How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That is a beautiful skin! :)

As for face animations: search out Chrysanthemum - those are the bestest and compatible with the new Genus head (and many others, too (use the Catwa version)).

I found some really nice ones in my Mayreal hud that I'm putting in an AO..Some are really nice ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Mostly, yes, but not necessarily all the time. I picked up the new Vista Gerard Bento AO (created specifically for the Vista Gerard head) and the facial AO version of it works surprisingly well on my Catwa Skell head. The only thing that's a tiny bit 'off' about it is that the Catwa lashes lag a little bit sometimes when Skell blinks using the Vista AO. See this short video (not much at the start, but about halfway through you see a couple of subtle little smirks and smiles) and this one (for some eyebrow action).

Mind you, I'm mostly glad just to find a male Bento AO that doesn't have me standing with my feet 36 inches apart, as if I have balls the size of melons... ;)

I shopped for my husbands Avatar a couple weeks back and I feel for you guys  and the size of the market you have.. I was ripping my hair out hehehe

I was all over the grid and taking forever and a day just to find some nice jeans and shirts.. The options run out quick,at least for me they did..

Your blog was a big help I have to say :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CurseSmile said:

I wanna know how to make my pics look more 'real'... disclaimer I don't have photoshop

just started playing around w/ gimp

GIMP is close to PS in ability. So, you can watch PS tutorials and learn what you need to know.

Some SL'ers don't know that much of the realism' comes from the SL Viewers' settings. William Weaver has done some tutorials on how to set up for photos using the viewer. See: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIX02rPcHYIvrDFxu10J2Q

Strawberry Singh has done some tutorials. She has some good stuff on posing the avatar. 

If you are interested in how the TOTALLY REALISTIC looks are done in amazing images see Natsumi Xenga's work. These are less tutorials and more speed painting videos. But, I've learned from them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ-uhYr4WopyhYZhA1Iv7SA

I think you'll find the Firestorm and the Black Dragon viewers are important to getting the images you want. I prefer FS, mostly because of easy access to the environment settings. But, Black Dragon as the Avatar Poser. It lets you move the avatar, right down to individual fingers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, CurseSmile said:

I wanna know how to make my pics look more 'real'... disclaimer I don't have photoshop

Nalates has great tips. Just wanted to say that sometimes playing with windlights is all it needs to look more realistic. Sometimes just adding shadows/light beams too. Whenever I got  a sim that has their own windlight setting, I check that first because they tend to know what makes their sim look good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

GIMP is close to PS in ability. So, you can watch PS tutorials and learn what you need to know.

Some SL'ers don't know that much of the realism' comes from the SL Viewers' settings. William Weaver has done some tutorials on how to set up for photos using the viewer. See: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIX02rPcHYIvrDFxu10J2Q

Strawberry Singh has done some tutorials. She has some good stuff on posing the avatar. 

If you are interested in how the TOTALLY REALISTIC looks are done in amazing images see Natsumi Xenga's work. These are less tutorials and more speed painting videos. But, I've learned from them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ-uhYr4WopyhYZhA1Iv7SA

I think you'll find the Firestorm and the Black Dragon viewers are important to getting the images you want. I prefer FS, mostly because of easy access to the environment settings. But, Black Dragon as the Avatar Poser. It lets you move the avatar, right down to individual fingers.

I agree with this. Personally, I like to take "clean" screenshots from SL and do it all in Post. It's not free, but the tools from ON 1 (https://www.on1.com) - are amazing, no photoshop necessary. Don't let the price of Photo RAW scare you, the tool that I'm referring to is "Photo Effects" (https://www.on1.com/products/effects/) - the free trial is worth a go.

Edit to add that it is a standalone that *also* plugs into Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture and so on as well.

Chillin'.jpg

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

Maybe ancient Egyptians didn't have bikinis nor high heels, but if they did it might have looked a bit like this - or not. xD;) :ph34r:
(Wearing: A&A - 'Cleo Hair Moonlight' (it's flexi hair). It was only 1 L$ when I bought it a long time ago.)

By the way, in Firestorm phototools there are couple of adjustments to make the SL shadows to look very good. Those settings are excellent for snapshots. However as the good looking shadows are rather heavy to render it's better to return the settings back to the default after taking snapshots.

2018-08-24_Egyptian.thumb.jpg.2eb58e6174bec3310a233f1e1a15e211.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Friday night is big hair night! Still loving this flexi hair ? And I think my boobs are having a fish eye lens effect! They look about half this size in world LOL!!!

8.24.18.2.png

That's a really nice flexi hair! I haven't seen one looking that good. One of my alts would look nice in it. Where is it from?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CurseSmile said:

Snapshot_068.thumb.png.11a78601e52d2e50c5c578af5fffb4ef.pngI wanna know how to make my pics look more 'real'... disclaimer I don't have photoshop

I don't know if you like the image with the wine glass over here on this page, but it is unedited and taken in Firestorm viewer. It is one of the settings, day cycle Hyborian Coasts, I think. And then editing the sun angle, change width and height, and finally adding Firestorms spotlight filter.

I don't use SL with the high settings and ambient light unless I take pictures, and even then I dress up and choose pose first. Because ambient light really lags me. But even on a 2 year old laptop, I can push up the settings for photos.

Hope this helps. It is a lot you can do in just the viewer. I worked some with https://ribbet.com/

and that's a fun and fast way of adding effects and frames. And even the free version has lots to work with. I use the free version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CurseSmile said:

Snapshot_068.thumb.png.11a78601e52d2e50c5c578af5fffb4ef.pngI wanna know how to make my pics look more 'real'... disclaimer I don't have photoshop

I will sometimes use my Lumipro if I'm really getting into a pic..That and playing with windlight settings and maybe some viewer filters at times depending..

A lot of times you can get a nice shot just with the viewer tools alone.. I guess it just depends on how far you want to go..

You can make some nice lighting tools and masks in world that will throw in some nice effects.. But lumipro is a nice in world tool that is kind of a one stop shop for an in world tool of tools for lighting..

I'm in their in world group and the pics the people put up in there every day are just amazing..

Anyways just figured  you may want to know about this as well if you didn't already..It's a bit costly that first time..I think I paid like 6k for mine,but it's a one time cost and lifetime updates.. I've had mine since 2012 I think and I'm on lumipro18 now since they just updated it again this year..

They've pretty much updated it each year..

Aaaanyways..here is an example of it and some of what you can do.. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1