Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

2 minutes ago, violagreen7567 said:

if i abandon my home then i will have no where to live, if their are no houses available 

There will always be some houses available, but not always Ranch, Mediterranean, Stilt on Water, or Stlit on Pier. If you're worried that you might end up with no house for 24 hours, then keep your 5th pick until another 24 hours have passed.

• Like 3

@violagreen7567, as a premium plus member you can actually choose a home that you like. It has to be an available home, and you can't own another, while you're choosing. You put in a ticket with Support, and you can only do that 3 times in 30 days. The turn around is fast.  It's hard to do with the new themes (Ranch and Mediterranean), however,  I've been able to do that even with those. I do watch the land page to see what's available. About a week or so ago, there were new regions added for the Meds and Ranches. They went fast, so I'm sure that more will be added because of the demand. 

• Like 2

Ok guys, so I was lucky to get a home there last night and I chose the Grand Palma. Love the house. In the content pack there are several packs for fences and textures for walls and walkways, but no walkway to use it on. I tried to edit the existing fence with the one in the pack, but I am not able to change the fence at all. Is that so or am I doing something wrong? I am not a builder or a great landscaper, so it could easily be me doing something wrong. Or maybe it is just not allowed to change the fence and the gate and such. But then, for what is it in the content pack? Weirdly though since it looks like many (not all) houses have different fences with unique styles. Mine is rather boring and not so much to my likes.

• Like 1

You cant manually edit any of the default fences / borders etc because they aren't yours.  In most cases, the fences in a lot of themes actually sit outside your parcel borders.  The textures are supplied so you can apply them to any existing prim or mesh items you might own in order to match your items with the theme and existing Mole made items.

• Like 5

We can't change the objects we don't own.

What I do for a walkway or driveway is to rez a box, then flatten and stretch it until it matches the dimensions of the existing walkway or driveway. Line it up carefully, then texture it with the textures in the content pack. Be sure to adjust the repeats on the texture to match as well. Then lock the new piece in place. If you add simple mesh items to your yard, you may be able to link one to this piece of walkway as well, to lower your Land Impact a bit.

If you want to add to the fencing or border hedges, you can rez pieces from the content pack, link them to an object you own that's inside your parcel, then move them until they line up with the fence or hedge that's outside of your parcel. As long as the root prim is inside your parcel and the prims outside of it don't block movement or a view and don't look out of place, nobody is going to care if a few of your prims overhang onto Linden land.

Example of my alt's house when I first got it:

257490654_AlyciasHomeatQuixote.thumb.jpg.57d15dcedce2cfb73576617579114434.jpg

Example after I added a walkway, driveway, more fencing, a carport, flowers from the content pack, and a railing and gingerbread decor from the SL Marketplace:

1797565979_AlyciasHomeatQuixote2.thumb.jpg.087a2245d20debc6911b94f48f78cbc1.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add pictures
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Everybody can benefit from a few building classes.  I keep the Builders Brewery calendar ( https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/r?cid=YnVpbGRlcnNicmV3ZXJ5QGdtYWlsLmNvbQ ) bookmarked at all times and subscribe to it in my Google calendar so I can click its listings on and off at will.

My class is just getting started, Landscaping With Luna, that might also be of help. We don't deal with the creation of mesh but instead focus on creating the design (using other people's landscaping elements for the most part as many do in Belli).  We're focusing on garden entryways, pathways, and 'rooms' or focal points in our gardens atm, and utilizing design principles in their creation.

Most of the action takes place on Discord, but there's also an inworld group:

DISCORD:  https://discord.gg/VURvpGRtWB

INWORLD GROUP: secondlife:///app/group/b2042ca9-9b1d-ff97-f2b0-a27fecae87b3/about

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My class is just getting started, Landscaping With Luna, that might also be of help. We don't deal with the creation of mesh but instead focus on creating the design (using other people's landscaping elements for the most part as many do in Belli).  We're focusing on garden entryways, pathways, and 'rooms' or focal points in our gardens atm, and utilizing design principles in their creation.

INWORLD GROUP: secondlife:///app/group/b2042ca9-9b1d-ff97-f2b0-a27fecae87b3/about

Argh, now I gotta figure Discord out too???

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:
7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Expand  

Argh, now I gotta figure Discord out too???

I see your name in there now...can you see all the posts?

I'm not so familiar with Discord myself..