SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

What do you guys think this big red circle is for? 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE106/198/103/21

If you click on it >Edit, you can see the object name - it's a place holder for a community spot. It's been quite interesting to see the working stages of the moles to implement the new homes.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

What do you guys think this big red circle is for?  

Snapshot_773.thumb.png.1cf11c0f897897c039068305f52f0c8a.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE106/198/103/21

There's a lighthouse right across the way, and it also seems small to be a lighthouse, so we can probably eliminate that. It could be a squishy pickle shack, but the area doesn't look quite beachy enough. So I'm guessing probably a new community pool! Which would be great, since that northern-central area of the map is low on community gathering spots. Perfect place for one :)

Edited by Teager
  • Like 2

Took a pic of the houses so far....

oGYu3nU.png

... And of the regions that the houseboats are going to be put in (SSPE90 and SSPE106, not yet visible on the map as I write this)
New regions added in today are SSPE89, SSPE90, SSPE105, SSPE106 and SSPE107.
If there are more, then I missed it.

1dkX5dd.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, EnchantrixBrighton said:

Oh that was you! 🤣

Yep, I ended up somewhere in space after a crazy sim crossing

Snapshot_783.thumb.png.6e910da484f0e277f1e0a504ffa13e90.png

I don't think speed works so well for me, I'm going back to fishing where it is safe.. with the exception of an occasional shark :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

oGYu3nU.png

... And of the regions that the houseboats are going to be put in (SSPE90 and SSPE106, not yet visible on the map as I write this)

1dkX5dd.png

The red circle could be a small sandbox area or pier 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

It's interesting watching this develop almost directly across the road from me. I've terrible envy in that I want one of those waterfront homes (that's not a houseboat) but I also know the second I give up my current land I'm likely going to end up further inland than where I currently sit. It's frustrating but still in a way exciting if just to watch this artwork come to life.

As for the red circle, I'll throw my opinion out there and guess it will be something community oriented. I could be wrong. It's a common occurrence. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I think it’s just a spacer to keep the area clear during building for boats to access that parcel near the land once it’s all finished.

I've just seen this on another thread so there goes my theory :P

“The red circle prim is: "Community Area placeholder"“

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Better information
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

oGYu3nU.png

1dkX5dd.png

Giant game of “Hollywood Squares”.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

As for the red circle, I'll throw my opinion out there and guess it will be something community oriented. I could be wrong. It's a common occurrence. 

12 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I think it’s just a spacer to keep the area clear during building for boats to access that parcel near the land once it’s all finished.

Maybe a boat ramp that many have asked for.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cryogen Crimson said:

One ring to rule them all , 

one ring to to find them,

one ring to bring them all and in the 

darkness bind them in the land of Bellis.. 

erm  Mordor where the shadows are.

🤣

It is my precious!  

I'm taking it home with me :)

Snapshot_789.thumb.png.f2a3c7baf332179567c70029a3af3ae6.png

Snapshot_790.thumb.png.fb8daaa5ee56881e28d83e77a82220c9.png

The moles shouldn't mind too much, I think it will fit in lovely next to my fireplace.

• Haha 14

On 6/6/2019 at 10:03 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I wonder if this is what you saw in SSP when you talked about red or orange chimneys. Does this look like what you might have seen?

There are a few (maybe three) of the new houses today showing up on the map. They are mixed in with the others with different characteristics.  Those three DO look much like what I saw on SSP -- except then it was a whole sim of the same markers. So likely a version of the layout process IS what I saw long ago -- just a whole REGION all looking the same, not what we see on the map currently at the new area.  

1228556748_setupbuildings.jpg.69276a028db1ec2a857ac68e3c49e7f1.jpg

Trouble editing this so adding this photo of that actually house layout.  Looks like the mystery is solved. Whatever that green footprint BELOW the house is, the colors mix with the roof to make a darker green visually when there are only so many pixels to see. 

image.thumb.png.b0d8549b3e5cd434df0ccbd0b3bd762c.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

There are a few (maybe three) of the new houses today showing up on the map. They are mixed in with the others with different characteristics.  Those three DO look much like what I saw on SSP -- except then it was a whole sim of the same markers. So likely a version of the layout process IS what I saw long ago -- just a whole REGION all looking the same, not what we see on the map currently at the new area.  

1228556748_setupbuildings.jpg.69276a028db1ec2a857ac68e3c49e7f1.jpg

Trouble editing this so adding this photo of that actually house layout.  Looks like the mystery is solved. Whatever that green footprint BELOW the house is, the colors mix with the roof to make a darker green visually when there are only so many pixels to see. 

image.thumb.png.b0d8549b3e5cd434df0ccbd0b3bd762c.png

Those arrows = Linden Homes 32x32 Parcel Encroachment Checker V2.1

The next super premium key ability should be a access to a spy satellite. Fly over anywhere and take perfectly rendered long lens pictures of any region, but we have to watch its zig zagging across the grid and calculate when to request our 1 photo to be taken. Time slices are first come first serve. Costs L$10.

Super Premium Dreams - I want Ebbe, Patch, et al, to stop by my boat once a week for a private chat about everything I might want to ever happen or be granted to me in SL at any given moment. "Hi Beth. How may we be of service to you today?" 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The next super premium key ability should be a access to a spy satellite. Fly over anywhere and take perfectly rendered long lens pictures of any region, but we have to watch its zig zagging across the grid and calculate when to request our 1 photo to be taken. Time slices are first come first serve. Costs L$10.

Super Duper Premiums shouldn't have to pay -- only the lower level Premiums have to pay - and of course, non-Premiums can't have it at all.

:D

• Haha 1