SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I wonder what this is over at SSP187. Temporary structure maybe? It's the only one like it, so probably. Just curious and fun to ponder on.

SLpic.JPG

It looks like homes and houseboats on land with orange roofs and green pathways lol 

Are the aliens coming or something ? 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Haha 3

On 5/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, Kitten Kaos said:

Very very excited for the hints of more interactive, public spaces!

yes those are welcome... some public sims with perhaps some shop space.. club space and other hang outs, in special to keep the residential areas free of those lagging gatherings as they are now. Too many use the grey area of the covenants to open clubs bars and other non residental activities.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 7:35 AM, Kitten Kaos said:

Very very excited for the hints of more interactive, public spaces!

39 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

yes those are welcome... some public sims with perhaps some shop space.. club space and other hang outs, in special to keep the residential areas free of those lagging gatherings as they are now. Too many use the grey area of the covenants to open clubs bars and other non residental activities.

I’m very excited by those hints referring to areas for gatherings!  LL is really going all out provide for everyone’s enjoyment and rolling it out this way is keeping us all on the edge of our seats to see what’s coming next!  

In the meantime I’m amazed and thrilled to see the ingenuity and creativity the current residents are expressing in offering their homes as places to gather and socialize and connect us in ways we’ve been craving for so long while we were tucked away in skyboxes and Estate living.  Those spaces are important for us to work, design and build, earn our SL income ...but it seems Bellisseria is where we live, connect and thrive as a community 🤩 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think it belongs to a Mole.  We figured out it's just a premium home.

I flew over that house last night. And fot orbed out. It is such an awesome spot. And I had never noticed it before.

There is another house in the valley to the side of that one. all alone awesome 

lucky people

also they seemed to be owned by normal residents

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I wonder what this is over at SSP187. Temporary structure maybe? It's the only one like it, so probably. Just curious and fun to ponder on.

SLpic.JPG

Some guess urban, they look like templates to me(square parcels for the homes, the long for the boats, and roads). We'll have to wait and see, or wait until they tell us.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

where we live, connect and thrive as a community 🤩 

as you seen earlier, i have a crystal ball what shows me the future .. sometimes it can change the forecast or it's too cloudy, but i foresee the same empty sims at belliseria in a not to long future, let's say one or two years, same as the old linden sims.
No party place will survive here when people start leaving again.
As all parcels, the Li is too low on long term, doesn't give enough freedom, and the community demanding crowd will go down in numbers when to many places lag down by the drain of resources at residental sims.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
changed a few lines ,could be taken wrong ( as often:) )
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Louminca said:

I flew over that house last night. And fot orbed out. It is such an awesome spot. And I had never noticed it before.

There is another house in the valley to the side of that one. all alone awesome 

lucky people

also they seemed to be owned by normal residents

I think you and the person you quoted  missed a point (on another thread mostly) that the house owners could certainly be  ALTS of  Moles that helped to make Bellisseria.

Not long after all the places were taken Abnor Mole had a plot that he gave up so that someone else could have it.  

Moles (to my knowledge that may certainly be faulty) typically are alts of other avatars and most of us that have been around awhile have a few alts for various purposes.  I didn't see anyone post that they found a place with the resident LISTED as "**** Mole). That wasn't what the conversations were about. And most responding people LIKED the idea of the Moles getting a "perfect spot" for one of their family members :D. No one that I noted said they thought it was unfair. 

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Moles (to my knowledge that may certainly be faulty) typically are alts of other avatars and most of us that have been around awhile have a few alts for various purposes.

Yes as far i heared during the years,  this is right.. same as Lindens, they only use their "VIP" accounts when working, for their personal things, if they have, they have other accounts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox Wijaya said:

Yes as far i heared during the years,  this is right.. same as Lindens, they only use their "VIP" accounts when working, for their personal things, if they have, they have other accounts.

Well there is at least ONE Linden owned houseboat, noted on these forums right after the 709 houseboats were released. I went over to the plot mentioned and confirmed it was listed as belonging to a Linden whose  profile said "Linden Lab employee". So it is very likely that is a CHOICE now.  

In the olden days (like a decade ago) there were plenty of personal mainland plots owned by Lindens.  I had a neighbor who had a great three sided protected water plot right down from a beachfront lot owned by my group.  Then of course there was the period of "don't talk to the natives" LOL.   But happily that has passed. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fairlyprincess said:

I Apologize if this has been around for awhile, but i just came across it.. I didn't know that mountain homes had already been added..  it appears to be privately owned.. but there is a security orb around the whole parcel..

mtnhouse.jpg

That would be an interesting location, though I think I like the isolated one in the valley a bit better.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

as you seen earlier, i have a crystal ball what shows me the future .. sometimes it can change the forecast or it's too cloudy, but i foresee the same empty sims at belliseria in a not to long future, let's say one or two years, same as the old linden sims.
No party place will survive here when people start leaving again.
As all parcels, the Li is too low on long term, doesn't give enough freedom, and the community demanding crowd will go down in numbers when to many places lag down by the drain of resources at residental sims.

I hope if that does happen that LL will be on top of what is drawing the existing Bellisserians away and not refilling those homes with new Premium members.  All things must change and evolve to thrive, imho.  Perhaps as LL beings to see a pattern, they will introduce a new option, like a higher level of Premium, maybe Platinum Members or something like that, who will pay more for extra number of Groups (from 60 to 100 please, please) and 2x tier on 1024 or larger 2048 plots with more options like picking those plots physical placement on a map or inworld, so the churn of abandonment isn't as rampant.

I feel that the LL homes are not meant for the total freedom available elsewhere in SL, as we quickly seemed to go overboard with that (as seen on some other Mainland) and have no idea how to clean up the mess without any guidelines or conformity.  Bellisseria and such additional new Premium continents that will be needed if demand continues to grow, could be an introduction to new members integrating them with a stable content welcome surrounded by the most creative ingenuity the existing Premium members can afford them, so they can decide for themselves their own likes and dislikes of such an example and outgrow this semi-controlled environment and build their own vision with every possible freedom... and also a fall back community for people who find they're just not ready for that sort of freedom and need more inspiration from time to time.  It should be fluid or it will stagnate and I don't feel that LL will allow it to happen in SL again and they will supply what the majority demands, as they have proven they are willing to do.

You must have been around for many changes in SL and felt as helpless as many of us faced with the need to improve our enjoyment and no idea how to accomplish such an enormous task.  It feels as though the winds have changed in SL and LL has put a brilliant core community together and also given us complete freedom to share our experiences and express our needs and wants to LL directly and immediately so they can utilize that concentrated and extremely well debated feedback to keep SL evolving.  It appears most of us don't enjoy being stuck in boxes for very long.

Your experience and opinion is as invaluable to me as it is forthright, Fox.  Also deeply appreciated  🙂 

• Like 1

Patch Linden say in an interview:

Linden Homes were, and generally, still are positioned as “starter” homes.  Back then, we wanted density as a priority, fewer features, and that led to a less realistic experience that did not lend itself to community experiences.  As we watched the old Linden Homes age, we realized that there would be many opportunities to advance that concept in all areas, and still maintain a limited feature set in many cases by today’s standards.  For example, I see many requests for more wall color options, but by design, if you would like more options, perhaps you’ve outgrown a Linden Home.

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/news

LL has not changed the idea about LH as starter homes. But I think that there will be people living in Belliseria for years, just as they did in the old LH. But in general, their vision is not to see Marianne Little still living in Evallen in 2022. Not that they want me out, but that's not their plan.

I would welcome an evolvement in homes, as many has said, bigger plots, more LI.

But then, LH would really knock out the private landowners who sell and rent out. As it is now, it is the limits in LH that let the private market live. It is hard to find the balance, I bet. Not kill the private market, but also add more premium members.

Bellisseria has landscaping and sailable water. It is an enormous added value. Offer bigger plots and more LI, who would want to move? I know I would feel like I had it all.

LL plan to make more styles. Maybe there will be many Traditional houses to get when "all" is trying to get the next ones instead of their Traditional. But I could not see any noticeable number of abandoned Traditional houses when the last 700+ boats was released. It is still very popular to have a garden.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BJoyful said:

they will introduce a new option, like a higher level of Premium, maybe Platinum Members or something like that, who will pay more for extra number of Groups (from 60 to 100 please, please) and 2x tier on 1024 or larger 2048 plots with more options like picking those plots physical placement on a map or inworld, so the churn of abandonment isn't as rampant.

There was a LOT of official talk on "new levels of premium" (mostly by Ebbe and mostly at Town Halls I think). Sure there are threads here on the forums discussing that. No mention what those levels of premium might be and no reason to believe they are still on the "misty roadmap" still. Things do change.  Part of the point of the new Linden Homes was to encourage new premium membership (new citizens and alts of older citizens and older citizens that hadn't been premium).  

I suspected BACK THEN that larger "free tier" might be part of the higher premium package and it may still be. I am doubting that larger HOMES will make it into the mix simply because these ARE supposed to be starter homes and I am pretty sure The Lab doesn't want to hurt the land business any more than they are doing with the new premium homes.

From what Patch said recently about groups and lag (large groups significantly contribute to viewer lag in events) and such I doesn't seem likely that group limits will be enlarged. ORIGINALLY they were so that folks could work together and keep in touch. It was later that the retail aspect of groups came into play and now most folks are "short on groups" simply because they want the FREE STUFF.   Personally, I don't think that is a good enough reason.   I got rid of most of the groups that I didn't NEED to be in -- most that remain are blogger groups or land groups for events and building.

image.png.5cbfe4b22d2499a19627d1476bfb08a0.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

From what Patch said recently about groups and lag (large groups significantly contribute to viewer lag in events) and such I doesn't seem likely that group limits will be enlarged. ORIGINALLY they were so that folks could work together and keep in touch. It was later that the retail aspect of groups came into play and now most folks are "short on groups" simply because they want the FREE STUFF.   Personally, I don't think that is a good enough reason.   I got rid of most of the groups that I didn't NEED to be in -- most that remain are blogger groups or land groups for events and building.

image.png.5cbfe4b22d2499a19627d1476bfb08a0.png

I'm so impressed that you've only used 25 groups!!  WOW!!  I'd have no problem dropped at least half of the 58-60 I hover around except that my inherent thriftiness frowns on dumping the ones I paid over L$500 to join.  I guess I need to just bite the bullet and let go!  I tried using Subscribe more but those pop-ups are so annoying especially while I try to work.  I find them more and more disruptive the older I get!  I need to have too many groups required for work, at least 2 or 3 for each Club I hosted in.  At least half of those could be replaced by Contact Sets if any Clubs would use those instead.

I guess we'll find out what the new levels of Premium will be sooner or later and in the meantime, keep doing the groups shuffle 😄 ♫ 💃🕺♪ and hoping that lag doesn't upset ppl to the point of retreating back into Estates and skyboxes again ♥

I enjoy your beautiful pictures and appreciate your posts very much \🤩/

27 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I'm so impressed that you've only used 25 groups!!  WOW!!  I'd have no problem dropped at least half of the 58-60 I hover around except that my inherent thriftiness frowns on dumping the ones I paid over L$500 to join.  I guess I need to just bite the bullet and let go!  I tried using Subscribe more but those pop-ups are so annoying especially while I try to work.  I find them more and more disruptive the older I get!  I need to have too many groups required for work, at least 2 or 3 for each Club I hosted in.  At least half of those could be replaced by Contact Sets if any Clubs would use those instead.

I guess we'll find out what the new levels of Premium will be sooner or later and in the meantime, keep doing the groups shuffle 😄 ♫ 💃🕺♪ and hoping that lag doesn't upset ppl to the point of retreating back into Estates and skyboxes again ♥

I enjoy your beautiful pictures and appreciate your posts very much \🤩/

Actually I cut out three more after writing this LOL.  This included an old hunt group that I made when I had a hunt. Don't plan to ever use it again so why keep it. But according to Patch it is the BIG groups with thousands that contribute to viewer lag, not the tiny ones.  Maybe cutting back on some of those jobs is in order. Host more at the same places maybe?  Sure you will work it out. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

In regards to large groups causing lag, which aspect of the group causes lag? The group chat? Having the group tag on? Notices? Or all of it?

I don't remember exactly since it was sort of techie -- as I remember anyway. But my impression was that a LOT needed to load for every group when you teleported in. So big groups (like Maitreya or Letluka etc) were problematic in busy venue areas.  You might be able to find it in search of Patch's posts? 

I do know that I went and left a bunch of big groups that I didn't need to have. 

Maybe someone remembers what it was in regards to but it wasn't that long ago.  

• Like 1

Good morning! It's been a bit since I've checked in here (never-ending doc appointments and RL blog launch!) and it looks like some progress has been made. How exciting! Is that photo of the mountain home legit? I would have thought they would do more rustic builds for the mountains. Maybe it's just there to gauge size? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

Coming back to the houses matter… Would be very nice if LL  would update the new theme houses for all, giving us more chances for changing the  house style :)

Goodness I hope not!

With boathouses in the mountains, trailers on the water and mountain cabins on the beach..... sounds like mainland! :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

Goodness I hope not!

With boathouses in the mountains, trailers on the water and mountain cabins on the beach..... sounds like mainland! :P 

How you could understand such a mess… lol... it is obvious that every kind of houses will fit their environment, I thought was not necessary to explain that, anyway I don't have a limited idea of the scenarios as some kind of houses can be ok for many different landscapes, and cause nobody knows exactly what LL people have in mind, I just make a proposal as many do here. I am in SL from 10 years, know well enough every side of it and really don't enjoy mainland , for that I care that Bellisseria stay as LL made it, I really see the risk it will become like mainland and am not joking ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm hoping that themed houses stay in districts together, it's one of the things I like so much about Bellerissia.

That has always been the plan (this from Ebbe at Town Hall meetings). Seems logical that things will be this way.  We "think" we know where the new style will be going but we have been fooled before :D.  Pretty obviously somewhere GREEN and not sandy. Right now I haven't seen any hints as to how MANY regions of the new style will be offered in the first release. Maybe that will depend on the reaction of folks when they get a peek.    

Right now I would guess two different styles to fill in some of the interior in the Northen parts  between mountains and blend together with the houses in the East.  There could possibly be something like duplexes even (hadn't thought of that before but there are some quad places in Meadowbrook I think) something a little less "posh" maybe as the interior gets filled. 

Note that I played a LOT of SimCity until the last debacle release :D.   Hence a city planner outlook.  

• Like 2