While we are on the topic of music and clubs my latest pet peeve is hosts that control the dance pads.  They seem to have 3-4 dances that they like and play them over and over and over. Either that or you are sitting there for half the song swaying back and forth because they can't figure out which one to choose only to choose one that they just choose 2 songs ago. I would much prefer that clubs do away with dance pads completely and just put an intan up with single dances in it and let you choose which ones.  

Also a pet peeve are clubs that restrict scripts so you can't use your own dances...BIG pet peeve right there.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

While we are on the topic of music and clubs my latest pet peeve is hosts that control the dance pads.  They seem to have 3-4 dances that they like and play them over and over and over. Either that or you are sitting there for half the song swaying back and forth because they can't figure out which one to choose only to choose one that they just choose 2 songs ago. I would much prefer that clubs do away with dance pads completely and just put an intan up with single dances in it and let you choose which ones.  

Also a pet peeve are clubs that restrict scripts so you can't use your own dances...BIG pet peeve right there.

While on dances --- I remember one club had a sign saying if you weren't dancing, you might be asked to leave. I got a screen shot of it somewhere, I need to find it. Last visit to that club the sign was gone.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Forgot to say it was the sign that was gone!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Places still.do that?  They used to do that 12 years ago when I started.  I've been at some extremely busy places and they don't have scripts off.  Wow, hope I don't accidentally wander into one of those clubs.

7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Huge pet peeve.

It's the scripts that cause the lag .. not our badly designed club in the middle of a 50 vendor mall spewing particle and alpha blended effects, staffed by a dozen hyper detailed bot avatars to game search and make us look popular against a background of pseudo video walls. None of that .. it's YOUR dance hud. It's YOU. YOU PERSONALLY are making us lag. Hey everyone lets point at the resource intensive script score board and blame YOU for all the lag here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh well, summer in the UK is over...I enjoyed our one week of sunshine 🌞🙁

Me on the day after Midsummer: "Soon it'll be Yule!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

"Please show some Linden Love to the club. So Kimmi, Patch, Silent, So, Strawberry hasn't shared their love yet. Tip please."

NO

/me ejects and bans self because not playing that bs.

Next time try asking why you didn't get a tip because if you don't get one from me I'm either broke or someone else isn't doing a satisfactory job. I don't reward mediocrity or arrogance.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Many times ! .. I don't mind, so far no one has wanted to argue.

Someone wanting to argue is the only reason anyone has ever contacted me inworld about a forum post.

I've received forum messages from folks, sometimes many days/weeks afterwards, from folks that just wanted to comment on something I said -- commenting, not scream and argue with you.  Those cases don't bother me at all.

• Like 1

Peeve: the anglicisation of, well, everything.

Last night on the national Swedish television, the news anchor called the hurricane 'ay-da'.

Ida is an ancient Germanic name, that is very popular in Sweden - it's pronounced 'ee-da'. 

On a tangent of linguistic pet peeves, I get pretty ticked off when 'Murricans say they're going to fill their car with gas. Petrol is a liquid, gas is what you get when you eat raw onions, if 'gasoline' is too long to say you should've just stuck with petrol. If someone in Europe says they're going to fill their car with gas, you get out of the car and hope it wasn't anything worse than raw onions.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Last night on the national Swedish television, the news anchor called the hurricane 'ay-da'.

Ida is an ancient Germanic name, that is very popular in Sweden - it's pronounced 'ee-da'. 

On a tangent of linguistic pet peeves, I get pretty ticked off when 'Murricans say they're going to fill their car with gas. Petrol is a liquid, gas is what you get when you eat raw onions, if 'gasoline' is too long to say you should've just stuck with petrol. If someone in Europe says they're going to fill their car with gas, you get out of the car and hope it wasn't anything worse than raw onions.

But  but but, propane. hehehe

We actually had a truck that ran on propane..What a beater that thing was.. hehehe

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:11 AM, Orwar said:

On a tangent of linguistic pet peeves, I get pretty ticked off when 'Murricans say they're going to fill their car with gas. Petrol is a liquid, gas is what you get when you eat raw onions, if 'gasoline' is too long to say you should've just stuck with petrol.

...which is short for "petroleum", which is crude oil. Not only is "petrol" an abbreviation, it's an abbreviation for something that it isn't.

Theresa Tennyson wonders if anyone has guessed her pet peeves yet.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

...which is short for "petroleum", which is crude oil. Not only is "petrol" an abbreviation, it's an abbreviation for something that it isn't.

Petrol isn't an abbreviation for petroleum, it's a refined product made from petroleum. 

The part which the obviously American narrator refers to as 'gasoline' is originally called petrol, the word 'gasoline' came when said product was sold under the trademark 'Cazeline' in the mid-1800's by John Cassel. When another merchant sold counterfeit Cazeline, Cassel forced the competition to change their name - so they changed it to Gazeline. Somehow, that trademark name for the product became the commonly used term across the pond, but it's about as correct as to call any old hazelnut spread 'Nutella'. 

The Oxford English Dictionary dates its first recorded use to 1863 when it was spelled "gasolene". The term "gasoline" was first used in North America in 1864.

The word petroleum, originally used to refer to various types of mineral oils and literally meaning "rock oil", comes from Medieval Latin petroleum (petra, "rock", and oleum, "oil").[11][12] "Petrol" was used as a product name in about 1870, as the name of a refined mineral oil pro

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Petrol isn't an abbreviation for petroleum, it's a refined product made from petroleum. 

Theresa Tennyson nods and smiles.

Of course it isn't.

And "Petrol" was originally also a trade name.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110628204613/http://vintagegarage.co.uk/histories/carless capel %26 leonard.htm

So, if "gasoline" is Nutella, "petrol" is Nussfit.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:17 AM, Ceka Cianci said:
On 8/31/2021 at 6:11 AM, Orwar said:

Expand  

But  but but, propane. hehehe

We actually had a truck that ran on propane..What a beater that thing was.. hehehe

Gasoline and propane are both gases at the time of combustion and liquids in the tank. There are, of course, significant differences in the fuel delivery systems between the two fuels, owing to their significantly different boiling points.