Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So one thing Patch mentioned as a feature of Premium Plus that wasn't covered in the "General" thread is that you will be able to *pick your own Linden home*.

There seemed to be some caveats there -- not just any lot, and it seems the automated system will be working on some areas, possibly the very newest, and you will only be able to put in requests to Support for older areas.

I just listened to this and what he said was that PP accounts could request specific homes in regions that hadn’t been released yet, provided the account didn’t have a Linden home at the time of the request.

• Thanks 1

I think the ability for Premium Plus members to request a specific Linden home could, for some GOH players, turn out to be something of a game-changer.  If you don't have to hop to get a desirable parcel, then active GOH players could make do with fewer alts, true?  Of course, for those for whom the random hopping is most of the fun, this capability wouldn't make any difference unless they want to make a neighborhood with friends.

Patch begins talking about this at about minute 37 in the recording.  He says this would be most useful for cases where the "assigner" has not yet gotten around to assigning a set of regions; presumably these would be regions where the parcels are already labeled "Linden Home".  You would submit your request via the website, and he estimated that within 1 or 2 business days, support would simply assign the parcel to you manually, if the parcel was still free.  (This looks like the capability by which auction winners, moles, and occasional others have been granted homes).

You might think the "availability" is a big caveat, but there are many regions in the Stilts, Chalets, Fantasy, and Sakura themes with parcels set to "Linden Home" and not one claimed.  Just about the entire Fantasy coastline may shortly be set to Linden Homes; some are already.  Lots of prime Sakura 512s are unallocated.  Some of the newer houseboat regions. My favorite Chalet regions have been "Linden Home"s forever.  Lots of Newbrookes, including the entire western coastline, may soon be finished and set to "Linden Home". 

Premium Plus goes live on the 23rd.  I wonder if the unreleased stilt regions already set to "Linden Home" will be available for manual claiming?

p.s. another thing Patch mentioned is that they plan "very soon" to increase the number of LH claims we get per day.  I don't know whether this is will be just for Premium Plus.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Premium Plus goes live on the 23rd.  I wonder if the unreleased stilt regions already set to "Linden Home" will be available for manual claiming?

This is what I am curious about, If the manual claiming will be available the 23rd as there are lots of unclaimed parcels set to "linden home".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Oh my gosh, I’m so disappointed. I can see that it will be a good deal for creators. But for those of us who were may be interested in extra perks for not double the price or more it’s a big disappointment.  If  they really are targeting creators versus consumers, I wonder why they would be moving forward with the 2048 homes

Honestly when you do the math and realize that MESH uploads are still charged it would take a LOT of textures uploaded to compensate for that extra 50 US a year.   25 per dollar say so 1,250 uploads per year to break even.  Since we have both local textures and the beta grid I doubt that there are that many creators uploading that many textures -- and again that is just breaking even. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think the ability for Premium Plus members to request a specific Linden home could, for some GOH players, turn out to be something of a game-changer.  If you don't have to hop to get a desirable parcel, then active GOH players could make do with fewer alts, true?  Of course, for those for whom the random hopping is most of the fun, this capability wouldn't make any difference unless they want to make a neighborhood with friends.

Patch begins talking about this at about minute 37 in the recording.  He says this would be most useful for cases where the "assigner" has not yet gotten around to assigning a set of regions; presumably these would be regions where the parcels are already labeled "Linden Home".  You would submit your request via the website, and he estimated that within 1 or 2 business days, support would simply assign the parcel to you manually, if the parcel was still free.  (This looks like the capability by which auction winners, moles, and occasional others have been granted homes).

You might think the "availability" is a big caveat, but there are many regions in the Stilts, Chalets, Fantasy, and Sakura themes with parcels set to "Linden Home" and not one claimed.  Just about the entire Fantasy coastline may shortly be set to Linden Homes; some are already.  Lots of prime Sakura 512s are unallocated.  Some of the newer houseboat regions. My favorite Chalet regions have been "Linden Home"s forever.  Lots of Newbrookes, including the entire western coastline, may soon be finished and set to "Linden Home". 

p.s. another thing Patch mentioned is that they plan "very soon" to increase the number of LH claims we get per day.  I don't know whether this is will be just for Premium Plus.  

I understood this to be the opposite, that it was regions where the assigner wasn't working *because it was in newer regions*. But you're likely right. It will be clear when they post the specifics. I think it will only exacerbate Game of Homes, and possibly lead to more illegal "key monies" changing hands.

I think that number of claims per day was for PP only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I just listened to this and what he said was that PP accounts could request specific homes in regions that hadn’t been released yet, provided the account didn’t have a Linden home at the time of the request.

I'm pretty sure the people will end even more disapointed as with playing the GOH .. there will be to many people trying to claim the premium spots, and there can be only one ..

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I'm pretty sure the people will end even more disapointed as with playing the GOH .. there will be to many people trying to claim the premium spots, and there can be only one ..

Actually it will give those without dozens of Alts and only a PP accounts chance to own a very nice parceL before it can be snatched up.  Depends on the person I think. We will see how the premium plus homes look

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Actually it will give those without dozens of Alts and only a PP accounts chance to own a very nice parceL before it can be snatched up.  Depends on the person I think. We will see how the premium plus homes look

I was under the impression from what I had read here that there was no change in the way the Belli homes worked EXCEPT for the possibility (maybe in the future) to ask for certain lots via a support ticket so that in theory you could live by your friends.  

Did I get that wrong?  

Edit: OK I think I found the answer here assuming that it is correct -- and it seems very detailed so I am assuming it is.  If there really ARE going to be 2048 McBelli mansions that IS a big advantage for some folks.  See this recent post.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

a majority of house seekers is nót a GOH player. And íf it's a GOH player the house will be back in the batch very fast.

• Like 4

I am excited about the (future) plans for a 2048 Linden Home, and plan to upgrade to Premium Plus.. just think of the decorating  with double prims woot!  And maybe bigger yards!  The cost is more than I was anticipating, but the ability to have 140 groups is a huge bonus for my SL blogging job that chews up a ton of groups for events and stores.  And requesting a specific home for new themes when available is also intriguing, instead of spending a lot of time rolling and abandoning, it could turn out to be time spent exploring new regions and looking for great houses that aren't the obvious #1 choice that others will be requesting...GOH The Support Ticket Edition  :) 

• Like 3

The price was way more than I expected. I thought we should get double benefits and a small discount compared to two Premiums. Like 180 US for Premium Plus.

So I am not happy. I will not go so far and say nay, no, never will I pay for Plus. I have changed my mind before on other things. It was a Big with capital B - disappointment that it was no example of the Plus homes that we could see. And that is the best reason for me to wait and see. "Soon" has always meant "months, if not years" for LL.

Buying Plus for unseen homes that will come, gods know when? No. I do not need other perks. 650 L stipend is only 50 L more than having two Premium accounts.

If I was a makeup creator and needed 50 uploads or more every week, I would jump up and down and take Plus. But it did not meet my needs and assumptions.

A large garden would I use for a big lawn, meadow or terrace. It would give me more Li around it and inside. Or even better, a big pond a few inches above the lawn.

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

2048 LL parcels will have the same prim per square metre ratio as the existing sizes, which means whilst you'll have twice as many prims to use - you'll have twice as much space that needs filling ;) 

• Like 3

For the sake of argument, I could have two 2048 homes, or five 1024 homes, or a combination of one of the former with two of the latter and $50 left to buy half a tank of gas. 

I'm not sure that the prospect of having twice the LI allowance is enough of a an inducement.  The other perks don't really do anything for me with my current SL lifestyle.     

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was under the impression from what I had read here that there was no change in the way the Belli homes worked EXCEPT for the possibility (maybe in the future) to ask for certain lots via a support ticket so that in theory you could live by your friends.  

Did I get that wrong?  

Edit: OK I think I found the answer here assuming that it is correct -- and it seems very detailed so I am assuming it is.  If there really ARE going to be 2048 McBelli mansions that IS a big advantage for some folks.  See this recent post.

I’m buying it for the free texture uploads everything else is a side benefit to me.  I rarely visit my linden home as I’ve got a full sim.  However if you can only afford a small parcel this is ideal for some people.  If I decide to put sl on the backseat again I see the benefits in having a 2048 parcel available as 1024 isn’t really big enough for the things I like to do.  I will make sure I get my moneys worth.  

• Administrators
On 6/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, Nika Talaj said:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch did seem very sure that free mesh uploads were coming for Premium Plus very soon.  Puzzling that it requires much implementation.

One implementation is a pay upon upload with no other calculation.  You upload a texture you pay L$10.

The other is a system to determine costs on complexity and totally different code to break into....

giphy.gif

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Things I'd be interested in knowing are whether the house request feature will be there from day one and what will happen to people upgrading from a yearly premium (does it change the renewal date, how will that work with the money, etc). The requesting feature is one of the few things that'd tempt me into an earlier upgrade. There are some great houses just sitting there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

what will happen to people upgrading from a yearly premium (does it change the renewal date, how will that work with the money, etc).

If they do a pro-rated upgrade, which they mentioned, then it should keep your current renewal date and just charge you for however many months are left until you get to that date.  At least, that is what "pro-rated upgrade" means to me.

Coding that part into the upgrade screen might have been the difficulty that was mentioned somewhere.  

• Like 2

I am trying to wrap my mind around all this information.

Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I know someone will), but it seems to be that you can put in a ticket for an available parcel but the parcels will still be released as they usually are onto the land page. Thus, great parcels on new sims will still be nabbed up quickly and some homes will be tossed back. You can then go in and request a home that has not been nabbed yet or has been tossed back into the land page. You still run the risk someone might grab it in the old fashion rolling on the land page way and your request won't be filled. And of course there are still great 512sqm in Sakura and in Newbrooke that are buried in the pile someplace and you can request those. Am I understanding this correctly?

I do like the idea of free texture uploads because I upload a lot of textures. The being able to request empty unclaimed parcels so you can be near friends is a very nice idea. I also like the idea of 2048 Linden homes in the future. The price is too high for me though, and I don't think I will take advantage of PP (I am looking at getting out of Belli again - but that feeling comes and goes),  but time will tell.

I am in. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2024 Linden Homes will look like. Please, please setup a demo region or two!

Just an idea - how amazing those big lots would fit modern homes with very high ceilings and glass walls... (just dreaming)

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

8 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I am trying to wrap my mind around all this information.

Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I know someone will), but it seems to be that you can put in a ticket for an available parcel but the parcels will still be released as they usually are onto the land page. Thus, great parcels on new sims will still be nabbed up quickly and some homes will be tossed back. You can then go in and request a home that has not been nabbed yet or has been tossed back into the land page. You still run the risk someone might grab it in the old fashion rolling on the land page way and your request won't be filled. And of course there are still great 512sqm in Sakura and in Newbrooke that are buried in the pile someplace and you can request those. Am I understanding this correctly?

You are right Mercedes. Here is the quote from this blog (incase you haven't seen this one yet)  UPDATED!!! Everything About Premium Plus, Linden Homes, and Lots More with Patch Linden - Dreamer's Virtual World (dreamersvirtualworld.blogspot.com)

• Request a specific Linden Home as long as it remains available through the duration of the time in which you place the request with the operations support team. This will be done manually. The whole process of assigning Linden Homes is fully automated and can't be changed, but if there are new regions being released (or several regions already released, but still in the queue), you'll be able to request one of those houses. As long as you don't already have a Linden Home in that account, and as soon as the team gets to it (usually within a day or so), the team will check the house you requested, and as long as it is still available, they will assign it to you. You can get together with friends or family who also have a premium plus account and request several houses in the same neighbourhood. All this has to be done by hand right now, but they are planning to automate it, if possible, in the future. 
Edited by Betth Ashbourne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to be a pessimist, but I do not see how this is going to work very well as a means for grabbing the more desirable locations, or even the undesirable ones. 

How many parcels that are available in the queue remain unclaimed for "usually a day or so?"  It might work during a new release, or if supply for a given theme is ample, but I can see the competition for the best spots being fierce. 

If it is a "first come first served" situation, then this could just end up being the same scenario that frustrates so many with the current GOH process.  The person with the most time and resources will monitor the release of a region, and will immediately put in tickets to claim everything on it as soon as the homes are available.  We will then see the same posts about how unfair the system is by those who thought they would finally be able to get any home they want.

I personally don't have any problem with the way things work now, or with the proposed ticket system, but I would advise those seeing it as a means for getting their dream home to temper expectations...unless I am missing something, which is always possible.  

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.