that's it. i'm done. i'm nuking the whole planet.

oh great. suddenly  the shift keys on a brand new keyboard have stopped working. on top of being woke up by the damn dogs and that bleepity bleep bleep rooster that never shuts up for the 6th time in a row this week.

Edit: Well I at least managed to get my shift keys working again. After going through all kinds of bs (update driver!, turn off sticky keys, blah blah blah) I simply unplugged the keyboard from the tower and plugged it right back in. Tada! Which is what I should have thought to do to begin with. But noooo, you can't have coffee, you must fix new keyboard first!

BelovedBitesizedGiraffe-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

weekends is party time i guess

anyways my pet peeve is how programming software (or at least VS) doesnt tend to have like.... a spellcheck / suggestion feature for string/integer names. the amount of pain that i could have saved me from if my software told me i spelled 'attackcheck' as 'attackchekc' and then me wondering for 30 minutes what i did wrong and why my code doesn't work

being dyslexic and a fast typer isn't fun because this happens SO MUCH

• Like 1

Being told I am "clearly not actually disabled" or that it's not a svere by armchair therapists who have neither any idea how said disability effects me and have no actual docterate in the subject.

All because I do not act a certain way.

Not having my dog anymore because he passed onto the next life.

People

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 8

59 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Being told I am "clearly not actually disabled" or that it's not a svere by armchair therapists who have neither any idea how said disability effects me and have no actual docterate in the subject.

I know how you feel, people tend to have a narrow view of disability. If you don't use a wheelchair/walking frame/look very obviously disabled, you are seen as "able bodied" nothing wrong with you. i've had people decide my physical disability can't be that bad because i didn't look scruffy and being able to do one thing means i must be able to do something i can't do. As nice as things like that aren't, thankfully not all people are like that

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

People who post 374673 shots of the same slex encounter on Flickr and none of them worth posting. Your add request will be denied.   A complete waste of your free Flickr account limit, IMO.

This reminds me of people who 'favourite' some random image of mine or lazily just follow me out of the blue, in the hope of getting me to add them.  Sometimes I look to see what this person produces, and usually I regret looking.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The fact that LL doesn't bother to moderate these forums on the weekends.

And a mboard I'm a Mod on had a thread that derailed real bad and I put the brakes on it --- even file 13ing it to the "Abyss" which is our boards toss threads bin. Some PMed me but that thread is not coming back and they find out I have a thick skin!

5 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

My latest pet peeve is spending my b-day Steam escrow on reduced games on my wishlist only to have more of them go on sale the very next day. Like give me a money tree!

Speaking of Steam, I'm sadden when the Pinball Arcade game stalled when the publisher lost rights to most of the pinball games in it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, missyrideout said:

People who come into a crowded sim and say things like "Nobody ever talks!"  Wow, yet another scintillating conversation about how nobody ever talks. Get better openers!

Then they claim everyone must be a bot and leave.  Oh well.  If it's a real busy place, local chat can be hard for a.lot of people to keep track of.  I've always been more of an IM person from the beginning.  Some people just don't like the social anxiety that they feel from local chat.  But yeah, always that one person coming in to state the obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then they claim everyone must be a bot and leave.  Oh well.  If it's a real busy place, local chat can be hard for a.lot of people to keep track of.  I've always been more of an IM person from the beginning.  Some people just don't like the social anxiety that they feel from local chat.  But yeah, always that one person coming in to state the obvious.

The lack of local activity is pretty much unique to SL, social spaces on other platforms tend to be far more immediately active.

People who don't know how to use the viewer to take pictures, but they do know how to use a regular DSLR camera to take snapshots of their computer monitor and upload them to their Flickr account.

But hey, they managed to dress their avatars in full mesh.

Edited by PermaRuthed

17 hours ago, missyrideout said:

People who come into a crowded sim and say things like "Nobody ever talks!"  Wow, yet another scintillating conversation about how nobody ever talks. Get better openers!

That's up there with the people who show up at crowded events and then gripe about the lag.

Complaining.gif

• Like 1

Did a little more digging on the rooster thing. Come to find out, you must have no less than 5000 sq feet for a maximum of 4 birds plus another 2000 sq feet for each additional bird (up to 12). NONE of the lots here are anywhere near 5000 sq feet. The largest MIGHT be 2500-3000 sq feet.

Strike two. (Disturbing the peace is strike one.)

Strike three? That's the kicker. Roosters are NOT allowed within the city limits (chickens are) and this park is within the city limits fully. On the edge yes, but, still within the city proper.

BYE BYE ROOSTER!

bye-felicia.jpg

Hopefully this also means they decide they don't want the chickens any more since they won't be getting any eggs and I won't have to try to sleep with the smell of chicken crap floating around my bedroom and bathroom 24/7. I wish I had known about the rooster ordinance 3 years ago. I could have had a few good nights sleep and I wouldn't have been waking up a screaming banshee every morning.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Did a little more digging on the rooster thing. Come to find out, you must have no less than 5000 sq feet for a maximum of 4 birds plus another 2000 sq feet for each additional bird (up to 12). NONE of the lots here are anywhere near 5000 sq feet. The largest MIGHT be 2500-3000 sq feet.

Strike two. (Disturbing the peace is strike one.)

Strike three? That's the kicker. Roosters are NOT allowed within the city limits (chickens are) and this park is within the city limits fully. On the edge yes, but, still within the city proper.

BYE BYE ROOSTER!

bye-felicia.jpg

Hopefully this also means they decide they don't want the chickens any more since they won't be getting any eggs and I won't have to try to sleep with the smell of chicken crap floating around my bedroom and bathroom 24/7. I wish I had known about the rooster ordinance 3 years ago. I could have had a few good nights sleep and I wouldn't have been waking up a screaming banshee every morning.

We have a law in our town, too.  Your home has to be in a designated 'rural zone'.  Just an FYI, you don't need a rooster to get eggs.   They're only needed if you want fertilized eggs to hatch chicks.