SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

13 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

He said something about needing  power for his griswold house lighting...I didn't understand the reference 🙂

An old movie I remember called National Lampoon Christmas or something, the family name is Griswold and even "The Grinch" movie doesn't come close to what they did with Christmas lights on the house!  Netflix FTW!  :) (I like watching the ancient movies my parents grew up with LOL)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

An old movie I remember called National Lampoon Christmas or something, the family name is Griswold and even "The Grinch" movie doesn't come close to what they did with Christmas lights on the house!  Netflix FTW!  :) (I like watching the ancient movies my parents grew up with LOL)

Ancient?!

It came out in 1989... I was two years out of high school... movies made in the 30s and 40s are ancient... aren't they?!

OH GOD!

giphy.gif.26ba7bb6044c0a07f593e91b66c85f1b.gif

I'll just be over here crying in my Metamucil...

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Ancient?!

It came out in 1989... I was two years out of high school... movies made in the 30s and 40s are ancient... aren't they?!

OH GOD!

giphy.gif.26ba7bb6044c0a07f593e91b66c85f1b.gif

I'll just be over here crying in my Metamucil...

I was born in 1987. ~cough, cough~

Wait... when I hit thirty, that's not being old!?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

Thanks guys...adding it to my Netflix list...not even addressing the "ancient" issue😎

Hey, even the oldest movies are still just as great the first time as they were when they were released :) Though the Lindens are experts at coming up with weird names, DuckDuckGo search brings nothing that is not related to SL for "Bellisseria", but they did slip on this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7513180/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_20

31 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

(I like watching the ancient movies my parents grew up with LOL)

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Ancient?!

OH GOD!

14 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I was born in 1987. ~cough, cough~

Wait... when I hit thirty, that's not being old!?

Kids!

Image result for old lady in rocking chair images

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

movies made in the 30s and 40s are ancient... aren't they?!

I grew up watching movies from the 1920s through the 1970s on the 1916 movie projector we had out in our barn (I still have it, no longer working). As I see it, movie technology is far too new for any movie to be ancient.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I grew up watching movies from the 1920s through the 1970s on the 1916 movie projector we had out in our barn (I still have it, no longer working). As I see it, movie technology is far too new for any movie to be ancient.

I'm disappointed, Maddy. I saw you'd posted the most recent comment in this thread, and just KNEW you were lured in by the prospect of nuclear reactors (not movies)!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was already out of college, had bought a house, and had 2 kids by then.   If you are old, then apparently that 'ancient' word is my description.

The youngsters might have bone mass and the ability to remember names, but we've got life satisfaction, happiness with our bodies, psychological well-being, and damn good vocabularies!

5996022514000020002c3580-475x530.png.b987e7903150986931c5ecee43e199b2.png

#winning

(Cut me some slack... I turn 50 in a month and 1 day and I'm struggling with THE Change!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Oh the oldies were the best!  Walking for months to see this, uphill both ways... barefoot!  🤣😂

Hobbles off to find a track of Frank Hayes' "When I Was a Boy" on YouTube....  Oh, hey, Tom Smith.  Yeah, that'll do.

• Haha 1

This rambling question is for people who drop homes like flies .

After a couple weeks of refresh I snagged a houseboat a few days ago, but seeing the nuclear towers tells me that trailer parks are coming. 😜

Is it just a grab for whatever timezone it drops? I hate to spend time making this home when I know I want something else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

This rambling question is for people who drop homes like flies .

After a couple weeks of refresh I snagged a houseboat a few days ago, but seeing the nuclear towers tells me that trailer parks are coming. 😜

Is it just a grab for whatever timezone it drops? I hate to spend time making this home when I know I want something else.

Well kinda, they release from 7am -4pm SLT  MON, WED, and FRI.   although sometimes on TUES and THURS too.    However folks are abandoning properties around the clock. For instance 2 traditional just went by this past 1/2 hour.  (Around midnight SLT time)  I too gave up my houseboat, it was nice, in a great spot, but didn't feel like home to me.   I take it you want a trailer?

• Like 2

Not sure if this was already posted.  More camper work on the SSP continent - I lose the green parcel markers in SPS247 if I scroll out:

image.png.c388ab64d9f2b0db70aabb36d5502967.png

That corresponds to this area on the actual Bellisseria continent - some of the regions are not even placed yet:

image.thumb.png.0e2c9f536ee67ef803ba6d90617380f7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TessaPaige Jupiter said:

LOL Alyona! I was at the 3 Mile Island spot on SSPE238 yesterday. I had to do a double take.  I wonder what they are doing with those structures?

I really do love it when the Moles and Lindens creates "parodies" or "facsimiles" of RL things. For example: did you know that Crows Nest lighthouse in the Blake Sea is modeled after a real one? If you alt-cam inside (the door has been broken for years now, so you cannot walk inside) - there is a hatch in the floor. Open the hatch and alt-cam straight down and you will see a photograph of the RL lighthouse. It is actually an amazingly accurate reproduction (and using *prims*).

• Like 7