How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

It's taken me a while but I'm now OK with appliers, and simple layering. What I have discovered though is with lingerie on the underwear layer, there's a degree of alpha conflict where a dress might be lace, and I struggle to find dresses which look OK over lingerie (other than standard skimpy panties). So I've concluded that the best cover in most cases is jeans and a top.

Because most of my dresses are way too short...………..*shrugs*

Here's an example using Blueberry Tali leather pants, and a jumper. This works really well although there are few circumstances when this outfit and underwear go together...….it feels more like a Supergirl disguise...….   Oh well...…. 9_9

Having said all that, I'm delighted that I've made it to this stage!!!!!!  Oh-oh…….a cringeworthy pun...……..o.O

SL02a.png

SL02.png

• Like 33

"Who taught you to write in blood on my back? Who taught you to use your hands as branding irons? You have scored your name into my shoulders, referenced me with your mark. The pads of your fingers have become printing blocks, you tap a message on to my skin, tap meaning into my body."
(Excerpt from Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992)

Written-on-the-Body-Blank.png

• Like 32

Made my first of what will, I'm sure, be a number of visits to SL16B today, and caught the Four Bridges Project's "Water Under the Bridge," which is focused upon Leah Chase, the proprietor and chef behind Dooky Chase's, a famous New Orleans restaurant. Aside from being the "Queen of Creole Cuisine," Leah also allowed the civil rights leaders of the 60s to meet in her restaurant, giving them a safe venue to gather and plan at a time when there were not too many other refuges. Chase died just a little over 2 weeks ago, at the age of 96.

Checking out the gumbo. I think. Or maybe it's going to be jambalaya.

(Not one of my better pics, but not terrible given the frickin' lagfest that SL16B was tonight.)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Enchant/188/118/23/

Four-Bridges-Blank.png

• Like 29