What do post reactions mean?? REALLY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

bTu2JE7.png

(this is a silly forum game not intended to single anyone and their interpretive use of reactions out, don't do that)

Isn't it though? When you extrapolate content that was deleted by mods and make a new thread about the deleted content aren't you really just planting a bomb and waiting for it to go off? Because you are smart enough to know that is what will happen.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

Don’t put on a happy face! Are you using the smiley emoji all wrong?

The classic grinning emoji has once more changed its meaning – at least amongst gen Zers. So what is it communicating now – and what should you be using instead?

Name: The smiley face emoji.

Appearance: A bland, benign smile on a yellow background.

Meaning: Colossally insulting in every conceivable way.

What? But it’s just a friendly smile. No it isn’t. The smiley face emoji is a weapon of sheer blunt-force trauma. Nothing says “I hate you” more than a smiley face emoji.

But … but … why? It’s a tool of passive aggression and dismissiveness. A smiley face emoji at the end of a message is a patronising pat on the head from somebody who wishes you nothing but ill fortune.

I use it all the time. Then you’re a monster.

source - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/11/dont-put-on-a-happy-face-are-you-using-the-smiley-emoji-all-wrong

🙂

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Isn't it though? When you extrapolate content that was deleted by mods and make a new thread about the deleted content aren't you really just planting a bomb and waiting for it to go off? Because you are smart enough to know that is what will happen.

This wasn't intended as a thread about deleted content, I made the OP pretty clear .. but as we're off topic after 4 posts

• Like 2

I can’t speak for anyone else’s use of the various reactions, but I use them literally. I am trying to turn over a new leaf in my use of the laugh emoji, though. So far, I’ve really only used it when I actually laugh out loud at the keyboard. I’m starting to think that’s a stupidly high bar to set, as laughter is a communal thing and it takes a lot to get me to laugh in solitude. To all of you out there who think I don’t find you funny because I don’t laugh… IT’S NOT TRUE!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

bTu2JE7.png

In order of their appearance: 

1.Goblet of Mead
2. A lazy person's taunt.  It seems to work well.

3. Something went somewhere it wasn't expected to go.

4. Pulling at the heart strings

5. I liked your picture, now like mine..

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

bTu2JE7.png

Thanks - HaHa - Sad - Confused - Like

I've always thought of the middle one as Confused and the one next to the heart as Sad.   B|

I have recently switched from giving a scorn laugh to being WTF confused, most of the time anyway (mostly because Confused does not give a Rep point).  There have still been a few times lately when I couldn't hold back on the laugh reaction, but not really meaning it in a funny ha-ha chuckle way.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

if all the reaction buttons disappeared tomorrow then I wouldn't care

in the same way I never cared when the reputation total disappeared from the post profile where it used to display above the post count

What?! You don't have a Reputation? What the Hell is wrong with you? Maybe the mods took yours off for some reason???

(just kidding of course)

• Haha 3

20551263_ForumEmojis.png.c79826a5a31348a5e493fa4fd3eefac1.png

1. Thank you for saying what I was thinking myself.

2. It's funny that you're so dumb.

3. I have no f**ing clue how your brain must be working.

4. It's sad that you're so dumb.

5. I read this and thought it was a decent response.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I can’t speak for anyone else’s use of the various reactions, but I use them literally. I am trying to turn over a new leaf in my use of the laugh emoji, though. So far, I’ve really only used it when I actually laugh out loud at the keyboard. I’m starting to think that’s a stupidly high bar to set, as laughter is a communal thing and it takes a lot to get me to laugh in solitude. To all of you out there who think I don’t find you funny because I don’t laugh… IT’S NOT TRUE!!!

I'll use it if the post gets even just a giggle or snort out of me. The question is, what was my intent? Therein lies the rub, whether or not I think it's funny in a ha-ha way or funny in an "the person is an idiot" way. Either way, be glad something you said struck me as funny. I love to laugh and do my best to make others laugh because it just feels good when everyone else is smiling. That doesn't mean that all of my posts are meant to make people laugh.

We seem to have the opposite problem. 🤭

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What?! You don't have a Reputation? What the Hell is wrong with you? Maybe the mods took yours off for some reason???

(just kidding of course)

OMG I am so, so glad those stupid popularity contests are gone forever! They were pretty stupid. 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

bTu2JE7.png

Thanks - HaHa - Sad - Confused - Like

Utter nonsense I say !!

What do they mean, REALLY ?

WRONG ANSWERS ONLY 

(this is a silly forum game not intended to single anyone and their interpretive use of reactions out, don't do that)

1. toast

2. agree

3.not sure

4.afraid

5. love you

• Like 4

I mean really? I always thought these were fairly obvious.

bTu2JE7.png

Left to right:

• "You tried!" - the participation award for when showing up was the best one could do.
  • Pacifier - aka plop and stop that verbal flop.
  • Can't see **** - or...

why fontsize and type should not be in user hands.

• It was a joke, you just don't get it - I'm winning here, WINNING! YOU HEAR ME? I. AM. WINNING!
  • You're aesthetically inducing chemicals in my brain cortex. Do you perchance want to meet up and lewdly hold hands without the exchange of much in the form of verbiage?
Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1. Your name has been added to the Goblet of Fire

2. A very competitive game played between forum users of who can 'say aah' the most

3. Let me get my monocle to make your post look smarter

4. My more contagious form of pink eye 'forum blue eye' is playing up again.. thought I would let your post touch it

5. A time killer game of Like goes on, like goes off... Like goes on, like goes off... Like goes on, like goes off...💡

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.