Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Please go back and re-read this post:

@Nika Talajaccurately describes how this will work.  We usually release homes in large batches.  When the house-o-matic starts giving them out, it starts in a few particular regions out of that batch.  You all typically figure out very quickly where that is happening.  The key here will be for folks interested in picking a home, or a few homes with their friends to look out and away from where the house-o-matic is currently serving up homes.   With some patience it'll work, it is going to be a manual process for now.  The LandOps team will also work with you to choose another when your ticket comes up if the initial home you chose becomes unavailable and will continue to try to help you find a home until it is resolved.  I see this as better than doing nothing, and we're trying to do something of value that you all have requested since the beginning.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

I like that a few friends can get together and request homes on a sim, in fact I am cahoots right now with a couple friends, and we are planning to see if we can do it! I hope we can, it is a lot more fun with friends whether you choose mainland, rentals, or even trying to grab spots on the same region of new Linden Homes. 

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Please go back and re-read this post:

@Nika Talajaccurately describes how this will work.  We usually release homes in large batches.  When the house-o-matic starts giving them out, it starts in a few particular regions out of that batch.  You all typically figure out very quickly where that is happening.  The key here will be for folks interested in picking a home, or a few homes with their friends to look out and away from where the house-o-matic is currently serving up homes.   With some patience it'll work, it is going to be a manual process for now.  The LandOps team will also work with you to chose another when your ticket comes up and will continue to try to help you find a home until it is resolved.  I see this as better than doing nothing, and we're trying to do something of value that you all have requested since the beginning.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  

I think this is a really awesome part of plus and I really look forward to doing this, if I can get plus, thank you patch!

• Like 3

I did not mean to rain on the parade.  I was just providing some critical thought to the proposed new service because that is how I am wired.  I understand and agree with the motivation for adding this service.  I hope it works well and that people end up in homes they love, and that taking excessive advantage of the process is a rare or nonoccurrence.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

I see this as better than doing nothing, and we're trying to do something of value that you all have requested since the beginning.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  

What we need is a button in the viewer so we can stand on an empty Linden home parcel and press "CLAIM"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

What we need is a button in the viewer so we can stand on an empty Linden home parcel and press "CLAIM"

This is a brilliant idea and would make me go premium plus so fast. Button enabled for plus members only!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In the fantasy area, there are lots of regions that are sitting in the queue, and enough abandoned houses on currently open regions that those regions in the queue are not going anywhere. The risk isn't that someone will claim the requested house by the normal method, as that's just not happening. It'd only be if someone else with plus gets a ticket in first.

Some houses might well end up with a lot of people wanting them, but this is going to be spread over a lot of themes, with a lot of people who want different things.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I did not mean to rain on the parade.  I was just providing some critical thought to the proposed new service because that is how I am wired.  I understand and agree with the motivation for adding this service.  I hope it works well and that people end up in homes they love, and that taking excessive advantage of the process is a rare or nonoccurrence.  

I think I saw it the same way you did. I'm not understanding how, practically speaking, this will turn out to be an advantage for anyone other than those who have a large number of Premium Plus alts lined up ready to file requests on all the upcoming best locations, so that they will all be taken by one person or a small group working together. 

It seems like it would be very difficult for someone with only one Premium Plus account to have much of a chance to get one of the obvious "best" spots. The odds of filing a request for a great spot and being successful seem pretty small when you are competing with someone who is aggressively filing requests. 

Luckily, I have no interest in trying Premium Plus, or in any future LH releases, so it will all be 🍿 for me!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

...  practically speaking, this will turn out to be an advantage for anyone other than those who have a large number of Premium Plus alts lined up ready to file requests on all the upcoming best locations, so that they will all be taken by one person or a small group working together. 

Actually it makes no difference whether all the PremiumPlus Avatars who grab the best houses before the region is released to the public belong to one RL person or each to another. The effect is that as a normal Premium user in future you are very unlikely to get anything desirable ... you can just hop and choose between the leftovers.

I am terribly glad that I have three extremely nice homes with my three Premium alts (two Traditionals one Houseboat) Took me lots of time and nerves to hunt them down and I will certainly cling to these for good. No Premium Plus for me!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

How many parcels that are available in the queue remain unclaimed for "usually a day or so?"  It might work during a new release, or if supply for a given theme is ample, but I can see the competition for the best spots being fierce. 

For quite some time, LL has been creating regions that are set to Linden Home but seem to just sit there.  Sometimes, there are no homes of that type on the land page altho there are regions set to Linden Homes inworld.  Stilts are an excellent current example; there are also Sakura and Chalet regions that are untouched.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:25 AM, Malayaa Morningstar said:

instead of spending a lot of time rolling and abandoning, it could turn out to be time spent exploring new regions and looking for great houses that aren't the obvious #1 choice that others will be requesting...GOH The Support Ticket Edition  :) 

This is how I see it.  I like exploring, and it can work well when there are whole regions set to LH.  I often find myself interested in parcels that are not the obvious best - ones with Mole decor I like, or with interesting entrances, or where I'm struck by a cool idea for that one parcel.

• Like 5

I had assumptions about what PP would be and what it would cost. I was very eagerly looking forward to it and couldn't wait to sign up. It turns out some of my assumptions were wrong and now I am not sure that I will sign up for it right away. I might want to wait until some of the "coming soon" features actually arrive.

There are some nice things in the package and some things that personally I dont care about... and missing from the first release of the package are some things I do care about. I suspect some people who find this current package a great deal and I wish them well on it.

I am just not sure I want to spend that much for what it will offer.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed a typo
  • Like 2

So someone who has numerous Premium Plus accounts could in essence claim several prime spots and then pass them on to their friends through the loophole that exists on the land page without said friends even being PP?

Then go on and do it repeatedly in other regions?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

So someone who has numerous Premium Plus accounts could in essence claim several prime spots and then pass them on to their friends through the loophole that exists on the land page without said friends even being PP?

Interesting thought. It makes me wonder if the new system could also potentially be exploited for payment, like one could offer to sell their services as a requester of homes to those who can't file a request due to not being PP.  🤔

It would be interesting to see how it would work if LL would put some sort of restriction on the "claim a home via support ticket", like say that if you abandon within x number of days, you cannot file to claim another within y number of days. That might at least throttle any behind the scenes wheeling and dealing (assuming that wheeling and dealing is possible).

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

pass them on to their friends through the loophole that exists on the land page

I am unaware of any loophole that allows someone to pass homes to someone else, please enlighten me. 

You CAN  set yourself up to make it more likely that you may get a given abandoned home - this has been described before, but basically you wait for a given theme's queue to be low, then ALMOST claim a home of that type, leaving you with only one click to actually claim one.  Then a second avatar abandons the home you want, you do that one click, and you either end up with that home or one ... you were not looking for!    At that point you can abandon the one you didn't want and claim again, or have the original abandoner pick it up and try the whole thing again in a while... etc.  It can be a tedious  process and is never guaranteed, but I have been able to do it now and then.  It's not something you should attempt with a parcel you really love.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting thought. It makes me wonder if the new system could also potentially be exploited for payment

You would have to be paid for a LOT of homes to make this worthwhile, very time-consuming way to clear a few bucks.  Or charge an exorbitant amount, tho you'd have few customers, since it makes no sense to pay exorbitantly for a specific Linden Home (outside of the RFL context).

LL could indeed head this off by imposing restrictions ... but if it were my project I would watch for abuse before bothering to implement anything. 

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You would have to be paid for a LOT of homes to make this worthwhile, very time-consuming way to clear a few bucks.  Or charge an exorbitant amount, tho you'd have few customers, since it makes no sense to pay exorbitantly for a specific Linden Home (outside of the RFL context).

LL could indeed head this off by imposing restrictions ... but if it were my project I would watch for abuse before bothering to implement anything. 

Yeah, I'm not pondering whether it's worthwhile, just whether it's possible. :) 

I imagine what will happen is the same thing that goes on now with GOH, with the same folks and their alts getting all the best new spots. This just makes it easier (and more expensive) for them to do so. If I wasn't already disinclined to pay more for PP, that right there would make me think twice about whether it was worth it. *shrug*

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It would be interesting to see how it would work if LL would put some sort of restriction on the "claim a home via support ticket", like say that if you abandon within x number of days, you cannot file to claim another within y number of days. That might at least throttle any behind the scenes wheeling and dealing (assuming that wheeling and dealing is possible)

I would think/hope that at the very least, LL would put in a restriction that you can only claim one home via Support Ticket in some number of days -- preferably 30 days, but at least 2 weeks.  With the exception being if a completely new Theme is released, then you could abandon your current one and request one in the new Theme, even within the normal 'time frame limit'.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I like that a few friends can get together and request homes on a sim, in fact I am cahoots right now with a couple friends, and we are planning to see if we can do it! I hope we can, it is a lot more fun with friends whether you choose mainland, rentals, or even trying to grab spots on the same region of new Linden Homes. 

My question would be: If I am interested in a 512 parcel in a region in which the 1024s have already gone out, would that qualify for a request?

2 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

What loophole? Please share with the class. 🤩 I hadn't even thought about starting a Premium Plus House Squatting Empire, but you're giving me so many ideas. /s

Edited by yestothis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

My question would be: If I am interested in a 512 parcel in a region in which the 1024s have already gone out, would that qualify for a request?

Honestly no clue, and no expectation I will get anything either--just gonna try?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Not to be a pessimist, but I do not see how this is going to work very well as a means for grabbing the more desirable locations, or even the undesirable ones. 

How many parcels that are available in the queue remain unclaimed for "usually a day or so?"  It might work during a new release, or if supply for a given theme is ample, but I can see the competition for the best spots being fierce. 

If it is a "first come first served" situation, then this could just end up being the same scenario that frustrates so many with the current GOH process.  The person with the most time and resources will monitor the release of a region, and will immediately put in tickets to claim everything on it as soon as the homes are available.  We will then see the same posts about how unfair the system is by those who thought they would finally be able to get any home they want.

I personally don't have any problem with the way things work now, or with the proposed ticket system, but I would advise those seeing it as a means for getting their dream home to temper expectations...unless I am missing something, which is always possible.  

We shall see how it works but quite frankly the ticket system is quite good because I have no desire to mess around with land pages and I can just upgrade an request a house now.  Interesting, we shall see on opening day when I upgrade and see what happens.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

We shall see how it works but quite frankly the ticket system is quite good because I have no desire to mess around with land pages.

AFAIK, everyone uses the land page to acquire a home, or were you "loopholed" into one?

2 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

They in theory should go back to the unreleased queue versus the normal queue but we shall see.

Edited by Aria Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.