Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't think there is a known home architecture style known as simply "American".  So, the difference between your example and the Mediterranean theme is that in your case, LL would be inventing a new architectural style and calling it "American".  LL did not invent "Mediterranean" style homes - here is Architectural Digest's tour of the style. Your quarrel is not with LL, it is with whoever named this style of home. 

Oh, and the Bella Rosa/Vista home can scarcely be termed a McMansion.  I'm glad that LL has listened to feedback from users that we'd like a small footprint home in every theme.

Oops I hadn't meant to accuse the designs of being McMansions, it was just my clumsy attempt to Britishify the Linden Lab's name as an attempt at humour!
I am going to give up now and leave some of you still puzzled, apparently.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 5:08 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Mediterranean is connected to the north-east coast of Ranch at it's Pinto Pastures region.

RanchMedLogexpansion18Dec2023.thumb.png.7fbe9b13d5bf6ba2ceec48abf31a2494.png

Walk north from Pinto Pastures into the new Ranch coastal sim of Goodge Reef and you'll see a cannon on top of a hill.

Climb into the cannon, then launch yourself across the water to land in Mediterranean's Typhoon southern coastal region.

From Typhoon, walk north into Falkun Malti, where you'll find the Mediterranean theme proper.

Nice! How did you make this?

Also since the regions first got uncovered, more have been added, including a connection to the Ranchlands:

• Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 9:28 AM, Teresa Firelight said:

This release has been very frustrating for me... I have upped 4 alts to try and roll a place I like.. I keep getting what I think are other people's tossers... usually one or two houses away from one I would like.

Almost all of my friends have rolled places I like, so I know they are available.. but I am just unlucky in my rolls.

[On the positive side, I guess this release will save me money cuz if I dont find one I like, I wont need to up that alt to annual premium.]

(Yes I know that on Jan 8 we can start submitting tickets, but I am not hopeful that anything I like will still be available by then.)

It's a form of gambling no different than gachas. It's designed so you feel pressure to buy alts and pour more money in to get a hoped-for "rare" location. So, unless you win an auction or know someone to assign you one in advance... your odds are not very good without alts. You might get super lucky with one try, but most likely you will not. Most likely you won't in five tries or even in five tries over five days etc.  

Thirty dollars for a monthly premium plus account is a lot of money to get five tries a day. 

• Like 4

Strictly as a YMMV, personal observation only, I'm finding locations in the past few days that I would consider much nicer than the ones I found the first few days the Mediterraneans open up.  By "nicer" I mean subjectively based on nothing more than whatever strikes my fancy right at the moment I see it, and may change based on a whim at any time. I picked up a couple that I might hold onto for a while.

• Like 4

It's been slow going getting my Mediterranean situated. Christmas has gotten in the way, but I'm making a little bit of progress. I've got so much more to do, but I'm really loving this theme already.

front.thumb.jpg.5419ecd690e29d4b866c688d290ced9a.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.55251ea98370c01ce925d71156001820.jpg

I'm happy with the outside but I may still end up tweaking stuff. Here's a peak at the inside with just the major pieces in place. Still needs all the little clutter items that make it look like a home.

kit.thumb.jpg.9cd62c32163669a1f663684d7c54e58f.jpg

LR.thumb.jpg.3e2b0d8602f57367dcecd0ef062ff564.jpg

• Like 23

13 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's been slow going getting my Mediterranean situated. Christmas has gotten in the way, but I'm making a little bit of progress. I've got so much more to do, but I'm really loving this theme already.

I'm happy with the outside but I may still end up tweaking stuff. Here's a peak at the inside with just the major pieces in place. Still needs all the little clutter items that make it look like a home.

Beautiful, you make me think about the possibility of trying at least 30 days of pp

• Like 4

As far as rolling your preferred location, here is how I see it.  When the Mediterranean theme opened, there were some GREAT Ranch locations that opened up as some folks abandoned good spots to get ones in the new theme.  At that point, people were able to put in tickets to get really choice Ranch spots some even on coastal regions.  I watched several great Ranch locations be claimed this way.  Also, the best is yet to come if you are looking for a water location.  They will add more Med regions that will have great lake/river/coastal locations AFTER the date you can open a ticket to claim one, and they will eventually create coast lines around both the Mediterranean and Ranch regions giving some parcels ocean views if that is what you are seeking.

If there is one message that has become clear to me watching these 2 themes unfold, it is:  PATIENCE, GRASSHOPPA!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 12/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, Nando Yip said:

Beautiful, you make me think about the possibility of trying at least 30 days of pp

I'm always bouncing from house to house and never can stay put for very long. I made two accounts (not my main) Premium Plus for a month. I wasn't keen on where I landed (even by places that had substantial water). Then a couple days ago, I decided to roll again and ended up with a rather lovely spot that's on a void. I'll probably be long gone before they make this one landlocked. This is a view from the backyard.

https://gyazo.com/8fd4aae5b16c7ab73f33931c745e2671

• Like 5

The content creation pack has 3 of the Mediterranean terrain textures, but both of my parcels' land is mostly the missing level 3 texture, reddish soil with shells & pebbles in it.  I'm adding some mesh shapes around a pond I'm making ... can we please have that texture, @Abnor Mole ?

Incidentally, I really love that we have the walkway textures, broken tile, yay!

• Like 6

On 12/25/2023 at 7:32 PM, Blush Bravin said:

Blush, where did you get the pool? If I can ask

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

Blush, where did you get the pool? If I can ask

Well, it's a little bit of mine and a lot of Fancy Decor + Kraftwork.

home_010.thumb.jpg.95867c071a3a8691fec2831993cb32ec.jpg

Let me explain. I found a really nice pool but it's was too large and too white. Here's the MP link to the pool. So I decided to use the pool insert and then make a base for the pool. Like this:

home_011.thumb.jpg.95a31036ba4a84d03b2f65f908c74918.jpg

Then I made the pool not so deep and tinted the surround to blend with the brick texture that came with the Med Content Pack.

home_012.thumb.jpg.212f7e3266758f4c77d13e27ade9b91b.jpg

I've done this many times over the years. It's kind of like how we take kitchens from houses we've bought previously to use in our Linden Homes. Only this time I'm pulling a pool out of a build to use in a different way than the creator originally intended. You probably already have a house with a pool in your inventory that you could pull out and try to do this as well.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Second Life Marketplace - LH Lauderdale Modern Awning add on* Aries & Taurus *   (I bought these for the stilts and they are pretty easy to mod and resize if I remember right)

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ahh! Ok I don't have that house but sure do have plenty of others and can probably find similar in my inventory :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

You don't get any terraform rights in the parcels to dig a real pool?

No terraforming rights for Linden Homes. Can you imagine how Belliserria would look if people could terraform however they wanted? Pools have to be above ground or on a water parcel, though one can add a deck or mesh land around them.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.