Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, Tary Allen said:

No, Reed Linden said the grandfathered accounts will have the same as any Plus if they upgrade. It wasn't clear what  would happen if they downgrade from Plus 

Well that's a big pile of rhubarb fertiliser to dump on us oldies who get the 500 a week oO

I've kept "this" acc as premium for the past few years as the cost roughly balances itself out, but I hope premium plus actually offers worthwhile benefits.  I'm still undecided to remain as premium when renewal is due in July.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The 2048 is a good move to help the oh so empty mainland

now a additional 1024 is only $7  .. the other stuff must be really véry interesting to get me over the line.
I hav 2 500L$ stipend account in the waiting room, for them it's their eternal destination now. A 600 L$ stipend is totally uninsteresting for them. 
The others thing that buzz around as uploaadfees and groupsslots are not interesting either. 
So in short.. nearly double subcription for something not worth even half.(for me!).. no thanks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

now a additional 1024 is only $7  .. the other stuff must be really véry interesting to get me over the line.
I hav 2 500L$ stipend account in the waiting room, for them it's their eternal destination now. A 600 L$ stipend is totally uninsteresting for them. 
The others thing that buzz around as uploaadfees and groupsslots are not interesting either. 
So in short.. nearly double subcription for something not worth even half.(for me!).. no thanks.

Not arguing but look at it this way.  

Let's say that the price for Plus is around $20US a month with taxes on a yearly subscription. 

Let's say that they double the stipend to 600lindens per week. Roughly that is $9 -10 US which means you are sort of paying $11ish per month

Then subtract that $7 a month. So around $4 extra for more groups and a discount on uploads.  That would be worthwhile for some folks. Note also that the $7 land fee you quoted doesn't include taxes or conversion fees so it is actually more than $7.   

AGAIN we don't know particulars and AGAIN this isn't of interest to me, but it would be workable for some people.  My comment on mainland wasn't from the USERS perspective but from a look at all the empty mainland that might be taken out of "maintenance" if this is a plan.   We saw how getting a 1024 instead of a 612 helped mainland for quite awhile. It can use another shot in the arm IMO. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 3:27 AM, Teresa Firelight said:

I believe that we wont get any additional premium homes or additional LI allowance (that one based on something one of the Lindens said at a public meeting). But we will get roughly twice the Land Allowance (e.,g. 2048 sq) which enables us to get a mainland as well as a Bellisserian home. (I have a Horizons parcel, so that is a big plus for me.)

this makes sense to me.  Only one Linden Home and get extra tier to spend on mainland

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Let's say that they double the stipend to 600lindens per week.

yes, but my two waiting room :)  accounts do have already 500 weekly, so the difference will only be  around 400 L$ a month, that's only 1.50.
It''s in that case "cheaper" to put another newer account in the super premium instead of oldies.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bob Iwashi said:

Well that's a big pile of rhubarb fertiliser to dump on us oldies who get the 500 a week oO

I've kept "this" acc as premium for the past few years as the cost roughly balances itself out, but I hope premium plus actually offers worthwhile benefits.  I'm still undecided to remain as premium when renewal is due in July.

If you have a L$500 account it's worth keeping as for all intents and purposes, it's free.

I would not recommend changing the membership at all.

Even if you roll a new account and make that super special premium plumbs, that legacy membership can just keep ticking away, paying for itself, and donating the tier to something useful. 

• Like 2

I still think of 2048m as not much land. Mainland sits there, not used, but LL has to run servers to keep it up, even if it is filled with abandoned land.

So why not offer more land without tier? It generates more money in the long run, because people are likely to buy a house, some new plants, a new fence or furniture. It is much more fun to have something new, than using only things you have owned for years. People who will save money will ask to buy abandoned land, but many people would buy land direct from others.

1024m is lovely, but.... it offers so little of what one can use in land impact. It is more interesting to me, having the land impact in one place. I know someone likes the thought of a 1024 and a Linden Home.

If we had a 4098m plot, that would be a land impact that matters.

• Like 5

My bet, and it is only a bet

2048 land, double groups, 700 L stipend and some discount in uploads ( maybe a couple name changes for free  also). Price a little lower than double, around 180 USD. Since I pay VAT my 1024 in mainland is currently  costing me 8,60 (or around that) monthly. So, if this is the case it will be cheaper. 

As said before, what will matter is the tier increase and the price, the rest is not that much important. They can throw in all kinds of stuff (double groups and so on) but in the end the math will be how much land we can have. 

Yes, Reed Linden said end of May, but I need to think about things (I don't like to be rushed), and in June it will be 6 months till my premium renew, so the clock is really ticking for me. 

At least with all this time preparing it (2 years wasn't it ?) it has to be a great package.

• Like 3

I rent 4096m with double prims for 6000 L/month. That is app. 27 US per month, but double prims! (2812 Li)

2 Plus accounts will let me live without tier/ rent if every Plus comes with 2048 m land.

Stipend granted for 2 Premium Plus accounts will cover the cost of buying 5600 L/month, app. 25 US. If it will be a stipend of 700 L weekly.

So I get back the value of 52 US/month. 52 US x 12 = 624 US.

I buy at least 10 K Lindens per month now. that is 44,5 US x 12 months = 534 US. Maybe 5600 L will cover my shopping, so I can live without buying Lindens. Maybe I will buy only 30 - 40 K annually in addition to the stipend.

2 Plus accounts that hypothetically will cost 130 US annually = 260 US.

2 Plus accounts that hypothetically will cost 150 US annually = 300 US

2 plus accounts that hypothetically will cost 180 US annually = 360 US

Is my math correct? I suck in math. I was surprised at how much I save on Plus, if, the numbers will be like this.

LL cover my VAT on annually Premium. Will they continue to do so? If no, that is 25% added to the price. That will also count - and also if it is less that 700 L stipend - or more.

And I have to pay for 4096 m land, maybe 50 K... And I have to get used to only 1400 prims again. The 10% group bonus may I use only if it is in the same region, but that is a small amount.

The price of double prim land is astronomical. What would 4096 m cost me? Half a million Lindens?

If I can tolerate ugly abandoned land, it will be much, much cheaper.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed to 4096 m and added about group bonus
  • Like 1

@Marianne Little

I've been doing my mat based in Plus being around 180 USD year, since Reed said it would be close to double. And yes, if that is is case and stipend increases to double or more it is a good option. 

For me it would be a plus and a normal premium, I don't pay VAT also because my premium is annually. So it would be 280 USD, that makes 23,3 USD month. And I would have 3072 sq tier free. 

Now the 900 L stipend (if the stipend only doubles) for the 2 accounts translate to 16, 31 USD month. Not a bad deal. Letting go of some rentals I have I can live with it, only with the occasional linden buy. 

And I pay in Euros witch is a little less. But that can change so not a factor.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes, but my two waiting room :)  accounts do have already 500 weekly, so the difference will only be  around 400 L$ a month, that's only 1.50.
It''s in that case "cheaper" to put another newer account in the super premium instead of oldies.

That is what I would do, because at this moment it is not clear if you downgrade from Plus what stipend would you get, but I'm guessing it would be the 300. Wild guess and only because Reed didn't answer that, and if it was clear people would revert to the previous stipends that would be said.

I wish they hurry up and tell us what it is already :) 

3 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Maths, not "math". Maths is an abbreviation of mathematics, not "mathematic".

Yes I noticed after posting, since I'n not an English native speaker I decided to let it go. 

Mat is the short form in Portuguese (the beauty of an international forum is that we all can learn)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

@Marianne Little

I've been doing my mat based in Plus being around 180 USD year, since Reed said it would be close to double. And yes, if that is is case and stipend increases to double or more it is a good option. 

For me it would be a plus and a normal premium, I don't pay VAT also because my premium is annually. So it would be 280 USD, that makes 23,3 USD month. And I would have 3072 sq tier free. 

Now the 900 L stipend (if the stipend only doubles) for the 2 accounts translate to 16, 31 USD month. Not a bad deal. Letting go of some rentals I have I can live with it, only with the occasional linden buy. 

And I pay in Euros witch is a little less. But that can change so not a factor.

I am hoping for a discount price for the first year. ;) 

Maybe we can get a discount of 20 or 30 US if we buy Plus the first month it is on offer.

It is only wishful thinking, no more. 😄

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If we had a 4096m plot, that would be a land impact that matters.

i would have thought this size package would be quite attractive for increasing mainland occupancy. 4096m tier, L$1200 stipend a week. Suppose it was $US30 a month - $1 a day about - $300 per annum. Basically pay for 3 and get 4

one Linden Home only leaves 3072m tier for mainland

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

... in the land of aluminium, that is.

Not only that, but the BBC still doesn’t know how to pronounce ‘Maryland’ or ‘Houston’ or ‘Adidas’ or ‘Nike’ despite a number of messages from me (and no doubt others) over the last couple of decades…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well it will be interesting to see what the new premium level actually encompasses. Right now no one can actually decide if they are opting in. There were plenty of folks that wanted to change their names but didn't because of the cost.  :D.

I rent a half a region for 24000 lindens a month. I have a small plot in Babbage also.   I have plenty of groups left even though I am not premium. I don't upload much any longer, still use local textures to test and make plenty of profits to cover any spending.  Lindens are not an issue at all, so it is pretty obvious that I am not part of the target audience.  

BUT I suspect that there IS a target audience just like there were folks that were happy to pay the fee to get a new name.  Everyone will need to decide for themselves. We can only see how close we came to guessing :D the final deal -- and then decide if it IS a "deal". 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:
3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Maths, not "math". Maths is an abbreviation of mathematics, not "mathematic". 

... in the land of aluminium, that is.

Oh! We only have "aluminum" here!

40 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Not only that, but the BBC still doesn’t know how to pronounce ‘Maryland’ or ‘Houston’ or ‘Adidas’ or ‘Nike’ despite a number of messages from me (and no doubt others) over the last couple of decades…

I've noticed a sad inability of BBC radio to pronounce Spanish words properly. For example, "junta" pronounced with the "j" sound instead of like "hoonta". I assume they think everyone is called "Jesus" with the same "j" sound instead of "Hey-Zeus".  And that they pronounce "jalapeno" like "jalopy", etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've noticed a sad inability of BBC radio to pronounce Spanish words properly. For example, "junta" pronounced with the "j" sound instead of like "hoonta". I assume they think everyone is called "Jesus" with the same "j" sound instead of "Hey-Zeus".  And that they pronounce "jalapeno" like "jalopy", etc.

But we created those words on purpose, so no one can order un Carajillo properly....

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

At least with all this time preparing it (2 years wasn't it ?) it has to be a great package.

That is exactly what I've been thinking. It would be too much time for just offering double tier and stipend, I want to think they are planning extra benefits apart from groups. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here is what I would like to see with premium plus:

1. Multiple Marketplaces per 1 account. Having to use alts to run multiple marketplace stores is a pain in my ass. I hate, loathe, really truly do not like having to juggle multiple accounts.
  2. Increased tier
  3. Increased stipend (though honestly, if you can afford premium plus, the stipend is just a perk more than anything. Most people who can afford premium plus or multiple memberships is not hurting for lindens)
  4. Sure, increased groups, too, I guess. Though that is problematic because group chat goes haywire and quits working often, which is why I think so many groups have moved to 3rd party services. I don't see a point in more groups that don't work. When they work, it's great, but this multi-week chat issue, and maybe it's for larger groups, needs to be addressed. I'm sure it's already being addressed, but… this is my biggest annoyance with SL.
  5. Multiple Homes per account. 2, not like 3 or 4, just 2. 2 homes.

Other things I'd like to see added/fixed in general:

1. group chat
  2. mobile viewer
  3. Welcome Newbie area island added to Bellisseria
  4. Functioning but exclusive to premium, or maybe premium plus members, a sandbox connected to Bellisseria, so that builders can work together while staying in Belli.
  5. Premium Membership Shops done up like Bellisseria. Highly decorated and HOA store land with like 5 different stores per parcel to choose from. So it's all pretty, and linden patrolled.
Edited by Gingir Ghoststar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.