer homes on it could suggest eight styles and a simple display of each, or something to do with any Super Premium announcement and perk, such as 1024 m2 LLHome with two-times (or more?) LI allotment. As for the rest of the objects... only "They" know. I may be way off-course, but me mind never stops spinnin'! I expect @Patch Linden to put on his Let's be EEEVIIIL Hat and start dropping teaser pictures this and next month. Muahahaha!

15 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I expect the "Super Premium" to be one of the surprise announcements. As for "incentives"... that could be anything and I do remember during SL16B Lindens and Ebbie alluding to "more perks for Premiums" - so I am also suspecting an update to (regular?) Premium benefits.

Edited by Alyona Su

34 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

As per this post:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/?do=findComment&comment=1981364

Looks like new terrain perhaps on the newest extension to SSP:

Just spotted this on the SL map. Terrain certainly looks a little different. If the next theme has something to do with trains as Patch hinted at Meet the Lindens, then it would make sense to perhaps continue the land below so the railway tracks from the camper regions can continue down into it.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

I'm concerned that the current two-region wide north-south sea channel between Bellisseria and Jeogeot continents is going to be lost or constricted to accommodate this new southern extension to Bellisseria.

As someone who enjoys remote and long-distance voyages between the continents, free from clutter, lag and land, this extension is sad news and highly disappointing. For example, the addition of SSP601 region will replace sea channel region Ancient Mariner. Likewise SSP602 will replace Remember Amistad. These two regions form part of the current two-region wide sea channel between the continents.

This new southern extension means that 13 sea channel regions will be lost. And providing a narrow coastal water channel instead, such as that found in Gazaway region, is inadequate.  

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I'm concerned that the current two-region wide north-south sea channel between Bellisseria and Jeogeot continents is going to be lost or constricted to accommodate this new southern extension to Bellisserria.

It seems to me that it's not so much that the connection channel will be taken away, but that the connection will be much shorter. While that may take from your enjoyment of long voyages, that's a vast open space that is needed, like it or not, to develop more land. This is one case where they can't keep everyone happy, but they can certainly please a majority.

• Like 3

I think it's obvious that the 2-region wide channel heading south was only ever going to be a temporary solution until more continents came online. There was mention of needing at least 38,000 new homes to cover all currently occupied old style linden homes, which translates into several continents. No doubt the final position of Belliserria was chose specifically to enable at least one more continent to be wedged in between Belli itself and Jeogeot. 

The current channel heading south, whilst convenient, is frankly, horrendously boring, and i'm willing to bet that most people who enjoy sailing (and flying too) would much rather travel along the coast of another gorgeous continent rather that gawk at endless sea ;)

The new continent will not only be a great place to explore (like Bellisseria is), it will provide thousands more new-style homes to premium members - and frankly that's more important.

• Like 7

New stream and more campers are being put in (SSPE100) and around the outside of the Bellisseria continent if you follow the mountain ranges.

SSPE100_001.thumb.jpg.241c7e76e57ab2feb226ad054adb4452.jpg

It's not showing on the map yet but it's there if you visit the outer regions.

SSPE100.JPG.558fda8631a690183eb3b1e65a7c54cd.JPG

It looks like the Moles are now filling the huge empty areas around the continent with new streams, new areas and campers. 

1819544428_GreenAreas.JPG.d8469520f5292ffdbddd1972be052cee.JPG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I've said elsewhere before, the two region wide channel is a temporary bridge between the continents.  It is not necessary to maintain it in present form and will be replaced with regions as we work our south and east.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

36 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I've said elsewhere before, the two region wide channel is a temporary bridge between the continents.  It is not necessary to maintain it in present form and will be replaced with regions as we work our south and east.  

That makes sense. @Patch Linden

Just wondering if you could answer these questions if you have some time. Thanks! 

• What is the estimated number of new homes that need to be built now ? Is it around the 38, 000 mark like stated above ? 
  • Are the old Linden home continents going to be closed down next year ? (my suggestion is to move the whole of them next to the Bellisseria continent so folks can go travel between the old and new)
Edited by Daniel Voyager

29 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

That makes sense. @Patch Linden

Just wondering if you could answer these questions if you have some time. Thanks! 

• What is the estimated number of new homes that need to be built now ? Is it around the 38, 000 mark like stated above ? 
  • Are the old Linden home continents going to be closed down next year ? (my suggestion is to move the whole of them next to the Bellisseria continent so folks can go travel between the old and new)

My "very" vague recollection of the 38,000 number is that it represents the number of current old Linden Homes, not the number occupied, but that could definitely be wrong.  Patch had mentioned that number way back in a discussion (an early interview, maybe) about how many homes needed to be built or something along those lines. I think I actually have that the post containing the comment bookmarked - will check when I get home from work if confirmation one way or the other doesn't happen before then.

While Patch and the Moles have made tremendous progress on homes released and on how quickly they are now building things, I still have a hard time believing that the old stuff can be closed down next year.  Well, at least not fully shut down.  Not only do they have to have enough homes such there is an actual surplus, but then they do have to work with all existing residents to get them moved, which means at least a few months of "eviction" notice (so to speak) for anyone that isn't voluntarily moving over or those that don't log in often.  With all the build out still needed, plus time to give everyone 'move notice' that hasn't done so on their own, I'd say end of next year at the earliest.  Then again, the speed of LL's rollout of the Campers/Trailers surprised me, so I could most definitely be proven wrong in my guesses about the old homes.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While Patch and the Moles have made tremendous progress on homes released and on how quickly they are now building things, I still have a hard time believing that the old stuff can be closed down next year.  Well, at least not fully shut down.  Not only do they have to have enough homes such there is an actual surplus, but then they do have to work with all existing residents to get them moved, which means at least a few months of "eviction" notice (so to speak) for anyone that isn't voluntarily moving over or those that don't log in often.  With all the build out still needed, plus time to give everyone 'move notice' that hasn't done so on their own, I'd say end of next year at the earliest.  Then again, the speed of LL's rollout of the Campers/Trailers surprised me, so I could most definitely be proven wrong in my guesses about the old homes.

Two things to consider -- well  at least. I thought of three. 

When that statement was made LL had no idea how popular the Belli homes would be for the "oldbies",  so many of the new homes taken were NOT by "new folks" or even those moving over from the ten year old homes, but by regular citizens (and sometimes many alts who are of course also citizens).  So LL's estimated time line from long ago could be WAY off because of that surprise.

We don't yet know how many people will actually go back to basic when their current yearly memberships are up. From the comments I have heard -- unless LL pulls something out of their hats which of course they could -- there may be MANY less premium members eligible to live in Linden Homes. 

We haven't seen what the Super Duper Premium includes but that could definitely shift interest away from Belli.

All of these possibilities come into play when reassessing how many Belli homes will ACTUALLY be needed now.  While I don't think LL took the price hike, bargain offer and backlash from both changes into enough account, I am pretty sure they are counting on the Super Duper Premium to negate some of the NEED for Belli houses -- and most likely had that as part of the "end of the year demise" from the beginning.   I do agree though that it certainly SEEMS like the older homes may be around longer than that. Actually I remember the comment as being something like "around the first of the year or so" type of thing which even back then could have meant Spring.  That's just a memory so we can wait and see what the official comment really was :D.   

I wonder, is this southern extension actually part of Belli, or will it be large enough and different enough to warrant a new "theme" all of its own? (Speaking from the land page perspective).   Although largely contiguous, there are natural barriers between it & Belli of some high hills and an east-west river.

Incidentally,  @SarahKB7 Koskinen   , the presence of that river also gives me some hope that more water regions will eventually come to fringe the new area.  I hope it will be possible to sail around the entire SSP continent in a good-sized boat, but if the exterior waterways aren't large enough to permit a flotilla of aircraft carriers to "invade", well lol, maybe that's just as well.

@Daniel Voyager Patch mentions over 38000 in this interview:

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionone

@Chic Aeon makes some good points I think. There were some voices in the forum saying they would not renew the premium because of the increased cost. Of course, we know that it is usually a minority that participates in the forum, so whether this will prove to be true for many more members we just don't know. But I think it could be a factor in premium uptake going forward, so I think there probably will need to be more incentives.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I wonder, is this southern extension actually part of Belli, or will it be large enough and different enough to warrant a new "theme" all of its own? (Speaking from the land page perspective).   Although largely contiguous, there are natural barriers between it & Belli of some high hills and an east-west river.

Incidentally,  @SarahKB7 Koskinen   , the presence of that river also gives me some hope that more water regions will eventually come to fringe the new area.  I hope it will be possible to sail around the entire SSP continent in a good-sized boat, but if the exterior waterways aren't large enough to permit a flotilla of aircraft carriers to "invade", well lol, maybe that's just as well.

I'm going with the assumption that the new area will still be considered Bellisseria and that we will eventually see bridges connecting it to the southern mountain range regions.

I'd also be wiling to bet that eventually one will be able to properly sail around the entire continent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

@Daniel Voyager Patch mentions over 38000 in this interview:

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionone

@Chic Aeon makes some good points I think. There were some voices in the forum saying they would not renew the premium because of the increased cost. Of course, we know that it is usually a minority that participates in the forum, so whether this will prove to be true for many more members we just don't know. But I think it could be a factor in premium uptake going forward, so I think there probably will need to be more incentives.

Thanks for posting that link - I was thinking it was an interview somewhere.

While there have been some saying they will not renew, there are also those that don't renew due to the pricing, but never spoke about such because they don't participate in the forums.  There will also be the batch that say they won't renew, but they really will because they were just blowing off steam about the price hike.  So while I do think the price hike will cause some to drop their Premium, I think it is really hard to make any sort of guess as to what percentage of Premiums that will really be.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

New stream and more campers are being put in (SSPE100) and around the outside of the Bellisseria continent if you follow the mountain ranges.

It's not showing on the map yet but it's there if you visit the outer regions.

SSPE100.JPG.558fda8631a690183eb3b1e65a7c54cd.JPG

If you study the SSPE continent, new trailers will also creep into the mountain is SSP83 (the beginning of foundation is already there, as is on SSPE100). I'll make a presumption to figure the paved road in SSP83 will connect to Campsite dirt roads, also. (Edit to clarify): You can see the work on the in-world map, I forgot that you usually use the web map for these.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1