Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, WitheringRose23 said:

Do you mind telling me where the white wall plates are from?

Hi :)  They are from Nutmeg, and are called "Hallway Decor Decorative Plates," it includes a hud that allows you to choose from 3 different patterns.  This one is "plain."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Hi :)  They are from Nutmeg, and are called "Hallway Decor Decorative Plates," it includes a hud that allows you to choose from 3 different patterns.  This one is "plain."

thank you so much! I thought they looked like they were from Nutmeg but couldn't locate them! Going back now:-) Thank you again

• Like 3

Sharing my WIP! 

First a backstory ((skip this paragraph if you're not interested in my bit of RP)).  Long ago, Cee & Litta bought a stretch of land on the coast outside of Monterey, CA.  It was (relatively) cheap because it was dry and had just a lighthouse and ramshackle manor house.  They lived in a condo in silicon valley, and used the house as a family getaway, leasing the land to citrus farmers.  Recently, along came LL and bought up all the land in the area, building a large upscale Mediterranean-style subdivision.  Litta, now a widow,  sold both her condo and most of the land (LL built her one of the new houses as part of the purchase agreement), and moved to Monterey.  California has an easement and maintains the lighthouse now.  She razed the old house, using only its facade to make a small spa.  The new house is furnished with a mix of old furniture from the manor house, and newer items when necessary, like the brand-new kitchen.  She loved the fixtures from her old bathroom, tho, and moved them to the new house.

The parcel is beautiful.  You may ask, why a lighthouse?  Well, it's right on the water.  And, when clouds gather, mariners really NEED lighthouses!

Medgloaming_007.thumb.jpg.194c784f279be8b8a405a4ad56f1ef68.jpg

On the right we have a mexican-inspired fountain patio, with a small desert garden.  On the left, we have a zen-ish meditation spiral walk that Litta has found very calming when she misses Cee.  These two cultural heritages are both very prominent in Northern California.

If you walk through the trellis on the left, you'll see a little stone pathway leading over a hill.  Litta loves to take a wearable chair and have a beer by the falls just over the hill.

ReineWaterfall_001.thumb.jpg.ad2855b7194b698f3849fd6eef8739b6.jpg

Here's the backyard.  This small lemon orchard is all that remains of the farmland that Cee & Litta bought.  She looks after it assiduously, so the spa is useful for nightly relaxations.  The tile path near the spa/goldfish pond lead to the kitchen doors, which are generally open!

Backyard_001.thumb.jpg.62a78fb3739fe11483650cae88063b58.jpg

The spa's stove/fireplace helps when it's chilly.  Litta's showing her SL age nowadays, who uses curlers anymore?  I suppose she can be forgiven for just letting her bathrobe fall to the floor when she got in. 

spa_001smaller.jpg.9472ed116a22441da78f7110c3d35161.jpg

The backyard also features a little bistro patio and a lounge area for larger gatherings.  I love the view from here - it beacons to the explorer in me.  You may ask, why is the space in front of the lounge area bare?  I have a rezzer on the coffee table that can rez small boats in that space, and when a person sits in one, it jumps to a bit of water in my region, just below the waterfall.  That water is connected to the open water in Typhoon.  As soon as the moles open access to the new regions on the Ranch east coast, Litta will be able to boat from this property to Jeogeot, if she wants!  [I'm hoping that when the moles finish Typhoon, there will be a water rez zone ... if so, I'll no longer reserve LI for boat rezzing!]

Backyard_004.thumb.jpg.f57b748af36d15dbbff41dbd9a768a3b.jpg

Next post for a few words about the interior.

Edited by Nika Talaj
EAST
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Here's the front patio.  Nika is visiting, and discovered that this old couch has a very interesting animation setup - it has several poses called "Guest 1" etc. that are standing poses near the couch, each drinking wine or smoking and talking.  Basically, the couch hosts a cocktail party! 

Litta is looking on skeptically, as is Bernard the cockatoo.  Drinking wine and smoking are Nika's main activities in SL, except for the occasional scripting binge, which may explain her disheveled look here. Shortly after this pic was taken, she loudly exclaimed "Let's have a kiki!" and began dancing around.  She then passed out on the couch.  Nika gets carried away (sometimes literally).

Patio_001smaller.jpg.3bc0fd5a32814480f5d567cbd3edf5dd.jpg

Most of the interior is a WIP.  Here's the kitchen, in many shades of blue.  Litta is holding her head ... not an uncommon pose among Nika's connections.

Interior_003smaller.jpg.2d4c4c98c1a1f5985ca7769a106165fc.jpg

I'm showing this pic of the living room (which will be reno'd when Typhoon is done) just to point out the wall I built to create a small bathroom and bedroom in this Bella Vista.  These turned out to be small but pleasant rooms.  Note, however, that I did not take the time to find or build a door for the arch leading into the bedroom, using a curtain instead.  Litta lives alone, so no matter!  She may even take the curtain down.

Interior_002smaller.jpg.d16a71d80246d9c89665b0223e33f1c5.jpg

Off the kitchen is a small room that Litta uses for an office/studio.  She enjoys doing impossible yoga there, in the sunny splash that looks out onto the front fountain.

Interior_008smaller.jpg.d396edd2e59a4d34171fd181836ad20b.jpg

I really love the Mediterranean theme, and this parcel in particular.  They speak to me of blue skies!

Boating_005.thumb.jpg.89b8bdccea2b7ee9fb3479b4235cb4ef.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sharing my WIP! 

First a backstory ((skip this paragraph if you're not interested in my bit of RP)).  Long ago, Cee & Litta bought a stretch of land on the coast outside of Monterey, CA.  It was (relatively) cheap because it was dry and had just a lighthouse and ramshackle manor house. 

Nika this is gorgeous!  This Northern Californian approves...have been to Monterey many times and can see this subdivision fitting in there perfectly.  Glad you have a lemon orchard, I grew up next to an apricot orchard about 90 minutes north of Monterey !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Here's the front patio.  Nika is visiting, and discovered that this old couch has a very interesting animation setup - it has several poses called "Guest 1" etc. that are standing poses near the couch, each drinking wine or smoking and talking.  Basically, the couch hosts a cocktail party! 

Litta is looking on skeptically, as is Bernard the cockatoo.  Drinking wine and smoking are Nika's main activities in SL, except for the occasional scripting binge, which may explain her disheveled look here. Shortly after this pic was taken, she loudly exclaimed "Let's have a kiki!" and began dancing around.  She then passed out on the couch.  Nika gets carried away (sometimes literally).

Patio_001smaller.jpg.3bc0fd5a32814480f5d567cbd3edf5dd.jpg

Most of the interior is a WIP.  Here's the kitchen, in many shades of blue.  Litta is holding her head ... not an uncommon pose among Nika's connections.

Interior_003smaller.jpg.2d4c4c98c1a1f5985ca7769a106165fc.jpg

I'm showing this pic of the living room (which will be reno'd when Typhoon is done) just to point out the wall I built to create a small bathroom and bedroom in this Bella Vista.  These turned out to be small but pleasant rooms.  Note, however, that I did not take the time to find or build a door for the arch leading into the bedroom, using a curtain instead.  Litta lives alone, so no matter!  She may even take the curtain down.

Interior_002smaller.jpg.d16a71d80246d9c89665b0223e33f1c5.jpg

Off the kitchen is a small room that Litta uses for an office/studio.  She enjoys doing impossible yoga there, in the sunny splash that looks out onto the front fountain.

Interior_008smaller.jpg.d396edd2e59a4d34171fd181836ad20b.jpg

I really love the Mediterranean theme, and this parcel in particular.  They speak to me of blue skies!

Boating_005.thumb.jpg.89b8bdccea2b7ee9fb3479b4235cb4ef.jpg

Its lovely! A truly unique location and Gorgeous furnishing. And i had the pleasure of meeting the lady of the manor herself the other day when i came by to ”steal” the bug Taxi 🚕 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Turned the office into a gym after visiting the current round of Anthem I felt inspired to get in shape 😆I used the slatted wall panels by The Design Firm Collection (across from the Loft&Aria store) which are low prim but made a huge difference. The mirror is by Fancy Decor and I just stretched it ...waiting on a nice PBR mirror texture in the future 🤞

Snapshot_005.png

Edited by Enola Dethly
typo
  • Like 11

On 1/5/2024 at 4:37 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Sharing my WIP! 

First a backstory ((skip this paragraph if you're not interested in my bit of RP)).  Long ago, Cee & Litta bought a stretch of land on the coast outside of Monterey, CA.  It was (relatively) cheap because it was dry and had just a lighthouse and ramshackle manor house.  They lived in a condo in silicon valley, and used the house as a family getaway, leasing the land to citrus farmers.  Recently, along came LL and bought up all the land in the area, building a large upscale Mediterranean-style subdivision.  Litta, now a widow,  sold both her condo and most of the land (LL built her one of the new houses as part of the purchase agreement), and moved to Monterey.  California has an easement and maintains the lighthouse now.  She razed the old house, using only its facade to make a small spa.  The new house is furnished with a mix of old furniture from the manor house, and newer items when necessary, like the brand-new kitchen.  She loved the fixtures from her old bathroom, tho, and moved them to the new house.

The parcel is beautiful.  You may ask, why a lighthouse?  Well, it's right on the water.  And, when clouds gather, mariners really NEED lighthouses!

On the right we have a mexican-inspired fountain patio, with a small desert garden.  On the left, we have a zen-ish meditation spiral walk that Litta has found very calming when she misses Cee.  These two cultural heritages are both very prominent in Northern California.

If you walk through the trellis on the left, you'll see a little stone pathway leading over a hill.  Litta loves to take a wearable chair and have a beer by the falls just over the hill.

ReineWaterfall_001.thumb.jpg.ad2855b7194b698f3849fd6eef8739b6.jpg

Here's the backyard.  This small lemon orchard is all that remains of the farmland that Cee & Litta bought.  She looks after it assiduously, so the spa is useful for nightly relaxations.  The tile path near the spa/goldfish pond lead to the kitchen doors, which are generally open!

Backyard_001.thumb.jpg.62a78fb3739fe11483650cae88063b58.jpg

The spa's stove/fireplace helps when it's chilly.  Litta's showing her SL age nowadays, who uses curlers anymore?  I suppose she can be forgiven for just letting her bathrobe fall to the floor when she got in. 

spa_001smaller.jpg.9472ed116a22441da78f7110c3d35161.jpg

The backyard also features a little bistro patio and a lounge area for larger gatherings.  I love the view from here - it beacons to the explorer in me.  You may ask, why is the space in front of the lounge area bare?  I have a rezzer on the coffee table that can rez small boats in that space, and when a person sits in one, it jumps to a bit of water in my region, just below the waterfall.  That water is connected to the open water in Typhoon.  As soon as the moles open access to the new regions on the Ranch east coast, Litta will be able to boat from this property to Jeogeot, if she wants!  [I'm hoping that when the moles finish Typhoon, there will be a water rez zone ... if so, I'll no longer reserve LI for boat rezzing!]

Backyard_004.thumb.jpg.f57b748af36d15dbbff41dbd9a768a3b.jpg

Next post for a few words about the interior.

Love what you did to the garden!!! You snatched up a lovely plot wow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So since I've been premium member and  had almost every house, my question is why don't they add like extra pieces to create walls and what not so that way a person could truly create a unique look. I've tried building with prims and for whatever reason that look like a sore thumb trying to fit it.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 11:19 PM, Enola Dethly said:

I still need to fill most rooms with knick knacks but if I can help with giving ideas on how you could fill your spaces in the Primavera these might help ♥

kitchen med_006.png

kitchen med_007.png

kitchen med_008.png

kitchen med_012.png

WOW Simply gorgeous and I feel like I've hit a creative block here designing the Mediterranean style home, I am a pin drop away from giving up this home and going back to my ranch..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 12:21 PM, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Getting there slowly....still need to work on bedroom & bath...

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

I am simply awe struck on most of you lovely people who have turned the homes into cute cozy little homes......I'm hoping that some kind of inspiration comes to me while I'm cruising through the pics........Amazing job @Kylie Jaxxon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Riya Cloud said:

So since I've been premium member and  had almost every house, my question is why don't they add like extra pieces to create walls and what not so that way a person could truly create a unique look. I've tried building with prims and for whatever reason that look like a sore thumb trying to fit it.

Trust me, many of us feel as you do!  There are some wonderful creators who sell items on the Marketplace that adapt and expand each of the Linden Home themed houses and items for the Mediterraneans are beginning to appear (though I have not looked to see what is available since before the holidays.)  Try searching for "Mediterranean" and sort by "Newest First".  Happy hunting!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Trust me, many of us feel as you do!  There are some wonderful creators who sell items on the Marketplace that adapt and expand each of the Linden Home themed houses and items for the Mediterraneans are beginning to appear (though I have not looked to see what is available since before the holidays.)  Try searching for "Mediterranean" and sort by "Newest First".  Happy hunting!

Thank you Leora have been watching marketplace like a hawk waiting to pounce on something that would undoubtedly set my place apart from every other Mediterranean house in the neighborhood but to no avail there's still nothing that catches my eye, and then I think oooh maybe I should learn blender and make something tried last week to learn and got frustrated and my computer's life flashed before my eyes and figured I should not try to learn Blender quickly or else my MSI might live a very short life......🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Riya Cloud
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Riya Cloud said:

and then I think oooh maybe I should learn blender and make something tried last week to learn and got frustrated and my computer's life flashed before my eyes and figured I should not try to learn Blender quickly or else my MSI might live a very short life......🤣🤣🤣

LOL, I tried to learn Blender slowly (over 4 months of courses in SL) but crashed and burned and flunked out in the end, sigh.............

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Riya Cloud said:

I feel like I've hit a creative block here designing the Mediterranean style home, I am a pin drop away from giving up this home and going back to my ranch..........

34 minutes ago, Riya Cloud said:

have been watching marketplace like a hawk waiting to pounce on something that would undoubtedly set my place apart from every other Mediterranean house in the neighborhood but to no avail there's still nothing that catches my eye,

I love seeing your excitement over learning a new style. What has worked for me over the years when needing to create a new theme is to discover which elements of a style I particularly love.  So maybe try really getting to know the style via googling photos as well as examining the lovely iterations we're seeing develop here on this thread, with an eye toward discovering what you really love in various elements of this style first rather than thinking of setting your place apart from all others.  Following this process of focusing on what you love initially will most likely produce your own unique rendition.

Some ideas (and purchases) might come from Pamela's store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/19

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:
44 minutes ago, Riya Cloud said:

and then I think oooh maybe I should learn blender and make something tried last week to learn and got frustrated and my computer's life flashed before my eyes and figured I should not try to learn Blender quickly or else my MSI might live a very short life......🤣🤣🤣

LOL, I tried to learn Blender slowly (over 4 months of courses in SL) but crashed and burned and flunked out in the end, sigh.............

How to make a patio table starts @ 7am!  Even has the wrought iron part so common in the Mediterranean theme:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=buildersbrewery@gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

• Like 1

I like the theme, but what do you think about the fireplaces?

They will make decorating and furnishing difficult. I saw immediately where I would have a bookcase or other things instead.

And in the open plan house with outdoor stairs, the fireplace was not in center between 2 windows. I wanted to grab it and move it so it was symmetry. This house was the one I liked most of all.

These houses would look great with all the Nutmeg furniture I buy. But I think the fireplaces was a mistake. Building them in and cover them up, is that what I would have to do? And then I would need molding, and the boxed in fireplace would take up room and be a strange box in the room.

I will not say I hate the style, I like it.

But show me some fireplace cover up, if you have tried and succeded to hide them.

Hi Marianne!   You can make those fireplaces invisible by touching the controller that is just above the baseboard to the left of the fireplace.  This will make the fireplace disappear.  I wish the house style (Precioso) I have came with that fireplace option! Have fun decorating your Med! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

Hi Marianne!   You can make those fireplaces invisible by touching the controller that is just above the baseboard to the left of the fireplace.  This will make the fireplace disappear.  I wish the house style (Precioso) I have came with that fireplace option! Have fun decorating your Med! ❤️

Yay! Linden/Moles did it right! 💓 Yeet the fireplace!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.