Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Also, it SOUNDS easy to filter out homes that you've recently abandoned ... however, if they don't currently keep any record of what you've let go other than simply counting them ... well, they'd have to store not only the locations, but probably also a time/date stamp

That's too convoluted....Just have the houses go to the bottom of the queue, no matter who releases them.  If we get them back within the 5 rolls, we know that is all that is available at that time....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now that there are always Bellisserian homes available, modern equivalents have been introduced for all the 1.0 themes and there are multiple 512 options, maybe it's time to simplify the selection page by making it Bellisseria only? (Possibly with a link to the current version, if they were worried that a sudden Meadowbrook cutoff would lead to complaints.)

Maybe they'll double the amount of tries you're allowed if you're Premium Plus? That would be a nice little incentive, and not too difficult to code, I'd imagine.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

That's too convoluted....Just have the houses go to the bottom of the queue, no matter who releases them.  If we get them back within the 5 rolls, we know that is all that is available at that time....

Note that with the current algorithm, it is possible to swap a home to another avatar, even if there are homes in the queue - abandoned homes often get inserted near the top of the queue.  Your change would make it so that the only time you could feasibly try is when the queue is empty.

Maybe that's not a problem, just thought it should be mentioned.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Note that with the current algorithm, it is possible to swap a home to another avatar, even if there are homes in the queue - abandoned homes often get inserted near the top of the queue.  Your change would make it so that the only time you could feasibly try is when the queue is empty.

I have gotten some really nice spots by knowing when someone was going to abandon it and being ready to immediately try to get it -- so yeah, the approach mentioned by Kylie would definitely kill that process unless the home being abandoned was the only one of that type available.

Not totally sure how much that matters.  I think most people would prefer to just not get the same home again if there are others - whatever it takes to accomplish that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I honestly wouldn't mind the limited number of times that you can Abandon/Claim if they would put in a process to ensure that you do not get the same home during any of those times.  

If they give me 5 claims per 24 hours, I want them to be 5 UNIQUE claims.

I totally agree! I can "deal" with the limits but when you get the same house you abandoned over and over, it's annoying. Sometimes I will wait a day or two b4 I try again, and still get the same home(s.)  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That is true, hadn't thought of that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Does anyone have a guess as to how much the premium+ might be? 

The expectation is that the price of Premium Plus will be twice that of Premium. The included tier will be 2048. If this is true, then Premium Plus is actually a lowering of price for residents desiring 2048.

Edited by diamond Marchant
usual typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Now, if they combine Kylie's suggestion with yours that we get the ability to transfer homes (as opposed to the current system of tossing and hoping to catch), that would be pretty ideal. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

is an interesting problem this

a way to do this so is a bit more 'random-looking' is to use a bucketed arithmetic feistel network

in dual bucket method there are two buckets

homes are drawn from the first bucket in 'random' order (similar to a gumball machine)

with a feistel network that home doesn't need to be marked as taken. The feistel network algorithm will not produce the same 'random' number in the set. If we are the only person playing in the moment and there only 5 homes available then we will be offered all of them in our 5 selections

abandoned homes are placed into the second bucket

when the first bucket is emptied, then the second bucket becomes the first bucket. A new seed for the feistel network produces a different 'random' order

the process repeats (switching between buckets) til there is a moment when both buckets can be empty. At which point it says: no homes available

this doesn't guarantee that we won't get the same home twice in our 5 selection set. Like for example there are 5 homes available and 10 people playing at the same time and they are all abandoning

or I am the only person playing at the moment and there only 3 homes available. With the feistel network tho I can be guaranteed that I will get offered all 3 homes my first 3 selections

for the curious, a example LSL implementation of the basic (single bucket) arithmetic feistel network algorithm is here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I might be in the minority here because I do not want people to be able to transfer homes. Keep it as fair as possible.

This ^^

Actual transferring of homes (as opposed to coordinated abandon/claim) would ultimately lead to people selling their locations.  LL would never allow that.  Since LL treats every account as a single entity, alts are not linked together, so there would be no way for LL to only allow the transfer to an alt account.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This ^^

Actual transferring of homes (as opposed to coordinated abandon/claim) would ultimately lead to people selling their locations.  LL would never allow that.  Since LL treats every account as a single entity, alts are not linked together, so there would be no way for LL to only allow the transfer to an alt account.

^^ THIS exactly.

• Like 5

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Maybe LL should consider linking alts together somehow, then. I mean, mine all share the same payment method and email, so it's not like LL doesn't already know who they are. 😂

The clamour for sharing inventory between them would nearly be as huge as the proverbial poo-storm from creators who would see that as their ability to multi-dip for purchases going poof!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Maybe LL should consider linking alts together somehow, then. I mean, mine all share the same payment method and email, so it's not like LL doesn't already know who they are. 😂

35 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The clamour for sharing inventory between them would nearly be as huge as the proverbial poo-storm from creators who would see that as their ability to multi-dip for purchases going poof!

It would be a very interesting change to the dynamic of things, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Why would I pay for PP now because it is benefits coming "in the future"? That can be years!

😕

Other perks than land and stipend is uninteresting for me. They can offer 5000 groups if they want, it does not matter. And reduced price on texture uploads? How much do I save on that? It is not important.

If it is future PPlus regions and Linden Homes coming... Why not wait until they are finished and join then? https://modemworld.me/2022/06/02/june-2022-web-user-group-premium-plus-update-marketplace-rebuild/

“Future benefits” being considered for “the future”:  new region types; new Linden Home types; potentially discounts for options such as Name Changes, mobile applications (not defined), “priority access to some areas” (again not defined).

The "discount for joining now" would have to be a hefty discount. If I pay annually now in June, I can't trust that "future" benefits comes before June 2023, or at all.

If it is a puny discount like the rumor I heard, one month for half the price, then I shake my head. The first month with PP may well be cheaper than one month P, but that will be for the first month only. So it is no incentive to stay PP more than that month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

mine all share the same payment method and email, so it's not like LL doesn't already know who they are. 😂

i think they actually do not look at it as automatism or linked info... and don't make them wiser or they might think about reactivating the "alt fee" for a new cash generator

• Like 1

What interests me in Plus is land and stipend, we all are thinking that land tier will be 2048 but I'm starting to thing that maybe it will be more. 

The idea of Plus homes is a good one, after all people are asking for more prims and a 2048 plot will double it. Also,  I think we will have a demo of the future possible Plus Homes during the SLB19, and those will be available sooner than later. Because those will be a great incentive for people to upgrade. 

This time the "future benefits" will be here soon, if indeed, the Lab wants to sell PLus, yes, we will see the new LH during SLB19

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

The idea of Plus homes is a good one, 

i don't think it is a good idea, it will make the difference between the premiums (for many) painfully visible the Plus is "more" than the normal premiums. The LH are starterhomes after all.
I think IF there comes such service it has to be something totally different.
For me it would be more a thing to start re-using and re-design of the mainland; 4096 parcels in a pre-designed landscaping. With a sort of Belli covenant but own houses.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

What interests me in Plus is land and stipend, we all are thinking that land tier will be 2048 but I'm starting to thing that maybe it will be more. 

The idea of Plus homes is a good one, after all people are asking for more prims and a 2048 plot will double it. Also,  I think we will have a demo of the future possible Plus Homes during the SLB19, and those will be available sooner than later. Because those will be a great incentive for people to upgrade. 

This time the "future benefits" will be here soon, if indeed, the Lab wants to sell PLus, yes, we will see the new LH during SLB19

Yesterday, someone posted specific decisions and planned announcements from a recent meeting.  The land tier change and increased stipend were on the list.

I know that a tier increase is a draw for many, but unless it means that I can claim multiple Linden Homes, it is of no value to me.  I have no interest in mainland, and it has always bothered me that if I claim a 512 home, that my remaining 512 of tier is wasted.  I want to be able to use all of my tier on Linden homes in any combination that allows me to use all of it.  

I don't care about groups, and I don't even fill all of the available slots I have now. 

While I can spend quite a bit on uploads from time to time, it is so sporadic, that I don't see that as much of an enticement either. 

Some of the future benefits might be interesting, but until they actually happen, I would not be very excited about paying for them. 

In short, the stipend increase is going to have to be very generous to sway me.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I know that a tier increase is a draw for many, but unless it means that I can claim multiple Linden Homes, it is of no value to me.  I have no interest in mainland, and it has always bothered me that if I claim a 512 home, that my remaining 512 of tier is wasted.  I want to be able to use all of my tier on Linden homes in any combination that allows me to use all of it.  

I agree! It would be cool to get 4x 512's, 2x 1024's, or some combination.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't think it is a good idea, it will make the difference between the premiums (for many) painfully visible the Plus is "more" than the normal premiums. The LH are starterhomes after all.
I think IF there comes such service it has to be something totally different.
For me it would be more a thing to start re-using and re-design of the mainland; 4096 parcels in a pre-designed landscaping. With a sort of Belli covenant but own houses.

It is not an IF, it was said at the web group meeting, new region types, new home types. The new region types is what leads me to think it will be not mainland. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.