Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Maybe a good percentage of those PP members got the membership for the other benefits, like the free texture uploading and land allowance? 

I can only speak from my own experience .. I did a spreadsheet. I have multiple premium accounts and keep track of all my upload fees .. I'm actually pretty lazy about using the beta grid to test things, so it can rack up quick if I'm in a blender mood. Multiple premiums was for me a far better deal. If there were 2048 homes, that's a different proposition and not a decision I would make on the land allowance alone.

I've played GoH some and .. never found the need to point to a specific house. The rest of the package was kinda eeeehhh.

With the exception of live chat - Gating responsive customer support behind the most expensive subscription option only inspires anger and frustration.

Maybe most people didn't do the math and presumed the new homes were already fairly advanced in their development.

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I can only speak from my own experience .. I did a spreadsheet. I have multiple premium accounts and keep track of all my upload fees .. I'm actually pretty lazy about using the beta grid to test things, so it can rack up quick if I'm in a blender mood. Multiple premiums was for me a far better deal. If there were 2048 homes, that's a different proposition and not a decision I would make on the land allowance alone.

I've played GoH some and .. never found the need to point to a specific house. The rest of the package was kinda eeeehhh.

With the exception of live chat - Gating responsive customer support behind the most expensive subscription option only inspires anger and frustration.

Maybe most people didn't do the math and presumed the new homes were already fairly advanced in their development.

I don't keep track of my uploads. It is not one for a couple months, then 10 a week. I have been raiding pages like Freepik and other textures lately. I uploaded some for wallpaper and for art. If I could collect absolutely everything I want to upload and do it in a month, I wonder if it would be worth it.

Hmm. Models isn't free to upload? I have been doing some work in the yard of a L home, and using the Beta grid is not foolproof for me. It looks good in the Beta, then I upload it in SL and need to make adjustments. If models were free to upload, I could save some.

I also freshed up some of my older texture packs that did not have normal and specular maps.

I am happy I didn't consider P+ before I can see the promised houses. If I were a creator and uploaded lots and lots of textures all the time, maybe P+ would be worth it for the textures alone.

I mean to have heard a rumor, that LL might consider that P+ get a discount on uploading models. But I could have dreamt it.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words

1 hour ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

I've always wanted to ask, and now I can, how you put in your other requests? Did you put in a new ticket for every one of them? Or just put them in the last little comment section.

No just list them in your ticket for the house you are asking for..

1st choice - 

If that isn't avaliable

2nd choice -

if that isn't avaliable

3rd choice

so on down the line..

Simple to follow - easy to write.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I bought a homestead to live on with Premium Plus so that actually is the one added benefit that I'd wanted for years they finally offered for premium plus.

Unless they make a 2048 victorian premium plus house, I will simply stay on the one I have now.  I can't be bothered.

I like the 650 a week, making groups for whatever it costs, free uploads, and the 150 groups.  Plus owning a homestead myself I don't get jacked up tier from land barons.  

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 5

Just now, Aria Aurelia said:

No just list them in your ticket for the house you are asking for..

1st choice - 

If that isn't avaliable

2nd choice -

if that isn't avaliable

3rd choice

so on down the line..

Simple to follow - easy to write.

Oh, one thing, where do you stand when you write down the adress numbers? In the middle of the parcel, or by the mailbox?

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh, one thing, where do you stand when you write down the adress numbers? In the middle of the parcel, or by the mailbox?

Middle of the Parcel is where I would stand.

Feel free to message me in world if you want to talk about this some more.   :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am surprised if the PP+ (Premium Ploos Plus) doesn't include a discount for uploads "in general", not just textures!

Mesh models are the only upload that isn't free. People say textures, but it's the rest of the ones that otherwise cost L$10 as well. The free price also works if you use the bulk upload option. They stated that they wanted to make models free, but had issues as it's a different pricing system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I flew around some of the Linden home areas this morning.  It seems there are A LOT of empty houses, especially the A frames, fantasy houses, Japanese houses, and modern houses. I think they could easily get rid of those and rezone/resize the lots on that area and convert them to PPlus homes.  It would be interesting to see the numbers of those homes that are occupied.  Maybe a vote from current Premium and premium plus avatars on what they would like to see???  I know they have the land concierge meetings every week, but I've never seen anything in the blog about what they talk about there, the "blog" only has meeting date and times, no info.  

Edited by VeeTach Littlething

6 minutes ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

I flew around some of the Linden home areas this morning.  It seems there are A LOT of empty houses, especially the A frames, fantasy houses, Japanese houses, and modern houses. I think they could easily get rid of those and rezone/resize the lots on that area and convert them to PPlus homes.  It would be interesting to see the numbers of those homes that are occupied.  Maybe a vote from current Premium and premium plus avatars on what they would like to see???  I know they have the land concierge meetings every week, but I've never seen anything in the blog about what they talk about there, the "blog" only has meeting date and times, no info.  

Oh, we know the numbers :)

It's "First Generation" that's the oldies.

https://www.bonniebots.com/linden-homes

I am surprised that it's as many occupied as it is. It must be a lot of people who hate moving. Or who let the Premium renew itself every year, but don't care about SL. They have so much money that they don't miss the 99US.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 8:37 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I am surprised if the PP+ (Premium Ploos Plus) doesn't include a discount for uploads "in general", not just textures!

Sounds, texture and gestures uploads are free of charge for PP accounts.
But there is a small trap/bug when uploading mesh. If the upload texture option is checked in the mesh upload, 10 L$ are added to the mesh upload fees.
To avoid that, i upload only the mesh, and do a separate texture upload for 0 L$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Sounds, texture and gestures uploads are free of charge for PP accounts.
But there is a small trap/bug when uploading mesh. If the upload texture option is checked in the mesh upload, 10 L$ are added to the mesh upload fees.
To avoid that, i upload only the mesh, and do a separate texture upload for 0 L$

Sounds almost like a "bug"!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.