Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I feel they should have allowed tickets on these and I would have one next to friends and kept my homestead. Now I am going to downgrade to reg premium and lose the homestead. It's been a disappointment, and I just can't pay anymore into this. I paid for a year of Premium Plus and cannot use benefits I paid for. 

If they get much more tickets than they can deliver spots, that was very little use I guess.
As soon as they have a reasonable amount of new homes of this type they will open tickets, because then it makes sense.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is feeling that they can't find the spot they want, or that Mediterranean is just TOO fancy, Acacia Woods seems to have a popular camping spot under the bridge.

ETA: added a red arrow pointing to the innertube rezzer that actually IS in the far puddle. 😎

underbridge_001.jpg.19efb414ae1051ee7de9ad55f4e29e17.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

If anyone is feeling that they can't find the spot they want, or that Mediterranean is just TOO fancy, Acacia Woods seems to have a popular camping spot under the bridge.

underbridge_001.thumb.jpg.c57308b8b24086d4250bc82d5843d7b0.jpg

Bonus: You could take the inner-tube out of that tire to use for a float! (Assuming it's not a radial tire.)

ETA: @Persephone Emerald beat me!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I feel they should have allowed tickets on these .... 

I feel sure that new regions will be built after January 8th, when tickets can be used.  Note that there are no empty Mediterranean regions they could use for a community center (betcha that will be amazing!), and there are a couple rivers that need to be completed.

• Like 6

Honestly, I have chosen my Linden Homes several times by ticket and found, to my surprise, that I was no more satisfied with them and no more likely to stay in them long-term than if I had rolled them randomly.  So now I just enjoy the Game of Homes and, as today, landed a really, really nice location on the third day of trying.  I am happy!  😄

I totally forgot why I came to this thread!  My new Mediterranean is located in Alzaefaran.  What does that mean?  All I found by Googling was reference to a perfume company but there must be a deeper meaning.  Anyone?

Edited by Leora Greenwood
just a doofus
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

All I found by Googling was reference to a perfume company but there must be a deeper meaning.  Anyone?

I think it means Saffron in Arabic, but my Arabic is rusty.

In Spanish, Saffron would be Azafrán.  There is a similarity.

Edited by First Noelle
nerdy language adds that nobody asked for
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Honestly, I have chosen my Linden Homes several times by ticket and found, to my surprise, that I was no more satisfied with them and no more likely to stay in them long-term than if I had rolled them randomly. 

Same!

And as a side note, I don't think they allowed tickets when the ranch homes were very first released, so this isn't anything new.

• Like 7

It makes sense to have a ticket pause when it's a premium plus theme. A lot of people will find a house they want in the initial period, so there won't be such a rush of tickets when they open. In this case, it's also a holiday, so people will be covering when other people have breaks. Waiting until everyone's back at work in the new year is sensible.

It's baffling to me that someone wouldn't wait a couple of weeks for something they really want. After waiting all this time for the theme to be finished and released, a few more weeks isn't much.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Alzaefaran_007.thumb.jpg.63528d86e1e2194e038a68b8f1c16319.jpg

I loved your backyard close to the water, perhaps the only thing that makes me go to PP is a theme that I can put on a parked boat with access to the wonderful sea of Bellisseria, and the house needs to be modern, Mediterraneo is beautiful, spacious, but I will not be a resident of these houses.

• Like 2

This release has been very frustrating for me... I have upped 4 alts to try and roll a place I like.. I keep getting what I think are other people's tossers... usually one or two houses away from one I would like.

Almost all of my friends have rolled places I like, so I know they are available.. but I am just unlucky in my rolls.

[On the positive side, I guess this release will save me money cuz if I dont find one I like, I wont need to up that alt to annual premium.]

(Yes I know that on Jan 8 we can start submitting tickets, but I am not hopeful that anything I like will still be available by then.)

• Sad 4

17 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

baffling to me that someone wouldn't wait a couple of weeks for something they really want

To address the befuddlement, I'd like to offer my own experience in the selection process for the new theme:  on my first roll on the first day, I got a gorgeous house in a gorgeous location (they're all gorgeous of course); but it wasn't the one that I wanted.  The specific one that I wanted is now occupied by someone else who got to it before I could luck out in the selection process.  Now my wait-until-Jan-8 will be more like a wait-until-2025-maybe (or sooner, who knows -- but nobody knows).  So it's not about "waiting a couple of weeks for something they really want."  Possibly it's waiting a really, really long time, longer than others who got what they really want immediately. 

It is of course understandable why we have to wait (Lindens and Moles, big love to you all); but it shouldn't be baffling as to why people are upset about having to wait and then making financial adjustments accordingly.    

I say this not as someone disgruntled; fortunately I'm really happy with what I have. But, just to help explain the big feelings some people are having right now and to say it's not out of the realm of logic that these feelings might erupt. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

It makes sense to have a ticket pause when it's a premium plus theme. A lot of people will find a house they want in the initial period, so there won't be such a rush of tickets when they open. In this case, it's also a holiday, so people will be covering when other people have breaks. Waiting until everyone's back at work in the new year is sensible.

It's baffling to me that someone wouldn't wait a couple of weeks for something they really want. After waiting all this time for the theme to be finished and released, a few more weeks isn't much.

Don't underestimate the bragging right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, there's still 703 (TYPO!!!  ~300) unclaimed Mediterranean homes, so there's no scarcity!  But there's a scarcity of homes with nice water views, for sure, if that's what people are searching for.

Weirdly, I just gave up a parcel with OK water views for one with no water but really nice landscaping around it, and few walls, so it feels like its out in the country.  It's across the street from homes with really GREAT water, grrr, but c'est la vie.  If I keep it, I'll try to build a largish pond out back.

I love hopping.  Sometimes it reveals something you like more than what you were searching for.

(thank you, people, for catching the error)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

How do you know that figure?

It shows on the second screen, right after you choose the theme.  Yesterday when I was hopping, there were something in the range of 300-400 available.  I call that Good Hopping Weather!   See the available number in the upper left below.

Screenshot2023-12-21132912.thumb.jpg.edac131da269fffd41e59cb69853b208.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
Added image
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

This release has been very frustrating for me... I have upped 4 alts to try and roll a place I like.. I keep getting what I think are other people's tossers... usually one or two houses away from one I would like.

Almost all of my friends have rolled places I like, so I know they are available.. but I am just unlucky in my rolls.

I've ported around and found some rather choice spots that have the 2004 claim date 'never claimed' parcels always have. If this was a theme I wanted I'd be all over trying to get those.

For me that means plots so close to the water that if the fence wasn't there I could have a boat slide into the river.

One of the two lots that is on the bottom of the theme where it connects to the next theme is one of these and sits unclaimed.

If I were to ever go for this theme, I'd be waiting for the coast to finish, and then use a ticket on some lot added near there. I suspect that the best homes for Ranch and Mediterranean will both be added around then - long after tickets are allowed but frustratingly also long after now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

It shows on the second screen, right after you choose the theme.  Yesterday when I was hopping, there were something in the range of 300-400 available.  I call that Good Hopping Weather!   See the available number in the upper left below.

Screenshot2023-12-21132912.thumb.jpg.edac131da269fffd41e59cb69853b208.jpg

Looks like it says "297 available", while "703" is the LI for each parcel..

@Nika Talajquoted "703 available".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1