How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

15 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You don't?  Some might be disappointed to hear this :P 

Cindy, just ponder the size and weight of a melon for a moment (even a smallish one). Now ponder a second one beside it. Now ponder how bloody painful that would be! O.o:P

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I shopped for my husbands Avatar a couple weeks back and I feel for you guys  and the size of the market you have.. I was ripping my hair out hehehe

I was all over the grid and taking forever and a day just to find some nice jeans and shirts.. The options run out quick,at least for me they did..

Your blog was a big help I have to say :)

Glad to be of help, Ceka. Your husband would be fine if he only wants to wear sweatpants, sweatshorts, hoodies, sneakers, sportswear, and snapbacks, because that's much of what's available these days ¬¬ My blog isn't as active as my Flickr (mainly because I like to gab about what I'm wearing on the blog, and that takes time and brainpower; both of which I often don't have much of left after a day at work) but Flickr just needs a good pic and a credits list. So, if in doubt; check Flickr!

13 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I agree!

Thank you! :)

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree with this. Personally, I like to take "clean" screenshots from SL and do it all in Post. It's not free, but the tools from ON 1 (https://www.on1.com) - are amazing, no photoshop necessary. Don't let the price of Photo RAW scare you, the tool that I'm referring to is "Photo Effects" (https://www.on1.com/products/effects/) - the free trial is worth a go.

Seconding ON1. I used the free version extensively for a long time, and then I got an offer to buy the full version of ON1 Photo 10 for a ridiculously low price. I now use it on all of my images. It does work your GPU hard, especially if you assign the heavy lifting to it, and I've found that I prefer the images in Photoshop format (so I do use Photoshop to open the PSD files and re-save them as either JPG or PNG) but it's worth trying the free version, and paying for it if you get a cheap offer like I did.

• Like 4

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

Cindy, just ponder the size and weight of a melon for a moment (even a smallish one). Now ponder a second one beside it. Now ponder how bloody painful that would be!

I have seen some of those guys around SL. Standing to attention and definite size and skin matching issues all around 

BTW I loved your sweatpants blog post. ♥

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

That eye shadow.........meoooow!  How, just how?????????

That's from AlaskaMetro..

Let me find the applier and I'll get the name for you ?

*Starts looking through her purse* Where are you,where are you?...... Oh there's my button for my shorts:ph34r:

pocketbook.....gum......pen........Here it is!!!

The eye shadow is, alaskametro-sugar-makeup-palette-for-Omega

Lipstick is, alaskametro-velvet-lipstick-for-ClassicOmega

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

That eye shadow.........meoooow!  How, just how?????????

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's from AlaskaMetro..

A little tip regarding Alaskametro: for practically every makeup item in her store she also has a free wearable tester available in a single shade. No 'demo 'markings or anything like that; just a great way to increase your makeup collection, absolutely free. Just go to her Marketplace store and put 'tester' into the search bar (already done that for you at this link). They usually come in Catwa and Lelutka appliers, with some Omega appliers, and even classic system tattoos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

A little tip regarding Alaskametro: for practically every makeup item in her store she also has a free wearable tester available in a single shade. No 'demo 'markings or anything like that; just a great way to increase your makeup collection, absolutely free. Just go to her Marketplace store and put 'tester' into the search bar (already done that for you at this link). They usually come in Catwa and Lelutka appliers, with some Omega appliers, and even classic system tattoos.

Thank you very much.

I'm gonna jump on that deal right away...I just love their products :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Visiting the Dubai Event. For those who's interested in cars, there is a free black luxury car. :)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Horizon Beach/50/199/22

The car is from Billionaire Motors.   If you pop to their inworld location, they give out a free car roughly every month - no Group join needed.  Here's the LM to the latest one:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiva/61/148/2003

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Alaskametro is awesome -- one of the few places that still does makeup on the system tattoo layer and my inventory contains all of those MP freebies in addition to a few of inworld purchases.  I return to the MP every few weeks to see if there is any new 'tester'.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The car is from Billionaire Motors.   If you pop to their inworld location, they give out a free car roughly every month - no Group join needed.  Here's the LM to the latest one:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiva/61/148/2003

This is the current free offer.

8.25.18car_001.png

• Like 11

Trying out how Vista's Zhoe Zoe full bento AO works with Genus head.
General observation, some animations look ok, some don't. So, I think it's better to wait till GenusProject releases their own animations.

2018-08-25_GenusHead_Vista-Zoe-Full-AO.thumb.jpg.d1ef1514e23eb9b80cd4277b2c2484c6.jpg

(Vista have also full bento dances with facial animations, they make the mouth rather awful looking. :S I don't like them even in Vista heads. No, no, please no! :o)

Edited by Coby Foden
Zhoe --> Zoe
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Trying out how Vista's Zhoe full bento AO works with Genus head.
General observation, some animations look ok, some don't. So, I think it's better to wait till GenusProject releases their own animations.

2018-08-25_GenusHead_Vista-Zoe-Full-AO.thumb.jpg.d1ef1514e23eb9b80cd4277b2c2484c6.jpg

(Vista have also full bento dances with facial animations, they make the mouth rather awful looking. :S I don't like them even in Vista heads. No, no, please no! :o)

If you have a Mayreal hud,there are some nice ones in there..

I just pulled them out of the hud and put the ones I liked in my own hud..There are some nice smiles and, OMG!! the best wink I've ever seen in SL yet, Plus some others..

They have some that  are looped and some that are static..a lot of good static ones for pictures :)

ETA: The vista one I'm using is Zoe..I just use the the hud labeled as with faces off..Then you won't animate your face when dancing..You can still turn them on if you want..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

I don't drink coffee; I take tea, my dear...

(AKA: sometimes I'll manage to get Skell into a hat.)

29328068247_840ca0bd6f_h.jpg

Credits

Vango for Man Cave, plus Hotdog for Men Only Monthly.

Hair & hat: Vango - Nicholas (browns)
Jacket: Hotdog - Slink Double-Breasted Jacket (plain)
Ears: L'Etre - Olympe Mesh Ears
Eye appliers: Avi-Glam - Elysian Eyes (fjord)
Piercings: Catwa - Bento Face Piercings* (rigged for all Catwa Bento heads)
Head: Catwa - Skell* (Bento)
Skin applier: Birth - Dakota (tone 01)
Makeup: Zibska - Noir Pack 10

*review copy

• Like 18

p.jpeg?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

I asked D for inspiration and he told me to dress for the current RL weather - a chilly day with showers^^ I LOOOOOOOOVE the new Jacket by Blueberry - it almost reminds me of my beloved Denim Jacket^^ (GlamMetal is a long time nickname of mine, used it as a Screenname für AGES...^^)

Edited by Akasha Sternberg