Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't stand it in SL, or RL when people just use one single word like that and then... nothing...

I'm all like... what? get to it? say something? Hello what? Hello who? Hello when?

Even a bad line is better than giving me absolutely NOTHING to work with...

I'm a TS:DR person... Too Short; Didn't Read...

EDIT: Stupid page break. This is my second post and the one before it was the single word... Hello... but it ended up as the last post of the prior page of the thread...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I can't stand it in SL, or RL when people just use one single word like that and then... nothing...

I'm all like... what? get to it? say something? Hello what? Hello who? Hello when?

I reply in kind. If someone says "hi", they get a "hi" back, nothing more. They say "how are you?", they get a "fine thanks, how are you?".

If a total stranger wants to start a conversation with me, that's fine. It's when that stranger wants me to start the conversation for them that we get into "how about no?" territory.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

People at work do this with our chat client - I'm guessing to see if I'm actually there and paying attention to the monitor - and it drives me totally bonkers.  I thus figure it is the same idiotic thinking in SL.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
15 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

People at work do this with our chat client - I'm guessing to see if I'm actually there and paying attention to the monitor - and it drives me totally bonkers.  I thus figure it is the same idiotic thinking in SL.

The ones that get under my skin are the rare (thank you!) ones that are sent as random IMs while I am not even in world.  They get forwarded to me automatically in e-mail, so I open it to find a "Hi!" message sent hours ago by a total stranger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do we work in the same office?

All day long it's a couple people sending me "hi"

I'm like... what?

It doesn't help that in person I'm a chatter box... if somebody starts a conversation with me they just took a 30-minute break... :D

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Do we work in the same office?

All day long it's a couple people sending me "hi"

I'm like... what?

I tend to let the window sit for a bit, just to see if they'll say anything else.  Though I know they won't until I reply with something to let them know that I'm really there.  Maybe they just don't want to waste time typing their question to me if I'm not there to immediately respond.  

Heck, when I IM people at work, I don't even bother with a "Hi" or their name. I just go straight to typing my question or comment to them.  

Ditto for emails.  I get so many that start off with "Hi xxxx,".  If I'm starting a new email, then I'll typically type their name at the top of the message, but without the "Hi" part. If I'm responding to an email conversation, I don't even bother typing their name anymore.  

Apparently, I'm very anti-social.

"hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out"

¬¬

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

"hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out"

¬¬

If I had given lindens out every time I've been asked in SL, not only would I always be broke in SL, I'd be broke in RL.

Wait...

That's already true. The always being broke in SL and RL part. :S

• Like 1

The avatar(s) that ask that specific question have become a running joke in the Catwa group. They always have names like Jason548 and Kevin289, and they paste the same thing to hundreds of people at a time. The hilarious moment for me came when I was on the Catwa region, helping someone in the store. This guy was outside, and - alongside all the IMs he sent to everyone else in the store - he also sent one to me:

[name]872 Resident: hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out
Skell Dagger: Gosh, you are [name]761 as well, pal? You're trying to get money out of a CSR for this place, you dimwit.

We treat them like little pets these days. "Aww, look, he's back with another name! Bless him!" xD

• Haha 4

462L is £2.60, or USD $3.34. The prat will be spending far more than that on electricity and bandwidth to keep his computer running while he camps and creates alts and messages endlessly for his scattergun pestering campaign. And how many days or weeks will it take him? How much time and energy is he prepared to invest in trying to earn three dollars?

What a twonk.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The avatar(s) that ask that specific question have become a running joke in the Catwa group. They always have names like Jason548 and Kevin289, and they paste the same thing to hundreds of people at a time. The hilarious moment for me came when I was on the Catwa region, helping someone in the store. This guy was outside, and - alongside all the IMs he sent to everyone else in the store - he also sent one to me:

We treat them like little pets these days. "Aww, look, he's back with another name! Bless him!" xD

I LOVE getting this one. I always say "You got over 250L$ in less than a day?? Wow, you're really great at this game! Since it comes so easy to you could I borrow 200L$ Please!?!! I'm sure you can make it up in no time! Pretty please??"

Then IM them like 20 or 30 times more begging for their L$ until I get bored or they block me or log off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had one earlier today .. i was out wandering around on the gacha sims and received a tp to a random home followed by the phrase " come *****" ..the profile showed a woman ( dom) looking for a slave .. and im thinking to my self .. at WHAT point and time did i ever suggest im a slave and where is it at on my profile .AND ...who the hell are you ?!  

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

¬¬

The ones i get the bots always say they just joined today. I know they're bots but i still respond "Joined today and L$XXX already i want to know where you're camping to make so much so quickly"

On 1/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, BelindaN said:

I know I haven't been here that long, but nobody has asked me for money.....*sad face*.

Whereas in the RL city, I get it all the time.... *annoyed face*...

Hi Belinda!  I'm a little short for my tier payment this month...could you help me out? 😄

• Haha 3

Not annoying but amusing  Well at least he wanted to get married before de secks?  Plus the replacement of the word you is always a convo stopper for me

[00:09] 4 days in SL: hi
[00:09] Cindy Evanier-Xaris (Cindy Evanier): hi
[00:10] 4 days in SL: cn u be my partner?
[00:10] 4 days in SL: dis game
[00:10] Cindy Evanier-Xaris (Cindy Evanier): lol
[00:10] Cindy Evanier-Xaris (Cindy Evanier): maybe after 4 days you should read profiles
[00:10] Cindy Evanier-Xaris (Cindy Evanier): I have a partner already thanks

from there he messages my friend stood next to me and asked her. She was more blunt and just said NO

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, Skell Dagger said:

¬¬

I always respond to those  with something like this "Oh I am sorry about that, I know how frustrating that is,   I myself need another 562L by tomorrow to pay my rent,    so I guess you can't  help me with that can you?

Meanwhile i always have several months rent in reserve in my account.

If someone IMs me and right off the bat they want sex, then sometimes (depends how silly I am feeling) I'll say sure, where shall we go? Then at the last minute I change into an "outfit" of a noob avatar. I play dumb when they start asking me why I changed etc. Heck, beggars can't be choosers, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.