SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, 'soonish' could easily mean a couple of weeks.

and that's the thing about that darn clock- it's just going to keep spinning until Patch comes & stops it, only he can read its time and so putting it out there for us to watch? That's evil- wonderfully so.  😛

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

With the 700 houseboats, the page was freezing for many, who had to just continue refreshing and selecting. Some stopped and thought they were sold out, but it was not. I assume Auto-refresh will make it go smoother.

To use Auto-refresh has been widespread both here, and in inworld groups. I am sure it's plenty more who know how to use it now, with this release. And it's a small release. I think you are right, they will be gone in minutes. 10 - 15 minutes?

The problem for me and many others (comments on forums on the release day) was that once you appeared to HAVE a house or houseboat and went to the next page  where you "picked it up" -- you got an error message. I was NOT using autorefresh, just pressing F5.  This happened continuously for me with two different error messages. One message suggested that someone else got "my" house (sorry out of stock when obviously they were not as many sims had no dots in them and it was at the very beginning)  and the other that the form just wasn't working.   

This was the first time there was actually a feeding frenzy and there ARE ways to make this work better. Hopefully the website folks will have made some improvements as it was definitely not the fun experience that the first release was.  I can  can't see how auto-refresh will solve this issue.    And yes, likely the houses and houseboats will be gone very quickly.  

I am still in the not very "soon" camp.  Moving the term from "soon" to "soonish" doesn't sound like FASTER to me.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
can to can't - forgot part of the word duh
  • Like 1

In hindsight: we'll undoubtedly get a 24 hr heads up again from Patch. From a marketing perspective, releasing at or just after the SL16th makes most sense. I see one or two trad houses  abandoned per day, anyone can get lucky so just keep that chrome working it like a drag queen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Missed that. Thanks.  While it could be a "perfect plot Mole alt" abode (much deserving), it could also be that there will be more houseboats in that area as Patch said he wanted to do "something different" with this roll.   Time will tell.

image.thumb.png.94a4b96e84b81993f19ff1272b91d95b.png

The map look different now. Nothing in Whiskey Bay, SSPE107 and SSPE92CW.

SSPE107 is named Bellisseria Bay. It does not show up on the map, but when I run the mouse marker over the mini-map, the sim between SSPE106 and Whiskey Bay is named Bellisseria Bay.

But where are the houseboats? I hope they come back. They were so nice. And what a prominent address, living in Bellisseria Bay?

sspe107.png

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Still confused, the previous post to mine shows new development in SSPE107 and Whiskey Bay too.. yet that stuff wasn't there either 😕

I spotted some moles out on the water over there (blue dots on mini map) , across from where the new houseboats are (SSPE107) and saw some land being created. It's disappeared couple of times though, and then come back again. So I reckon some work commencing there soon too, which would line up with what you can see on the SSP map of the same regions..although it won't show on the world map yet.

mole watch.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
On SSP map there's no land there, another chunck of land is further down off the coast - slight error on my part:)
  • Like 3

I made some very crude illustrations. The orange/red is houseboats. The brown is the piers. The dark blue is the 32x32 boat plots.

Have you noticed that the boats is placed so you stare into another boat from the largest windows?

houseboat.jpg.2446c00037b011768a393bfc497dfafe.jpg

But if the boats was placed differently, the large windows in the front would look out over water.

houseboat2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I made some very crude illustrations. The orange/red is houseboats. The brown is the piers. The dark blue is the 32x32 boat plots.

Have you noticed that the boats is placed so you stare into another boat from the largest windows?

houseboat.jpg.2446c00037b011768a393bfc497dfafe.jpg

But if the boats was placed differently, the large windows in the front would look out over water.

houseboat2.jpg

I commented about this in another thread, showing my views with the different boat styles.   In my case, I've got two sides open to water, but only 2 of the styles actually look out those directions.  It would be so nice if I could rotate the boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

it could also be that there will be more houseboats in that area

You missed that part of my post -- the "could be" part. That photo was an EXAMPLE of what could happen. There is lots of room in those EMPTY ocean - bay areas to add more "atolls". Sorry for the confusion.  

If you look closely at my "insert" you can see that those are obviously houseboats that forks are living it --- all that visableclutter :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

You missed that part of my post -- the "could be" part. That photo was an EXAMPLE of what could happen. There is lots of room in those EMPTY ocean - bay areas to add more "atolls". Sorry for the confusion.  

A girl can dream.... 😢 about Bellisseria Bay.

It wasn't you who was confusing, it was the look of it. It looked like it was finished. Maybe they used it as a building plot and moved them.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

A girl can dream.... 😢 about Bellisseria Bay.

It wasn't you who was confusing, it was the look of it. It looked like it was finished. Maybe they used it as a building plot and moved them.

No, -- I MADE THAT SCREENSHOT by cutting out some houseboats from another part of the map.  We have done that often here from time to time. So what I posted was NEVER there!  :D.  Something like that might be there in the future but there have been no hints at all.  I was just wondering about that lone houseboat over by the lighthouse (posted above my post a bit) and thinking that was pretty odd unless it "connected" somehow to more houseboats.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I commented about this in another thread, showing my views with the different boat styles.   In my case, I've got two sides open to water, but only 2 of the styles actually look out those directions.  It would be so nice if I could rotate the boat.

This is also the main reason I'm not a fan of the houseboat square lots ... if they did turn them it would also make more room for those that want linger boats without having to turn them sideways... just seems less awkward overall.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

This is also the main reason I'm not a fan of the houseboat square lots ... if they did turn them it would also make more room for those that want linger boats without having to turn them sideways... just seems less awkward overall.

Luckily, I'm on a parcel with 2 sides looking to water and 2 of the boat styles work for that, one of which is the boat style I had already chosen.  It does mean that I'll likely never switch the 2 styles that have me looking at my neighbors - and also really glad now that I got the actual location that I did with the square parcel.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

Seems, there more houseboats coming .. saw just this on SSPE139. Its not visibile on the world map but if you in that area (near by the new airport/rezzone/lighthouse spot, you see it on local map ...

Aw, you beat me to it!!!!

gcGZu8c.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Prediction: Houses and/or boats will be released this weekend to counter all the people upset because they always (all TWO of them) release them when people are at work.

It might happen on a weekend, but I think this coming weekend is too soon.  They are still placing houses and houseboats, still lots of landscaping to do, and all those new houses and houseboats have to go through their final testing.  The last time, that testing alone seemed to take about a week.

• Like 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

It might happen on a weekend, but I think this coming weekend is too soon.  They are still placing houses and houseboats, still lots of landscaping to do, and all those new houses and houseboats have to go through their final testing.  The last time, that testing alone seemed to take about a week.

That testing process may take less long this time due to a lower volume of houses, but also experience and perhaps even improved testing procedures.

• Like 2

Considering the size of the parcel, the location, and the rez/mooring/landing zones, I'd hypothesize that this will be a party zone!
There is a square parcel at the end of the airstrip, that could be a bar of sorts, or a helipad, or just a rez zone for planes.

Anyway, there's no doubt that this one is big. the area is located in 3 different regions so even if it is not going to be a party sone, it is designed to play a central and important role in Bellisseria's community, I am certain of that much.

image.thumb.png.e56814fd608fdb67eb1a0417e6925b4f.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

BOATS!!!!  :D:D:D 

image.png.8ea1a05e3935f7a1938695374d24addc.png

I was joking about this, but then I got to think, what if these are actually AIRSHIP homes, which would appeal to people who are into steampunk, dieselpunk and those that simply kinda like that kind of aesthetic?

I know, it's a stretch and quite unlikely, but... just... what if?

• Like 2