How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Catrie said:

okay.  last pic for the day.   I wanted to learn how to do an “old-timey” photo, so I learned how.

WLRP BDAY 2019 PHOTO CONTEST - Catrie.Resident

I have an old photograph from the 1880s of my great great something or other grandmother.  The effect is very similar with the scratches and such. My mother is an artist and she had it blown up and painted over it to give it color.  The finished results is very similar.  Grandwhatever was dressed rather more conservatively although there was water and ducks in the picture. Come to think of it though, you have the same hair lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indianwifecute said:

but i wanna look like this

cf116d647a1bb4894ca7b1ddfb2599a1.png

If you really and truly want someone to build a custom avatar, your best bet is to look and post in the "Wanted" subforum, under "Commerce."

That said, the look you're going for here doesn't look to me too complicated. With a good mesh head and applier skin, and some careful shopping on the MP or at some in-world stores, you should be able to achieve something very like this look, or maybe even nicer (i.e., more detailed and realistic) at a fraction of what you would pay for a custom avatar. I myself own a headscarf (with a more European look) that isn't very much different from the one you're wearing, and I know for a fact that there are many different varieties of these available on the SL Marketplace.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If you really and truly want someone to build a custom avatar, your best bet is to look and post in the "Wanted" subforum, under "Commerce."

That said, the look you're going for here doesn't look to me too complicated. With a good mesh head and applier skin, and some careful shopping on the MP or at some in-world stores, you should be able to achieve something very like this look, or maybe even nicer (i.e., more detailed and realistic) at a fraction of what you would pay for a custom avatar. I myself own a headscarf (with a more European look) that isn't very much different from the one you're wearing, and I know for a fact that there are many different varieties of these available on the SL Marketplace.

Thanks hun i have made one custom one but its not upto the mark and this model was made in DAZ studios and the creator wont give me its file as some licence issues,,so he only gave me few pics of it and iam still searching for a creator who would take this challenge happy to pay the right amount too in lindens or in real money

a1cb7c7b1b09d042974ccf293863242a.png

6 minutes ago, indianwifecute said:

Thanks hun i have made one custom one but its not upto the mark and this model was made in DAZ studios and the creator wont give me its file as some licence issues,,so he only gave me few pics of it and iam still searching for a creator who would take this challenge happy to pay the right amount too in lindens or in real money

a1cb7c7b1b09d042974ccf293863242a.png

Then I would certainly try the "Wanted" subforum. There are people who accept commissions for custom avatars (a quick glance there shows one person advertising "custom mesh," although I don't know if that includes avis), and I don't imagine that yours should be a huge challenge.

Good luck! And if you are happy with the results, please come back here and post some pictures of your new look!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Then I would certainly try the "Wanted" subforum. There are people who accept commissions for custom avatars (a quick glance there shows one person advertising "custom mesh," although I don't know if that includes avis), and I don't imagine that yours should be a huge challenge.

Good luck! And if you are happy with the results, please come back here and post some pictures of your new look!

Thanks hun i have posted one thread but dint get response yet and thts real me

13043652_226481627722231_7176264648503123474_n.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, indianwifecute said:

Thanks hun i have posted one thread but dint get response yet and thts real me

13043652_226481627722231_7176264648503123474_n.jpg

Well, you're MUCH lovelier in RL than the mesh model you posted! I hope we get to see the final results of your search!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

If any of the pirates I fight looked like you I would stop fighting.

Don't give them ideas ;) (But thank you!)

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Skell, your pictures are always brilliant. But these are outstanding.

/me swoons

Thank you so much :)

• Like 3

On 5/14/2019 at 10:11 PM, Dementia Obviate said:

I was lucky enough to get some Mother's Day lindens and I finally got my first bento head, Lelutka Bianca. I'm still acquiring new makeups, here's my first day with it. 

Snapshot_1475.png

First day.... by day 3 I'll have to put a sack over my head...

Awesome...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

First day.... by day 3 I'll have to put a sack over my head...

Awesome...

Well, I did cheat a little... I mostly had the shape the way I wanted it already because I had  decided on the head I wanted months ago. And I had stocked up on a few of the Alaskametro freebies that were mentioned on the forums a while back. Then I figured out that adjusting the blender sliders changed the shade of what i had on into so many other variations... well, mind blown. Now I can wear those that I thought were too dark for me.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Darrius Gothly said:

LMFAO!! Yes indeed. I've been MIA... I'm like a newb with an oooold dusty avi. It's almost too funny to watch at times. But I LOVE BEING BACK!!!

Darrius!!!

Welcome back from the dead... again!

I'd set you on fire, but I hate the smell of hot dust.

So, I'll just hug you all up.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4