Mediterranean Theme

Leora Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Well, it's a little bit of mine and a lot of Fancy Decor + Kraftwork.

home_010.thumb.jpg.95867c071a3a8691fec2831993cb32ec.jpg

Let me explain. I found a really nice pool but it's was too large and too white. Here's the MP link to the pool. So I decided to use the pool insert and then make a base for the pool. Like this:

home_011.thumb.jpg.95a31036ba4a84d03b2f65f908c74918.jpg

Then I made the pool not so deep and tinted the surround to blend with the brick texture that came with the Med Content Pack.

home_012.thumb.jpg.212f7e3266758f4c77d13e27ade9b91b.jpg

I've done this many times over the years. It's kind of like how we take kitchens from houses we've bought previously to use in our Linden Homes. Only this time I'm pulling a pool out of a build to use in a different way than the creator originally intended. You probably already have a house with a pool in your inventory that you could pull out and try to do this as well.

I actually do have a couple of pools that I could probably use and thank you so much for sharing that!

• Like 6

So if I understand correctly, if the web site currently says NONE AVAILABLE, there is no point in flying around and looking for an empty one to put in a ticket, correct?

In other words, the web site would show AVAILABLE if any empty ones were available to select and ask for via ticket.

So then either we wait for someone to get tired of theirs and release it, or until January 8 when they may or may not make new ones?

37 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So if I understand correctly, if the web site currently says NONE AVAILABLE, there is no point in flying around and looking for an empty one to put in a ticket, correct?

In other words, the web site would show AVAILABLE if any empty ones were available to select and ask for via ticket.

So then either we wait for someone to get tired of theirs and release it, or until January 8 when they may or may not make new ones?

People can't request a Mediterranean until January 8th. They could release more parcels or regions before then. Are there unreleased parcels, or are they actually all taken?

• Like 2

Very slowly working on the Bella Vista. I'm finding the living area (or what I'm using for it) somewhat challenging to fit in the right sofa shape and placement but I'll get there. So here's front and back for now (also, unfinished). 

Mediterranean Home - Front Mediterranean Home - Rear

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Very slowly working on the Bella Vista. I'm finding the living area (or what I'm using for it) somewhat challenging to fit in the right sofa shape and placement but I'll get there. So here's front and back for now (also, unfinished). 

LOL, yes, I went through a ton of sofas until I settled on one, not just the shape but color also :P

• Like 3

I think I am finally happy with how my kitchen looks. I went with the Primavera build witch I find has a perfect lay-out but as I am filling up the rooms and did some landscaping yesterday I feel I am going to run short on prims again so I will have to tweak some things again. I was mostly struggling with the front yard so any examples are always welcome.

kitchen med_003.png

kitchen med_005.png

Edited by Enola Dethly
  • Like 21

9 hours ago, Enola Dethly said:

My front yard...

kitchen med_009.png

kitchen med_010.png

kitchen med_011.png

I've been struggling so much with the front walk on my BellaVista - I love what you did with the gravel and the stepping stones! I love all of it, but this is especially helpful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

I've been struggling so much with the front walk on my BellaVista - I love what you did with the gravel and the stepping stones! I love all of it, but this is especially helpful.

Thank you and I am happy I could give you some inspiration ♥

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Where did you get that lovely Bougainvillea vine to the right?

• Like 2

Thanks, this is enormously helpful as I bought an entrance path that I thought would look good but the transition from the Mole entrance to my path looked terrible, will try the portal/gate approach which on your home looks terrific!

12 hours ago, Enola Dethly said:

My front yard...

kitchen med_011.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 7:32 PM, Blush Bravin said:

It's been slow going getting my Mediterranean situated. Christmas has gotten in the way, but I'm making a little bit of progress. I've got so much more to do, but I'm really loving this theme already.

front.thumb.jpg.5419ecd690e29d4b866c688d290ced9a.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.55251ea98370c01ce925d71156001820.jpg

I'm happy with the outside but I may still end up tweaking stuff. Here's a peak at the inside with just the major pieces in place. Still needs all the little clutter items that make it look like a home.

kit.thumb.jpg.9cd62c32163669a1f663684d7c54e58f.jpg

LR.thumb.jpg.3e2b0d8602f57367dcecd0ef062ff564.jpg

Looks nice, and I was thinking about using landforms too...I can tell you used them around the pool. I was mulling using some to break up the land a lot is sooo long.  But then I realized they had not put that dirt terrain texture box--just the grass and the sand. Wish I had it, how did you get it? Did you make it? Can I have a copy? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Thanks, this is enormously helpful as I bought an entrance path that I thought would look good but the transition from the Mole entrance to my path looked terrible, will try the portal/gate approach which on your home looks terrific!

You are super welcome! I also stuggled with that transition. I wanted to leave it large enough a car could get on the property but I could not figure out on making it look nice. I will have to brainstorm on that later but for now this will do.

• Like 1

New Mediterranean regions being built north of the current area.  So far, I see a block of 6 regions, not yet showing on the map (or on Shergood's map), above Moules Rouges, Grand Sequoia, and Buckthorn.  Not permitted into them yet, so I don't know their names.

image.png.fb40bd4335e719d851ef7925bfcaa0eb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

Looks nice, and I was thinking about using landforms too...I can tell you used them around the pool. I was mulling using some to break up the land a lot is sooo long.  But then I realized they had not put that dirt terrain texture box--just the grass and the sand. Wish I had it, how did you get it? Did you make it? Can I have a copy? 

I moved everything off an area that had the biggest part of the viewing area with that particular texture. Then I took a very high rez screenshot of the area. I opened the texture in Gimp and made it as seamless as possible. I used that texture along with the two provided in the texture pack to make gradations of the textures to use on the mesh ground that is included with the Little Branch trees. I cannot share that texture as I do not own the rights to it.  I will only use it for personal use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I moved everything off an area that had the biggest part of the viewing area with that particular texture. Then I took a very high rez screenshot of the area. I opened the texture in Gimp and made it as seamless as possible. I used that texture along with the two provided in the texture pack to make gradations of the textures to use on the mesh ground that is included with the Little Branch trees. I cannot share that texture as I do not own the rights to it.  I will only use it for personal use.

Yes I understand that. I can try that ;)

• Like 1

Nine new Linden Homes regions have appeared on the World Map today, there are six in the Mediterranean and three in the Ranch themes.  One of the three Ranch regions is another empty homestead.

RanchMedLogexpansion3Jan2024.thumb.png.f257867f9ba2e2ffe393c7db7f207e38.png

They are named:

Ranch:

Hootis (homestead), Foxtread, Harmony Wells.

Mediterranean:

Spiaggia, Valle Dellombre, Amigas Siempre.

Puteketeke, Puits des Anges, Alcornoques.

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.