Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

1 hour ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

They're pretty enough for me to revisit going to PP+, but is it really worth an extra $150 a year to me?

To be fair don't you get a bunch of that back in "stipend"?   May be other perks too.   For that much you could easily get a big parcel on mainland and have a nice villa LOL so it is in part a "Belli" thing I think.    

• Like 2

Really like seeing the furnished models!  These houses have interesting new features, the stonework and arched windows and tiled decks and the little balconies, and the new fireplaces are terrific.  Great idea to have the fireplaces be hidden or invisible for people who want to use their own.  Have not been in SL much recently due to some RL things but when these release definitely want to up an alt and have some decorating fun.  And with the new Bellisseria sandbox, maybe there will be some add ons right out of the gate!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

They're pretty enough for me to revisit going to PP+, but is it really worth an extra $150 a year to me?

Yes they are nice. The theme looks good.
But for me personally, not 180 USD (VAT included) a year better than the rest of Bellisseria.
I guess everybody who likes the theme, has to make their own financial decisions over this in the end.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I like their design, but these homes exterior textures look "too new" to be authentically Mediterranean.

They could all do with a retexturing option to allow worn, old, cracked, chipped, dirtier exterior texturing to make it look more natural, contemporary and convincing. At the moment, they all look like freshly built retro-Med show homes from a "new build" housing development.

And the actual Mediterranean isn't like that. These kinds of homes can be several hundred years old. And the same with the surrounding street texturing too.

I think these are meant to be American 'Mediterranean Revival' style rather than homes based on the actual area in Europe. So 'new buld housing development vibe' would fit that brief.
It will be interesting to see what people do with these in terms of creating interesting shells as mentioned in a response to your post.
An issue I saw mentioned elsewhere was the large window size, which is hard to change, and changes the look compared to the original buildings which inspired the style.
It could be possible to get an authentic Mediterranean look and then get penalised for being off-theme, which is quite amusing really.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 5:45 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

At the moment, they all look like freshly built retro-Med show homes from a "new build" housing development.

Yes, because that's what they are.

Worn and distressed texturing is awesome on individual houses. It doesn't work on estates where every other home would be looking like it had 'decayed' in the exact same way -- cracks in the same places, plaster crumbling away in the same pattern. Add to that the fact that distressed textures are, for the most part, significantly larger files than a basic stucco, and exterior shells are the only practical option for the look you want.

(I think I like these better than the ranches.Oh dear.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wish the themed houses were sourced from one off historical builds versus tract house or theme park versions [those tourist town german ].

Not sure what posting rules are but look up the old Michael Douglas estate in Montecito "La Quinta." [He's long gone from there ]. That's the real deal. Many versions of the house on line .

Hope the LH floor plans get a redo with the front doors and staircases so close together , not up to code, if you fell down the stairs you'd crash through the glass . And difficult to enter the Casas with such a narrow space .

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think they're great and I plan to try one.

The terrain has broken shells in it like Brighton Beach.

The inside has some kind of hinky spacing and I wonder what some of these little nooks are going to be used for? Crates of armaments? Washing machines? 

The yards are very spacious.

Nov 2023_260.jpg

Nov 2023_259.jpg

Nov 2023_258.jpg

Nov 2023_257.jpg

Nov 2023_256.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 9

On 12/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

I am not as big a fan of large houses so my favorite so far is the Bella Vista, layout #2 (the open plan, Bella Rosa is the other #2 floorplan):

BellaVista_001.jpg.5da7be03fdda086aac550dfa3f7dc648.jpg

BellaVista_002.jpg.9b3dc17b554311c68176231d9c4cda35.jpg

BellaVistaEntry_001.jpg.d13f98c05dab56891c23cd818fd81fca.jpg

BellaVistaMainRoom_001.jpg.b1311d7983d42861820f350a70e78ab6.jpg

BellaVistaMainRoom2_001.jpg.99a555b247748840cffc56d4e06bd07b.jpg

BellaVistaMainRoom3_001.jpg.ac15898d77b63dd19afb13cfe6102574.jpg

BellaVistaBedroom_001.jpg.f704d7525055966c7ae19d218e3f28e9.jpg

BellaVistaBedroom2_001.jpg.a8937d034148b5b9c8d414d5e8dd4143.jpg

BellaVistaBathroom_001.jpg.1c4eafa1c29b1e48b7fe0bcd10c9ebda.jpg

I like it a lot as well, I am also eyeing the Faviola! 

Love the back porch on it--I might try that one. Will see when I get there and rezz a few things and if its overwhelmingly big I will go to the Belle Vista!

• Like 4

IDK how I even managed to know this happened except I picked my head up out of my RL work day and saw they were released only moments from me reading it.

Have a lovely spot in Mirandela, which currently has a nice water view from the backyard. Anticipating this may not always be the case but for now sure is pretty.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Have a lovely spot in Mirandela

I had been hoping against hope for Mirandela but instead I ended up in Cala Pescadora on my first roll; which was never on my radar but which ticks all my Mediterranean boxes perfectly.   The content pack is pretty nice too; lots of potted flowers and the good doors.  A dedicated wall / fence pack.

• Like 4

Mediterranean is connected to the north-east coast of Ranch at it's Pinto Pastures region.

RanchMedLogexpansion18Dec2023.thumb.png.7fbe9b13d5bf6ba2ceec48abf31a2494.png

Walk north from Pinto Pastures into the new Ranch coastal sim of Goodge Reef and you'll see a cannon on top of a hill.

Climb into the cannon, then launch yourself across the water to land in Mediterranean's Typhoon southern coastal region.

From Typhoon, walk north into Falkun Malti, where you'll find the Mediterranean theme proper.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I feel they should have allowed tickets on these and I would have one next to friends and kept my homestead. Now I am going to downgrade to reg premium and lose the homestead. It's been a disappointment, and I just can't pay anymore into this. I paid for a year of Premium Plus and cannot use benefits I paid for. 

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I feel they should have allowed tickets on these and I would have one next to friends and kept my homestead. Now I am going to downgrade to reg premium and lose the homestead. It's been a disappointment, and I just can't pay anymore into this. I paid for a year of Premium Plus and cannot use benefits I paid for. 

They will allow tickets, just not right now. My guess is they'll allow tickets in January. 

• Like 2