Event liaisons who don't do their damned job. If people are being annoying, you don't just mute them so you can enjoy the event, you deal with it so they don't annoy everyone else, especially newer people drawn in from the Destination Guide who won't have a clue how to deal with people running around, sitting on them, criticising the venue, and insulting the performers.  Grrr.

• Like 1

Ban, eject, block. In that order. It may not solve the problem but it darn sure puts an end to it. Unless, of course, they have alts they aren't afraid to use. Then it's time to lock it down to group only for not less than 24 hours. If that can't be done at an event, well, you volunteered for the job. Don't volunteer if you aren't going/aren't willing to deal with all aspects of the job. 

• Like 1

Is it just my perception or are we seeing a lot more advertising of jobs, people posting about wanting jobs, and folks attempting to covertly advertise their region/parcel in many wrong locations in the forums?

I don't have the Employment or Wanted sections in my 'watched content' list, so those type of posts really stand out when I see them in places like Your Avatar and General Discussion.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling error
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is it just my perception or are we weeing a lot more advertising of jobs, people posting about wanting jobs, and folks attempting to covertly advertise their region/parcel in many wrong locations in the forums?

I don't have the Employment or Wanted sections in my 'watched content' list, so those type of posts really stand out when I see them in places like Your Avatar and General Discussion.

Ive noticed this too.  Too lazy to scroll down all the sub forums?  As for advertising, I don't think anyone bothers reading the forum guidelines.  A lot of the posts are either from new posters or people that don't seem to ever come back to post anymore.  

The inworld employment section seems to confuse people.  Instead of actually looking through the ads, so many people just post, "NEED A JOB".  Not how it works in RL.  I guess they've never applied for a job before?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

The inworld employment section seems to confuse people.  Instead of actually looking through the ads, so many people just post, "NEED A JOB".  Not how it works in RL.  I guess they've never applied for a job before?

Add to that all the job vacancies that say "IM me inworld" or "apply here *link*" and all the "I'm interested" replies on the thread.

The lack of basic comprehension and how to do something just dazzles me!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Deliveries from MP taking longer than usual. Yeah, it's an extra 3 minutes before it shows up in Received items folder but kvetchers gonna kvetch.

It seems to have runs of good days and bad days. Up until recently I'd never had any issues with MP deliveries. Then again, back when LL first launched the MP I refused to buy from it for the first several years.

But yes, lately the MP has been stumbling badly.

6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Autocorrect!!!

Whilst trying to tell someone via text that "amazon peeves me"...I ended up telling them "Amazon PERVES me."

Yeah I am sick of telling people to duck off 🦆

5 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Deliveries from MP taking longer than usual. Yeah, it's an extra 3 minutes before it shows up in Received items folder but kvetchers gonna kvetch.

That happened to me a lot on Wednesday but I just thought awww this feels like the good old days  of 2009 when we wondered if we would ever get that item.

• Like 2

Spent *checks clock* 5 hours decorating and furniture hunting today, and let me tell you, it's next to impossible to find curtains that are scripted to open - close, and that don't look like they belong in a castle or boudoir, or in my grandma's kitchen. I finally settled on curtains by taikou, which work fabulously.

2 hours ago, stellarissima said:

Spent *checks clock* 5 hours decorating and furniture hunting today, and let me tell you, it's next to impossible to find curtains that are scripted to open - close, and that don't look like they belong in a castle or boudoir, or in my grandma's kitchen. I finally settled on curtains by taikou, which work fabulously.

Opi's has a little something for everyone.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/66896

• Thanks 2

People that continue to show up for packed region events with huge avatar complexity.  

Yes, I can change to render Friends only, but I don't always want to do that.

Yes, the high complexity folks show up as jelly dolls, but that isn't always a great option either.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Seeing something that I paid full price for at an event last month being sold for L$60 in a weekend sale this month. ¬¬

Unfortunately this happens fairly regularly with some creators -- one H and G brand pops into mind readily as a long time offender. I even found them selling an item for $50 on FLF while still AT a top name monthly event. This was awhile ago.  I bought the 50 item of course and not the 200 or so product.  That IS against the rules for any event that I have ever been in. But most event owners "really" don't want to know. So I gave up reporting to them many years ago.  

Sorry.   

As an aside ---- this is what I am seeing of late.  Some creators are putting better items out on the weekends. I mean four really nice down jackets with choice of either turtleneck or tank underlayer for 50 is really a good deal.  A very nice 500 bed for 50 or 60 also.  Some H and G deals are only "deals" if you don't mind the super heavy mesh and textures --- but still the SEEM like a deal to plenty of people.  

So what appears to be happening is a lot of shoppers are shopping on the weekends RATHER than the events. And many to most events are sliding downhill in quality and templates are being accepted. (Personally I have no issue with templates in events; better a nicely textured template than a thrown together "original".)    

This doesn't seem to be a good thing in the long run for any of us but it does appear to be what is happening out there.  Personally when I see something new, presumably original and well done I am buying it whether I need it or not, just to support the folks that are still out there trying to do their best.   

Hopefully things will turn back around. My fingers are crossed anyway. 

• Like 1

Having an embarrassing during a Zoom meeting. One of our computers runs a music playout system feeding a local radio HD 2 feed and somehow during a Zoom meeting My man clicked something wrong and fed music to the meeting! He closed out the Zoom session and restarted and said sorry to all for making them deaf. Normally a different machine is used but he was being lazy that day! 🤣

• Like 1