NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This is hilarious.  Really?  That's your argument that these are good enough that nobody with a system body needed newer, better ones?  Oh my word, priceless.  No, just no.  It's because development stopped when the vast majority of mesh clothing makers dropped support for it because the masses no longer used the system avatar and those that remained are outliers.

Mesh clothing has come a long way since then.

Of course it has... Personally I find that some standard size clothing looks better than fitted mesh clothing because each point on the mesh can still only be rigged to four bones and fitted mesh puts more "demands" on each point of the mesh.

Meanwhile, that doesn't even account for the fact that the products already on the market are good enough for something that isn't that good in the first place.

Now show me all the products that are available for the bodies that (probably) all new users will be given in a couple of months...

Nope, I'm sorry this discussion ended for me when you basically said that the reason no new clothes for system avatars are being made by prominent mainstream creators today is because there was no need to as what was already available was already good enough.

I'm pulling out of whatever nose dive you are heading in to.  Have a great day.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

While I'm asking, do we know if Senra will be mod perm? We know the dev kit will require licensing, but that doesn't preclude the mesh itself being modifiable, and some user ingenuity can overcome a lot of design flaws, given a free hand to fix.

Everything, or nearly everything, in the SL default library is full perm. My assumption is that Senra will be the same. 

Edited by Arwyn Quandry
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Nope, I'm sorry this discussion ended for me when you basically said that the reason no new clothes for system avatars are being made by prominent mainstream creators today is because there was no need to as what was already available was already good enough.

Did you know that one of the major causes of plane crashes is pilots being disoriented and thinking the plane was flying straight when it was about to crash or vice versa?

https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/aeromedical-factors/spatial-disorientation-vestibular-illusions-and-how-to-prevent-each-illusion-in-the-clouds/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Everything, or nearly everything, in the SL default library is full perm.

everything is *ETA: I lied* full-perm but some of it has (probably unintentional) slam-bit.

I.E. you can mod it as much as you want while it's worn, but if you rez it in-world, it (the rezzed copy after taken to inventory) suddenly becomes no-copy no-mod and/or no-transfer.

ETA: actually, some of the outfits are no-mod no-transfer even in inventory. Why can't I resize your delilah glasses @Jeremiah Linden @alexandria linden (weird that a single-object mesh can have a different inventory and object creator)

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I made these system jeans a while ago because I couldn't find any good plain ones. All the ones on MP had very low waists, embroidery, rips, patches, big painted-on belts or were just not very well made. All I wanted was some plain jeans that looked fairly new! I also made shadow 'glitch' socks to make the jeans less unrealistic when seen from below.

I also couldn't find any mesh jeans that fitted me properly.

I'm hoping I'll be able to re-work the texture for these jeans to go on NUX fitmesh pants without too much trouble!

Jeans Indigo.jpg

ankle shadows.jpg

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 15

20 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The house always wins.

NUX will do for newbies what Linden homes did for premiums.

If the NUX doesn't do what someone wants, they wont find that out till much later .. and they will likely buy a mod before they buy a whole new body.

Kurpa demonstrated a body without alpha sections is viable.

I would like to see all big mesh bodies get rid of alpha cuts. It would be more optimal for the body. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I would like to see all big mesh bodies get rid of alpha cuts. It would be more optimal for the body. 

If they would add another arm and foot to the SLUV maps, I think that would be great.. But as of right now, if you alpha one arm, or foot, you alpha the other also..

I like alpha layers because I can make them really quick and hide exactly what I want, I just wish there wasn't the foot and arm problem.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they would add another arm and foot to the SLUV maps, I think that would be great..

Trouble is you can't 'add' stuff to the UV map, you'd have to re-do the layout completely (which, honestly, might be for the better in the long run, but it would of course make everything currently out there break - just like Evo X did). A less destructive option would be to put either or both arms on a new channel, but it would require for alpha masks to function on the aux channels (which I believe they currently don't, which is why they're hardly used for anything but Evo X ears and mermaid tails). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they would add another arm and foot to the SLUV maps, I think that would be great.. But as of right now, if you alpha one arm, or foot, you alpha the other also..

I like alpha layers because I can make them really quick and hide exactly what I want, I just wish there wasn't the foot and arm problem.. hehehe

But it already exists? It's called universal layers. Mesh body, skin, tattoo, clothing etc CCs could for example agree on using the universal skirt layer as the left arm layer.

Skin creators etc would not even need to upload extra textures, they could just create a new universal and assign the upper body texture as universal skirt. At least that's what I do on my Open Pony all the time.

Edit: Oh, Orwar I'm sorry. I didn't notice that you pretty much said the same.

Edited by SapphireDemonspider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

I made these system jeans a while ago because I couldn't find any good plain ones. All the ones on MP had very low waists, embroidery, rips, patches, big painted-on belts or were just not very well made. All I wanted was some plain jeans that looked fairly new! I also made shadow 'glitch' socks to make the jeans less unrealistic when seen from below.

I also couldn't find any mesh jeans that fitted me properly.

I'm hoping I'll be able to re-work the texture for these jeans to go on NUX fitmesh pants without too much trouble!

Jeans Indigo.jpg

ankle shadows.jpg

Ooh, these jeans are cool! Do you sell them anywhere, I'd buy a pair. I still use system avis occasionally, usually when I'm playing action games inworld or even when I'm in a rollercoaster binge.

5 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I am told they will be.  

Huzzah, that’s great news, thank you. 

I’m really glad people are already feeling the stirrings of creativity to make and mod with these when they come out. 

• Like 3

heyas, guys!

not to derail the lively discussion, but can i jump in with the question....  where are you getting all this information on the NUX avatar plans?  because i would like to be informed of all this, too!  

i've been asking at the creator office hours for a few weeks now, how/when/where they plan to announce/distribute the NUX devkits, but all i get is that somebody will ask somebody.  sometime.

1 hour ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

heyas, guys!

not to derail the lively discussion, but can i jump in with the question....  where are you getting all this information on the NUX avatar plans?  because i would like to be informed of all this, too!  

i've been asking at the creator office hours for a few weeks now, how/when/where they plan to announce/distribute the NUX devkits, but all i get is that somebody will ask somebody.  sometime.

https://modemworld.me/2023/07/01/sl20b-lab-gab-special-the-moles-of-second-life/

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, Arwyn Quandry said:

Everything, or nearly everything, in the SL default library is full perm. My assumption is that Senra will be the same. 

Hahaha, no...

SUX won't be "full perm" because if it was, you can guarantee that within 5 mins of it's release, Scammy the Scammer will have uploaded a renamed copy to the mp as

"Scambody 1.0 Full Bento Avatar - 100 % compatible with all clothing and accessories made for SUX! Introductory Noob Friendly Promo price L$1000, for a limited time only!"

So no, no full perm library mesh body from LL.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

i saw that...  but i didn't hear any mention of an application process?  or how/when/where they plan to offer the devkits.  or this new name, 'sanra' is it?   (is it in there, and i missed all those?) 

all i got was the preview of the male and female models, with some basic clothing, patch saying the release might be mid-late next month (august), there are going to be anthro parts, and much later... that it's STILL using the horrid SLUVs. :(

4 hours ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

i saw that...  but i didn't hear any mention of an application process?  or how/when/where they plan to offer the devkits.  or this new name, 'sanra' is it?   (is it in there, and i missed all those?) 

all i got was the preview of the male and female models, with some basic clothing, patch saying the release might be mid-late next month (august), there are going to be anthro parts, and much later... that it's STILL using the horrid SLUVs. :(

The Senra brand and devkit licensing was announced by Patch at a Lab Gab earlier in the week. This should get near the NUX Avatar section of that talk which I was also trying to live-post from the audience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

NUX/Senra is here check the library section of your inventory.

There's two avatars one called "Blake" the other "Jamie" they include a selection of skins, shapes, nails and eyes plus clothing which includes dresses and skirts for both bodies. Since Jaime includes top and bottom underwear BoM layers I am going to assume that's the female body. The body and head are separate so you can use one or the other with an existing setup. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

26 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There's two avatars one called "Blake" the other "Jamie" they include a selection of skins, shapes, nails and eyes plus clothing which includes dresses and skirts for both bodies. Since Jaime includes top and bottom underwear BoM layers I am going to assume that's the female body. The body and head are separate so you can use one or the other with an existing setup. 

Wait what? So I have something to look forward to other than staying up late and watching the Yankees lose to Mickey Mouse? Okay, thanks!!! :^D

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Holy moly, looking forward to taking a look. Thanks!

• Like 3

On 7/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

SUX won't be "full perm" because if it was, you can guarantee that within 5 mins of it's release, Scammy the Scammer will have uploaded a renamed copy to the mp as

There's some discussion over at the Other Simulator on ways to detect near-duplicates. There's new work on perceptual hashes that could make this possible at low cost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.