SLB20 Opening Ceremony Lab Gab - Announcements?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

now i know this is a Chevy VS Tesla topic now and i am sorry to go off topic, but has there been anything else interesting announced ?

Those of us who do not qualify to win a Chevy volt can win a super duper Premium subscription now. Take that Tesla!

8 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Out of interest, I checked the UK Government website the import duty and tax I'd have to pay for importing to the UK a 2023 Chevy Bolt EV, valued in US$27,495 (the value given in the rules): £7,163.72 (about $9,100 USD).   

And that's before paying the shipping charges (at least another US$1000, according  Schumacher Cargo Logistics.

So that's somewhere north of $10,000 (£7,800) I'd have to find to import it.    That's considerably less than a new car would cost me, of course, assuming I was in the market for one, which I'm not, but then I'd have to worry about finding spares for the vehicle and a garage capable of maintaining it for me.

https://prnt.sc/eT_EPNANh5_K

Here in the US, if someone wins, they still have to pay about $8000USD in tax on that value...so, nothing is totally free :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sorciaa said:

now i know this is a Chevy VS Tesla topic now and i am sorry to go off topic, but has there been anything else interesting announced ?

I don't think so.  AFAIK,  new announcements at SLBs happen during interviews of LL executives, which take place daily next week.  The first one is Patch at 1:30 PT Monday.

2 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

f you win they may want to use your RL identity for promotional purposes. And as with any prize draw they're legally obliged to make winners' names available on request.

Ugh, I totally forgot about this wonderful aspect of sweepstakes in the US

Here it is in the rules -- for both of the sweepstakes:

image.png.11f5fc36424c7d397d1757230dcf3939.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here it is in the rules -- for both of the sweepstakes:

image.png.11f5fc36424c7d397d1757230dcf3939.png

I would have to wonder whether but their own Privacy Policy rules, they wouldn't want to give out a RL name that's associated with an avatar.   Hopefully, that is just a blanket rule they're using.

Would be nice if we could get clarification on that from @Linden Lab, @Dyna Moleor @Quartz Mole

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Taxes, as well. It's one thing that always keeps me from entering a lot of sweepstakes.

Would I love to win that Aston Martin? Of course! Do I have a spare fortune on hand for the inevitable tax bill? Newp!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I would have to wonder whether but their own Privacy Policy rules, they wouldn't want to give out a RL name that's associated with an avatar.   Hopefully, that is just a blanket rule they're using.

Would be nice if we could get clarification on that from @Linden Lab, @Dyna Moleor @Quartz Mole

My hope (which might just be me dreaming/wishing) would be that LL only have to publicly release the Avatar name and not the RL name.

@Patch Linden @Darcy Linden - Can you clarify if the RL names will have to be publicly released?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My hope (which might just be me dreaming/wishing) would be that LL only have to publicly release the Avatar name and not the RL name

Then how is the IRS going to tax you?  Will SL also pay the tax by sending you lindens, which when you cash out will create another IRS earnings statement?  If you win a national sweepstakes, I think you can just take the after tax amount.  Maybe this chevy will be missing the battery?

37 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Then how is the IRS going to tax you?  Will SL also pay the tax by sending you lindens, which when you cash out will create another IRS earnings statement?  If you win a national sweepstakes, I think you can just take the after tax amount.  Maybe this chevy will be missing the battery?

Haven't kept up with this thread but LL already knows WHO you are (and your alts in most cases) and delivers that info to the IRS if you cash out. Anyone winning will likely need to pay tax on the "winnings" (same with gambling if you are being honest).  Likely this is covered in the sign up documents. I didn't enter but can't say.     

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Argent Stonecutter said:

This question is kind of important to me personally: if you get a premium lifetime account, and you currently have a legacy premium account with a L$500 stipend (like, say, Argent Stonecutter), what will the stipend be for your Lifetime premium account?

@Darcy Linden???

RERASONABLY it should be the same as the account you are buying for "lifetime".   The announcement article "seems" to say that but yes, it would be good to get clarification.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000170266#What-are-SecondLifeTime-Premium-and-SecondLifeTime-Premium-Plus?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.