Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

I love the new theme. That'll be a yes for me! I especially like the 'Grande' models. They will need some Spanish tile flooring though to make them perfect, but that is easily done. Once again an amazing job by the Lindens and Moles! They keep outdoing themselves ♥

• Like 8

Got some more information about the eight home styles.

Normal Plan = regular interior walls.

1. Favola (2 storey, Normal Plan, 388 LI)

2. Bella Rosa (single storey, Normal Plan, 250 LI)

3. Primavera (2 storey, Normal Plan, 300 LI)

4. Grande Vista (2 storey, Normal Plan, 394 LI)

Open Plan = fewer interior walls.

5. Felicita (2 storey, Open Plan, 353 LI) - is Open Plan version of Favola

6. Bella Vista (single storey, Open Plan, 230 LI) - is Open Plan version of Bella Rosa

7. Precioso (2 storey, Open Plan, 273 LI) - is Open Plan version of Primavera

8. Gran Palma (2 storey, Open Plan, 355 LI) - is Open Plan version of Grande Vista

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Got some more information about the eight home styles.

1. Favola (2 storey, 388 LI)

2. Bella Rosa (single storey, 250 LI)

3. Primavera (2 storey, 300 LI)

4. Grande Vista (2 storey, 394 LI)

5. Felicita (2 storey, 353 LI)

6. Bella Vista (single storey, 230 LI)

7. Precioso (2 storey, 273 LI)

8. Gran Palma (2 storey, 355 LI)

Just to point out Sarah, the LI does not count against your parcel allowance.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Just dumped my ranch waiting for these. Walked through the decorated ones and I really like all the open, sunny spaces. 

Any idea when they may actually be available? I've been so busy with RL work stuff I feel like I'll miss out on the release!

Patch has said in chat not to abandon as yet, as there's no date set for release..... "Don't abandon your homes, don't undecorate, there are no promises this will launch before end of year."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Here are a few pics of #4 Open Plan - Gran Palma.  I love the balconies and the exterior stairs but confess to being a bit confused about the layout upstairs as both the Normal and the Open Plan in the demos area have a bunch of small rooms upstairs.  So I will not photograph those till I figure out what is what.

4-GranPalma-OpenPlanFront_001.thumb.jpg.bae901346023bc0933f1c9714584433e.jpg

4-GranPalma-OpenPlanBack_001.thumb.jpg.f3814fc37532a136e8f5101133ce821c.jpg

4-GranPalma-OpenPlanMainRoom_001.thumb.jpg.355d1b1a7cf2fa6bc09429947bf81f90.jpg

4-GranPalma-OpenPlanMainFloor_001.thumb.jpg.c80441589c98a17dc2b498e4f40c5894.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
24 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Here is the Open Plan version of House 1 - Felicita.  It has the loveliest chimneys and a back patio that just begs for the pool attached in the demo.

1-Felicita-OpenPlanFrontandside_001.thumb.jpg.4ad8d58905f1912ae51071d2d39b0d34.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanBackandside_001.thumb.jpg.89f49911f597b9a8cf669e7b3a663f58.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanMainRoom_001.thumb.jpg.bcbf0a5bca6d643deeef1987da6a7fad.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanMainRoom2_001.thumb.jpg.f5074120b7629a74be877bd0219bb2fa.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanOtherMainRoom_001.thumb.jpg.97f66744b812ae9b72d7cdf257df6574.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanUpperFloor_001.thumb.jpg.ea41c55c1f0069d074ea6bddfc7fe20a.jpg

1-Felicita-OpenPlanUpperFloor2_001.thumb.jpg.dc2c7e2242a4220ede4fbfde38465812.jpg

A good portion, perhaps the majority, of the interior furnishings aren't rezzed for you in these pics. Did they just not rez or did you derender things so you could take the pics?

• Like 2

I like them :D

Snapshot_433.thumb.png.edad2b7289e6e7c761e7960dbe856348.png

Snapshot_434.thumb.png.b5e4a519dd8837aeb125875c8c85ee6d.png

I would rather have an urban theme though, something cyberpunk with lots of neon lights and excitement, I'm not much for the lifestyle of the rich and famous.  Give me a bit of grunge, a bit of techno dystopia, and excitement and I'm in. 

It is hard to argue with a view like this though

Snapshot_435.thumb.png.d5d9201391c5a5c7ecf01c0f1310b924.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, Lulabell Mole said:

A good portion, perhaps the majority, of the interior furnishings aren't rezzed for you in these pics. Did they just not rez or did you derender things so you could take the pics?

Interesting.  I only derendered a couple of trees to improve the view in exterior shots so I would say they had just not rezzed for me.  The demo region IS very crowded, lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lulabell Mole said:

Ah. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the home with all the furnishings rezzed. Perhaps when it's less busy you might want to take another look. :) 

I will be happy to!  I especially love the fact that there are at least five parcels in the demo region with live house controllers so we can play with and examine the various floorplans.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Henry Blackwood said:

Patch has said in chat not to abandon as yet, as there's no date set for release..... "Don't abandon your homes, don't undecorate, there are no promises this will launch before end of year."

It's not my primary home. Let someone else have my ranch. I'm by no means homeless LOL

I can wait :D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

I like their design, but these homes exterior textures look "too new" to be authentically Mediterranean.

They could all do with a retexturing option to allow worn, old, cracked, chipped, dirtier exterior texturing to make it look more natural, contemporary and convincing. At the moment, they all look like freshly built retro-Med show homes from a "new build" housing development.

And the actual Mediterranean isn't like that. These kinds of homes can be several hundred years old. And the same with the surrounding street texturing too.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm not on the Plus plan so I won't be getting one of these, but I do think they're really nicely done. I think they have an elegant feel.  I particularly love the long windows and love love love the balconys! They (the balconys) are the best out of the homes so far IMO. It's great that some of the demo homes have been furnished again. Adding an optional fireplace is a nice touch.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am not as big a fan of large houses so my favorite so far is the Bella Vista, layout #2 (the open plan, Bella Rosa is the other #2 floorplan):

Me, either, Leora. I've always like one-storey homes. There are some details in the larger homes that I like, too. I'm excited about this new theme.

• Like 3

Well done, Linden Labs and Moles!  Many residents will want this.  That being said, I would love to see 'Craftsman Bungalows, Prairie style, and a true 'Modern' like the Trompe Loeil builds in Bellisseria.  

• Like 6